Stanford
    Tenn
    MI

Media Links:

Twitter = . https://twitter.com/TM5IVE

Hudl = . https://www.hudl.com/profile/1093058...s-Merriweather

Highlights:

Jr. Season = https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1093058...b30113f4431704

Last edited by NDCrusader; Today, 03:16 PM.

Last edited by NDCrusader; 04-29-2021, 03:11 PM.

Comment

I'm going to throw a CB here if Lucky promises to do the dirty and delivers the stacks, then slips back across the river without the NCAA catching him.

Comment

Really wish we could start recruiting WR like Ohio St, Clemson, and Alabama
        Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
          Really wish we could start recruiting WR like Ohio St, Clemson, and Alabama
          So does every other team/fan...

Comment

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...tes-160278894/

More camp buzz, positive mention of NDs chances here

Comment

Apparently Lucky's contributions have been well received. Good Job.

ND vs Stanford per the NW Guru, Brandon Huffman.

Comment

Hopefully won't get another violation out of Washington. Those Husky coaches are touchy.

Comment

He's got the size everyone looks for.

Comment

Dropped 19 spots on the Rivals update. Now #160.
                    Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

https://247sports.com/Article/Top247...ton-162468580/

Freebie from 247, Huffman followed up though that he still believes it’s ND v Stanford right now.

That’s a battle you HAVE to win given the need and opposition

Comment

Scheduled OV for June 11th weekend. If we’re talking about the best WR on the board, I’ll take Tobias.

Comment

Young man is a unicorn. Tall, agile, fast, etc.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1093058...b30113f4431704

Comment

Wow, I guess he's our must get. Tobias and Kaden Saunders are the only gamebreakers we're in on at WR right now and it looks like Kaden isn't budging much.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                              Scheduled OV for June 11th weekend. If we’re talking about the best WR on the board, I’ll take Tobias.
                              Finish with Merriweather and Bradshaw and call it a class. I’d love to add those two over any other
                              Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post
                                Wow, I guess he's our must get. Tobias and Kaden Saunders are the only gamebreakers we're in on at WR right now and it looks like Kaden isn't budging much.
                                I think Bradshaw is a big play guy. However, I do think Saunders would be a notch above him.

Comment

Alpha Dog

The Top 100 receiver in the 2022 class had a coming-out party at this same event last year prior to the shutdown and he put on a show Saturday, totaling nine total touchdowns and three more two-point conversions during pool play. Merriweather was also a Day 1 top performer in Bullhead City earlier this year and carried a strong FSP Blue Chip offense, proving to be the best receiver on an afternoon when they had the best attack. A long strider and good route runner, Merriweather also showed the top-end speed and separation that makes him one of the more well-rounded prospects at his position.
                                  https://247sports.com/Article/Colleg...mpression=true

Comment

Boom! This is the guy I’ve wanted in the full above all others that we had a shot at. I have no problem not getting Morris if we get this guy. And considering last we heard it’s a ND Stanford battle I’ll be disappointed if we don’t get him.
                                    Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

Merriweather and Greene and I'll be very happy with WR recruiting. Either one really but those are my top two.

Comment

Originally posted by jspags10pg View Post
                                        Merriweather and Greene and I'll be very happy with WR recruiting. Either one really but those are my top two.
                                        Agree 100%. Is there any reason to think we'll even get a visit from Greene though? Heard almost nothing about him and don't even see a profile on him here. I see both of those guys as top 50-75ish type of players.

Comment

Merriweather is top of my list too. Merriweather and Saunders would be a grand slam.
                                          Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

What did Davonte do?

Comment

Huffman still thinks it's an ND/Stanford battle. Del has been all over Williams and Merriweather for awhile now. Let's see if he can close those two.

Comment

Huffman still thinks it's an ND/Stanford battle. Del has been all over Williams and Merriweather for awhile now. Let's see if he can close those two.
                                                Almost like clinging to decades old roots (Brown and Morris being from Chicago) doesn’t mean as much as Del being a West Coast guy most of his career. Blind resume of Merriweather/Williams versus Brown/Morris says the Chicago WR fiasco was overblown. Close the deal Del and make me not proven wrong lol

Comment

If he's able to sign two top-100 receivers in this class, it'll amount to a contract extension at ND. I hope he has some kind of recruiting bonus built into his contract. Same for all of our coaches. It doesn't have to be related to recruiting site rankings but rated to internally agreed upon rankings of prospects.

Comment

I asked Huffman today if he still thinks it's ND vs Stanford? He answered:
                                                    Yes, still think its those two against the field

Comment

Comment

This still an ND / Tree battle? Any favorite?

Comment

He's showing up in 36 hours

+

A secret message from an anonymous source saying tree's waving the white flag

+

A Film Room piece by Tim Prister:

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...her-166338526/

+

In depth FREEBIE family piece by Christian/ISD

Comment

Wanna see some wheels? Stick around for the anchor on that 4x100

Comment

For comparison, Braden Lenzy's fastest 200M was 21.49. So Tobias is right there but at 6'3-6'4

Comment

For comparison, Braden Lenzy's fastest 200M was 21.49. So Tobias is right there but at 6'3-6'4
                                                                And he joined the season late after Covid football. He swept the 100/200/400 in his region finals but the state finalists had already been selected.

Comment

Ya know, Crus, I've noticed the same thing. When Prister releases a film review for a recruit, it usually ends well for the Irish.

Comment

This is exactly who we need in our class. This creates a little pressure on the others and he gives us a very high ceiling prospect. Really hope he pulls the trigger for the good guys

Comment

This is exactly who we need in our class. This creates a little pressure on the others and he gives us a very high ceiling prospect. Really hope he pulls the trigger for the good guys
                                                                      Yea, he might be the most important target on the board. Maybe in the class.

Comment

Yea, he might be the most important target on the board. Maybe in the class.
                                                                        So in terms of receivers.. TM> CJ Williams?

Comment

Originally posted by 317Irish View Post

So in terms of receivers.. TM> CJ Williams?
                                                                          It is 1A and 1B in my book. Both are very important.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowryan View Post

It is 1A and 1B in my book. Both are very important.
                                                                            Got it. I don’t follow as closely as some others on her, but most of the time I’ve heard the recruiting analysts mention Williams they’ve made him seem as if he’s top or near top of the board. Sounds like Williams, Merriweather, Ayomayor, and Walker/replacement if needed would be a great WR haul and is very possible.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Just now getting to his film.
                                                                              For a man his height, he's got some real nice speed and seems super wiggly. Feel like a lot of guys get rigged at that height. Love his potential

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by 317Irish View Post

Got it. I don’t follow as closely as some others on her, but most of the time I’ve heard the recruiting analysts mention Williams they’ve made him seem as if he’s top or near top of the board. Sounds like Williams, Merriweather, Ayomayor, and Walker/replacement if needed would be a great WR haul and is very possible.
                                                                                Williams, Merriweather, Ayomayor, and Walker/replacement exactly what I'm hoping for. If Walker wants to walk, I'd love to add another speedy guy.

Comment

• #41

Williams, Merriweather, Ayomayor, and Walker/replacement exactly what I'm hoping for. If Walker wants to walk, I'd love to add another speedy guy.
                                                                                  I'd go 5 now.

I think Nic Anderson's a lock to be in this class. I actually think he's already in the class.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Merriweather and Andre Greene are my 1A and 1B followed by Ayomanor and CJ. Really hope Walker stays in the class as well.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      About the only complaint I have with WR recruiting is there isn't a ton diversity amongst them.
                                                                                      Prehistoric

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                                                        About the only complaint I have with WR recruiting is there isn't a ton diversity amongst them.
                                                                                        How so? Ayomanor looks very different compared to Merriweather. Merriweather and CJ and Andre Greene seem more alike in build but distinct skillsets. I'm less certain about Amorion but he looks fast and tall(er).

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          I wouldn’t worry about that. At WR, bring in the best talent year over year and cater your WR positions to your best players. They’ve had 6’4” slot dudes at ND and 5’11” outside dudes at ND. They’ve had fast and slow so I’d just get the best talent because that’s hard to come by for ND and they need it desperately at WR.

.9683 4* CJ Williams - 6/25 OV
                                                                                          .9491 4* Tobias Merriweather - 6/11 OV
                                                                                          .9387 4* Andre Greene Jr
                                                                                          .9159 4* Nicholas Anderson - 6/18 OV
                                                                                          .8937 4* Joseph Griffin Jr
                                                                                          .8540 3* Amorion Walker - COMMITTED
                                                                                          NR 3* Elic Ayomanor
                                                                                          NR 3* Xayvion Bradshaw

I really hope they land CJ Williams and Tobias Merriweather. I really think they can and should land both. After that I agree with Crus in thinking that Anderson is close to being or already in the class. With Andre Greene I really hope they get him on campus in June. I honestly don’t think he gets all the way to October for an official visit if he’s taken 3-4 in June. Joseph Griffin is a flip-candidate but I haven’t heard much of anything on him potentially getting to ND for a flip. Whatever way the staff goes I just hope they get to 4 signees and CJ and Tobias are two of those guys. I think they’ll need 5-6 new WR’s for the 2022 season so whether that’s from freshman or transfers I hope they can get the adequate numbers and talent at those spots. I also think BK and Rees need to not be so hard headed and play some freshman WR’s this year because #1 they’ll need some Sophomores to contribute in 2022 and #2 they just need to start playing more WR’s. In the day and age of the portal you won’t keep guys if you only play 3 SR’s every snap and let everyone else sit. They need to have 5-6 WR’s actively involved in the offense.

Comment

• #46

How so? Ayomanor looks very different compared to Merriweather. Merriweather and CJ and Andre Greene seem more alike in build but distinct skillsets. I'm less certain about Amorion but he looks fast and tall(er).
                                                                                            None of these guys necessarily has the same exact build thats for sure. but nontheless, similar sizes, see below.

Originally posted by NDMIA View Post

I wouldn’t worry about that. At WR, bring in the best talent year over year and cater your WR positions to your best players. They’ve had 6’4” slot dudes at ND and 5’11” outside dudes at ND. They’ve had fast and slow so I’d just get the best talent because that’s hard to come by for ND and they need it desperately at WR.

.9683 4* CJ Williams - 6/25 OV
                                                                                            .9491 4* Tobias Merriweather - 6/11 OV
                                                                                            .9387 4* Andre Greene Jr
                                                                                            .9159 4* Nicholas Anderson - 6/18 OV
                                                                                            .8937 4* Joseph Griffin Jr
                                                                                            .8540 3* Amorion Walker - COMMITTED
                                                                                            NR 3* Elic Ayomanor
                                                                                            NR 3* Xayvion Bradshaw

I really hope they land CJ Williams and Tobias Merriweather. I really think they can and should land both. After that I agree with Crus in thinking that Anderson is close to being or already in the class. With Andre Greene I really hope they get him on campus in June. I honestly don’t think he gets all the way to October for an official visit if he’s taken 3-4 in June. Joseph Griffin is a flip-candidate but I haven’t heard much of anything on him potentially getting to ND for a flip. Whatever way the staff goes I just hope they get to 4 signees and CJ and Tobias are two of those guys. I think they’ll need 5-6 new WR’s for the 2022 season so whether that’s from freshman or transfers I hope they can get the adequate numbers and talent at those spots. I also think BK and Rees need to not be so hard headed and play some freshman WR’s this year because #1 they’ll need some Sophomores to contribute in 2022 and #2 they just need to start playing more WR’s. In the day and age of the portal you won’t keep guys if you only play 3 SR’s every snap and let everyone else sit. They need to have 5-6 WR’s actively involved in the offense.
                                                                                            I by no means am saying I don't want CJ or Tobias or Anderson, or all three in the same class. Bring them on. You wont hear an argument from me about bringing in the best talent year over year either.

I wouldnt say worry but it wasnt that long ago that all of college football got torched by a 6' 170 soaking wet bolt of lightning. Also, when I look at the offenses of your "main 4" (bama, clemson, osu, ou) they seem to have more 6' 170 bolts of lightning than they do 6'3+ 200+ types (not that they dont have some of those either).

Again, it's nit picking when youre talking about perhaps the two best WR classes in Kellys tenure and then think they are going to be in back to back classes (last years class certainly was from a rankings stand point).

But assuming we go CJ, Tobias, Anderson, Ayonmanor and keep Walker. That's the following in two years:

2021 Class:
                                                                                            Lorenzo Styles - 6'1" 185
                                                                                            Deion Colzie - 6'4" 193
                                                                                            Jayden Thomas - 6'1" 205

Potential 2022 Class:
                                                                                            Nick Anderson - 6'3.5" 195
                                                                                            CJ Williams - 6'2"193
                                                                                            Tobias Merriweather - 6'4" 185
                                                                                            Elic Ayomanor - 6'3" 205
                                                                                            Amorion Walker - 6'3" 178

6/8 are 6'2"-6'4"

Styles has me giddy and certainly is "outside the mold" from the group.

It's fair to wish one of 4 or 5 spots this year we targeted a different body profile.
                                                                                            Prehistoric

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              I think Ayomanor, Williams, and Greene can play X. I think Anderson and Merriweather are your W’s. It doesn’t seem like a traditional slot is on the agenda so maybe the big slot is a staple of the offense. Or more 2 TE’s is also probable.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                I think Ayomanor, Williams, and Greene can play X. I think Anderson and Merriweather are your W’s. It doesn’t seem like a traditional slot is on the agenda so maybe the big slot is a staple of the offense. Or more 2 TE’s is also probable.
                                                                                                which has been a good recipe for success. And we are going to have some athletes at RB that can catch the football as well. Again its just my single wish for the class since it appears were taking quite a few guys.
                                                                                                Prehistoric

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Ayomanor could very possibly end up as a jumbo slot. He's a bigger guy but he plays like a smaller receiver and has the talent and athleticism to fight in a phone booth that you want from a slot guy.

Not to mention, you got Styles from last class and honestly, I can see JoJo also playing slot.
                                                                                                  It's Just a Ride.

Comment

• #50

which has been a good recipe for success. And we are going to have some athletes at RB that can catch the football as well. Again its just my single wish for the class since it appears were taking quite a few guys.
                                                                                                    I’m not disagreeing with ya, I’m in the take Bradshaw camp it just doesn’t seem likely.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X