Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'22 OH QB Drew Allar (Penn State Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dale View Post

I may have been viewing the word optics differently than you. I was thinking optics as like national view, 100 foot view. I think everything you posted above is true, that’s the nitty gritty though to me not just optics which I was viewing as a much more general thing
    No, that's precisely what I meant. The national view of this is not very good.

Rivals.com - Grading the recent Power Five QB commitments

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

No, that's precisely what I meant. The national view of this is not very good.

Rivals.com - Grading the recent Power Five QB commitments
      To be quite frank, I don't think this really matters. I don't think any recruit is saying to themselves "Damn I really like Notre Dame for XYZ but... They didn't get Allar so I don't know about them." I mean IF the staff really wanted Allar they would have pushed for him harder sooner than they did. There's no tangible evidence that Allar ever would have come to ND if we had went after him harder sooner
      “The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.”
      ― Hyman G. Rickover

Comment

• Originally posted by NDVirginia19 View Post

To be quite frank, I don't think this really matters. I don't think any recruit is saying to themselves "Damn I really like Notre Dame for XYZ but... They didn't get Allar so I don't know about them." I mean IF the staff really wanted Allar they would have pushed for him harder sooner than they did. There's no tangible evidence that Allar ever would have come to ND if we had went after him harder sooner
        Well, if it was only Allar then maybe that would be the case but it's not. We're just in Allar's thread talking about because it's a useless thread at this point, lol.

No, otherwise the Ty Simpson recruitment wouldn't have happened either. There is a zero percent chance they had Ty Simpson below Angelli but spent two weeks putting the full court press on him while Angelli just sat there. That is unless they like to completely waste their own time in the middle of crootin season.

You mean like making an unofficial visit to campus in 2019. Did he take one of those to PSU back then? And it's not really just about Allar's recruitment. National Perspective.

Comment

• It's beating a dead horse at this point so I'll sign off on it for now.

Comment

And I think this might make it sting a little more than usual. PSU over ND? Tommy’s handling of the situation doesn’t help but who in there right minds want to be QB1 at Pedo State over ND.
            From an offensive standpoint alone, I'm looking at ND the way people look at Wisconsin or Utah until shown otherwise.
            The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

It's beating a dead horse at this point so I'll sign off on it for now.
              Agreed.... I'll sign off by leaving it with I liked Allars tape better then Angelis. Just one person's opinion... Obviously it's worth little to nothing but just my thoughts
              Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• To me the wildest part of 2022 qb recruiting is we had no reason not to have a wider/more identified mutual intetest board with how long Buchner was committed.
                Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by Polish Leppy 22 View Post

From an offensive standpoint alone, I'm looking at ND the way people look at Wisconsin or Utah until shown otherwise.
                  Agreed. ND plays a certain way. Physical running game, big tall WR, TE. If you look at the 2019 pre Covid version of Penn State and can't understand why QB recruit would want to play in that offense, maybe look again?

I also think not enough is being made of some of the hires Franklin has made over the years in terms of his assistants. He's had some guys come and go but seems to do a good job of filling those voids as they open. Especially on offense. I don't think much of him as a coach or person, but he can recruit and hire assistants to delegate the football strategy to. That much I'll give him.

It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post

Agreed.... I'll sign off by leaving it with I liked Allars tape better then Angelis. Just one person's opinion... Obviously it's worth little to nothing but just my thoughts
                    Hey, just curious, but where did you find tape of these guys? Like actual games from start to finish are available?
                    It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post

Hey, just curious, but where did you find tape of these guys? Like actual games from start to finish are available?
                      Both have full games on youtube. Search their schools football.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-Boone View Post

Both have full games on youtube. Search their schools football.
                        Interesting.

Watching a full game, every down, is actually watching "tape" versus watching HUDL highlights. HUDL highlights are not tape. No highlights are tape.

Comment

• This will not end well.

Comment

• Watching these two guys in similar settings, they’re not even in the same league. Brutal.

Comment

• If you want to see in-person comparisons, Angelis and his crew will be coming to Akron Archbishop Hoban this year for a game. Believe this is the closest to South Bend he’ll have a game this year. Then stay around and watch Allar play.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X