Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

22 GA TE Holden Staes (Notre Dame Verbal)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 22 GA TE Holden Staes (Notre Dame Verbal)

Tight End
    Westminster School
    Atlanta, Georgia

Measurements
    Height: 6’4
    Weight: 220
    40:

Rankings
    247: 90 Overall | #12 TE - #25 GA
    Rivals: 5.8 Rating | #14 TE - #31 GA
    ESPN: 84 Rating | #1 TE - #11 GA - #96 Overall
    247 Composite: 92 Overall | #6 TE - #22 GA - #204 Overall

Offers
    Alabama
    Arizona State
    Auburn
    Colorado
    Duke
    Florida State
    Georgia
    Georgia Tech
    Kansas State
    Kentucky
    LSU
    Michigan
    Michigan State
    Nebraska
    North Carolina
    Notre Dame (2/10/2021)
    Ohio State
    Ole Miss
    Oregon
    Penn State (Decommitted on 2/5/2021)
    South Carolina
    Texas
    USC
    USF
    Wisconsin

Other

Highlights

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/9860580/5fd10d2f578d52083c5fe36a' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last Ranking/Offer Update: 2/10/2021
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 05-08-2021, 04:03 PM.

Previous Penn State commit offered yesterday. TEs Coach Tyler Bowen report he was leaving PSU for Jacksonville was on 2/1, decommitted by 2/5

Comment

The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
      Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

article on the decommitment and other schools in the mix.

https://uga.rivals.com/news/holden-s...esets-his-list

Comment

Seeing a lot of mentions of TE usage and academics in various articles as important and had some very nice things to say about ND in old 247 article

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
            Seeing a lot of mentions of TE usage and academics in various articles as important and had some very nice things to say about ND in old 247 article
            My gut is saying a TX/UGA final 2, but I'd love it if he was serious about the academics.

Comment

[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/hstaes13/status/1359635714045079557?s=21[/TWITTER]
              Last edited by Dale; 02-25-2021, 05:33 PM.

Comment

6 CB from Loy.

I think the NFL pedigree weighs heavily with him

Comment

So is ND taking 3 TEs? Raridon is a stud. Is Nickel getting forced out?

Comment

If they’re going for the ‘best’ class you take Staes. If they’re going for the best player, they go Raridon. JMO. I think Raridon has incredible upside. He’ll be another NFL TE out of IA

Comment

I’d give Raridon the edge only because of Nickel. Staes is a better blocker than Raridon but Raridon is not going to be your blocking TE anyways Nickel would provide that

Comment

All the GA TEs
                        "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

3 is too many TE's, even for us. Is any of the three a two way prospect?

Comment

Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post
                            3 is too many TE's, even for us. Is any of the three a two way prospect?
                            I doubt they take 3 TE's.

They'll get either Staes or Raridon and be done at TE.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                              If they’re going for the ‘best’ class you take Staes. If they’re going for the best player, they go Raridon. JMO. I think Raridon has incredible upside. He’ll be another NFL TE out of IA
                              Yeah I'd rather have Staes and Raridon. Force Nickel out sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post

Yeah I'd rather have Staes and Raridon. Force Nickel out sorry.
                                ND doesn’t frequent in the force out business. Not sure a top Georgia TE and long time commit is a good place to change that. Why do you prefer Staes over Nickel?

Comment

ND doesn’t frequent in the force out business. Not sure a top Georgia TE and long time commit is a good place to change that. Why do you prefer Staes over Nickel?
                                  Based on film he is more athletic and better in the passing game than Nickel, imo. I think Raridon is the best out of all 3.

Comment

Yea, I don’t think we’re forcing out Nickel.

Comment

Trying to push out Jack Nickel would be unwise

After watching both Staes' and Nickel's junior film, I don't know how anyone could say Staes is better than Nickel at anything. Nickel is more physical at run blocking (which is vital in the Irish offense) and, at worst, they are the same in the passing game. Wanting to push out Nickel for Staes would be shiny new toy syndrome. I like Staes as a prospect, but don't understand the Staes > Nickel logic.

But, I'm just a fan. Loy has crystal balls out for Raridon and Staes. So, maybe they take 3? They use a lot of tight ends and Mayer will probably leave early so maybe 3 tight ends in this class is in consideration.
                                      Last edited by arrowryan; 02-26-2021, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                        Trying to push out Jack Nickel would be unwise

After watching both Staes' and Nickel's junior film, I don't know how anyone could say Staes is better than Nickel at anything. Nickel is more physical at run blocking (which is vital in the Irish offense) and, at worst, they are the same in the passing game. Wanting to push out Nickel for Staes would be shiny new toy syndrome. I like Staes as a prospect, but don't understand the Staes > Nickel logic.

But, I'm just a fan. Loy has crystal balls out for Raridon and Staes. So, maybe they take 3? They use a lot of tight ends and Mayer will probably leave early so maybe 3 tight ends in this class is in consideration.
                                        Zero chance they take three and I'm honestly shocked at them taking two. Might mean an eventual move to OT for Evans from last years class.

Raridon has the best film of the three IMO.

Comment

ND seems to be comfortable taking 2 TE's- a blocking and a WR type of TE. Of Staes, Raridon, and Nickel give me the first 2.

Comment

Maybe Raridon is not a done deal!!

Comment

Sinclair with a CB 6 in favor of ND. I’m very surprised neither he or Raridon have committed yet.

Comment

Sinclair with a CB 6 in favor of ND. I’m very surprised neither he or Raridon have committed yet.
                                                Who is the top of the board between the two?

Comment

I would take Staes (who looks exactly like tommy tremble) over Raridon all day long. still not sure why ND offered Nickel to begin with nothing about is game film stands out, I don't see Nickel being anything more than a blocking back (like brock wright).

Comment

Is he committing today?

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                      Is he committing today?
                                                      I could see it happening, but I'm not expecting it.
                                                      "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Penn St analyst Fitz just CB'd Staes to ND. Looks like we've got him. They also lost him due to changes on the coaching staff (same as Burham with Michigan, reportedly). We've lost some assistants too this cycle so we must have done a good job of transitioning.

Comment

Official is set for the weekend of June 11th.

Comment

Ready to re-evalute that opinion?

Comment

Ready to re-evalute that opinion?
                                                              No?

“ND doesn’t frequent in the force out business.”

Still true.

“Not sure a top Georgia TE and long time commit is a good place to change that.”

Still my opinion.

I am allowed to disagree with what the staff may do just as me and you may disagree. I never said they wouldn’t, nor is it proven they have, forced Nickel out. I just wouldn’t have. So to your answer question again, no Nickel’s decommitment does not change my opinion I stated.

Comment

Sucks for Nickel but I do love a class of Raridon and Staes.

Comment

Pushed his visit to the next weekend per Loy, June 18th - 20th

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...ish-164201967/

Does he start the weekend as a commit already or join the party during to pass good vibes around?

Comment

Does he start the weekend as a commit already or join the party during to pass good vibes around?
                                                                    With Nickel out of the class there wouldn't seem to be a rush for the 2nd spot. Now both spots are open and only 2 guys vying for them. So, I'll side with him waiting but I also think he's a heavy ND lean so it wouldn't surprise me if he popped any day now.

Comment

I believe he'll be one of the guys that commits that weekend. I think it's going to be a huge weekend for ND (June will be a huge month in general), but we have a lot of our top targets on campus for that weekend.

Comment

Im thinking one of the 2 at least has alrady committed and ND told Nikel.
                                                                        "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                                                          Yea, I think Staes is one of the public commits upon visiting. I said before that I think the number is higher than some realize and Staes is one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                                                            I would hope they are supremely confident in #2 as well
                                                                            Prehistoric

Comment

• #39
                                                                              I can’t even think to name who could be second for Staes. Raridon at least has Iowa lurking

Comment

• #40
                                                                                We can kind of size him up a bit in this picture. 6’6 TE Cole Spence and 6’5 TE Arik Gilbert. Holds up pretty well. Not the end all be all but nice to know he won’t show up on campus 6’3.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  An FSU insider just put in a CB for Staes to ND. The confidence continues to build.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                                                                                    An FSU insider just put in a CB for Staes to ND. The confidence continues to build.
                                                                                    I think this was probably locked up awhile ago. ND doesn’t let Jack Nickel walk if Staes wasn’t already in the bag.

The big question is whether we can lure Raridon out of Iowa. I know some people aren’t that high on him, but I think a Staes-Raridon combo could be what we thought Wright-Kmet was going to be several years ago.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                                                                                      I’ve been mentally including Hinish, Staes and Schrauth in this class

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        We can kind of size him up a bit in this picture. 6’6 TE Cole Spence and 6’5 TE Arik Gilbert. Holds up pretty well. Not the end all be all but nice to know he won’t show up on campus 6’3.

Cole Spence was Lea's first commit in the Vandy 2022 class
                                                                                        What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          He's all of 6'5" maybe taller, Gilbert (Lower Merion shorts) is listed at 6'5" as well

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Is Gilbert still a free agent?

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Is Gilbert still a free agent?
                                                                                              Latest is he is likely headed back to LSU but he has academic hurdles to overcome apparently
                                                                                              What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #48

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  So this is one of the silents that should be going public soon. Surprised he waited this long.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    A staff bat signal has been sent out...

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X