Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'22 OH QB Drew Allar (Penn State Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offered by Washington
    What did Davonte do?

Comment

• I wonder if what CBK is asking for from the position is just not something an elite quarterback typically is good at. I mean a 17/18 year old golden arm gunslinger is going to make some mistakes, going to throw some bad balls. That is simply not acceptable to Coach. Our quarterback is usually kept on a pretty short leash, we generally win by being fundamentally sound and not making big mistakes. Unless you have the weapons around the quarterback to overcome a big mistake, it is hard to let the QB make lower percentage throws that could cost you a ball game.
      Golson was a gunslinger could light it up or kill you. I don’t think CBK liked that style much.
      Maybe if we could dump the 20 hour per week rule, or give credits for football. Our quarterback can look as polished as some other schools. It is amazing how some of these guys, Burrow, Jones, Mariota in his day, Johnny Sunshine, seem to see everything they don’t miss a thing it’s almost pro like.
      I have often wondered if that kind of production at the position requires more than the 20 hour week would allow. Not going to convince me that those guys are any smarter than our QB’s, but how often do they just not see a wide open guy, misread a coverage, not handle a blitz.

TLDR: Maybe CBK values intangibles that a gunslinger usually doesn’t possess. Maybe excellent play at that position in 2021 requires more than the 20 hour rule legally allows for. What do I know?
      Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbar View Post
        I wonder if what CBK is asking for from the position is just not something an elite quarterback typically is good at. I mean a 17/18 year old golden arm gunslinger is going to make some mistakes, going to throw some bad balls. That is simply not acceptable to Coach. Our quarterback is usually kept on a pretty short leash, we generally win by being fundamentally sound and not making big mistakes. Unless you have the weapons around the quarterback to overcome a big mistake, it is hard to let the QB make lower percentage throws that could cost you a ball game.
        Golson was a gunslinger could light it up or kill you. I don’t think CBK liked that style much.
        Maybe if we could dump the 20 hour per week rule, or give credits for football. Our quarterback can look as polished as some other schools. It is amazing how some of these guys, Burrow, Jones, Mariota in his day, Johnny Sunshine, seem to see everything they don’t miss a thing it’s almost pro like.
        I have often wondered if that kind of production at the position requires more than the 20 hour week would allow. Not going to convince me that those guys are any smarter than our QB’s, but how often do they just not see a wide open guy, misread a coverage, not handle a blitz.

TLDR: Maybe CBK values intangibles that a gunslinger usually doesn’t possess. Maybe excellent play at that position in 2021 requires more than the 20 hour rule legally allows for. What do I know?
        We had the 20 hour rule when Quinn and Clausen were here. It's recruiting and coaching, not some false belief that we're the only ones who don't "cheat". Hell, we're on probation right now.
        "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• Board optimism saying he's the guy for '22 (or maybe it's a bunch of people like his film and Crus's CB says he's the guy lol).

Question (for those in the know, or those who understand the process) is: what's the hold up on his offer?
          My CFB Book: https://www.amazon.com/Southbound-Tr.../dp/0692932593

Comment

• Originally posted by hungryhippo View Post
            Board optimism saying he's the guy for '22 (or maybe it's a bunch of people like his film and Crus's CB says he's the guy lol).

Question (for those in the know, or those who understand the process) is: what's the hold up on his offer?
            It's pretty simple. Kelly and staff monitor this site constantly. When they see a recruits profile and everyone on IE is clamoring for them, BK tells the staff to hold off until the anxiety level on here reaches a crescendo. Then they wait a little longer just to f@ck with us.

Comment

• Originally posted by hungryhippo View Post
              Board optimism saying he's the guy for '22 (or maybe it's a bunch of people like his film and Crus's CB says he's the guy lol).

I do not know this to be fact but we do know that the staff likes to do this. When there is a prospect already offered and they are scheduled to make a decision soon. The staff will wait on offering other prospects as a sign of all-in to the prospect deciding. In this case, I would think it's Ty Simpson. Once his decision comes and goes and he predictably chooses Clemson or Bama. Then we'll get a new offer or two out to QB's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                The staff will wait on offering other prospects as a sign of all-in to the prospect deciding. In this case, I would think it's Ty Simpson.
                I understand the logic in a Shipley case or where we're at least a hat on the table. But why do it with someone like Simpson? We were up to a year late to the dance, and have no real traction since the offer, right?
                My CFB Book: https://www.amazon.com/Southbound-Tr.../dp/0692932593

Comment

• who the heck is Ty Simpson?

Comment

• Originally posted by tko View Post
                    who the heck is Ty Simpson?
                    I'm not going to post his profile in Allar's thread but he's the most recent QB offer that is deciding in February. ND has no real shot but they'll certainly spend the next two weeks trying, lol.

Comment

I'm not going to post his profile in Allar's thread but he's the most recent QB offer that is deciding in February. ND has no real shot but they'll certainly spend the next two weeks trying, lol.
                      Hahaha, perfect.

Comment

• Laughing at myself on this one. My negative energy might have willed this into existence. We’ll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                          Offered by Washington
                          Offer list really rounding out

Washington
                          Texas A&M
                          Michigan
                          Penn State

As well as

Kentucky
                          Iowa State
                          Iowa
                          Michigan State
                          Wake Forest
                          Pitt

Comment

Laughing at myself on this one. My negative energy might have willed this into existence. We’ll see.
                            It's not negative energy. It is what it is.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

• Could be the staff are spending a lot time recruiting this kid. He may be getting daily updates. CBK and Allar maybe BFF's the offer maybe just a formality

Comment

• BK doesn’t like Qbs he has to look up too.
                                "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post
                                  The results not showing us to be a top 10 spot I don’t think was the OP who said in recruiting it’s a top 10 spots point. Those better at recruiting history could disagree or confirm but haven’t the last 3 QBs that ND recruited to be “the guy” been elite recruits and who they wanted? Wimbush, Jurkovec and Buchner. The results is a separate discussion but landing those 3 at their rankings I would say is evidence of when they want it, they can land a Top 10 guy.
                                  My point at the beginning was essentially that ND can land a top 10 QB if they choose correctly. For whatever reason (development, scheme, evaluation) ND’s not ended up with top 10 QB’s in the country in recruiting and on the field. My point with Dylan Morris and Graham Mertz was sort of that they had the opportunity to grab a top 10 dude in many cycles but they either screwed up and didn’t offer on time or ever, or they misread the class. I’m very disappointed in the development and the evals and to be honest settling for QB’s that fit “BK’s system” from what I’ve heard. To me, I’d wish they’d go after the best pro prospects cause that’s what will win in college football over Bama and Clemson. They need a generational QB talent. Looking at the top starting QB’s in the NFL basically that means 6’2”-6’5” 210-240lbs with a strong arm. Lots of other tools needed but I’m kind of over the whole 5’10”-6’0” dudes that ND goes after (I understand that Pyne was projected taller and never grew) along with mediocre arms but great accuracy. Gimme 4-5 6’4”+ strong armed dudes and one of them will be able to read the field, see the field and then maybe you’ve got a dude.

Comment

• IMO the failure at QB is that we have brought in great athletes at QB who aren’t accurate throwing the ball. That can’t always be coached.

Comment

• Good article from ISD on Allar.

https://irishsportsdaily.com/s/14225...m-notre-dame/1

Comment

• Ty Simpson announces his commitment at 3pm today. Maybe Allar will have a Notre Dame offer at 3:01.

Comment

• Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                          Ty Simpson announces his commitment at 3pm today. Maybe Allar will have a Notre Dame offer at 3:01.

Did we even make his list of finalists ?
                                          " Brendon Clark for QB 2021"

Comment

• Originally posted by StPaul_Irish View Post
                                            Did we even make his list of finalists ?
                                            He has not said a “finalist” per se but gave Wiltfong Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Tennessee, Notre Dame, Ole Miss and Texas A&M in this article about the commitment

https://247sports.com/Article/Ty-Sim...-HQ-160687484/

Comment

He has not said a “finalist” per se but gave Wiltfong Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Tennessee, Notre Dame, Ole Miss and Texas A&M in this article about the commitment

https://247sports.com/Article/Ty-Sim...-HQ-160687484/
                                              It's Clemson, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pops Freshenmeyer View Post
                                                It's Clemson, right?
                                                yes
                                                What did Davonte do?

Comment

• This is one prospect they better offer and do so very quickly. He is blowing up.
                                                  Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• offered by SCar and Indiana
                                                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
                                                      This is one prospect they better offer and do so very quickly. He is blowing up.
                                                      If they do that though with the kid from Kentucky higher on their list then you end up with him taking his spot. I guess my thinking is until he's offered they must feel good about where they stand with him and the kid from New Jersey
                                                      Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• Up to #89 OVERALL on 247. Someone please give this kid an offer.

Comment

• Both Klubnick and Allar are top 100 guys now. Rees is taking on unnecessary risk with the Angeli recruitment, IMO.

Comment

• Maybe the grades aren't there?
                                                            “The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.”
                                                            ― Hyman G. Rickover

Comment

• Originally posted by NDVirginia19 View Post
                                                              Maybe the grades aren't there?
                                                              Matt Freeman had mentioned on the ISD Power Hour podcast, that they are still evlauating film and that ND had some concerns with his game film. Now I am not sure if he meant "this could be the reason" but maybe someone else who heard it as well can clarify. More or less said, hightlights are great and all, but doesn't show the who picture, and there were some concerns. Most of the chatter seams to be around Wimsatt, and not Steve A.
                                                              " Brendon Clark for QB 2021"

Comment

• Originally posted by StPaul_Irish View Post

Matt Freeman had mentioned on the ISD Power Hour podcast, that they are still evlauating film and that ND had some concerns with his game film. Now I am not sure if he meant "this could be the reason" but maybe someone else who heard it as well can clarify. More or less said, hightlights are great and all, but doesn't show the who picture, and there were some concerns. Most of the chatter seams to be around Wimsatt, and not Steve A.
                                                                That's odd. I think on film Allar shows much more than Wimsatt, but I also don't get paid to evaluate film
                                                                ― Hyman G. Rickover

Comment

That's odd. I think on film Allar shows much more than Wimsatt, but I also don't get paid to evaluate film
                                                                  I think somewhat the wrinkle is highlights (what we see) versus game film (what staff can see)

Comment

• So they’re saying this kid has a worse film and traits than Pyne and Clark??? Not buying it Tommy. Offer this guy and lock him up!

Comment

• Originally posted by AKRowdy View Post
                                                                      So they’re saying this kid has a worse film and traits than Pyne and Clark??? Not buying it Tommy. Offer this guy and lock him up!
                                                                      No I don’t think that’s what they said. Different recruiting cycles have different priorities/strategies

Comment

• Is there any reason to actually believe that if we offer we're in there? A lot of big time players have already pulled the trigger and we're slow out of the gate.
                                                                        ― Hyman G. Rickover

Comment

Is there any reason to actually believe that if we offer we're in there? A lot of big time players have already pulled the trigger and we're slow out of the gate.
                                                                          Rees wants Angeli i would presume is why
                                                                          What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post

Rees wants Angeli i would presume is why
                                                                            post above says in house focus is on Wimsatt
                                                                            Prehistoric

Comment

• Official CB for Allar.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                                                Official CB for Allar.
                                                                                Via whom or what??

Comment

• Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post

Via whom or what??
                                                                                  He’s posting his own based off a 247 update

Comment

• https://247sports.com/college/notre-...467617/?page=1

Tommy BD Loy says its coming

Comment

• Originally posted by SoIll View Post
                                                                                      The CB, or an offer??

Comment

• Tommy BD Loy says its coming
                                                                                        Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post

The CB, or an offer??
                                                                                        The Natty

Comment

He’s posting his own based off a 247 update
                                                                                          Mine was actually last month. I expect the slower, less accurate but technically more official CB's to drop asap.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post

Mine was actually last month. I expect the slower, less accurate but technically more official CB's to drop asap.
                                                                                            As a used to be frequent poster returning as a somewhat outsider, when you say “official CB” and it’s not actually a official CB it’s kinda confusing

Comment

• Offered by ND

[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/AllarDrew/status/1365012715702542342?s=20[/TWITTER]
                                                                                              What did Davonte do?

Comment

• There we go.....so now all we have to worry about is if we were too late to the party

Comment

• Jesus Tits about time

Comment

• Alright, time to make it happen. This is the guy, let's go get him.

Comment

As a used to be frequent poster returning as a somewhat outsider, when you say “official CB” and it’s not actually a official CB it’s kinda confusing
                                                                                                      It will be official from themsoon.

But you are correct, I could've been more clear.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X