Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'22 GA TE Holden Staes (Notre Dame Verbal)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

He’s been free from PSU for 3 months and I still can’t even think to say who’d theoretically be 2nd place here lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
        He’s been free from PSU for 3 months and I still can’t even think to say who’d theoretically be 2nd place here lol
        Yea, it's kind of wild. There is reportedly interest from other big programs yet it seems like it's only been ND since his de-commitment from PSU.

Comment

I've seen he'll announce at 5 by a random poster and then this tweet. Could it be he committed to the staff today and will go public tomorrow? That's how Raridon's went down, right? They bat signaled then it hit the newsstands the next day.

Comment

I hope he Staes the course and is Irish!

Comment

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
              I hope he Staes the course and is Irish!

Comment

Definitely tomorrow at 5pm EST.

https://www.instagram.com/p/COlCjDFF...d=cds116n68n2b

Georgia TE's got me all...

Last edited by BobbyMac; 05-07-2021, 04:02 PM.

Comment

GA TE pipeline continues, who's next?

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                    Funny thing... The highest rated TE’s in the class are GA TE’s they didn’t get... or even make a run at.

Comment

So when we only had a different GA TE there was speculation that TE recruiting was down or underperforming by the punditry, do these two commitments since then fix the situation or are we still not quite recruiting to an appropriate level at our money spot?

Comment

Originally posted by Armyirish47 View Post
                        So when we only had a different GA TE there was speculation that TE recruiting was down or underperforming by the punditry, do these two commitments since then fix the situation or are we still not quite recruiting to an appropriate level at our money spot?
                        Shots fired? U betting that Jack Nickel = Mitchell Evans spring game?

Comment

Originally posted by Armyirish47 View Post
                          I think it’s fair to say we have reached our TE homeostaesis
                          "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

I know there is talent in the state of FL, but I am glad ND has been recruiting more out of GA.

Will be nice to get another commit from GA with Staes.

Comment

Originally posted by 317Irish View Post

Shots fired? U betting that Jack Nickel = Mitchell Evans spring game?
                              No no no, I'm just saying Prister and the those guys had some misgivings about TE recruiting earlier in the offseason. I don't know enough about recruiting to guess if we had adequately addressed their concerns. Cack sounds confident and that's good enough for me.

Comment

Committed to ND.

Comment

Committed

vs. Trolled
                                  Last edited by BobbyMac; 05-08-2021, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Comment

And there it is. Awesome news. This is quite the TE room McNulty is putting together.

Next year while Mayer is still on campus, I can't think of the last time the TE room was this deep.

Comment

Awesome pick up! His game reminds me a lot of Tommy Tremble. Staes/Raridon is an awesome combo; Staes is your traditional TE and Raridon is your receiving tight end and matchup nightmare.

Still feel for Nickel though.

Comment

When I started talking to him, you quickly realize he's like the Sean McVay of college football right now. The opportunity to play for a guy like that, seeing what he's done already at Notre Dame this past year with the offense, it's only gonna build
                                          All the stuff they have planned for name, image and likeness. Everything they told me about the rich history they have with football and the TE position. That was big for me
                                          https://247sports.com/college/notre-...022-165178442/

Comment

Confirmed to ISD he’s been a silent. Joked with Raridon he committed first Eli just went public first

https://irishsportsdaily.com/s/14936...-to-notre-dame

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
                                              It was Texas. He did a self guided there after doing self guided at ND per Loy

Comment

Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                                Awesome pick up! His game reminds me a lot of Tommy Tremble. Staes/Raridon is an awesome combo; Staes is your traditional TE and Raridon is your receiving tight end and matchup nightmare.

Still feel for Nickel though.
                                                Even looks like Tommy a bit too lol, looks athletic af

Comment

2022 TE depth chart will look like this

Michael Mayer
                                                  Kevin Bauman
                                                  Cane Berrong
                                                  Mitchell Evans
                                                  Eli Raridon
                                                  Holden Staes

It'll be interesting to see who, not named Michael Myer, sees snaps in 2021. That is a very athletic and deep group. Hard to see George Takacs gets asked to come back just because of the numbers.

Comment

Michael Mayer
                                                    Kevin Bauman
                                                    Cane Berrong
                                                    Mitchell Evans
                                                    Eli Raridon
                                                    Holden Staes

It'll be interesting to see who, not named Michael Myer, sees snaps in 2021. That is a very athletic and deep group. Hard to see George Takacs gets asked to come back just because of the numbers.
                                                    I hope Takacs does well enough to earn a selection in next year's draft but my money would be on Bauman given what we heard last fall. I suppose Evans or Berrong could leapfrog him. We need media to have access to practice if we're going to figure this one out before the coaches.

Comment

Here’s his commitment video. Very well done.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/COoFKKB...5-08FEC9D20418

Comment

Cool beans

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

Welcome to ND young man. I wish the best for you.
                                                            Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Michael Mayer
                                                              Kevin Bauman
                                                              Cane Berrong
                                                              Mitchell Evans
                                                              Eli Raridon
                                                              Holden Staes

Its true 6 TE's is one too many but I wouldn't be too quick to assume the odd man out is going to be Takacs. He's really come on and is going to play a lot this year as the "in line" TE. Of course this is all a year away so a lot could happen.

Comment

What he needs to improve:

Though he shows some flashes of short area quickness, he’s not a dynamic athlete. I don’t see above the rim catches or “make you miss” athleticism.

I’d like to see him become a lot sharper as a route runner and more consistently physical gaining separation. He’ll fight through contact, but he can win by initiating more often.

He does appear to have the frame to play in-line some, but how he’ll perform blocking from there early in his college career is in question. I’d like to see him lineup there a bit more rather than the slot and show some progress there as a senior.

What’s his ceiling?

I think Staes is a plus in a lot of categories. I’m not sure if he’s elite in any one.

That’s why his ceiling for me is that he can be a starter for Notre Dame, which translates to an NFL Draft pick, but not necessarily a Mackey Award contender. That could change if I see more dynamic ability from him as a senior.

I like him a lot as a prospect. I see a ton of potential for him to be a consistent target in the middle of the field once he physically develops at Notre Dame.

Comment

Originally posted by ResLife Hero View Post

Damn, Jamie's eval is a tad deflating. For those of you who know how to break down film, do you agree?

Comment

Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post

Damn, Jamie's eval is a tad deflating. For those of you who know how to break down film, do you agree?
                                                                    I think it’s a fair and accurate evaluation. I don’t think it is deflating at all. I don’t think his tape is much different than Jack Nickel. He’s good at making tough, contested catches over the middle and I think he’s an above average blocker for his age. He’s a perfect complimentary TE to Raridon; the thunder to Eli’s lightning, if you will.

I would expect a similar career path for Staes, compared to Tremble. A future 3rd round pick would be a win in my book.

Comment

I think it’s a fair and accurate evaluation. I don’t think it is deflating at all. I don’t think his tape is much different than Jack Nickel. He’s good at making tough, contested catches over the middle and I think he’s an above average blocker for his age. He’s a perfect complimentary TE to Raridon; the thunder to Eli’s lightning, if you will.

I would expect a similar career path for Staes, compared to Tremble. A future 3rd round pick would be a win in my book.
                                                                      Would be thrilled with another Tremble, but I have to ask -- if he's not dissimilar to Nickel, what was the point? Bird-in-hand after all...

Comment

Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post

Would be thrilled with another Tremble, but I have to ask -- if he's not dissimilar to Nickel, what was the point? Bird-in-hand after all...
                                                                        That is the same question I had when the Staes vs Nickel debate was going on. The staff clearly saw something in Staes that made them feel comfortable with Nickel walking away. There is also a substantial difference in offers and rankings between Staes and Nickel. I will never doubt the staff evaluations when it comes to DL, OL, and TE.

But in my eyes, on film, there isn't a big difference between Staes and Nickel.

Comment

I always liked Nickel’s film more than Staes due to competition level. I don’t think Staes film gives you as much to breakdown due to the fact that it’s I think 3A in Georgia? Some of the contested catches are against well, kids some of us probably were in HS lol. Nickel meanwhile has disciplined blocking technique against guys with D1 offers on the field competing in 7A Georgia football. If I had to go ceiling and floor, Nickel’s floor is probably actual Brock Wright career while ceiling is probably a tad higher and more utilized than Brock Wright. Staes ceiling just due to athletic traits is certainly higher he’ll just need some molding.

Comment

He specifically says in the comments section that he likes Staes more than Nickel because he has a “much higher ceiling”. Honestly, I don’t find his FDL to be deflating at all. He calls him a future NFL TE, with pluses in a lot of categories but maybe not elite in any. Which sounds to me like a solid 4 star TE, which he is.

Comment

• #88
                                                                              Welcome to Notre Dame Holden!

Comment

• #89
                                                                                Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post

I think it’s fair to say we have reached our TE homeostaesis
                                                                                I cant believe this slipped by yall....becasue thats clearly what happened.

Comment

• #90

I cant believe this slipped by yall....becasue thats clearly what happened.
                                                                                  Upon further review and the fact Whiskey liked it. I threw a like and already my IQ is up 5 points. Thanks.

Comment

• #91
                                                                                    Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post

Upon further review and the fact Whiskey liked it. I threw a like and already my IQ is up 5 points. Thanks.
                                                                                    Im thinking this site is populated by a bunch of scientifically illiterate low brow comedy liking hoodlums

Comment

• #92

Im thinking this site is populated by a bunch of scientifically illiterate low brow comedy liking hoodlums
                                                                                      I know right?

Did you know Larry the Cable Guy made it all the way through his Jr. year at Nebraska (A friggin Big Ten Skool!!) before taking his witty brand of comedy on the road?

I love that dude.

Comment

• #93

The real question is if Holden doesn't see playing time after his sophomore year, "Will he Staes or will he go?

Comment

• #94
                                                                                          Really cool job by Singer

https://youtu.be/obTjezkyNts

Comment

• #95
                                                                                            Singer’s coverage is legit. He does a great job at BGI.

Comment

• #96
                                                                                              Singer’s coverage is legit. He does a great job at BGI.
                                                                                              Yeah, he clearly works his tail off. Constantly updating/uploading/posting great coverage.

Comment

• #97
                                                                                                Staes being silent this whole time to compile his video is funny. Never thought of that being the reason

Comment

• #98
                                                                                                  Singer doing the Manscaping ad reads on the BGI recruiting podcast is so funny
                                                                                                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #99
                                                                                                    Great pickup. Go Irish!
                                                                                                    Once we truly come together as a family, nothing can stop us. Its my job to make sure we become that family.

Comment

• FREEBIE from Singer. Click on the tweet so they can keep the lights on!

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X