Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'22 PA DT Donovan Hinish (Notre Dame Verbal)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
    Um...

Comment

I mean, the kid is still a high schooler. Very possible he's hit a growth spurt.
      "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
        I mean, the kid is still a high schooler. Very possible he's hit a growth spurt.
        I posted that under the impression it was fairly recent. I mean, they’re wearing masks and not locked down. But maybe this is true. I’ll go with that for now.

Comment

I think it was B&G, but one recruiting podcast said Donovan was already bigger than his brother and I wanted to ask if he’d ever seen them standing next to each other before making that claim.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinKSU View Post
            I think it was B&G, but one recruiting podcast said Donovan was already bigger than his brother and I wanted to ask if he’d ever seen them standing next to each other before making that claim.
            Pretty sure it was ISD podcast....I heard it and thought the same thing
            Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

bigger than his brother at the same age i think they meant
              What did Davonte do?

Comment

Speca is a 6'2" 200 lb TE/ LB with a Pitt offer

What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post

offered by ND

What did Davonte do?

Comment

Freeman at ISD said Donovan is 6'1 277. The great mystery that is Donovan Hinish's true height continues, lol.

Comment

Safe to say he'll check in at 6' 280
                      Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post

and a Freshman.

Comment

IF Speca is a true 6'2 then Hinish is def 6'1 range.....Speca is leaning a bit so he isn't completely standing up straight but otherwise in the pic they are about neck and neck
                          EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

Doing my best to channel my inner Koon, but he looks smaller than Kyren Williams

Comment

Committed to ND

Comment

Let's go. Need more war daddies like his brother

Comment

Comment

Love it. Kurt is a madman and there's always room on a team for someone like the Hinish bro's. I think Donovan will be better than Kurt and I'm a big fan of Kurt.

Comment

Neat

Comment

Cool beans

Comment

Welcome to Notre Dame Donovan!

Love this pickup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

So is Lucas still a take?

Comment

Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                                                Yes, unless we have slipped into bizarro world.

Comment

From a source of Matt Freeman's: "Kurt will kick your ass. Donovan will kick your ass..follow you home and kick your ass again." Outstanding. Kid is apparently longer and taller than Kurt already.
                                                  "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Love it. Guaranteed culture and temperament fits can't be overappreciated.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

They picked up Donnie Donuts and the Dumptruck on the same day.

Love it.

Comment

I think he a little bit better then when his brother came to ND. As long as he plays with Kurt’s mentality we will be good to go. Welcome to ND young man.
                                                        Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                          From a source of Matt Freeman's: "Kurt will kick your ass. Donovan will kick your ass..follow you home and kick your ass again." Outstanding. Kid is apparently longer and taller than Kurt already.
                                                          I hope you’re right about his size, but that picture of Kurt and Donovan from April sure doesn’t seem to confirm it.

Comment

I’m trusting Elston on this one. I know who his brother is, but Donovan’s going to have a much different path to the field than his brother did when he came to South Bend.

Comment

Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                                                              Better be

Comment

I’m trusting Elston on this one. I know who his brother is, but Donovan’s going to have a much different path to the field than his brother did when he came to South Bend.
                                                                I touched on this in my Weekly Recruiting Review but this is a much different situation than his brother and I don't view this current scholarship as one that will be needed to play significant snaps anytime soon. And that's why I think this fit makes so much sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

I touched on this in my Weekly Recruiting Review but this is a much different situation than his brother and I don't view this current scholarship as one that will be needed to play significant snaps anytime soon. And that's why I think this fit makes so much sense.
                                                                  That’s fair and a good point. I don’t know I’d make the same call if I were running things, but I’m just some idiot online. It Elston likes him, he’s never done anything to make me doubt him.

I really wish I could see a current photo of them standing side by side. I keep reading that Donovan has an inch or two on him, but that photo from a few months ago doesn’t back that up. Kurt’s already undersized, and Donovan looks smaller than him in that photo.

Comment

I'm all about:

Donnie Donuts

That nickname's gold Jerry... gold!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Promising picture and Donnie Donuts is on the low side of the grade.

Comment

Is that Kurt?
                                                                            I don't know what he looks like without his eye paint... lol

Comment

• #88
                                                                              might have another multi-year starter? taller.... stronger.... and if he has his older brothers heart?

Comment

• #89
                                                                                I guess that birthday picture wasn't taken in April of 2021 then...

Comment

• #90
                                                                                  Originally posted by JJRyan View Post
                                                                                  might have another multi-year starter? taller.... stronger.... and if he has his older brothers heart?
                                                                                  I'll be pretty surprised if he is a multi-year starter with this depth chart. As good as Kurt has been, I don't think Kurt would've played nearly as many snaps if he came in when his brother is.

Kurt's depth chart his freshman year was Jonathan Bonner (Sr) and Jerry Tiller (Jr) with MDT and Tiassum as Juniors. So, MTA and Kurt passed those two up for 2 deep snaps.

Donnie is going to start his collegiate career on a depth chart behind Gabe Rubio, Jacob Lacey, Rylie Mills, Howard Cross, and AK. It's just night and day different.

Comment

• #91
                                                                                    Donovan looks bigger then Kurt. Assuming he has the same heart, kid is going up be a good player for us.
                                                                                    Check out my blog building4thefuture.blogspot.com. Its all sports. Irish, NFL DRAFT PROSPECT PREVIEWS, Mets, Mavericks, and Islanders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• #92
                                                                                      The more I think about this, the more analyses of Howard Cross I read, the more I am convinced that Jamie Ueyama was right:

the analog for Donovan Hinish is more Howard Cross than Kurt Hinish.

By the way, if someone tasked me with starting a Notre Dame FOOTBALL website, the first employee I would engage in Jamie Ueyama.

He doesn't have baggage, and his analytical skills cut like a knife. He sees things accurately.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                      X