Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'22 SC LB Jaylen Sneed (Notre Dame Verbal)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think he was balling out at Rivals camps, so it must be them

Comment

• 247 guy that does the ranking said they have Sneed where he is and not higher because “he has been to five events in the last year or last 12 to 14 months, and his speed and agility testing has been scratched in every single one…..If you go down the list of the 10 in front of him…the majority have some verified data, whether publicly or behind the scenes.”

Comment

• Hmmmm, that is a bit of a mystery…….the obvious thought that crosses my mind is that the test numbers were below par by someone’s definition but I wonder if maybe there is another angle. He certainly appears agile and quick in the video clips we are able to see.

Comment

• That thread, or two, was a lot of fun. Loy followed that up with another eval from Brooks on Walker.

For once I’m completely on board with the meltdown the 247 board is having over this. What a joke.

The evals have little to no actual film eval, talk about movement skills, observed strengths and weaknesses, position/scheme fit, etc. Loy gave this guy a verbal blow job to their board and it was an epic fail. Well deserved criticism, IMO.

Comment

• Lol so not ranked higher because he doesn't do camp combines?!?
            Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
              Lol so not ranked higher because he doesn't do camp combines?!?
              That he scratched his times from the events. It is kind of odd but to do an eval of a player where this is so much more important that he couldn’t even attempt to evaluate what he has seen is pathetic.

Comment

• From the two evals it seems to me like this Gabe Brooks guy is going to be more about analytics than talent scout.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

That he scratched his times from the events. It is kind of odd but to do an eval of a player where this is so much more important that he couldn’t even attempt to evaluate what he has seen is pathetic.
                  Sure it's weird he hid his times but there's too many guys who are great football players with poor combine type numbers.

You can watch him run with RBs and WRs in one on ones to know he's fast.

This just comes off as "taking my ball and going home" from some grown men because they can't see a kids 40.

Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post

Sure it's weird he hid his times but there's too many guys who are great football players with poor combine type numbers.

You can watch him run with RBs and WRs in one on ones to know he's fast.

This just comes off as "taking my ball and going home" from some grown men because they can't see a kids 40.
                    And you have guys who test way better than they play (Redfield) This is why rankings don't bother me much one way or the other. It can't take into consideration how fast a player mentally processes what he sees and reacts. Field awareness is as important as anything. Film is an indicator, but there's no substitute for seeing someone in person. I have no idea why he scratched from those tests, but he probably had a good reason.

Comment

• ND Proof Reader has entered the portal.

Comment

• Originally posted by BobbyMac View Post
                        ND Proof Reader has entered the portal.
                        Transferring to Norte Dame.

Comment

• Oh man... who let that one get out?
                          "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• dear sweet 8 lb 2 oz baby jesus

Comment

• Holy @#$%*!!!!

Comment

• Stud

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                  Stud
                                  I don't know about our guy but this Jalyen Deens kid can really, really jmup.

Too bad we're filled up at LB.

Comment

• Comment

• Bummer...we may not get to see Jaylen capture the elusive 5th star. Guess he'll just have to earn a Butkus at ND...

Comment

• Shocked face......

Comment

• Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post
                                          Bummer...we may not get to see Jaylen capture the elusive 5th star. Guess he'll just have to earn a Butkus at ND...
                                          They're thinking of canceling his season???

Comment

• Originally posted by BobbyMac View Post

They're thinking of canceling his season???
                                            Ill keep tabs on it. Im right around the corner from HH but the school situation isnt looking great right now. School just started this week for most places in the state and they are already having COVID out breaks and emergency mask mandate meetings....

https://www.wsav.com/sports/covid-19...ootball-games/

During the past week we have had a few positive cases of COVID in the football program (with additional individuals quarantining as close contacts). As a result, I communicated last night to parents that we are pausing the football program for two days (yesterday and today).

After meeting with our football coaches, school personnel, and district staff, we are extending the pausing of the football season until Monday, August 23rd. We reached out to Wilson High School, who we are scheduled to play this Saturday, and they agreed that postponing the game is the best course of action.

Our current plan is to return to practice on Monday, August 23rd. We will keep you updated if there any changes to the plan. We appreciate your understanding in this matter. Thanks, and Go Seahawks!!!

Comment

• Can he transfer to IMG

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                              Working...
                                              X