Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'23 VA OT Alex Birchmeier (Penn State Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '23 VA OT Alex Birchmeier (Penn State Verbal)

OT / Swing
    Ashburn, VA
    Broad Run HS

Measurements:
    Height: 6-5
    Weight: 265

Rankings:
    247 Comp: ... NR
    247: .............. 4* ..... #2 OT ..... #29 OA ..... 92
    Rivals: .......... NR
    ESPN: .......... NR
    Offers:
    Notre Dame ..... Offered 2-23-21
    ASU
    Ark
    FSU
    MD
    MSU
    NC
    PSU
    Pitt
    Vandy
    UVa
    VT
    WVU

Media Links:

Twitter = https://twitter.com/Alex_Birchmeier

Highlights:

Last edited by clashmore_mike; 07-15-2021, 12:19 PM.

Last edited by BobbyMac; 06-13-2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Just a TJ Shanahan offer short of going 4 for 4 to start off the '23 cycle.

Just won the heavyweight state title

Last edited by BobbyMac; 06-13-2021, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Comment

247 has him as the #1 IOL / #19 OA / 4* / 94

247 Comp is 5* / #1 IOL / #31 Overall

Rivals has him as the #3 OG / #61 OA / 4 star but one of the OG's is Chase Bisontis so let's call it #2

Dohn's CB-6 from Feb. '21 remains the only CB on the board. No FC's on Rivals.

His brother wrestles for Navy.

Comment

Update from Christian. Decision could come soon. Sounds like it’s PSU/ND.

https://irishsportsdaily.com/forums/1/topics/59925

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
              Update from Christian. Decision could come soon. Sounds like it’s PSU/ND.

https://irishsportsdaily.com/forums/1/topics/59925
              And we're feeling hopeful or uncertain?

Comment

Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post

And we're feeling hopeful or uncertain?
                Uncertain for me. It's Quinn / ND OL production / ND education vs. Trautwein / Earlier playing time / 3.5 hrs from home.

Trautwein's got his top prospect the last two cycles and he doesn't have to recruit around a loaded room of young All American lineman.

We'll see what elite education and distance mean here soon.

Comment

Has he received any wrestling interest from psu?

Comment

Originally posted by AvesEvo View Post
                    Has he received any wrestling interest from psu?
                    I don't believe so.

Comment

Fong CB 8 to PSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                        Fong CB 8 to PSU.
                        There are 4-5 legit top 50 OL in the 2023 class that ND defaulted into their top 3 just by being ND/OLU.
                        Tanona was the first kid in the 2022 class & Chan not too far behind. Most thought Schrauth would be committed last summer too, & by now the OL class would be finished.
                        I thought ND would be able to focus 100% of their OL recruiting now to the 2023 kids & get 2-3 of those top tier recruits. But it seems now a few (Birchmeier, Shanahan), have already lost interest. ND needs to be able to spend time on Proctor and Freeling.

Comment

What did Davonte do?

Comment

Off-season Franklin is a real pain in the…

Comment

It's amazing how well they are recruiting given how bad the on-field product is. I'm really hoping to see them come out flat again, would love to see 4-6 losses for PSU

Comment

It's amazing how well they are recruiting given how bad the on-field product is. I'm really hoping to see them come out flat again, would love to see 4-6 losses for PSU
                                In all fairness, with the exception of last year, they've done pretty well since Franklin started 7-6 his first two seasons. 11-2, 9-4, 11-2 & 11-3.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

In all fairness, with the exception of last year, they've done pretty well since Franklin started 7-6 his first two seasons. 11-2, 9-4, 11-2 & 11-3.

How dare you challenge our version of the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post

How dare you challenge our version of the truth.

Last edited by Irish#1; 07-15-2021, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Franklin is garbage, your post is garbage and anyone who wants to defend another school is hot garbage.

(Yes, I looked at their prior records before I made my post)

I just want Penn State to fall off the cliff again, they are so close to doing so but they won't lose to Michigan.

Comment

Franklin is garbage, your post is garbage and anyone who wants to defend another school is hot garbage.

(Yes, I looked at their prior records before I made my post)

I just want Penn State to fall off the cliff again, they are so close to doing so but they won't lose to Michigan.
                                        Chill dude. Never defended Franklin or PSU. Just pointed out that their record isn’t that bad and why they are pulling some kids.

Comment

Troutwein is doing a great job recruiting O line at PSU. It's only been 2 years and outside of missing on Nolan Rucci last year (his brother was already at Wiscy), he's doing a really nice job for them.
                                          The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

Pretty sure you just admitted to rooting for Michigan.

BURN THE HERETIC. PURGE THE UNCLEAN.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by Polish Leppy 22 View Post
                                              Troutwein is doing a great job recruiting O line at PSU. It's only been 2 years and outside of missing on Nolan Rucci last year (his brother was already at Wiscy), he's doing a really nice job for them.
                                              Is he?

Since he got there for the 2020 Class he's offered 152 lineman and landed just 3 four stars out of the 11 total OL's he's got commitments from

'23 - Birchmeier .98
                                              '22 - Shelton .95
                                              '21 - Tengwall .97

To be fair, his best '20 recruit was Jimmy Christ a .88 3 star

And true to form for PSU, not ONE of the commits are from outside of their PA-VA and states NE of that region of influence.

If these were Quinn's stats, his head would've been on a pike 12 months ago

Comment

Chill dude. Never defended Franklin or PSU. Just pointed out that their record isn’t that bad and why they are pulling some kids.
                                                Sorry, that was really intended as a dry humor joke. I hate PSU almost as much as Michigan but not quite.

Comment

Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post

Pretty sure you just admitted to rooting for Michigan.

BURN THE HERETIC. PURGE THE UNCLEAN.
                                                  I'm not rooting for Michigan, I just don't think there is any way Harbaugh wins that game. I'd love to see both teams beat up, worn out 4+ TOs each, quadruple overtime final score: 17 - 14

Michigan is a dumpster covered in gasoline outside of a pipesmoker's convention.....it's just a matter of time.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                  Working...
                                                  X