Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'22 OH QB Drew Allar (Penn State Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, let’s not play that game where we sit on our hands and wait for him to truly blow up and then get involved. Trust the eval and go and get this young man.

Comment

Can Freeman and Mickens recruit offense too?

Comment

Rees only likes to offer quarterbacks when it's way too late in the process like Ty Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by tko View Post
          Can Freeman and Mickens recruit offense too?
          Haha. For sure. At least put them in charge of recruiderments.

Comment

The lack of QB offers really is beyond me.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

A&M offered. Now we’re officially late.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                Rees only likes to offer quarterbacks when it's way too late in the process like Ty Simpson
                Just like the South Bend Police, the rest of CFB is a bit faster than Rees.

Comment

I'd just always take the best passer (duel threat should be a thing of the past) and always be willing to take 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Ndaccountant View Post
                    Just like the South Bend Police, the rest of CFB is a bit faster than Rees.
                    I may have to use this elsewhere. Well played!

Comment

Always nice to see when the offers match your personal film eval. Kid looks like a solid 4 star QB on tape.

Comment

I’m telling you Bk doesn’t like this kids height.
                        "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                          Iím telling you Bk doesnít like this kids height.
                          Towering above your center is a bad look.

Comment

Freebie from a local OH paper:

Click here for the entire story:

https://medina-gazette.com/news/2501...s-stock-rises/

High school football: Medina QB Drew Allar's stock rises

By Brad Bournival
                            The Gazette
                            Feb 01, 2021 2:28 PM

He has interest from Notre Dame, Illinois, Syracuse, Oregon, Michigan State and Washington.

Those numbers fall right in line for someone who is about to explode in the recruiting world. If the usual pattern falls in place ó it has so far ó the mid-majors throw interest and then offers.

After that, someone like Iowa or Kentucky offers and then the biggest schools come calling.

That happened to Allar on Saturday (Penn State) and Monday (Michigan, Texas A&M) with more offers for the three-star quarterback, who should turn into a four star very soon as more offers arrive.

Allar is leaning toward committing by the first high school game of his senior season and wants to put ink to paper in December during the early signing day so he can be on a college campus in January.

Comment

offered by TAMU
                              What did Davonte do?

Comment

I would assume they are doing that very stupid practice where they wait for another prospect, that they have no shot at to decide, to then further expand the board. In this case it's Ty Simpson. So Tommy and staff are going to spend a tremendous amount of time with Ty before sending out the next offers.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                  I would assume they are doing that very stupid practice where they wait for another prospect, that they have no shot at to decide, to then further expand the board. In this case it's Ty Simpson. So Tommy and staff are going to spend a tremendous amount of time with Ty before sending out the next offers.
                                  quite frustrating alright..in regards to Allar, the likes of Pitt have been recruiting him for over a year already and offered him April 2020..
                                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

I don't see what the problem is. Worked out like gangbusters with Shipley. Right? Right??!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
                                      I don't see what the problem is. Worked out like gangbusters with Shipley. Right? Right??!
                                      Hey, it'll all workout! Powlus is gonna take us to the promise land. He couldn't figure it out against weak ass NIC competition, but he'll figure it out against Bama!

Comment

How do you remain so positive all the time? It's infectious!
                                        " Brendon Clark for QB 2021"

Comment

To be fair, the talk on Wimsatt is pretty positive to the point of if you can convince him to leave KY you might consider ND the leader there even. So comparing it to Simpson, he’s not the only other QB offer they could be “waiting on” and certainly is not one that we have no shot

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
                                            To be fair, the talk on Wimsatt is pretty positive to the point of if you can convince him to leave KY you might consider ND the leader there even. So comparing it to Simpson, heís not the only other QB offer they could be ďwaiting onĒ and certainly is not one that we have no shot
                                            Fair but I donít really see that being much better. At least not good enough to stop us from getting things started in the Allar sweepstakes.

Comment

To be fair, the talk on Wimsatt is pretty positive to the point of if you can convince him to leave KY you might consider ND the leader there even. So comparing it to Simpson, heís not the only other QB offer they could be ďwaiting onĒ and certainly is not one that we have no shot

I just don't know about Wimastt, is he

Lamar Jackson/Baker Mayfield?

or

Brandon W/Puma Pass?

Super athletic, fast as hell, great arm, but seemed to always be throwing on the run/deep to wide open guys. I saw a lot of that in BW film from what I recall. The kid has legit raw talent/arm and legs, but IDK... Call me a skeptic

Comment

Originally posted by StPaul_Irish View Post
                                                How do you remain so positive all the time? It's infectious!
                                                I literally made the same point as Lucky...but with sarcasm lol

Comment

I literally made the same point as Lucky...but with sarcasm lol
                                                  LOL, copy that

Comment

Wimsatt or not I'm still in the take two camp.
                                                    Prehistoric

Comment

Anyone know if this kid just doesn't have the grades close enough to be accepted yet? Doesn't ND have to vet that pretty well prior to offering?
                                                      I used to be D-BOE34 but I can't login for some reason. Will someone donate some vBucks?

Comment

Fair but I donít really see that being much better. At least not good enough to stop us from getting things started in the Allar sweepstakes.
                                                        Ohio State offered 7 QBís last cycle. Bama offered 11. Clemson offered 5. Florida offered 10. LSU offered 17. Georgia offered 10. Notre Dame offered 3.

ND had a great cycle and got Buchner early. But Iíve heard this story before where theyíve taken time to offer kids and let an individual be the QB of choice before moving on. I really hate that because there are several really really good QBís in most classes. I donít like that they donít even get in the race for many of them because they might not like the weather (Clemsonís QB DJ said that to BK and they didnít offer) or for other reasons. Iíd prefer it if ND offered Quinn Ewers (never gonna happen but still shoot your shot), Gunner Stockton (was wavering on his commitment couldíve been worth a phone call), Ty Simpson (a year ago), Gavin Wimsatt, Sam Horn (BK probably didnít like that heís like a Brett Favre and throws INTís but heís got incredible arm talent), Braden Davis (my want for the class as I love his makeup but might not ever happen sadly), Cade Klubnik (one of the best QBís at one of the best state divisions in the country and super talented), Steve Angeli (I actually donít love him as a prospect but many schools do love him so Iím glad ND offered him), and Drew Allar (surely has to end up as a 4* with what he displayed in his junior year and on film). Itís just frustrating to watch ND recruit the position weirdly that seemingly recruits itself at ND. Itís one of the most preferred destinations for a QB in the country just based off of the program, the tradition, the TV games and the fact that if ur a big time QB you can be the key to unlocking NDís National Title run.

Comment

Originally posted by NDMIA View Post
                                                          Ohio State offered 7 QBís last cycle. Bama offered 11. Clemson offered 5. Florida offered 10. LSU offered 17. Georgia offered 10. Notre Dame offered 3.

ND had a great cycle and got Buchner early. But Iíve heard this story before where theyíve taken time to offer kids and let an individual be the QB of choice before moving on. I really hate that because there are several really really good QBís in most classes. I donít like that they donít even get in the race for many of them because they might not like the weather (Clemsonís QB DJ said that to BK and they didnít offer) or for other reasons. Iíd prefer it if ND offered Quinn Ewers (never gonna happen but still shoot your shot), Gunner Stockton (was wavering on his commitment couldíve been worth a phone call), Ty Simpson (a year ago), Gavin Wimsatt, Sam Horn (BK probably didnít like that heís like a Brett Favre and throws INTís but heís got incredible arm talent), Braden Davis (my want for the class as I love his makeup but might not ever happen sadly), Cade Klubnik (one of the best QBís at one of the best state divisions in the country and super talented), Steve Angeli (I actually donít love him as a prospect but many schools do love him so Iím glad ND offered him), and Drew Allar (surely has to end up as a 4* with what he displayed in his junior year and on film). Itís just frustrating to watch ND recruit the position weirdly that seemingly recruits itself at ND. Itís one of the most preferred destinations for a QB in the country just based off of the program, the tradition, the TV games and the fact that if ur a big time QB you can be the key to unlocking NDís National Title run.

Just look at what has happened with the NEW DC hire. Look at the offers going out that never would have.
                                                          Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Until we offer every kid when they're a freshman, this board will never be happy. lol

I would love to know the strategy behind offers and their timelines.
                                                            Last edited by Irish#1; 02-03-2021, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                              Until we offer every kid when they're a freshman, this board will never be happy. lol

I would love to know the strategy behind offers and their timelines.
                                                              Disagree. There are clear deficiencies in ND's recruiting philosophies. Sometimes we get lucky, sometimes we don't. There's nothing wrong with people pointing that out.

Comment

i dont agree with the bolded at all.
                                                                Prehistoric

Comment

Disagree. There are clear deficiencies in ND's recruiting philosophies. Sometimes we get lucky, sometimes we don't. There's nothing wrong with people pointing that out.
                                                                  Yeah, Freeman has shaken up the defensive recruiting. We need a coach that does the same on offense.

Comment

Why in Our Lady's name have we not offered this dude?

Comment

Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                                      i dont agree with the bolded at all.
                                                                      So you don't think with tradition, facilities, exposure, national schedule, level of the program, and other factors that this isn't a top 10 QB job in the country?

Clemson
                                                                      Bama
                                                                      Georgia
                                                                      Oklahoma
                                                                      LSU

I'll even give you Texas A&M, Oregon, and Florida because of the resources and talent at those schools right now. You can't tell me it's not a top 10 position to be offering to kids. Unless we're seeing the selling point being extremely different for these kids. I understand that BK's been known to not fully develop QB's but it just seems that a ton of kids want to come to ND to be a QB in South Bend. I'm pretty sure the 4th best QB in the 2021 class wanted to be at ND a while back (JJ McCarthy). I'm pretty sure the 5th (Graham Mertz) and 7th best (Dylan Morris) QB's in the 2020 class wanted ND but they chose McNamara before ending up with Clark. 2018 they got a top 10 QB in Phil Jurkovec. Also in 2017 I think they could've had the #2 QB in Hunter Johnson but they went with Avery Davis. Again, there are some negatives with the QB position at ND but if they want to I'm pretty sure they could grab a top 10 QB in most classes if they chose him from their evals. Instead they go with Avery Davis, Cade McNamara, and Drew Pyne. Again correct me if I'm wrong in assuming the interest in Mertz, McCarthy and the others.

Comment

So you don't think with tradition, facilities, exposure, national schedule, level of the program, and other factors that this isn't a top 10 QB job in the country?

Clemson
                                                                        Bama
                                                                        Georgia
                                                                        Oklahoma
                                                                        LSU

I'll even give you Texas A&M, Oregon, and Florida because of the resources and talent at those schools right now. You can't tell me it's not a top 10 position to be offering to kids. Unless we're seeing the selling point being extremely different for these kids. I understand that BK's been known to not fully develop QB's but it just seems that a ton of kids want to come to ND to be a QB in South Bend. I'm pretty sure the 4th best QB in the 2021 class wanted to be at ND a while back (JJ McCarthy). I'm pretty sure the 5th (Graham Mertz) and 7th best (Dylan Morris) QB's in the 2020 class wanted ND but they chose McNamara before ending up with Clark. 2018 they got a top 10 QB in Phil Jurkovec. Also in 2017 I think they could've had the #2 QB in Hunter Johnson but they went with Avery Davis. Again, there are some negatives with the QB position at ND but if they want to I'm pretty sure they could grab a top 10 QB in most classes if they chose him from their evals. Instead they go with Avery Davis, Cade McNamara, and Drew Pyne. Again correct me if I'm wrong in assuming the interest in Mertz, McCarthy and the others.
                                                                        A top 10 spot for a qb based on ur metrics and this statement "seemingly recruits itself at ND. Itís one of the most preferred destinations for a QB in the country" are not the same thing
                                                                        Prehistoric

Comment

ND is not a top 10 landing spot. The best QB we have had during BK is Kizer, who isn't an NFL starter. ND has recruited high ranking QB's and it hasn't panned out. We have not proven a QB will succeed here. How we landed PJ and TB is beyond me. See where PJ is now. It is only a matter of time before we start to see the real struggles recruiting QB's, not just fielding them.
                                                                          I used to be D-BOE34 but I can't login for some reason. Will someone donate some vBucks?

Comment

Comment

• #88
                                                                              Originally posted by DONALDIII View Post
                                                                              ND is not a top 10 landing spot. The best QB we have had during BK is Kizer, who isn't an NFL starter. ND has recruited high ranking QB's and it hasn't panned out. We have not proven a QB will succeed here. How we landed PJ and TB is beyond me. See where PJ is now. It is only a matter of time before we start to see the real struggles recruiting QB's, not just fielding them.
                                                                              That's just it, ND's brand is so strong that Kelly keeps getting QB chances he doesn't deserve.

While I'm disappointed in the QB play at ND under Kelly, I'm convinced ANY other HC would have ND in the Top 5 immediately and on equal footing with Clemson, Bama, OSU and OU.

Buchner's his last chance while he's a head coach. Allar's days in the spotlight will be on the guys who take over for BK & Tommy.

Comment

• #89
                                                                                Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                                                That's just it, ND's brand is so strong that Kelly keeps getting QB chances he doesn't deserve.

While I'm disappointed in the QB play at ND under Kelly, I'm convinced ANY other HC would have ND in the Top 5 immediately and on equal footing with Clemson, Bama, OSU and OU.

Buchner's his last chance while he's a head coach. Allar's days in the spotlight will be on the guys who take over for BK & Tommy.
                                                                                Well said

Comment

• #90
                                                                                  Originally posted by DONALDIII View Post
                                                                                  The results not showing us to be a top 10 spot I donít think was the OP who said in recruiting itís a top 10 spots point. Those better at recruiting history could disagree or confirm but havenít the last 3 QBs that ND recruited to be ďthe guyĒ been elite recruits and who they wanted? Wimbush, Jurkovec and Buchner. The results is a separate discussion but landing those 3 at their rankings I would say is evidence of when they want it, they can land a Top 10 guy.

Comment

• #91
                                                                                    Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post

I tend to agree with this. And I'm a BK supporter FWIW...

Comment

• #92
                                                                                      The results not showing us to be a top 10 spot I don’t think was the OP who said in recruiting it’s a top 10 spots point. Those better at recruiting history could disagree or confirm but haven’t the last 3 QBs that ND recruited to be “the guy” been elite recruits and who they wanted? Wimbush, Jurkovec and Buchner. The results is a separate discussion but landing those 3 at their rankings I would say is evidence of when they want it, they can land a Top 10 guy.
                                                                                      Yea, they’ve haven’t had an issue with getting the guy. They also got Gunner Kiel. It’s those guys producing that has been the issue. Which is a different discussion altogether.

Comment

• #93
                                                                                        Yea, theyíve havenít had an issue with getting the guy. They also got Gunner Kiel. Itís those guys producing that has been the issue. Which is a different discussion altogether.
                                                                                        The piece of that discussion as relates to recruiting is we have assumed bad results > recruit believes if he goes to ND he will be the same.

With most elite recruits, they are not going to think that way. Everyone one of them believes they will be different. That ďIĒ am going to be the one that succeeds + I get the pageantry, fan fare etc. Now some could be swayed they can get that plus maybe a better chance to succeed elsewhere. But none of them are going to be like ďIíll end up like WimbushĒ. Every kid believes he is ďbuilt differentĒ

Comment

• #94
                                                                                          The results not showing us to be a top 10 spot I donít think was the OP who said in recruiting itís a top 10 spots point. Those better at recruiting history could disagree or confirm but havenít the last 3 QBs that ND recruited to be ďthe guyĒ been elite recruits and who they wanted? Wimbush, Jurkovec and Buchner. The results is a separate discussion but landing those 3 at their rankings I would say is evidence of when they want it, they can land a Top 10 guy.
                                                                                          I think this says a lot about BK and company not being great evaluators of QB talent. Not saying every QB he recruits needs to get drafted, but only one in his whole tenure is disappointing.
                                                                                          60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

• #95
                                                                                            Originally posted by Irishnuke View Post
                                                                                            I think this says a lot about BK and company not being great evaluators of QB talent. Not saying every QB he recruits needs to get drafted, but only one in his whole tenure is disappointing.
                                                                                            Think it says significantly more about development. Those elite guys had the offers.

Comment

• #96
                                                                                              Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                                                                                              Think it says significantly more about development. Those elite guys had the offers.
                                                                                              But none of them were successful...or even played... when they transferred so development was definitely not the only issue.

Comment

• #97
                                                                                                I don’t think we can really say anything definitively about BK’s QB development or recruiting. Other than it’s been a total crap shoot. You can’t say it’s poor evals and poor development because multiple guys out played their rankings. And, he also got a lot more out of some of those guys than anyone else did.

Comment

• #98
                                                                                                  I donít think we can really say anything definitively about BKís QB development or recruiting. Other than itís been a total crap shoot. You canít say itís poor evals and poor development because multiple guys out played their rankings. And, he also got a lot more out of some of those guys than anyone else did.
                                                                                                  Almost every QB in the Kelly Era has developed like Benjamin Button

Comment

• #99
                                                                                                    Originally posted by dad4aa View Post
                                                                                                    But none of them were successful...or even played... when they transferred so development was definitely not the only issue.
                                                                                                    Just saying EVERYONE must have missed on those guys

Comment

• I would say it's more of a evaluation issue combined with a process issue.

Book was great. And easily BKs best "success" story. But he should be the minimum level we bring in.

I want to see more two QB classes unless it's because we got a top 5 level stud
                                                                                                      Prehistoric

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X