Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'22 OH QB Drew Allar (Penn State Verbal)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • '22 OH QB Drew Allar (Penn State Verbal)

    QB
    Medina, OH
    Medina HS


    Measurements:
    Height: 6-5
    Weight: 220

    Rankings:
    247 Comp: ..... 3* ...... #24 Pro ..... #513 OA ..... .8628 rating
    247: ................ 3* ...... #18 Pro ........................... 87
    Rivals: ............ 3* ...... #25 Pro ............................ 5.6
    ESPN: ............ NR

    Rankings - Offer Day - 2-25-21:
    247 Comp: ..... 4* ...... #10 Pro ..... #255 OA ..... .9101 rating
    247: ................ 4* ...... #6 Pro ....... #89 OA ........ 94
    Rivals: ............ 3* ...... #16 Pro ............................ 5.6
    ESPN: ............ 4*

    Offers:
    Notre Dame ..... Offered 2-25-21
    Iowa
    Iowa St
    Kentucky
    Miami U
    Penn St
    Pitt
    Princeton
    USF
    WF
    The MAC
    -------------- After 1-30-21
    GT
    Illinois
    IU
    Lville
    Michigan
    Ole Miss
    SCar
    A&M
    Washington

    Media Links:

    Twitter = https://twitter.com/AllarDrew

    Instagram = https://www.instagram.com/drew__allar


    Hudl = https://www.hudl.com/profile/11295324/Drew-Allar

    Maxpreps = https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/dre...RA/default.htm


    Highlights:

    [TWITTER]https://twitter.com/AllarDrew/status/1323007586120175617[/TWITTER]
    Last edited by NDCrusader; 02-25-2021, 02:26 PM.

  • #2
    Gonna happen. CB thrown.

    Comment


    • #3
      Looks good in gold. Get used to it.

      [TWITTER]https://twitter.com/AllarDrew/status/1223816969666822144[/TWITTER]
      Last edited by NDCrusader; 02-25-2021, 01:25 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        As I mentioned in the Master List thread, I just watched his highlights when this made its way to the paid sites and I’m on board. Take him and don’t look back.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
          As I mentioned in the Master List thread, I just watched his highlights when this made its way to the paid sites and Iím on board. Take him and donít look back.
          Funny how he'd been to ND and everyone should've known about him but it took Tommy following him on Twitter for all the sites to pay attention.

          He tore up Ohio's best. 3000 yds in 10 G against elite programs both in and out of conference.

          I had him as the #5 QB on my list only because it didn't seem like they were gonna move on him. OSU took Ewers in Nov., why wait until now to make it public?

          Whatever the reason, it's happening now... I think.

          Comment


          • #6
            He’s got some fun throwing sessions on Twitter

            <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">2022 Medina (OH) QB Drew Allar had it dialed in tonight. Effortless power and spin from one of the fastest rising ‘22 QBs in the country <a href="https://twitter.com/AllarDrew?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@AllarDrew</a> <a href="https://t.co/oB9thNW64P">pic.twitter.com/oB9thNW64P</a></p>&mdash; Brad Maendler (@BMaendler) <a href="https://twitter.com/BMaendler/status/1351744381515128832?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 20, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

            Comment


            • #7
              So smooth.

              <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">2022 Medina (OH) QB Drew Allar and 2022 Stow (OH) QB Owen Bainbridge knocking the rust off and moving the chains. Hands by <a href="https://twitter.com/mintz_tyler1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@mintz_tyler1</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/Strnad05?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Strnad05</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/germanoj11?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@germanoj11</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/mintz_tanner?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@mintz_tanner</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/AllarDrew?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@AllarDrew</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@RealCandaceO</a> <a href="https://t.co/86uNJOs0pM">pic.twitter.com/86uNJOs0pM</a></p>&mdash; Brad Maendler (@BMaendler) <a href="https://twitter.com/BMaendler/status/1343285166538715137?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 27, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

              Comment


              • #8
                6'5"? Hard Pass.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Young man has a bazooka attached to his right shoulder

                  <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">B4 &amp; After…2022 Medina (OH) QB Drew Allar. Had power leaks &amp; arm path issues to address but I’ve never had a QB progress so quickly. First 2 clips show the before. Made huge jumps in velocity, accuracy &amp; consistency. Completely obsessed w/ getting better ⁦<a href="https://twitter.com/AllarDrew?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@AllarDrew</a>⁩ <a href="https://t.co/0RditmSoae">pic.twitter.com/0RditmSoae</a></p>&mdash; Brad Maendler (@BMaendler) <a href="https://twitter.com/BMaendler/status/1328468691084849153?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 16, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    So much QB play is between the ears but of what he shows in just physical talent the kid is a stud. I really hope they don’t over think this and miss out.

                    Feels a little like Deshone Kizer where he had the big arm but was a late bloomer. Once it clicked you had the talent and the QB.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Good size with a big arm... Seems like a kid that ends up at Iowa or Wisconsin and kills it in a pro style offense

                      I'd take him over the kid from Jersey too.

                      He's a 4.6 40 away from being a top ranked guy
                      Last edited by rtrn2glory; 01-31-2021, 07:20 AM.
                      Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        offered by Kentucky and PSU over weekend
                        What did Davonte do?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          6-5? BK be like nah bruh
                          "From Chaos comes Clarity"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Looks like a Big Ben or Nathan Stanley running around out there

                            Comment


                            • #16
                              Effortless thrower. I already like this kid more than our other offers. No offense to them, but some of the throws he makes in this look exactly like what people are looking for in a modern QB. He can spin it effortlessly on the move and from different release points.
                              "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                              Comment


                              • #17
                                Originally posted by Polish Leppy 22 View Post
                                High school kids allowed to be on campus?
                                Check the timestamp

                                Comment


                                • #18
                                  Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                  Effortless thrower. I already like this kid more than our other offers. No offense to them, but some of the throws he makes in this look exactly like what people are looking for in a modern QB. He can spin it effortlessly on the move and from different release points.
                                  Agreed. If there are things I would worry about they would be:

                                  1) Being able to throw from varied arm angles can also mean inconsistent throwing motions which could mean accuracy problems. That's one of the reasons I would love too see a whole game film.

                                  2)It seemed like he bailed early a few times instead of stepping into the throw and taking the hit. If he is doing that against HS competition that is smaller than him, what is he going to do against an elite college defense? Good news is that it shouldn't matter too much as long as we keep up the o-line development.

                                  Comment


                                  • #19
                                    Would love to have Wimstatt, but sounds like it's going to be a tough pull out of kentucky.

                                    That being said, I love this kid. Hope that offer comes soon

                                    Comment


                                    • #20
                                      Why is he ranked so low and where are his good offers? Crus said he tore up Ohio's best, certainly he isn't an unknown then. Per Rivals his best offer is Iowa. His video looks good, but then again it's highly edited and they're obviously not going to show his bad throws. Is it because of his previous throwing motion? Just curious.
                                      60% of the time, it works every time.

                                      Comment


                                      • #21
                                        Originally posted by Irishnuke View Post
                                        Why is he ranked so low and where are his good offers? Crus said he tore up Ohio's best, certainly he isn't an unknown then. Per Rivals his best offer is Iowa. His video looks good, but then again it's highly edited and they're obviously not going to show his bad throws. Is it because of his previous throwing motion? Just curious.

                                        I think his film is just now getting out there. Penn State just offered.
                                        "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                                        Comment


                                        • #22
                                          Like this kid much more than Angelli who somehow has much better offers. Based off his film I’d think he deserves a 92 on 247.

                                          Comment


                                          • #23
                                            Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                            I think his film is just now getting out there. Penn State just offered.
                                            Is Penn State a notably better QB offer than Iowa? (Just joking at PSUs way)

                                            Comment


                                            • #24
                                              Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                              I think his film is just now getting out there. Penn State just offered.
                                              This is the weird part, his Jr film is 3 months old. I made reference to it in the Master List.

                                              I just figured ND looked at him early and passed. Wouldn't be the first time Tommy did that and if he's circling back like most think, that won't be the first time either.

                                              Thank goodness Ewers picked Ohio State.

                                              Comment


                                              • #25
                                                Can’t tell how far this throw is but moving to his left, fade away, drop in the bucket. A thing of beauty.

                                                <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Still a lot of football to play but <a href="https://twitter.com/AllarDrew?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@AllarDrew</a> is destroying St Ignatius. Over 400 yards passing and 4 TDs in the first half �� <a href="https://t.co/ofmeVqz1Hv">https://t.co/ofmeVqz1Hv</a></p>&mdash; Brad Maendler (@BMaendler) <a href="https://twitter.com/BMaendler/status/1320086422154563584?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 24, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

                                                Comment


                                                • #26
                                                  Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                  Canít tell how far this throw is but moving to his left, fade away, drop in the bucket. A thing of beauty.

                                                  <iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 524px; height: 593px; display: block; flex-grow: 1;" title="Twitter Tweet" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/index.html?dnt=false&embedId=twitter-widget-0&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&id=1 320086422154563584&lang=en&origin=https%3A%2F%2Fww w.irishenvy.com%2Fforums%2Fnewreply.php%3Fdo%3Dnew reply%26p%3D2235045&theme=light&widgetsVersion=ed2 0a2b%3A1601588405575&width=550px" data-tweet-id="1320086422154563584" frameborder="0"></iframe>
                                                  <script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

                                                  Well if it's a 33 yard TD...I'd say that while drifting away, throwing across the field, and hitting the back of the end zone makes this throw easily a 50+ yard throw.

                                                  <iframe scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.96fd96193cc66c3e11d4c5e4c7c7ec97.htm l?origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishenvy.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;" frameborder="0"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe>
                                                  "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #27
                                                    Haha, my goodness, I can’t believe I missed that. Tha is for pointing that point out Beau. Running on very little sleep here.

                                                    But, yea, what an incredibly effortless 50 yard dime.

                                                    Comment


                                                    • #28
                                                      Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                      Haha, my goodness, I canít believe I missed that. Tha is for pointing that point out Beau. Running on very little sleep here.

                                                      But, yea, what an incredibly effortless 50 yard dime.
                                                      That's the first play from his Jr film. He threw it from the 37 and it would've landed a yard outside of the endzone so a 48 yarder. What you can see better in the other view is just how much of that throw is arm. He probably could've set his feet but apparently Mr. Allar didn't think that was needed and he has video proof that it wasn't.

                                                      Comment


                                                      • #29
                                                        The throwing is reminiscent of Uiagalelei.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • #30
                                                          Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                                          6-5? BK be like nah bruh
                                                          Lol

                                                          Comment


                                                          • #31
                                                            Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                            Well if it's a 33 yard TD...I'd say that while drifting away, throwing across the field, and hitting the back of the end zone makes this throw easily a 50+ yard throw.

                                                            <iframe scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.96fd96193cc66c3e11d4c5e4c7c7ec97.htm l?origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishenvy.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;" frameborder="0"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: medium none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe>
                                                            Just a flip of the wrist.

                                                            Comment


                                                            • #32
                                                              Get him on board before Ohio State realizes that they screwed up.

                                                              Comment


                                                              • #33
                                                                Originally posted by BilboBaggins View Post
                                                                Get him on board before Ohio State realizes that they screwed up.
                                                                lol I think they'll be fine with Ewers

                                                                Comment


                                                                • #34
                                                                  Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                                                                  lol I think they'll be fine with Ewers
                                                                  Oh yeah good call. Should've remember they probably have the #1 guy at the position already.

                                                                  Penn State just offered. Seems like it's a good time to swoop into Ohio and take a stud QB anyway.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • #35
                                                                    Its worth noting that we made Gavin Wimsatt's top 9 on Friday (with company that...doesn't scare me). If all 3 of Angeli, Allar, and Wimsatt are wanting to commit but you can only take one, which guy do you take?

                                                                    As a secondary hypothetical, given the realities of fit etc. is there anyone outside of that three you would take first?

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • #36
                                                                      Originally posted by Irish du Nord View Post
                                                                      Its worth noting that we made Gavin Wimsatt's top 9 on Friday (with company that...doesn't scare me). If all 3 of Angeli, Allar, and Wimsatt are wanting to commit but you can only take one, which guy do you take?

                                                                      As a secondary hypothetical, given the realities of fit etc. is there anyone outside of that three you would take first?
                                                                      I'm on the Allar train now.

                                                                      Beyond that Klubnik then Ewers out of TX.

                                                                      Love Nick Evers and Garrett Rangel's film (both also out of TX)

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • #37
                                                                        It’s Allar for me.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • #38
                                                                          Wimsatt and Allar for me. But if just one Wimsatt. I have too much trust in the rankings and zero faith in edited film/highlights when it comes to QBs.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • #39
                                                                            Dude is a Mitch Tribisky clone IMO. I’d take college Mitch in a heart beat. Plays highest level in Ohio and beat Ed’s and Iggy this past year in the playoffs. Medina is a serious contender this year in D1 and all thanks to Allar. Now just wish my alma mater had him in Archbishop Hoban.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • #40
                                                                              Originally posted by AKRowdy View Post
                                                                              Dude is a Mitch Tribisky clone IMO. Iíd take college Mitch in a heart beat. Plays highest level in Ohio and beat Edís and Iggy this past year in the playoffs. Medina is a serious contender this year in D1 and all thanks to Allar. Now just wish my alma mater had him in Archbishop Hoban.
                                                                              But with 3 more inches and a rocket arm
                                                                              ďThe more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.Ē
                                                                              ― Hyman G. Rickover

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • #41
                                                                                Originally posted by AKRowdy View Post
                                                                                Dude is a Mitch Tribisky clone IMO. Iíd take college Mitch in a heart beat. Plays highest level in Ohio and beat Edís and Iggy this past year in the playoffs. Medina is a serious contender this year in D1 and all thanks to Allar. Now just wish my alma mater had him in Archbishop Hoban.
                                                                                You guys have a small o line I could play QB for hoban lol
                                                                                Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • #42
                                                                                  Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                                                                  You guys have a small o line I could play QB for hoban lol
                                                                                  Haha definitely had been a blessing to watch over this run, a long with the defensive play.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • #43
                                                                                    Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                                                    I'm on the Allar train now.

                                                                                    Beyond that Klubnik then Ewers out of TX.

                                                                                    Love Nick Evers and Garrett Rangel's film (both also out of TX)
                                                                                    Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                                    Itís Allar for me.
                                                                                    Im sold. Lets get this kid a ND golf bag and be done with it.
                                                                                    "From Chaos comes Clarity"

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • #44
                                                                                      Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                                                                      Im sold. Lets get this kid a ND golf bag and be done with it.

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • #45
                                                                                        I just see Phillip rivers watching this guy. I mean that side arm throw at 48 seconds into his junior film, are you kidding me?
                                                                                        ďThe more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.Ē
                                                                                        ― Hyman G. Rickover

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • #46
                                                                                          Is he mobile too?

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • #47
                                                                                            offered by SCUM
                                                                                            What did Davonte do?

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • #48
                                                                                              Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                                                              offered by SCUM
                                                                                              First PSU and now Michigan. Still waiting on a big boy offer then ;)

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • #49
                                                                                                Look, I think we can beat Michigan and Penn State head to head, but I don't want to be months late to the party here. Wish Rees would make the offer, but I am not sure what his process before offering a QB is.
                                                                                                "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • #50
                                                                                                  MI, Oregon, Ole Miss, A&M, MI State all started following since Tommy did.

                                                                                                  Comment

                                                                                                  Adsense

                                                                                                  Collapse
                                                                                                  Working...
                                                                                                  X