Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'22 NJ QB Steven Angeli (Notre Dame Verbal)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought everyone is saying TB is our savior so this shouldn't matter much

Comment

• Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
      I thought everyone is saying TB is our savior so this shouldn't matter much
      Even if Buchner is legit it's no excuse to miss as badly as they did for this cycle.

Bama, OSU, and Clemson are getting top 50 players at QB just about every year.

Comment

• I am watching a Bergen game on youtube to get a look at Angeli's non-highlights. The opponent is Estime's team.
        Angeli is impressive but Estime is REALLY impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

Here is his Boom Workout. It's not bad, because he's not a bad prospect. He's a solid, call it good, P5 guy as I've said all along. But this is not a strong arm. As he starts to work downfield the ball starts to get away from him and flutter or sail. It's good or adequate but certainly not a plus skillset relative to other QB's that we'd take over him. I've seen workout videos for Wimsatt and Allar and those guys have clearly better ball velocity, spin, and control as they push the ball downfield.

Watch: 2022 QB Steve Angeli Boom Workout - Bing video

This is a strong arm
          Video | 2022 QB Gavin Wimsatt Workout | Irish Sports Daily
          I would agree Wimsatt has a “stronger” arm, but that doesn’t negate the fact Angeli has a strong arm. It is not his biggest strength and he doesn’t have the velocity of some of the elite guys in this category, but it is more than adequate(Ie...he can make all the throws).

I was mostly trying to argue against the narrative that this kid was a drop in the hat pickup. Arm strength is probably the most over emphasized attribute in QB evaluation. Many GM’s miss on QB’s for this exact reason, because they are enamored by guys who can throw a mile. Is it important? Yes. I just think it isn’t the biggest priority as it pertains to projecting ones future success.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
            I am watching a Bergen game on youtube to get a look at Angeli's non-highlights. The opponent is Estime's team.
            Angeli is impressive but Estime is REALLY impressive.
            Link that bad boy.
            "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Welcome to Notre Dame Steven!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post

Link that bad boy.
                https://youtu.be/53k7G5YRqh0
                The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                  Come for the Angeli-Estime matchup, stay for the color commentary from Joe Paterno's corpse!

Comment

• Originally posted by CHIDomer9 View Post

Come for the Angeli-Estime matchup, stay for the color commentary of Joe Paterno's corpse!
                    lol. the guy was a bit unique.
                    The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post

thanks bro.

Comment

• So according to Coach Vito, Angeli can run a 4.7, which is great and all, but he is definitely not a runner. He tries to make cut back moves that make Peyton Manning look like a gazelle.
                        "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Need to go and get him some receivers now.
                          It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• I do think he can help us out in recruiting though so I am glad to have him on board. He plays with some great teammates at Bergen and on the 7v7 circuit who we are already recruiting. I'd imagine that his commitment can only help us there.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                              So according to Coach Vito, Angeli can run a 4.7, which is great and all, but he is definitely not a runner. He tries to make cut back moves that make Peyton Manning look like a gazelle.
                              ha...yeah I made it through a couple series on the above video, and the one running clip was hard to watch

Comment

• ISD Official Visit

Comment

• Some throwing clips that I hadn't seen circulated before

Comment

• Is now a 4 star in the 247 composite and rated above the class average.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                      Is now a 4 star in the 247 composite and rated above the class average.

ESPN made him a top 150 recruit...did he recently commit to the UA game?

Comment

• This seems like the year to take 2 QBs...rather than last year.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X