Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'22 PA DT Donovan Hinish (Notre Dame Verbal)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '22 PA DT Donovan Hinish (Notre Dame Verbal)

DT
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Central Catholic

Measurements:
    Height: 6-2
    Weight: 270

Rankings - 2-5-21:
    247 Comp: ... NR
    247: .............. NR
    Rivals: .......... NR
    ESPN: .......... NR

Rankings - 5-2-21:
    247 Comp: .... 3* ....... #41 DT ..... #476 OA ..... .8789
    247: ............... 3* ....... #41 DT ........................... 88
    Rivals: ............ 3* ....... #33 DT ........................... 5.7
    ESPN: ............ NR

Offers:
    Notre Dame ....... Offered 11-19-20 ..... Committed = 6-4-21

After ND:
    Pitt
    VT
    UCF
    Coastal Caro
    Akron
    Buffalo
    BGSU
    Kent St
    Toledo
    Western MI

Media Links:

Twitter = https://twitter.com/D_Hinish51

Instagram = https://www.instagram.com/hinish.51/

Hudl = https://www.hudl.com/profile/11958620/Donovan-Hinish

Maxpreps = https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/don...MQ/default.htm

Highlights:

Last edited by BobbyMac; 06-05-2021, 10:35 AM.

Last edited by BobbyMac; 05-02-2021, 03:13 PM.

Comment

I assume related?

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

I'm gonna go ahead and throw down my CB

Comment

Did he get an offer-offer or PWO offer?

Comment

Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
            I assume related?
            Brother

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
              Would be the earliest PWO in history.

I will admit, flags were raised but I did it out of respect for the family.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                He's a 22, so I assume straight up offer.

Comment

Would make more sense if he was a class of ‘21 and we were trying to get Hinish to come back for another year.

Comment

Hey his brother developed... Gotta assume Elston has it in fun to do it with him too
                    Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                      He's a 22, so I assume straight up offer.
                      Totally missed that, thought he was a '21.

Comment

Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                        I'm gonna go ahead and throw down my CB
                        This. One does not Love Thee in their offer tweet and not commit.

Don't remember the last time an offer went out where the recruit didn't have a profile.

Comment

His brother has been in the Dline rotation for three years now, and is killing it this year. Might be surprising that ND is the first to offer, but with this weird year and limited access to recruit personally, ND is a better position than anyone to evaluate him.
                          .....Before I Get Out

Comment

Never underestimate pittsburgh central catholic defense prospects! Ever!

Comment

Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                              Never underestimate pittsburgh central catholic defense prospects! Ever!
                              David Adams? I guess that was medical though
                              “The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.”
                              ― Hyman G. Rickover

Comment

He plays with quite an attitude.

Comment

Loy is reporting that the staff will be "heavily recruiting" him, so I don't think this is a lightly thrown out "because he's a sibling" offer or some carrot thing to keep him on in case they circle back later. I think they really like him. Loy also threw in a CB because duh.
                                  Last edited by greyhammer90; 11-19-2020, 07:38 PM.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                    This. One does not Love Thee in their offer tweet and not commit.

Don't remember the last time an offer went out where the recruit didn't have a profile.
                                    Not to be the smart ass, but Josh Bryan...

Comment

Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
                                      Loy is reporting that the staff will be "heavily recruiting" him, so I don't think this is a lightly thrown out "because he's a sibling" offer or some carrot thing to keep him on in case they circle back later. I think they really like him. Loy also threw in a CB because duh.
                                      So what does the board look like then for DT? I thought it Miles, Artis, Curry were above Hinish? Did I miss something?

Same goes for little Bauman. I thought the DE board was kind of set with Tyson Ford as the SDE and Devon Jackson/Tafiti as the Vyper? Again did I miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post
                                        Not to be the smart ass, but Josh Bryan...
                                        Not a profile here. A profile on 247 or Rivals.

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                          Not a profile here. A profile on 247 or Rivals.
                                          Ah, my bad!

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Excited to announce that I have received my fourth offer from the University of Central Florida!!! Go Knights ⚔️ <a href="https://twitter.com/CoachHoodie?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@CoachHoodie</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/UCF_Football?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@UCF_Football</a> <a href="https://t.co/N5imunht8z">pic.twitter.com/N5imunht8z</a></p>&mdash; Donovan Hinish (@D_Hinish51) <a href="https://twitter.com/D_Hinish51/status/1352691298650750976?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 22, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                            What did Davonte do?

Comment

I would be very surprised if hinish doesn't pick ND.

Comment

Originally posted by IRISHMAN View Post
                                                I would be very surprised if hinish doesn't pick ND.
                                                A few weeks ago, I'd agree. But with Freeman on board I wouldn't be surprised if we land higher-rated prospects on our board and Hinish doesn't get the green light to commit.

Comment

Originally posted by NDMatt91 View Post
                                                  A few weeks ago, I'd agree. But with Freeman on board I wouldn't be surprised if we land higher-rated prospects on our board and Hinish doesn't get the green light to commit.
                                                  folks on ISD reckon he's a take, a glue guy and hes a better prospect than his older brother and further along in his development now than his brother was at same age
                                                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                    folks on ISD reckon he's a take, a glue guy and hes a better prospect than his older brother and further along in his development now than his brother was at same age
                                                    With the same intangibles. I'm very down with Donovan being a take

Comment

Yeah, he's a take IMO.

Hell, even if you have 2 other higher ranked interior guys, you still take him. A bigger Hinish with the same kind of motor, leadership and want-to, that's hard to come by.
                                                      It's Just a Ride.

Comment

the first play of his tape was enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by NDMatt91 View Post
                                                          I think we both take him AND get in on bigger fish. Hinish will be a nice depth piece.

That said, he'll actually be a good barometer to determine whether or not Freeman and Elston were able to take DLine recruiting to the next level. If he's starting...like ever...we know it's status quo. If he's a quality depth piece then the staff will have done a great job at the position(s).

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

offered by Buffalo
                                                            What did Davonte do?

Comment

Kinda surprising to me that Donovan doesn't have more offers. I get that he's undersized, but so was Kurt and look how that turned out. Is he that much worse of a prospect than his older brother?

Comment

Kinda surprising to me that Donovan doesn't have more offers. I get that he's undersized, but so was Kurt and look how that turned out. Is he that much worse of a prospect than his older brother?
                                                                by most accounts ISD, II etc he's actually a better prospect
                                                                What did Davonte do?

Comment

by most accounts ISD, II etc he's actually a better prospect
                                                                  That was the impression I was under too. Perhaps it's still early in his recruitment? But if you're telling me I can get a Hinish who's stronger and nastier than his brother, I'm taking that kid every time.

Comment

That was the impression I was under too. Perhaps it's still early in his recruitment? But if you're telling me I can get a Hinish who's stronger and nastier than his brother, I'm taking that kid every time.
                                                                    Yes sir.
                                                                    Once we truly come together as a family, nothing can stop us. It’s my job to make sure we become that family.”

Comment

I think the concern is if Kurt is undersized, what does that make Donovan? It looks like he might be an inch or so shorter than Kurt. I think Donovan would be a valuable teammate and a great fit for the program but I don't know if he's playing much with the new depth chart.

Comment

Think the perception is that he's an ND or pitt lock, which is causing some schools to not really bother

Comment

These are also the exact prospects being impacted most by Covid restrictions.

Comment

Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                                                                            Think the perception is that he's an ND or pitt lock, which is causing some schools to not really bother
                                                                            This is what I am hearing as well. He will end up in this class unless something crazy happens.

Comment

• #39

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Seems like a great kid and we know they’re a great family but I think this is the answer. He’s sufficiently shorter than his brother who comes in below 6’2.

edit: I was going to post this when the discussion was going on because I remember seeing another photo of them together but I couldn’t find it. Just hard to take a DT that’s a shade over 6’
                                                                                Last edited by Luckylucci; 02-26-2021, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  So, Donovan's name continues to come up with the paid site writers so it sounds like they're setting us up for it. Again, phenomenal family but I just don't see how you take him when that means you'd have to say no to someone like Artis, Orange, or Cooper.

Notre Dame Defensive Line Recruiting | Irish Sports Daily (premium DL recruiting article from Freeman). It's a good one.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    It's a trope but the paid sites will always find a low three star prospect each cycle to breadcrumb folks with. They generally have one or more of these traits:
                                                                                    • ND Legacy
                                                                                    • Chicagoland
                                                                                    • White
                                                                                    • Catholic or Catholic HS
                                                                                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                                      So, Donovan's name continues to come up with the paid site writers so it sounds like they're setting us up for it. Again, phenomenal family but I just don't see how you take him when that means you'd have to say no to someone like Artis, Orange, or Cooper.

Notre Dame Defensive Line Recruiting | Irish Sports Daily (premium DL recruiting article from Freeman). It's a good one.
                                                                                      They staggering commits to get a weekly commitment train coming?

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                                        Seems like a great kid and we know they’re a great family but I think this is the answer. He’s sufficiently shorter than his brother who comes in below 6’2.

edit: I was going to post this when the discussion was going on because I remember seeing another photo of them together but I couldn’t find it. Just hard to take a DT that’s a shade over 6’
                                                                                        Different times, but Chris Zorich was only 6'1' and faired quite well.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by irish4ever View Post

And older brother Kurt has done very well at a shade under 6'2. The problem, as Lucky has pointed out, is that Donovan looks to be smaller than even Kurt. In a year where the staff is in on so many good DT prospects with great size, and considering DT recruiting from the past few cycles, Donovan's spot that would have been guaranteed before, might not happen. It's too bad, because the program could always use a Hinish type guy.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by irish4ever View Post

Would love to find another Zorich. He was a monster. If not the best, one of the 2 or 3 best ever to play that position for Our Lady. That twitchy hand had to scare and distract the opponents. lol

Comment

• #47

And older brother Kurt has done very well at a shade under 6'2. The problem, as Lucky has pointed out, is that Donovan looks to be smaller than even Kurt. In a year where the staff is in on so many good DT prospects with great size, and considering DT recruiting from the past few cycles, Donovan's spot that would have been guaranteed before, might not happen. It's too bad, because the program could always use a Hinish type guy.
                                                                                              Can we assume his offer is not (yet) committable or he would have committed already?

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Matt Freeman on ISD podcast on monday recksons there is a spot for Hinish in the ND 2022 class as part of a 2 man D-tackle group including Anthony Lucas
                                                                                                What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Matt Freeman on ISD podcast on monday recksons there is a spot for Hinish in the ND 2022 class as part of a 2 man D-tackle group including Anthony Lucas
                                                                                                  It seems there are better options out there for a 2nd DT in the class.

Hope they don't just take him since he'll be easier to land because of the family connection.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Donovan came up during Kurt’s time with the media yesterday. Kurt said his brother is an inch or two taller. That would put him close to 6’3 or above. If true that changes quite a bit as everything I’ve ever seen shows he’s an inch or two shorter. He’s either grown a lot or Kurt stands on his tippy toes when they take pictures together, lol.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X