Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'22 AZ CB Benjamin Morrison (Notre Dame Verbal)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Reaper97 View Post

Thanks for having me. I’ve read this board for a long time & just kept to myself.
    I echo Whiskey. Welcome! I saw some of your posts over there while reading up yesterday. Feel free to stick around. I like the fire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post

JJ was a sophomore when I graduated in '02. But he was in my brother-in-law's class, and I think they knew each other fairly well.
      '02 huh?

While you were busting azz in some AP/Honors class, I was around the corner day drinking at Rosie McCaffrey's with the GM of ABC Nissan.

Comment

• Or Showcase Honda or Camelback Toyota or Courtesy Chevy or...

Comment

• Originally posted by BobbyMac View Post

'02 huh?

While you were busting azz in some AP/Honors class, I was around the corner day drinking at Rosie McCaffrey's with the GM of ABC Nissan.
          It's a minor scandal that we haven't met in person yet. Hopefully we can fix that this fall over beers.

Comment

• Originally posted by DONTH8 View Post

I echo Whiskey. Welcome! I saw some of your posts over there while reading up yesterday. Feel free to stick around. I like the fire.
            Thanks. For me it’s just fun, sitting around the bar, busting balls football talk. That board is a great place for it with most. Sometimes a few get silly so I go a little over the top just to get them fired up. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post

Humble brag.
              Ha, no, it’s not as cool as it sounds. My wife reminds me every day…

Comment

• Originally posted by BobbyMac View Post
                Or Showcase Honda or Camelback Toyota or Courtesy Chevy or...
                You need to change that avatar. It's screwing with my rods and cones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reaper97 View Post
                  Ha, no, it’s not as cool as it sounds. My wife reminds me every day…
                  LMFAO, welcome aboard

Comment

• Is July 15th a solid commitment date for Morrison?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrownerandFry View Post
                      Is July 15th a solid commitment date for Morrison?
                      No, just reported could be

Comment

• Angeli commented on a post about Sneed’s commitment “Not done yet” and Morrison liked it.

That will be $19.99 a month please.

Comment

• So, if Morrison commits tomorrow, two things will be true
                          Marcus Freeman will have been d coordinator at ND for less than 200 days
                          With others, not alone, he will have recruited a full complement of 11 defensive players.
                          4 DBS
                          4LBS
                          3DL

would work for a 3-4-4.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrownerandFry View Post
                            So, if Morrison commits tomorrow, two things will be true
                            Marcus Freeman will have been d coordinator at ND for less than 200 days
                            With others, not alone, he will have recruited a full complement of 11 defensive players.
                            4 DBS
                            4LBS
                            3DL

would work for a 3-4-4.
                            That's unbelievable work, honestly. He's a madman
                            My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Keep em coming. Let's GO!

Comment

• All signs point to ☘️
                                  It's Just a Ride.

Comment

• The UW 247 writers are really weird about this one idk if they always do this but today and when the CBs started swinging our way they each conveyed a “yeah looking like ND but 5 months till NSD and they’ll try to flip him”. I don’t think they know anything special about Morrison and are just spinning it as nothing really changing about what happens tomm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post
                                      The UW 247 writers are really weird about this one idk if they always do this but today and when the CBs started swinging our way they each conveyed a “yeah looking like ND but 5 months till NSD and they’ll try to flip him”. I don’t think they know anything special about Morrison and are just spinning it as nothing really changing about what happens tomm.
                                      Eklund, I think is his name, is really, really bad. He is a huge homer & hates ND. He openly mocks Loy & ND. Even the Washington fans on non-247 sites laugh at him. A month or so ago he was taking victory laps & talking about how Washington as ND’s daddy when he he said Morrison to Washington was a done deal.

Comment

The UW 247 writers are really weird about this one idk if they always do this but today and when the CBs started swinging our way they each conveyed a “yeah looking like ND but 5 months till NSD and they’ll try to flip him”. I don’t think they know anything special about Morrison and are just spinning it as nothing really changing about what happens tomm.
                                        The Washington beat takes things weirdly personally when it comes to recruiting and for some reason Loy reporting what he's hearing really irks them. They are hilariously mouthy for a team that's never beaten us on the field.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post

The Washington beat takes things weirdly personally when it comes to recruiting and for some reason Loy reporting what he's hearing really irks them. They are hilariously mouthy for a team that's never beaten us on the field.
                                          I would love to spank that ass though.

Comment

Tell us, what happened off the field?

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

Tell us, what happened off the field?
                                              I mean, they've had plenty of recruiting wins against us. But that 0-8 record is big yikes.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• ND fans openly mock Loy too lol
                                                Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post

I would love to spank that ass though.

Comment

I mean, they've had plenty of recruiting wins against us. But that 0-8 record is big yikes.
                                                    It is true. But I think context is important. Vast majority of the time we are battling for recruits, they are west coast kids. Big difference trying to convince a west coast kid to come to the midwest versus staying in region. It's not like they are going into Chicago, Indiana, Ohio etc, and pulling guys.

Comment

• Benjamin Morrison
                                                      @BMoe_21
                                                      ·
                                                      Committing tomorrow at 2pm est

Does he even say EST if he's not commiting to ND? He's from AZ and Washington is his other option. So if he's not commiting to ND, who cares what time it is on the East Coast.

Just sayin'

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Mountains View Post

Benjamin Morrison
                                                        @BMoe_21
                                                        ·
                                                        Committing tomorrow at 2pm est

Does he even say EST if he's not commiting to ND? He's from AZ and Washington is his other option. So if he's not commiting to ND, who cares what time it is on the East Coast.

Just sayin'
                                                        EST is the elite timezone though
                                                        What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Polian gonna need to give a little more hints next time like Freeman did for Sneed lol. I’ll let anyone that hasn’t seen Loy’s post try to crack this one

Comment

Polian gonna need to give a little more hints next time like Freeman did for Sneed lol. I’ll let anyone that hasn’t seen Loy’s post try to crack this one
                                                            JJ Jansen our last player from Brophy as mentioned earlier in the thread?
                                                            "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post

JJ Jansen our last player from Brophy as mentioned earlier in the thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• bat signals are out
                                                                What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Neat

Comment

• Boom. As Jamie U wrote (presciently) this morning, UW has turned into the new DBU. Beating them for Benjamin is no small victory.

Comment

• Really good athlete, time will tell if he's a really good CB.

Comment

• Check out his commitment video in the link of his tweet.

Very pleased with this DB class so far and the back to back classes they've been able to put together. It will be interesting to see what positions all these guys start and finish their respective careers.

Comment

• Marcus Freeman - another one

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Offer lists of this DB class tell you everything you need to know. I'd argue that the "floor" of this group is significantly above our usual DB class despite the lack of high end talent (so far)

Comment

• Cool beans

Comment

• Did anyone else catch the backstory to this commitment?
                                                                                        I will give the quick story; he loved ND and was close to committing on his visit, but still wanted to take his visit to UW. The ND staff told him to go home & think about it. The UW staff immediately started contacting him after his ND visit & before his UW visit. They were so confident in getting him they were telling the UW & ND reporters he would commit on his visit (thus all the picks flipping you UW). Then on the last day of his UW visit he contacted the ND staff to inform them he was committing to UW. The ND staff told him to once again go home & think about it before committing anywhere. So Morrison decided to give it 24 hours. In that time Brian Kelly, Freeman & Mickens all spoke to him in one day. He committed to ND a couple days later. So he was committing to UW on Sunday, while at their campus, and by Wednesday he was was committed to ND. Then of course went public today.
                                                                                        That’s rock star recruiting right there.

Comment

• He’s the guy Freeman was talking about. Big boy recruiting stuff right there.

Comment

• Excellent!

Why do I always think about Benjamin Moore paint when I see his name?

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                                              What a humble kid, great video. Dad seems like an awesome dad too, great advice on there teaching his son about work ethic.
                                                                                              I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                                                Really good athlete, time will tell if he's a really good CB.
                                                                                                It worked for KeiVarae Russell!

Seriously though, my hot take is that Mickens/Freeman don't need 'good' Corners specifically. They just need some lanky athletes that can turn their hips when necessary and have the mindset that they're going to war on every rep. If they've got that, Mickens and Freeman will have them looking like master technicians, whether they're recognized as such or not.

That's why I'm so excited for a guys like Ramon Henderson and Cam Hart to get some seasoning in this system... if they gain confidence, and can combine their plus athleticism and unique length with the play recognition that Mickens' and Freeman's corners are known for, there are going to be some fireworks in the secondary over the next few years.

Comment

• Awesome news!!!!

Comment

• Great pick up!

Tommy, you’re getting smoked buddy may need to start making some traction.
                                                                                                    Our Lady Queen of Victory. #Bring back THE KOON!!!

Comment

• Rock it!!!

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X