Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'22 AZ CB Benjamin Morrison (Notre Dame Verbal)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '22 AZ CB Benjamin Morrison (Notre Dame Verbal)

CB
    Chandler, AZ
    Brophy Prep

Measurements:
    Height: 6-0
    Weight: 175

R&R's 1-12-21:
    247 Comp: .. 3* ...... #32 CB ...... #339 OA .... .8900 rating
    247: ............. 3* ...... #34 CB ........................... 88
    Rivals: ......... 4* ...... #28 CB ........................... 5.8
    ESPN: ......... NA

R&R's 5-19-21:
    247 Comp: .. 4* ...... #29 CB ...... #288 OA .... .9002
    247: ............. 4* ...... #31 CB ........................... 90
    Rivals: ......... 4* ...... #27 CB ..... #249 OA ...... 5.8
    ESPN: ......... 4* ...... #36 CB ........................... 80

Offers:
    Notre Dame ..... 2-10-21 ..... Committed 7-15-21

AZ
    ASU
    Col
    Duke
    FSU
    IU
    IA St
    LSU
    MI
    MSU
    Minn
    Neb
    Northwestern
    Ore
    Ore St
    UNLV
    Wash
    Wazzu
    --------------- Since ND
    Penn St
    Nevada
    Bama
    Auburn

Media Links:

Twitter = https://twitter.com/BMoe_21

Maxpreps = https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/ben...ball/stats.htm

Highlights:
    Last edited by BobbyMac; 07-15-2021, 02:40 PM.

Mickens back and forth follows today.

Comment

Pick em up
      Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Whiskey going in home tonight with the Morrisons to demonstrate what a Brophy - Notre Dame combo can do for you. I see a perfectly crafted, 12 pg ROI Excel presentation followed by a wicked clever GIF montage.

OR

He could just drop a bag on the porch.

Comment

Whiskey just drops a bottle of Laphroaig on the porch, no bag

Comment

Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
            Whiskey just drops a bottle of Laphroaig on the porch, no bag
            "Our boosters are out of touch with what top recruits use to get their drank on"

- Every ND message board on the net

Comment

Offered Feb 10th
              Last edited by BobbyMac; 05-19-2021, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Loy CB

Comment

Picked up Bama and auburn offers this month

Comment

Paging Crus . . .

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                      Whiskey going in home tonight with the Morrisons to demonstrate what a Brophy - Notre Dame combo can do for you. I see a perfectly crafted, 12 pg ROI Excel presentation followed by a wicked clever GIF montage.

OR

He could just drop a bag on the porch.
                      SOP is to just "forget" the bag in the home after the presentation.

Comment

he can run track at ND like Devon Allen..
                        What did Davonte do?

Comment

CB from Sinclair

Comment

Singer speculated on a pecking order at DB and that the staff will likely push for commitments in June and lock up the class. It’ll be interesting to see who pops and who waits. Morrison seems like a likely pop.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post

SOP is to just "forget" the bag in the home after the presentation.
                              Was that... in the home or and the home? Whichever it was, I like how you rolled.

Comment

Didn't realize he's up to a 4* on all three services. Good news.

Since his ND offer on 2-10, he received offers from Bama, Auburn & Penn St.

Here's some additional freebie stuff I found on his feed:

Comment

It's premium but here is a very impressive interview from Sinclair at II. This young man seems like a perfect fit for ND.

CB Benjamin Morrison Discusses Notre Dame (247sports.com)

Comment

I’m of the opinion once you get past the Stingley 5 star territory, the projection quality of CB #5 vs. CB #25 is very volatile and likely more difficult than any other position currently. The Bama offers on Gould, Brown, Covil, Moore, Pope and Morrison are very good to see eval wise on how our staff see some of these DB high 3 star, low 4 star guys too. Others like Bellamy don’t have Bama but have OSU which has been a notch we usually aren’t competing against for the DBs we have signed.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                      It's premium but here is a very impressive interview from Sinclair at II. This young man seems like a perfect fit for ND.

CB Benjamin Morrison Discusses Notre Dame (247sports.com)
                                      No doubt the epitome of an RKG.

He lives down in Chandler which means he could've played at Chandler or Hamilton, both perennial Top 25ish programs in the country. But he chose Brophy for what Brophy is. And what it is, is Notre Dame Central for Phoenix Metro. Word has it that Whiskey's twin brother is the principal. Cannot confirm, just a rumor floating around.

Something else about Morrison not covered in this thread (sorry, I apparently wasted all the intel over at the trailer park).

Dad Darryl played safety at Arizona for Dick Tomey's Desert Swarm and then started for the Redskins for a couple years. Very religious family, Dad's in the ministry now.

His brother Sammy played at Arizona. He was a 3* CB at Gonzaga in DC before the family returned to AZ.

One of his sisters is/was a volleyball player at App St.

The 2 other sisters were college gymnasts, one at Washington and the youngest is an All American at MI. They won the Natty this year. That was why MI was so heavily covered with him but Jimmy Lake and UDub is what I heard way more often here.

If based on RKG-ness, I'd have outright CB'd him to ND but it sure felt like they were going to land higher guys who they'd been on longer. In that regard, glad their board fell a part.

He gives off a strong Cole Luke vibe and what do you know. Luke's from Chandler too.

Comment

Now if only the new mod would get off his ass and put the (Offer) in the thread title, smh

Comment

Vancouver with the crystal ball

Comment

He looks like he could be Shaun Crawford's younger brother.

Does he commit this weekend?

Comment

Loy thinks he's the most likely to commit this weekend. Singer has basically shit all over the Washington Rivals guy FutureCast on a couple of occasions, lol.

Comment

"From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post

Most of those collage pics we see don't contain a pic of the parents. That's not by accident.

Comment

Loy posted that he's going to change his CB to Washington for Morrison.

Comment

Loy posted that he's going to change his CB to Washington for Morrison.
                                                        Not sure if we moved on from Benji or what.
                                                        "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Loy thinks he's the most likely to commit this weekend. Singer has basically shit all over the Washington Rivals guy FutureCast on a couple of occasions, lol.

Hopefully Devin Moore is coming otherwise head-scratching commence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

FiRe FwEeMaN!

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post

Not sure if we moved on from Benji or what.
                                                              It sounds like they just got beat for him. Tried to get him to commit on his visit but he didn’t. Didn’t like the way it was trending so they pivoted to Bellamy and I think we’ll get our answer there in a few.

Comment

He's 100% RKG and I'm sure he could've been a trusted contributor in the latter part of his career but as I said above. he wasn't at the top of my board nor did I think he was at the top of their board.

I'm also not afraid of letting Mickens and Freeman go deep in the count this cycle. There will be late inning drama because of Covid messing up the cycle. Guys who decided early on summer OV's will move up/down during their senior season and plenty of Khari Gee's will be available. Bookmark that.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyMac View Post
                                                                  He's 100% RKG and I'm sure he could've been a trusted contributor in the latter part of his career but as I said above. he wasn't at the top of my board nor did I think he was at the top of their board.

I'm also not afraid of letting Mickens and Freeman go deep in the count this cycle. There will be late inning drama because of Covid messing up the cycle. Guys who decided early on summer OV's will move up/down during their senior season and plenty of Khari Gee's will be available. Bookmark that.
                                                                  So, I'm hopeful that they get the 4 DB's we're talking about now in Mickey, Bellamy, Pope, and Moore. Then stay in the game for X. However, with some scholarships opening up and a 2nd back looking less likely, I'd love to see them keep a 6th scholarship for a DB down the line.

Comment

So, I'm hopeful that they get the 4 DB's we're talking about now in Mickey, Bellamy, Pope, and Moore. Then stay in the game for X. However, with some scholarships opening up and a 2nd back looking less likely, I'd love to see them keep a 6th scholarship for a DB down the line.
                                                                    This. I like this idea a lot. I'd stay on Morrison and keep flip city open for business

Comment

Honest question - was it previously reported that Morrison and Bellamy were two for 1 spot?

Just interesting how narrative isn't talking about us cancelling DB visits then losing a top target guy. One that was considered most likely to commit. Now I know it's not apples to apples with WR recruiting but there's def different spin going on.
                                                                      Prehistoric

Comment

Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                                        Honest question - was it previously reported that Morrison and Bellamy were two for 1 spot?

Just interesting how narrative isn't talking about us cancelling DB visits then losing a top target guy. One that was considered most likely to commit. Now I know it's not apples to apples with WR recruiting but there's def different spin going on.
                                                                        I didn't get that, I thought they were all a take knowing that someone could take a safety spot even if X joins late as a BPA.

I don't think they mind overrecruiting anymore knowing that a lot of guys will transfer on their own and others will leave when they have a coach read the writing on the wall to thim.

Comment

Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post

I don’t know if there is anything that has been that specific as much as it is, here are the targets and this is how many spots there are. I’ve seen Freeman talk a lot about them wanting 2 CB’s, 1 S, and 1 swing DB. With X being a given whenever he wants in.

It seems a little different when they replaced the top target with another quality option, previously on the board (Bellamy) less than 1-2 weeks later. I mean, that’s pretty perfect recruiting if you ask me.

Comment

I don’t know if there is anything that has been that specific as much as it is, here are the targets and this is how many spots there are. I’ve seen Freeman talk a lot about them wanting 2 CB’s, 1 S, and 1 swing DB. With X being a given whenever he wants in.

It seems a little different when they replaced the top target with another quality option, previously on the board (Bellamy) less than 1-2 weeks later. I mean, that’s pretty perfect recruiting if you ask me.
                                                                            Agreed. Singer confirmed a 4 DB class about a week or 2 ago, with X being in no matter what. The class would be Bellamy, Mickey, Moore, and Pope. Bellamy and Moore are swings.

Also I wanted Morrison because I think he was the best pure corner target that was high on the board. Adding him as a 5th to me seemed like a good idea.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Are we sure he is going to UW?

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Wow this turned quickly
                                                                                Check out my blog building4thefuture.blogspot.com. Its all sports. Irish, NFL DRAFT PROSPECT PREVIEWS, Mets, Mavericks, and Islanders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Morrison posted congrats to Moore on Twitter. Mickey said they weren't done but that could mean Pope not Morrison. Maybe reading into it too much I that's why I asked.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                                                                                    Are we sure he is going to UW?
                                                                                    Your question is being asked on the pay sites too and Singer just made a post saying no. Maybe has/had swung Washington’s way but thinks ND still in it. To the follow up questions of what about the numbers, other guys etc he said not sure at the moment.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Dale View Post

Your question is being asked on the pay sites too and Singer just made a post saying no. Maybe has/had swung Washington’s way but thinks ND still in it. To the follow up questions of what about the numbers, other guys etc he said not sure at the moment.
                                                                                      Thanks Dale. Appreciate it.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        So the 247 boy's put ND CB's back in today.

a 6 & a 7.

Singer still sitting on his flipped UDub FC.

Last edited by BobbyMac; 07-05-2021, 06:25 PM.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          My theory: we found out we aren't getting Pope and circled back to Morrison. Morrison wanted us all along but wasn't a take if we got Bellamy, Moore and Pope.

Amirite?

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post
                                                                                            My theory: we found out we aren't getting Pope and circled back to Morrison. Morrison wanted us all along but wasn't a take if we got Bellamy, Moore and Pope.

Amirite?
                                                                                            I think we would still absolutely take Morrison and Pope.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post

Amirite?
                                                                                              no. 247 said that the staff must of talked and said he was too good to pass up on.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                A class of Morrison, Bellamy, Pope, Mickey, and Moore would be incredible, especially with X out there still for the icing on top of the cake.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  X isn’t coming. He’s going to OSU Check his twitter

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Rizzophil View Post
                                                                                                    X isn’t coming. He’s going to OSU Check his twitter
                                                                                                    Don’t see anything?

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X