Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up on defense. Kid is nasty!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post

With that being said, I reserve the right to change my mind based on senior film lol
      To be fair, how much is film against Mass high school football gonna tell us? If he isn't dominating every single play I'd be very concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
        To be fair, how much is film against Mass high school football gonna tell us? If he isn't dominating every single play I'd be very concerned.
        I agree, in principle, but it only took a 20 second look at Kevin Pyne's film to go "ummmmm..... pass"

Comment

Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
          showed me enough on KEVIN PYNE
          EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
            Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

Originally posted by Irishman77 View Post
              Wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up on defense. Kid is nasty!!!
              Yep. Looks like Tillery to me.

Comment

Kickass
                Prehistoric

Comment

Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
                  I was leaning more towards Tuitt if comparing other Irish DL

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                    His coach said he's just 6-5/260.

I would put his film in the Patterson / Jake Taylor tier.
                    Crus, my OT in HS was 6-7 265 our SR season, by the time his RS FROSH at Purdue was done he was pushing 340......and about 6% body fat

Comment

Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
                      I still think Tillery would have been an all world OT if he hadn't liked defense so much. I'm hoping Chan stays on offense with that flexibility and movement.

Comment

Originally posted by ResLife Hero View Post
                        I still think Tillery would have been an all world OT if he hadn't liked defense so much. I'm hoping Chan stays on offense with that flexibility and movement.
                        We've had plenty of draftable OL over the past 10 years. Draftable DL? Not so many. I'm glad he ended up at DT, because the delta on his quality over the next man in there was much larger than it would have been at OT.

Comment

Originally posted by OCIrish View Post
                          Crus, my OT in HS was 6-7 265 our SR season, by the time his RS FROSH at Purdue was done he was pushing 340......and about 6% body fat
                          His weight doesn't bother me. Just don't like that he was 6-6 and now he's 6-5.

Comment

Welcome to ND young man.
                            Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                              His weight doesn't bother me. Just don't like that he was 6-6 and now he's 6-5.
                              I gotcha.......still, I don't think 6-5 is awful for an OT. We've had a few at 6-4 that have produced very well for us. But I get where you're coming from on the height discrepancy

Comment

Wow, 6’7”, 340 lbs, 6.0%% body fat! That puts him in a rare category of elite athletes, that includes no one else! Basically, Zion Williamson with an extra 70 lbs of pure muscle.

Comment

I gotcha.......still, I don't think 6-5 is awful for an OT. We've had a few at 6-4 that have produced very well for us. But I get where you're coming from on the height discrepancy
                                  Ya, I'll take another Z-Mart lol

Comment

The first 2 OT's off the board in the 2020 draft were 6'5 or lower. 4 of the first 5 were. I know we've become obsessed with the 6'6+ LT's but there are still a lot of quality OT's at 6'5.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                      The first 2 OT's off the board in the 2020 draft were 6'5 or lower. 4 of the first 5 were. I know we've become obsessed with the 6'6+ LT's but there are still a lot of quality OT's at 6'5.
                                      That may be true for their actual height. A quick look at Rivals and it shows that 3/6 1st round picks at OT were listed at 6'6" or taller coming out of high school. Two were 6'5" and the other 6'4". What they ended up at the combine, I'm not sure.
                                      "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

I would assume if his HS coach is commenting on him being 6'5, it's because he's actually 6'5 and is taking the fluff out of the normal HS numbers. Chan is also listed as 6'6 on most sites. So, I doubt he shows up 6'4 or less.

Comment

Height is much less important than arm length as far as prototype NFL tackles. You're not going to see many with arm lengths under 34", while Zach Martins were just under 33". 36" armlength would be on the "elite" end of that spectrum, for reference Ronnie Stanley's were 35-5/8". In college the elite height/length are much less critical however.
                                          "Yes, they deserved to die and I hope they burn in hell!"
                                          --Samuel L

Comment

Now hopefully the staff can tell Billy Schrauth and Jake Taylor to hurry up and lock in a spot and then go all in on Zach Rice for the 4th spot. Unless, maybe they take 5 in 2022? They’ve got 13 with eligibility in 2022 not including the extra year for the 5th years in 2021 (Banks, Lugg and Gibbons but I don’t think they’re coming back for 6th years lol). I’d be pretty surprised if they went all the way to 5 commits in 2022 but there’s always some attrition along the way. Weird thing is they’ve got a ton of talented dudes that they’re in it for. Rice is the prize followed by Brunner (Wiscy lean), Jacob Allen, Hinzman (Wiscy lean), Wagner, Schrauth, Sexton (OU lean), Taylor, and Bingham. Will be interesting to see where it goes!!

Comment

Originally posted by NDMIA View Post
                                              Now hopefully the staff can tell Billy Schrauth and Jake Taylor to hurry up and lock in a spot and then go all in on Zach Rice for the 4th spot. Unless, maybe they take 5 in 2022? They’ve got 13 with eligibility in 2022 not including the extra year for the 5th years in 2021 (Banks, Lugg and Gibbons but I don’t think they’re coming back for 6th years lol). I’d be pretty surprised if they went all the way to 5 commits in 2022 but there’s always some attrition along the way. Weird thing is they’ve got a ton of talented dudes that they’re in it for. Rice is the prize followed by Brunner (Wiscy lean), Jacob Allen, Hinzman (Wiscy lean), Wagner, Schrauth, Sexton (OU lean), Taylor, and Bingham. Will be interesting to see where it goes!!
                                              They already have Tanona and Chan so if they take both Schrauth and Taylor they'd be going to 5 to get Taylor.

And, that's what I would do. Get your 4 guys in. Then recruit a 5th, if it's a guy that they deem is can't pass up.

And I feel pretty comfortable thinking that if we land Taylor. That gives us plenty of OT prospects and guys that could play OT. I'd put Baker, Alt, and Taylor in the OT only category. And then you have Johnson, Fisher, Carmody, and Chan as guys that could play OT. I don't see anyway that of those 4, none turn into good OT prospects.
                                              Last edited by Luckylucci; 12-11-2020, 03:47 PM.

Comment

I want to land Aamil Wagner. How am I going to do that now? Makes me wanna give Schrauth the slip.

Already had to take Jacob Allen's CB back from him. He was devastated.

And then there's Kiyaunta Goodwin down on the river. All 6-8/310 pounds of him. Sitting there with his Duke offer planning on going to OSU unless he gets Quinned.

It's tough to handle all this fortune & fame.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                  They already have Tanona and Chan so if they take both Schrauth and Taylor they'd be going to 5 to get Taylor.

And, that's what I would do. Get your 4 guys in. Then recruit a 5th, if it's a guy that they deem is can't pass up.

And I feel pretty comfortable thinking that if we land Taylor. That gives us plenty of OT prospects and guys that could play OT. I'd put Baker, Alt, and Taylor in the OT only category. And then you have Johnson, Fisher, Carmody, and Chan as guys that could play OT. I don't see anyway that of those 4, none turn into good OT prospects.
                                                  If you mean Rice for that 5th spot I’m with you. He’s a must take no matter what. I just wonder if they’d take 3 and then Rice if he wants in or 4 and then Rice. You’re probably right about 4+1. Chan, Tanona, Schrauth, and Taylor would be insane. Finish that with Rice and you’d have an all-timer of a class in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by NDMIA View Post
                                                    If you mean Rice for that 5th spot I’m with you. He’s a must take no matter what. I just wonder if they’d take 3 and then Rice if he wants in or 4 and then Rice. You’re probably right about 4+1. Chan, Tanona, Schrauth, and Taylor would be insane. Finish that with Rice and you’d have an all-timer of a class in my opinion.
                                                    If we already have Tanona/Chan and add Schrauth/Taylor (per your previous post) then taking Rice would be for the 5th spot, not 4th, as you mentioned. No biggie. Just trying to clarify that point. I certainly hope they take this chance to get 4 of these studs in the class at a minimum.

Comment

I thought Chan and Taylor were both tackles? Are either of them flexible position wise?

Comment

I will have Ty added to the front page by tomorrow at noon. Don't let me forget! Unfortunately, I've had a handful and it's time to spend some time with the lady, so he has to wait.
                                                        "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                          I will have Ty added to the front page by tomorrow at noon. Don't let me forget! Unfortunately, I've had a handful and it's time to spend some time with the lady, so he has to wait.
                                                          Jojo Johnson too?

Comment

209 overall on Rivals. #27 OT
                                                            60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Comment

715lbs! Let that sink in.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                                  715lbs! Let that sink in.
                                                                  Yep, my back started hurting just watching lol

Comment

Damn they need to figure out a better way to prop that up. Dude is going to loose a foot.
                                                                    "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

Dude is big! I knew he was, but I didn't realize how large his arms and frame were until this vid.

Comment

He shook the entire building dropping those plates!!! Kids a monster!
                                                                        Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog!

Comment

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                          Working...
                                                                          X