Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luckylucci
    replied
    Publicly, I don’t know. Because he wants to take his other visits first. This is pretty telegraphed tho, if you ask me. Take OV’s for fun. Take ND’s last and then publicly commit. No other OV’s taken.

Leave a comment:

• irishandy
    replied
    Anyone think he commits before his visit in June?

Leave a comment:

• NDCrusader
    replied
    What the hell...???

I just realized I've never commented in this thread until today. Still beat Wiltfong and Biggins.

CB

Leave a comment:

• NDCrusader
    replied
    Received an ND CB from Webb/MI a few days ago. MI was the last school to offer. Oddly, theat was the first non-ND guy on 247 to throw an ND CB. He only had Loy/Kev CB's up to that point and Singer is the only FC on Rivals... Seems like a slam dunk to earn some points on for anyone in the biz.

Leave a comment:

• BeauBenken
    replied
    http://www.hudl.com/v/2FNLtM

Posted his Junior highlights from this spring. Plays in space much more than last year.

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post

We have 4 CBs that appear to be more than "viable" options. I'd love to see Agu bumped but I really don't care. Any player that is ranked that low that gets an Alabama offer this early is definitely good enough. I don't mean to gloat on Alabama but they are the standard in recruiting right now. I don't know what their 3star hit rate is but they truly have their pick of quality recruits. It seems like many people are cautiously optimistic for WR recruiting but I don't know enough to swing in either direction.

The big question mark to me is safety. I think we're going to be ecstatic with the CBs we end up with in this class. If we hit on 2 of our 4 desired safeties, this'll be a class to help us take the next step.

OL, 2nd RB, and WRs 2,3 (& 4?) are bigger concerns for me right now.
    I was purely speaking from a rankings/ratings perspective. What could be the deltas to the class ranking/avg player rating?

Agu is obviously one if he doesn't get a bump. He's the same player regardless and I'd gladly take him in the class.

OL, is very low on my concerned list. See very little chance they can't get 2 from the current board, may already have 1, and everyone on the board is at or better than the class average. And, they'll only take a 5th if that guy is a plus to the class.

2nd RB is further down the list also because if they miss on the "Big 3" for that 2nd spot, it goes to Payne and Judkins. Payne is above the class average already and Judkins probably gets there with the offseason he's having. And, this is entirely my opinion as I haven't read it anywhere else. If the staff were to miss on the Big 3 plus 2, they could just skip a 2nd RB. I'd put the 2nd RB position in the BPA category if that were to happen and there should be plenty of guys that they can grab at other position to fill that spot.

I think the WR class could end up being a solid group but a huge delta to the class ranking.

Leave a comment:

• Irish Man3
    replied
    Originally posted by Islandboi View Post
    I don't follow recruiting as close as some of you. My question is if this class turns out as good as some of you guys think. Where do you think it would/could possibly rank in the BK tenure?
    As far as depth, I'd say his best class. Star power, I'd say #2.

Leave a comment:

• Islandboi
    replied
    I don't follow recruiting as close as some of you. My question is if this class turns out as good as some of you guys think. Where do you think it would/could possibly rank in the BK tenure?

Leave a comment:

• Trait Expectations
    replied
    Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

I made mention of this in another thread a few weeks back. The board is filled with guys we have a realistic shot at that are higher rated than our current average player rating. So, we have a good chance at improving in that area. The notable, possible, negatives would be where Agu ends up? WR recruiting? And, how much of the dream DB scenario do we get?
    We have 4 CBs that appear to be more than "viable" options. I'd love to see Agu bumped but I really don't care. Any player that is ranked that low that gets an Alabama offer this early is definitely good enough. I don't mean to gloat on Alabama but they are the standard in recruiting right now. I don't know what their 3star hit rate is but they truly have their pick of quality recruits. It seems like many people are cautiously optimistic for WR recruiting but I don't know enough to swing in either direction.

The big question mark to me is safety. I think we're going to be ecstatic with the CBs we end up with in this class. If we hit on 2 of our 4 desired safeties, this'll be a class to help us take the next step.

OL, 2nd RB, and WRs 2,3 (& 4?) are bigger concerns for me right now.

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    Damn, our class average is about to take a jump. Add Niuafe and potentially Sneed and watch Gobaira make a big jump.
    I made mention of this in another thread a few weeks back. The board is filled with guys we have a realistic shot at that are higher rated than our current average player rating. So, we have a good chance at improving in that area. The notable, possible, negatives would be where Agu ends up? WR recruiting? And, how much of the dream DB scenario do we get?

Leave a comment:

• ThePiombino
    replied
    Originally posted by GoldenToTheGrave View Post
    Would he be the highest ranked LB recruit we've had since Jaylon?
    I think it depends on which service you're referencing, but Simon was ranked pretty high.

Leave a comment:

• GoldenToTheGrave
    replied
    Would he be the highest ranked LB recruit we've had since Jaylon?

Leave a comment:

• Trait Expectations
    replied
    Damn, our class average is about to take a jump. Add Niuafe and potentially Sneed and watch Gobaira make a big jump.

Leave a comment:

• TP81989
    replied
    Originally posted by Dale View Post
    Per Loy, committing on his fathers birthday, June 18th is the plan. Interesting timing compared to visit for sure...

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...aka-163803556/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Definitely a silent.

Now we know why Sneed was told there's one LB spot left.

Leave a comment:

• Dale
    replied
    Per Loy, committing on his fathers birthday, June 18th is the plan. Interesting timing compared to visit for sure...

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...aka-163803556/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Dale
    replied
    He might've planned a visit? Could it just be a matter of time?
    Yes per 247 June 11 - 13

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...it--163784430/

Leave a comment:

• Trait Expectations
    replied
    He might've planned a visit? Could it just be a matter of time?

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied

I agree with those above that there are most certainly multiple silent commits. Or guys that are waiting to visit and commit. And I think the number is bigger than what some might think.
    Possibly. I try to temper expectations. We've seen expectations get high only to be disappointed.

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    Originally posted by irishandy View Post

Do you think ND has any silent commits at the moment?
    I agree with those above that there are most certainly multiple silent commits. Or guys that are waiting to visit and commit. And I think the number is bigger than what some might think.

Leave a comment:

• dublinirish
    replied

you don't deserve to know

Leave a comment:

• Dale
    replied

My not insider opinion would be there are at least 2, possibly as many as 4 depending how you classify silent commit

Leave a comment:

• Irish Man3
    replied

100%

Leave a comment:

• irishandy
    replied
    I would agree. I think we have multiple guys that are a visit away from a public commitment.

Leave a comment:

• texbender
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

Yeah, I can see the flood gates flying open.
    Time to but flood insurance and get reservations for the Ark.

Leave a comment:

• Irish#1
    replied
    Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
    That last week or two of June could be a very busy stretch
    Yeah, I can see the flood gates flying open.

Leave a comment:

• rtrn2glory
    replied
    That last week or two of June could be a very busy stretch

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    I would agree. I think we have multiple guys that are a visit away from a public commitment.

Leave a comment:

• arrowryan
    replied
    Matt Freeman put in a prediction to Notre Dame.

I get the feeling that he's a visit away from committing. Hell, he might already be committed.

Leave a comment:

• Dale
    replied

ISD tweeted this the other day. Not a casual listen but a in depth listen
    Posted in Freeman’s thread. Talk here about his LBs at UC last year and how that works with scheme could be relevant here

Leave a comment:

• greyhammer90
    replied

We stripped out some of the bells and whistles in hopes that the site would run better. Removing Twtter and 247 embeds was a part of that.
    Ok just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing some update because people are still using them frequently and not only are they not embedded for me but they can't even be used as a hyperlink.

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post

Are these twitter links not working for anyone else, or is it just me?
    We stripped out some of the bells and whistles in hopes that the site would run better. Removing Twtter and 247 embeds was a part of that.

Leave a comment:

• greyhammer90
    replied
    [TWITTER]https://twitter.com/JuniorNiuafe/status/1366478405479198720[/TWITTER]
    Are these twitter links not working for anyone else, or is it just me?

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    I wonder what, if anything, happens to with Burnham or Junior if one of them commits. Do they take both and then only go after one of Cheeks or Jackson. Or is it first come first serve for these two. LB recruiting is about to get really interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    [TWITTER]https://twitter.com/JuniorNiuafe/status/1366478405479198720[/TWITTER]

Leave a comment:

• irishff1014
    replied
    Dropped 6 spots on Rivals update. Now #71.

Leave a comment:

• IrishSportsDaily
    replied

ISD Audio | Notre Dame LB Target Junior Tuihalamaka

Leave a comment:

• ab2cmiller
    replied
    Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
    Anyone who thinks this dude isn't worth the roster spot because he's a downhill player isn't considering one simple fact -- Freeman's scheme requires a gap shooter which Niuafe would be perfect for. May not have been as much of an impact player in Lea's scheme, but with Freeman he could be a juggernuat.
    Excellent point.

Leave a comment:

• ThePiombino
    replied
    Anyone who thinks this dude isn't worth the roster spot because he's a downhill player isn't considering one simple fact -- Freeman's scheme requires a gap shooter which Niuafe would be perfect for. May not have been as much of an impact player in Lea's scheme, but with Freeman he could be a juggernuat.

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    Originally posted by dublinirish View Post

For some reason i always despise LB's like him, Ben Boulware was probably the most insufferable. They get value because they are surrounded by underclassmen future NFL'ers
    They have value because they are good football players. Skalski made the Clemson defense better, not the other way around.

Just like Tevon Coney. You can be a very good collegiate player and not one suited for the NFL. Not mutually exclusive in the slightest.

Leave a comment:

• dublinirish
    replied

This. It's good to have a variety of players even if some of them are not every down or every game type players. Is it hard to keep those guys happy on the roster? Potentially, but let's worry abou that after we get them, lol.

Plus, there are still really good Mike LB's in college football that aren't considered great athletes so it's not of concern to me. We don't need to look any further than a guy we played this year, James Skalski. Dude is an average athlete but he's a brick shit house, that is physical every play, and knows how to read a defense.
    For some reason i always despise LB's like him, Ben Boulware was probably the most insufferable. They get value because they are surrounded by underclassmen future NFL'ers

Leave a comment:

• Luckylucci
    replied
    Originally posted by Armyirish47 View Post

Agreed, and with our schedule always having a great variance among opponents you have to stock the cupboard for everything.
    This. It's good to have a variety of players even if some of them are not every down or every game type players. Is it hard to keep those guys happy on the roster? Potentially, but let's worry abou that after we get them, lol.

Plus, there are still really good Mike LB's in college football that aren't considered great athletes so it's not of concern to me. We don't need to look any further than a guy we played this year, James Skalski. Dude is an average athlete but he's a brick shit house, that is physical every play, and knows how to read a defense.

Leave a comment:

• Armyirish47
    replied

I’d view it as yes game as moved to sideline to sideline but if you have a roster of 12 of those type LBs and zero that can lay the wood inside the numbers, you’re going to have a different issue

Agreed, and with our schedule always having a great variance among opponents you have to stock the cupboard for everything.

Leave a comment:

• Dale
    replied
    Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post

I dont know if the game has passed that position by but I LOVE LOVE LOVE a heavy hard hitting downhill MLB.
    I’d view it as yes game as moved to sideline to sideline but if you have a roster of 12 of those type LBs and zero that can lay the wood inside the numbers, you’re going to have a different issue

Leave a comment:

• Cackalacky2.0
    replied
    Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post

Yep - don't get me wrong. I think he's a tremendous player from what I've seen. But lately (post Manti) more praise goes to the sideline to sideline type of players. He seems like an old school Mike to me
    I dont know if the game has passed that position by but I LOVE LOVE LOVE a heavy hard hitting downhill MLB.

Leave a comment:

• NDdomer2
    replied
    it is interesting how the pay sites are using this Kelly recruiting thing as part of their news and notes now.

Leave a comment:

• Dale
    replied
    “I definitely love Coach Kelly” - from 247

Another 1-1 Zoom this week. Applying some pressure on Wesolak and now Niuafe

Leave a comment:

• FightingIrishLover7
    replied
    Originally posted by Irishbounty28 View Post
    He doesn't have elite speed by any means, but neither did Manti which didn't seem to hurt his ranking out of HS. This guy has elite instincts IMO which can mask some of the other issues at the college level. Speed is awesome in most cases, but speed without instincts just means you consistently get to the wrong spot quickly. Now sometimes guys have enough athleticism to make up for being out of position.

Basically, I don't think lack of speed is as much of an issue if the prospect has elite instincts, which I think is the case here. I like him as a prospect, and think he is a high floor/low ceiling guy.
    Yep - don't get me wrong. I think he's a tremendous player from what I've seen. But lately (post Manti) more praise goes to the sideline to sideline type of players. He seems like an old school Mike to me

Leave a comment:

• Irishbounty28
    replied
    He doesn't have elite speed by any means, but neither did Manti which didn't seem to hurt his ranking out of HS. This guy has elite instincts IMO which can mask some of the other issues at the college level. Speed is awesome in most cases, but speed without instincts just means you consistently get to the wrong spot quickly. Now sometimes guys have enough athleticism to make up for being out of position.

Basically, I don't think lack of speed is as much of an issue if the prospect has elite instincts, which I think is the case here. I like him as a prospect, and think he is a high floor/low ceiling guy.

Leave a comment:

• FightingIrishLover7
    replied
    Watching his film now.
    Am I crazy or does he seem pretty slow for his ranking?

Leave a comment:

• FightingIrishLover7
    replied
    Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
    lol at that headline
    Somewhere Pete sampson is saying "told ya so"

Leave a comment:

Adsense

Collapse
Working...
X