Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'22 NJ QB Steven Angeli (Notre Dame Verbal)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
    Wait does he have much junior tape out? I could've sworn I heard Mike Frank say that only 1 game of his junior tape is out

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/11629679/5fc964c3ff026b0360eebeaf' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

I'll say it after those Junior highlights.

He's Book all over again.

Comment

Completion percentage is troubling to me. That was my first reaction.
        Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Originally posted by GowerND11 View Post

Went back and watched Book’s Jr. tape, and you’re right! I definitely would not have guessed Book would be running on P5 talent based on that tape.

Comment

What is the competition level he plays in New Jersey?

Comment

He looks really polished and is running a college style offense so I see why the staff likes him.

But I was really hoping to see him go over the top once in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                What is the competition level he plays in New Jersey?
                Catholic prep schools that Bergen plays are very good and regularly produce Power 5 talent. For example Audric Estime’s St joes are always on their schedule.

Comment

6-3... pass. too tall.
                  The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                  Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

He's warming up to me. Still like Wimsatt, but I just wish they'd throw out some offers to the big dogs. Steven fits the mold what Tommy is looking for. Big tall dudes.
                    Last edited by SoIll; 12-15-2020, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoIll View Post
                      He's warming up to me. Still like Wimsatt, but I just wish they'd throw out some offers to the big dogs. He fits the mold what Tommy is looking for. Big tall dudes.
                      Any movement on Wimsatt? He plays about 30-40 minutes from where I live.

Comment

Throwing in my Irish CB

Comment

Originally posted by GowerND11 View Post

Haha I must admit I was comparing nearly every play to Book in my head.

Who was the last ND Qb who you could throw on a recruit's tape and say "Man he looks like _____" and have it be a pure compliment? In the Kelly era, no one? Maybe Kizer, but we don't recruit many Kizer types (I was thinking Cam Newton when it came to Phil lol).

Comment

Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                            Haha I must admit I was comparing nearly every play to Book in my head.

Who was the last ND Qb who you could throw on a recruit's tape and say "Man he looks like _____" and have it be a pure compliment? In the Kelly era, no one? Maybe Kizer, but we don't recruit many Kizer types (I was thinking Cam Newton when it came to Phil lol).
                            Honestly, I thought Phil was going to be a better version of Kizer haha. Big, strong, takes those long strides in his high school tape where he doesn't look fast, but guys just don't catch him.

Comment

How did this drag on for 4 months?

Comment

I mean, Angeli makes some really good looking throws there and he just looks like a legit 6'3" with the presence to stand and deliver and the athleticism to make something happen with his legs sometimes.
                                "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

I would take this guy and also recruit a duel threat QB.
                                  We need 2 in 22 because I think we could be down to just Buchner by then.

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                    I mean, Angeli makes some really good looking throws there and he just looks like a legit 6'3" with the presence to stand and deliver and the athleticism to make something happen with his legs sometimes.
                                    Yeah, he certainly looks like he's a Top 25 QB, just not a Top 5 QB.

Comment

I mean if Book was 6'3, he'd be a 2nd round draft pick so I'm not mad at the comparisons.
                                      .....Before I Get Out

Comment

Definitely would want Wimsatt more

Comment

I don't believe we've covered this yet. After his ND visit he went over and worked out with BOOM 7 on 7 squad. And it was an audition of sorts. Well, he got the part and will be the BOOM QB this offseason. So, he'll be spending a lot of time around Tyler Morris (22' WR) and Carnell Tate (23' WR).

Comment

Also, filmed this throwing session.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Thank you for the video, it was great meeting you! <a href="https://twitter.com/TomLoy247?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TomLoy247</a> <a href="https://t.co/fKrqsJbhMU">https://t.co/fKrqsJbhMU</a></p>&mdash; Steve Angeli (@SteveAngeli_125) <a href="https://twitter.com/SteveAngeli_125/status/1343288244130246657?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 27, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                              I don't believe we've covered this yet. After his ND visit he went over and worked out with BOOM 7 on 7 squad. And it was an audition of sorts. Well, he got the part and will be the BOOM QB this offseason. So, he'll be spending a lot of time around Tyler Morris (22' WR) and Carnell Tate (23' WR).
                                              This is so confusing to me. He lives in New Jersey, but is on a 7 on 7 team in the Chicago suburbs?

Comment

Originally posted by phillyirish View Post
                                                I mean if Book was 6'3, he'd be a 2nd round draft pick so I'm not mad at the comparisons.
                                                If book was 6'3" he'd basically be Jake Fromm, he went in the 5th.
                                                "Yes, they deserved to die and I hope they burn in hell!"
                                                --Samuel L

Comment

Originally posted by SouthSideChiDomer View Post
                                                  This is so confusing to me. He lives in New Jersey, but is on a 7 on 7 team in the Chicago suburbs?
                                                  Yep. He’s even there right now working out with them.

Or should say, he was there today. Right now would be pretty late, lol
                                                  Last edited by Luckylucci; 01-04-2021, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenToTheGrave View Post
                                                    If book was 6'3" he'd basically be Jake Fromm, he went in the 5th.
                                                    Jake Fromm has 0 mobility and a grand total of 40 rushing yards in his career. Doesn’t sound a whole lot like Book.
                                                    .....Before I Get Out

Comment

Jake Fromm has 0 mobility and a grand total of 40 rushing yards in his career. Doesn’t sound a whole lot like Book.
                                                      Yeah this. Saw that comment and thought, "But can Fromm even scramble?"

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                        Also, filmed this throwing session.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Thank you for the video, it was great meeting you! <a href="https://twitter.com/TomLoy247?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TomLoy247</a> <a href="https://t.co/fKrqsJbhMU">https://t.co/fKrqsJbhMU</a></p>&mdash; Steve Angeli (@SteveAngeli_125) <a href="https://twitter.com/SteveAngeli_125/status/1343288244130246657?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 27, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                        Not a tight ball and is off target in several. For pitch and catch that shouldn't happen.
                                                        I used to be D-BOE34 but I can't login for some reason. Will someone donate some vBucks?

Comment

Originally posted by DONALDIII View Post
                                                          Not a tight ball and is off target in several. For pitch and catch that shouldn't happen.
                                                          We had opposing takeaways. Kids got a whip, looked extremely confident, and was throwing some great balls.

Comment

I'm not too concerned about the off target because it was almost definitely his first time throwing to those receivers.

The wobble on the ball does concern me, but Loy said this in the comment section:

"2) Arm strength is absolutely there. I want to see him spin it a little better, but he may have just been pressing a bit trying to make an impression. My assumption is he was squeezing the ball a little bit too much, but he definitely got better as the day went on."

I doubt the staff hasn't seen the video, so if they have any concerns about it, they probably wouldn't take a commitment without watching him throw for them. Hopefully the NCAA gets things back to the normal calendar this summer so we can have our camp, because I want to get some more impressions of him compared to some of our other targets. He has some good offers, but kind of weirdly did not have great stats this season.

Comment

Yeah, but they're both white, so if in the world of internet football evaluation it is the low hanging comparison fruit you sometimes feel the need to run with.

As for Angeli, is his Ohio State offer commitable?
                                                              It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
                                                                Yeah, but they're both white, so if in the world of internet football evaluation it is the low hanging comparison fruit you sometimes feel the need to run with.

They recently pulled the top QB in the class so I doubt it ever was.

Comment

Originally posted by Pops Freshenmeyer View Post
                                                                  They recently pulled the top QB in the class so I doubt it ever was.
                                                                  I feel less inspired by him, then, thank you.

Having an elite QB is what it all boils down to. I had pinned all my hopes and dreams for ND on another kid from Jersey but it didn't quite work out with Brandon Wimbush. The mobility, the cannon arm...thought we had it all with him.
                                                                  It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

Not a tight ball
                                                                    Not everyone can throw like Warren Moon. Peyton Manning was notorious for throwing wobbly balls. He turned out fine.

FWIW, he does need to tighten that up, and as some have pointed out kid was probably pressing and had never worked with his WRs. But on the flutter ball? That won't spook ND. He gets the ball there and can make all the throws. The other stuff can be worked on.

Comment

Originally posted by smw6230 View Post
                                                                      Not everyone can throw like Warren Moon. Peyton Manning was notorious for throwing wobbly balls. He turned out fine.

FWIW, he does need to tighten that up, and as some have pointed out kid was probably pressing and had never worked with his WRs. But on the flutter ball? That won't spook ND. He gets the ball there and can make all the throws. The other stuff can be worked on.
                                                                      I'm a round 5ft 9in with asthma. Give me 3 WR and I can throw the ball as well as this kid is. People need to stop with the excuses. We're talking about pitch and catch here, not winning a 7on7 title or State Championship. The WR don't matter when you know it's just crossing routes. His ball is loose and he throws behind. Sorry but that doesn't scream "elite" to me. For all those about to comment "If the coaches like him then he is good enough for me".. no, the coaches are yet to get an Elite QB who can win us a big game. No reason to trust them here.
                                                                      I used to be D-BOE34 but I can't login for some reason. Will someone donate some vBucks?

Comment

I'm a round 5ft 9in with asthma. Give me 3 WR and I can throw the ball as well as this kid is. People need to stop with the excuses. We're talking about pitch and catch here, not winning a 7on7 title or State Championship. The WR don't matter when you know it's just crossing routes. His ball is loose and he throws behind. Sorry but that doesn't scream "elite" to me. For all those about to comment "If the coaches like him then he is good enough for me".. no, the coaches are yet to get an Elite QB who can win us a big game. No reason to trust them here.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess you are closer to 5'6.

And super asthmatic.

Comment

Take another shot of that inhaler..and if the 1st Clemson game wasn't a "big game" I don't know what is.

Comment

Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post
                                                                            Take another shot of that inhaler..and if the 1st Clemson game wasn't a "big game" I don't know what is.
                                                                            Was very happy with the win but it was clear in Round 2 that the starters on Defense missing was a very big deal.

Comment

• #88
                                                                              Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post

I'm beginning to wonder if the ND offer is committable. He's sounded like he's ready to commit for months, but hasn't. I guess neither side will admit it if its true.

Comment

• #89
                                                                                Was very happy with the win but it was clear in Round 2 that the starters on Defense missing was a very big deal.
                                                                                Hard to make that judgement when ND lost its starting center between the two games... taking away what was ND's greatest offensive strength allowed the Clemson D to do a lot more that it couldn't do against our original OLine / Offense generally.

Comment

• #90
                                                                                  The Clemson we beat was still comfortably a top ten team, maybe even top five. Just not top three is all.

Comment

• #91
                                                                                    Nothing against the kid, but I'm hoping we'll be a little more picky at QB and land one a little more dual threat

Comment

• #92
                                                                                      Last edited by IrishLion; 02-18-2021, 12:30 AM.
                                                                                      What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #93
                                                                                        I never officially CB'd him. So that's why it didn't happen.

Time to move on.

Comment

• #94
                                                                                          Rutgers guy gave Angeli a CB-7 to ND.

He was wrong about Estime.

Comment

• #95
                                                                                            Am I the only one who feels he would have committed already if he was a take? I’m more for Wimsatt or Allar but if it was really first come first serve I feel he would have pulled the trigger already

Comment

• #96
                                                                                              Originally posted by NDisme View Post
                                                                                              Am I the only one who feels he would have committed already if he was a take? I’m more for Wimsatt or Allar but if it was really first come first serve I feel he would have pulled the trigger already
                                                                                              I would tend to agree on a normal year but the lack of chances to visit campuses just makes things so messed up nowadays

Comment

• #97
                                                                                                Was supposed to be competing for the starting QB job with Boom at the NFA7v7 East Regional. But, he didn't make the trip.

Comment

• #98
                                                                                                  Wiltfong said missing this weekend was a “flight issue”

Comment

• #99
                                                                                                    offered by Arizona
                                                                                                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Committed. Steve is your 2022 Irish QB

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X