SBama

Media Links:

Twitter = https://twitter.com/Aj_harris04

Hudl = https://www.hudl.com/profile/11159842/AaronJoshua-Harris

Maxpreps =
    https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/aar...ball/stats.htm

Highlights:

Soph Season = https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1115984...f03a08201f6992
    Last edited by BobbyMac; 06-20-2021, 09:10 AM.

3.5 GPA at a highly rated private school

2 way player on one of the better 3A schools in AL (Out of 7A)

Had 4 Off TD's -- 2 Int's/1 P6 -- 4 PRTD -- 1 KRTD in 12 G.

Big kid already at 6-2/185. Maybe not a CB long term?

247 thinks Georgia leads - Mansell has a CB-6 in for him.

Now the important stuff:

Dad's from Gary and an ND fan.

Last edited by BobbyMac; 03-11-2021, 09:25 AM.

Comment

But what is mom's preference?
      "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

“That was definitely one that I definitely wanted,” Harris told Irish Breakdown. “My dad is actually a huge fan of Notre Dame because he's from Gary, Indiana, so I actually grew up watching Notre Dame with my father. It was a blessing, but I didn't know it was coming. I was shocked, but I definitely took it all in. I love their coaching staff, and it was a pleasure for me and my dad to get on the phone with them and talk with them.”
        https://www.si.com/college/notredame...plans-to-visit

And then:

The CB countdown has begun. Tik Tok

Last edited by BobbyMac; 03-11-2021, 08:36 PM.

Comment

"Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Man o man!. Come on Pops... we're countin on you Region!

Comment

Would love to have a 6'2" CB. GPA at a private school tells me the kid has a head on his shoulders. I won't be surprised to see some predictions come our way.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                Would love to have a 6'2" CB. GPA at a private school tells me the kid has a head on his shoulders. I won't be surprised to see some predictions come our way.
                he dont look 6'2" in that video above though
                What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post

he dont look 6'2" in that video above though
                  Yeah maybe not, but tough to say because he gets really low in all the reps. When he rises after the rep is finished he looks much taller. Still unsure, but I'm willing to take his word for it

Comment

Comment

Was Alpha Dog at UA All America per Ivins/247.

Of course, he doesn't mention ND when reporting on schools involved.

Comment

5* action opening at #28 on Rivals

Comment

Clamped the MVP in ATL

What if they land him?

Comment

Somewhat flew under the radar visitor today.

Singer said they hit a mammoth home run today and will have more later

Comment

Yep... Pop's reppin the crib... God bless em!

Comment

Loy with the same sentiment as Singer.

Comment

My hopes are alllllll the way up. Some of his quotes are eye opening. Straight A student as well. Wants to decide soon. I actually think he's Irish and I'm trying so hard not to be a homer.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Things looking good.

Comment

The Loy article is free.

This quote: “I'm not from Alabama. I'm definitely from California.” That definitely he threw in there feels weirdly important. Like a don’t even act like I’m locked into the South.

Ive said on at least 3 occasions it’s not worthy griping over landing CB #5 versus #25 in a given year given how hard a projection at CB is, Harris can be that instant absolute game changer. The couple CBs a year where you say damn that kid starts as a true freshman.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
                                              The Loy article is free.

This quote: “I'm not from Alabama. I'm definitely from California.” That definitely he threw in there feels weirdly important. Like a don’t even act like I’m locked into the South.

Ive said on at least 3 occasions it’s not worthy griping over landing CB #5 versus #25 in a given year given how hard a projection at CB is, Harris can be that instant absolute game changer. The couple CBs a year where you say damn that kid starts as a true freshman.
                                              Well, Dale the "I'm definitely from California" quote is telling. Alabama can be culture shock for a move in. there is some strange juju down there, and the recent travail of philandering governors, justices and a certain bigamist football coach can be head scratchers.

While it would seem counterintuitive, it may have been easier for the Tide to corral Harris is he had STAYED in California rather than moved to Alabama.

In Saban's program you are sort of a "bubble" but when you go to high school in Alabama well, you see all the pockmarks. Even cultural and sociological say we say, Zits.

I have a long time friend who is from Buffalo, a successful dad and granddad, but even he has to bite his tongue about some of the insular claptrap.

I could go on.......

Comment

"This decision could change my life for the next 40 years if I were to go to #Notre Dame
                                                At least we know he was paying attention during his visit.

Comment

He has my attention

"Notre Dame is realistic, because I'm not from Alabama. I'm definitely from California, raised in Germany, so I'm not entitled to any of those schools and I'm entitled to what's best for me and my family. So, it's not Alabama, Georgia or Clemson — it's what's best for me and what can help me off the field as well. I believe Notre Dame is a balance of both worlds and people will be shocked… My dad did 20-plus years in the military. It's not like I've just been in Alabama my whole life which is the funny part.”
                                                  Last edited by Cackalacky2.0; 06-16-2021, 07:21 AM.
                                                  "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                                    He has my attention
                                                    Paraphrasing: "Don't act like I only eat shrimp and grits - we all know eggs benedict is where it's at"

Comment

I'm not from Alabama. I'm definitely from California
                                                      All I can picture after I read that.

Comment

Sounds like he's got a chip on his shoulder with people assuming he's going to pick one of the 'southern' powerhouses just because he's in Alabama.

I'm not mad about it.

Time for Mickens to earn that paycheck and close the deal.

Comment

I'll be talking to Pops real soon, Region to Region.

We'll get this nailed down.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And did anyone read the comment section attached to the FREEBIE from 247?

Those guys are acting like AJ picked out a room in Dillon or something.

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old man is career military. I like that. Am I dumb for thinking ND has a shot here??
                                                            Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post

I get off work in about an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Pops Freshenmeyer View Post

I get off work in about an hour.
                                                                Now that’s so funny chit.

Comment

A lot of videos of him spending the day at Ohio St camp with Coombs basically spending a ton of time one on one with him working drills. I'll be interested to hear his reaction to that trip.
                                                                  Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                                                    A lot of videos of him spending the day at Ohio St camp with Coombs basically spending a ton of time one on one with him working drills. I'll be interested to hear his reaction to that trip.
                                                                    I don’t want to be the cold water guy as I’m here to enjoy the early spot that visit put us in but he gives pretty great vibes on a lot of these visits. Clemson and Bama for example. So, while ND might be in the top 3 or 4 for him, that’s a Uber competitive bunch to be in.

Comment

A look from OSU's POV.

Comment

Question for the board - does anyone have an example of a story from 247 or Rivals from a visit that didn’t go well? Even in hindsight? When every visit talks about how “breathtaking” or “special” it was, it’s tough from an outside view to get an idea of how it actually went. I can occasionally tell which from a rivals or 247 story that there will be an imminent commitment (Jaden Mickey was one) but curious about an example for what the reverse looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by knight2017 View Post
                                                                          Question for the board - does anyone have an example of a story from 247 or Rivals from a visit that didn’t go well? Even in hindsight? When every visit talks about how “breathtaking” or “special” it was, it’s tough from an outside view to get an idea of how it actually went. I can occasionally tell which from a rivals or 247 story that there will be an imminent commitment (Jaden Mickey was one) but curious about an example for what the reverse looks like.
                                                                          wait a minute, mr Knight 2017, is it feasible that young Mr. Harris has broken the code for maximizing NIL benefits? not joking

Comment

After you've read 10,000 of them you become an expert at deciphering the Platitude Code.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              There was that kid who the best he could say was "all of the bricks match". Was that Demetrious Robertson?

Comment

• #40
                                                                                The #1 pro of a 247 subscription is evaluating stuff like this. You can very easily pull up 3 visit articles and gauge what a kids baseline is and if he’s just always excited or one schools comments are special.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  He’s at the Opening this weekend. Haven’t found a full roster yet

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    He’s at the Opening this weekend. Haven’t found a full roster yet
                                                                                    So no OL/DL and it’s in LA not Nike HQ or in Texas has apparently made this basically a CA kids camp and I haven’t seen Williams or Merriweather mentioned as attendees at that. Angeli also not Elite 11. Not sure if the spring circuit also impacted who ended up invited. That’s a bummer. Well Harris a a ‘23 being there is interesting but not much else. Back in the day The Opening was worth it’s on thread might see a update or two this weekend.

Comment

• #43

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Top 13! He should do a countdown and eliminate one team each day until he's down to two.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...ecision-sunday

“Those relationships matter,” Daniel said. “AJ really fell in love with C.J. Hicks and (Xavier) at The Opening. We’re watching to see where (Xavier) is going to go. Is it Notre Dame, is it Ohio State? AJ is very much a relationship type of person, so getting with those guys at The Opening, that was big.”
                                                                                          The balance between how how awesome this would be and how unlikely this is is a mental pretzel. Need to get on campus again. Nwankpa and Harris are both Day 1 starters.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...ecision-sunday

The balance between how how awesome this would be and how unlikely this is is a mental pretzel. Need to get on campus again. Nwankpa and Harris are both Day 1 starters.
                                                                                            All this tells me is Xavier is going to Ohio St
                                                                                            Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                            Working...
                                                                                            X