X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bama offered per his Twitter....
    Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

For ND to get the class they want, they will be beating the big boys for a lot of guys. It will be a few interesting months of recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
        Bastards.

Comment

The rich always gets richer....

Comment

I suppose not posting the Bama offer would tip his hand regarding his silent commitment

Comment

This has been asked a bunch in a few other forums... What does bringing in the kid from GA do for his chances of landing with ND or do we take both?

Comment

This has been asked a bunch in a few other forums... What does bringing in the kid from GA do for his chances of landing with ND or do we take both?
                I haven’t seen a definitive answer on this. It was always assumed that they’d go 3 DE’s and maybe take a 4th if it was an elite guy like Moss. Maybe they now go to 4 but add Wesolak to that elite group. Again, haven’t seen anything definitive on this. I will say it’s going to be really interesting if that take Hinish and end up turning away a DL or LB that is currently on the board.

Comment

Probably somewhat depends what staff thinks of the Vyper Ends that could grow out of it.

Foskey

Botelho

Schweitzer
                  Aupiu

Gobaira
                  Agu

That is crowded in L2 classes. But let’s say Aupiu and Gobaira are long term Big Ends (I’d definitely think Gobaira). Now you’re talking 1 in each of the last 3 classes, adding a 4th wouldn’t be outrageous

Comment

Could be staff sees it as Wesolak and Agu are 1a or 1b. right? 1st come 1st served. Its why Bama offered both too?
                    "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

Just swung by to erase my CB for Wesolak and realized I saved myself the L by not putting it in. I surely meant to but the site being all wonky apparently got in the way.

Hope they still land him though.

Comment

Numbers work both ways so I think that is something that we have to keep in mind. Also, I think don't think 4 DE's is too much just like I don't think 5 LB's is. However, I do think 4 DE's, 5 LB's, and 2 DT's is. So, it becomes the all encompassing BPA conversation for some of these spots. Get Agu as it seems something is holding Wesolak back from getting on campus and in the class. You've addressed needs at DE both with numbers and talent. Then reassess the BPA board and see where all these guys fall. Same goes with that 5th LB spot. Sadly, I wish it was the same with the 2nd DT spot, but I don't think that's the case.

Comment

Loy reporting we can go ahead and remove Wesolak (and Tafiti) from the list of targets.

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...3/#164003593_2

Cyrus Moss sounds like only Vyper still pursuing

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
                            Loy reporting we can go ahead and remove Wesolak (and Tafiti) from the list of targets.

This defensive class is about to be epic if we're closing the door on talent like that in April

Comment

Though it’s hard to fathom, it makes sense. I wouldn’t stop recruiting him and maybe they won’t. Gobaira looks like the real deal and although Ford could slide inside it gives you 5-6 edge players over 2 classes. At some point you need to distribute scholarships to other positions.

I think we also need to consider that there are some ‘23 DE’s with big early interest in ND . Keely and Bradley come to mind.

Comment

Yep, they should just back off Wesolak and let him get back in contact if he is interested in commiting.

Comment

I wouldn’t say epic. Definitely a good class. I’d say it’s more of Elston’s style to get his class filled up quickly. For as long as I can remember he’s been doing this where he’ll move quickly to get to his numbers. Sometimes in my extremely uneducated opinion he does quite quickly when he could seemingly have some better players on board but he’s still killing it with this class. The ability for Ford to potentially end up inside is the only part that I take issue with Elston taking Hinish. I’m not high on him at all and once again that’s just in my uneducated opinion but I’d much rather fill that spot with Wesolak and see which recruit grows more and slides inside between Ford, Gobaira, Agu and Wesolak. Those are athletes and length that Hinish can’t come close to matching. Either way I hope we finish with Anthony Lucas and probably with Hinish which will be 5 and then go all the way to signing day with Cyrus Moss which would definitely be a BPA.

Comment

And that will be something to look back on. Does Donovan match Wesolak, Cooper, Artis, any of the LB’s, or ATH’s that we’ll pass on for that spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post

goodness we must have really loved Agu to be backing off players like Tafiti and Wesolek

Comment

Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post

goodness we must have really loved Agu to be backing off players like Tafiti and Wesolek
                                        Do we know the staff is backing off? I just thought we now have other priorities. Resources are not unlimited, nether are roster spots. If we take 2 DTs, that's a big number for a defense that typically operates with a 3 man front. Especially coupled with our incredible depth on the interior.

And FWIW, I love Wesolek and I hope he ends up joining as a BPA/Ath but we certainly have other positions to focus on.

Comment

Loy reporting that we backed off Tafiti and Wesolak for now. Moss is the only guy that they’d take, as of now. I would hope they still communicate with them but no spots if they wanted to commit.

Comment

Going from ready to commit to releasing a top 15 was a if red flag.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                              Loy reporting that we backed off Tafiti and Wesolak for now. Moss is the only guy that they’d take, as of now. I would hope they still communicate with them but no spots if they wanted to commit.
                                              Good to know. I always defer to the coaches because I'm not very good at evaluating talent. I've had as many misses as hits and the staff seem to be among the best. We have routinely been between the 10-15 class ranking and we've been finishing inside the top 10 for a while now. The coaches know far more than I...

Comment

Freeman at ISD saying we’ll still recruit just no spot at the present.

https://irishsportsdaily.com/forums/1/topics/58407

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                Working...
                                                X