Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'22 OH QB Drew Allar (Penn State Verbal)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • All Kelly needed to see was the top 100 ranking from 247

    Comment


    • About damn time.

      Comment


      • Fong kokblok'd TL's CB.

        Mine still strong like bull

        Comment


        • Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post

          It will be official from themsoon.

          But you are correct, I could've been more clear.
          You need to come up with your own term like the "Cruz Orbuculum", "Cruz Projection", Cruz Forecaster" or "Cruz Prognosticator" says..............

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Dale View Post

            As a used to be frequent poster returning as a somewhat outsider, when you say “official CB” and it’s not actually a official CB it’s kinda confusing
            Did we like you last time?

            Comment


            • What's his interest in ND?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
                What's his interest in ND?
                A lot of speculation everywhere really. I think ND, PSU and Michigan all feel like Allar does or SHOULD like them quite a bit. He’s been in a bit of a whirlwind without publicly giving away much. I don’t see many other big dogs above us coming into play here soon so our offer and the next couple weeks might kind of settle the dust and see where he ends up leaning

                Comment


                • Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
                  What's his interest in ND?
                  Loy's story says Penn St "might" be in the lead. Ohio kid and Buckeyes already have their guy so we've got a good chance (IMO, not an official or unofficial CB)

                  There's plenty of BS reasons to explain away the late offer. So and So's Momma got sick, COVID, etc. Won't be a problem if we go after him hard. Might get Wimsatt off the fence, too.

                  Comment


                  • Glad to see we finally pulled the trigger, I'm still in the take two camp.
                    Prehistoric

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                      Glad to see we finally pulled the trigger, I'm still in the take two camp.
                      They had a call with Angeli last night. Total speculation but that call was either a shit or get of the pot call. Or, it a call to ask if he was comfortable being the 2nd QB. Again, total speculation but there has to be something to the order of events.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

                        They had a call with Angeli last night. Total speculation but that call was either a shit or get of the pot call. Or, it a call to ask if he was comfortable being the 2nd QB. Again, total speculation but there has to be something to the order of events.
                        Either way, glad we're here now. I wouldn't be mad if qb2 is someone like Avery Davis.
                        Prehistoric

                        Comment



                        • 2022 QB Drew Allar Grateful for Notre Dame Offer

                          Comment


                          • Our top 3 targets are QB are Allar, Angeli, and Wimsatt? With the numbers game I think ND will be fine taking 1 QB.

                            Comment


                            • Freebie from Rivals

                              [TWITTER]https://twitter.com/Rivals/status/1365531104090988548[/TWITTER]

                              Comment


                              • offered by Tennessee
                                What did Davonte do?

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                  offered by Tennessee
                                  Rofl

                                  Comment


                                  • Wiltfong with an article yesterday that gives the impression he's trending toward Penn St
                                    Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                      Wiltfong with an article yesterday that gives the impression he's trending toward Penn St
                                      Loy hinted at it too. F'n hilarious

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                        Wiltfong with an article yesterday that gives the impression he's trending toward Penn St
                                        trace mcsorely 2.0
                                        EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

                                        Comment


                                        • Just glad we made ty simpson feel wanted

                                          Comment


                                          • The University of Notre Dame, where 3 star QB's become 4 year starters
                                            Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

                                            Comment


                                            • Yea, 247 seems to think we trail PSU by a reasonable margin and are playing catch up due to the timing of the offer. Damn it Tommy!

                                              love him as a young OC but not happy with his handling of the ‘22 QB cycle

                                              Comment


                                              • Yurcich has been in contact with him since he was at Texas. So the “late” would not be offering a few weeks behind PSU, it would be that Yurcich apparently has contacted him way way earlier. Yurcich also has significantly more QB clout than Tommy at this point. Not that we can’t get this flipped but I never understood the assumption we would lay this in easily

                                                Comment


                                                • paging Crusader.. Still liking that CB?

                                                  Comment


                                                  • It's a clear difference between offense and defense recruiting right now.

                                                    The offense needs a Marcus Freeman type at OC.

                                                    Kelly's ego won't let that happen though.

                                                    Comment


                                                    • Originally posted by TP81989 View Post
                                                      It's a clear difference between offense and defense recruiting right now.

                                                      The offense needs a Marcus Freeman type at OC.

                                                      Kelly's ego won't let that happen though.
                                                      Yurcich is an Ohio native who gets to claim Justin Fields in his development. So yes if you have a a Ohio native with recent #2 overall pick in his cache that would help here. I don’t think this is larger indictment on Rees. PSU is just leading on a recruit that their OC is relating to well. I also don’t think we can’t pass them up and secure Allar. It’s just PSU leading at the moment is not surprising.

                                                      One curveball that just has sat weird with me is Wiltfong uses talk like PSU “clearly leads” and decision coming yet no CB from him? Just has been odd. Don’t know what to make of that. He doesn’t want to be wrong it seems so maybe PSUs lead is being overstated. Short answer we don’t know really haha

                                                      Comment


                                                      • Originally posted by TP81989 View Post
                                                        It's a clear difference between offense and defense recruiting right now.

                                                        The offense needs a Marcus Freeman type at OC.

                                                        Kelly's ego won't let that happen though.
                                                        Total jump the shark post here. Offensive recruiting overall has been quite good under Rees. And most positions this cycle seem anywhere from healthy to very good. It's just the handling of the QB position so far. Is that a big deal? Yes. Is that an indictment on the entire offensive recruiting? No, not at all.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • Is Allar the #1 guy this cycle?
                                                          I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

                                                          Comment


                                                          • Originally posted by beryirish View Post
                                                            Is Allar the #1 guy this cycle?
                                                            I think he is now and I think that is part of the frustration. Or at least, I know it is for me. Not much changed within the last 1-2 months so if he's the guy now, why wasn't he back then. His film has been out for months (Nov. 1st he posted it to twitter) and he's posted a ton of workout footage online. Heck, he made his way to the ND paid sites several weeks ago. It just seems like a very bizarre handling of the situation. But isolated to this situation.

                                                            Comment


                                                            • Originally posted by Dale View Post

                                                              Yurcich is an Ohio native who gets to claim Justin Fields in his development. So yes if you have a a Ohio native with recent #2 overall pick in his cache that would help here. I don’t think this is larger indictment on Rees. PSU is just leading on a recruit that their OC is relating to well. I also don’t think we can’t pass them up and secure Allar. It’s just PSU leading at the moment is not surprising.

                                                              One curveball that just has sat weird with me is Wiltfong uses talk like PSU “clearly leads” and decision coming yet no CB from him? Just has been odd. Don’t know what to make of that. He doesn’t want to be wrong it seems so maybe PSUs lead is being overstated. Short answer we don’t know really haha
                                                              Wiltfong just CB'd him to PSU.

                                                              smh

                                                              Comment


                                                              • Wiltfong dropped a 6 CB for PSU.

                                                                Comment


                                                                • Think we got a shot with Wimsatt?

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • Sounds like the supposed BK call tomorrow is going to have to be Tyson Ford-esque

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • We have only ourselves to blame if he chooses State Penn
                                                                      Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • Originally posted by beryirish View Post
                                                                        Is Allar the #1 guy this cycle?
                                                                        Is he the best rated QB?

                                                                        OR

                                                                        Is he the best rated QB, in Kelly and Co eyes?...

                                                                        Two different questions.
                                                                        (Steve and Wimstatt seem higher priorities still)

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post

                                                                          Is he the best rated QB?

                                                                          OR

                                                                          Is he the best rated QB, in Kelly and Co eyes?...

                                                                          Two different questions.
                                                                          (Steve and Wimstatt seem higher priorities still)
                                                                          I don't know shit I get that, but Allar's film, to me, is by far the best out of those 3 imo
                                                                          Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post

                                                                            Is he the best rated QB?

                                                                            OR

                                                                            Is he the best rated QB, in Kelly and Co eyes?...

                                                                            Two different questions.
                                                                            (Steve and Wimstatt seem higher priorities still)
                                                                            Not sure I agree with that. I don't think they would've went after Simpson like they did or tried to put the full court press on Allar if they were still happy with Angeli being the top of the board. They were just very lazy evaluating the position this cycle and are playing catch up one player at a time. Which is also insanely stupid.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • Originally posted by SoIll View Post
                                                                              paging Crusader.. Still liking that CB?
                                                                              Not loving it that's for sure

                                                                              Would've loved it if I were the OC/QB.

                                                                              Tommy has some work to do on his process. The only thing he's done right up to now is Buchner and he unfortunately had his biggest pass be from a feeder school who signed with the biggest recruiting rival.

                                                                              The worst part of this is Yurcich is a Cleveland guy like Allar and went to Mt. Union. Never bet against anyone that went to Mt. Union. They're the Mini-Cradle.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • This one has the feeling of one that's going to hurt down the line.
                                                                                Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post

                                                                                  Not loving it that's for sure

                                                                                  Would've loved it if I were the OC/QB.

                                                                                  Tommy has some work to do on his process. The only thing he's done right up to now is Buchner and he unfortunately had his biggest pass be from a feeder school who signed with the biggest recruiting rival.

                                                                                  The worst part of this is Yurcich is a Cleveland guy like Allar and went to Mt. Union. Never bet against anyone that went to Mt. Union. They're the Mini-Cradle.
                                                                                  Agreed, the '22 QB cycle has been handled very poorly. But, I don't agree with the 2nd part. He's done a lot more good in recruiting than just getting Buchner.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post

                                                                                    Not loving it that's for sure

                                                                                    Would've loved it if I were the OC/QB.

                                                                                    Tommy has some work to do on his process. The only thing he's done right up to now is Buchner and he unfortunately had his biggest pass be from a feeder school who signed with the biggest recruiting rival.

                                                                                    The worst part of this is Yurcich is a Cleveland guy like Allar and went to Mt. Union. Never bet against anyone that went to Mt. Union. They're the Mini-Cradle.
                                                                                    Including future ND head coach Matt Campbell
                                                                                    What did Davonte do?

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • If we do think our '22 QB recruiting is in a bad place, then the pandemic provided us with a bit of an opportunity. I don't know how many other states are playing in the spring, but I know Illinois is and I think California is. That is one state that is basically our backyard and another that is known for producing QB talent. If we don't like our other options, we should be watching all the known QB prospects in these states and watching out for any other that pop up.

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • Justyn Martin might be a name to know if Alar picks PSU

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

                                                                                          Agreed, the '22 QB cycle has been handled very poorly. But, I don't agree with the 2nd part. He's done a lot more good in recruiting than just getting Buchner.
                                                                                          Just talking about QB recruiting.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                                            Justyn Martin might be a name to know if Alar picks PSU
                                                                                            what's the connection there? Seems like mostly west coast offers.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • Loy recently said they were evaluating him. Martin said he expects his recruitment to take off if he gets to play this year so certainly doesn’t sound like the most locked in commit out there

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post

                                                                                                Just talking about QB recruiting.
                                                                                                Well, it’s not giving him many opportunities, lol. He’s been the QB coach over 2 and OC over 1. How much was he in charge of the QB recruiting when he wasn’t OC? Can’t answer that. Pyne spent the summer after his commitment as a top 125 prospect. That didn’t seem like the wrong thing to do at the time. Far from it actually. Are we saying that we should’ve ended up with someone other than Clark? Ok, I’ll go with that. Buchner was THE guy they wanted. And he F’d this cycle up so far.

                                                                                                The irony of it all is they probably took Pyne too early and then followed that up by not moving fast enough this cycle. So, certainly a balance he needs to find.

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • We will end up with Angeli and he will be okay.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • The conspiracy theorist in me says Rees wanted Angeli all along and these late offer and ‘hard’ pushes but coming up short are his way of plausible deniability that the former was the case from the jump. I think Rees needs to put a little more emphasis on talent and less on intangibles when it comes to 16-17 year old kids. They may not all be wired like he was that early on.

                                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                                    • guys i would like to see us get in on (perhaps we kicked the tires on some of these already and im just not privvy)

                                                                                                      Sam Horn (mizzou commit)
                                                                                                      Stay on Wimsatt and Angelli
                                                                                                      Circle back to Brady Allen
                                                                                                      Jayden Denegal
                                                                                                      Braden Davis
                                                                                                      Beau Pribula (current PSU Commit - would he stick if they land Allar)
                                                                                                      Tayven Jackson
                                                                                                      Davin Wydner
                                                                                                      Last edited by NDdomer2; 03-04-2021, 12:30 PM.
                                                                                                      Prehistoric

                                                                                                      Comment

                                                                                                      Adsense

                                                                                                      Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X