Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'22 MI OLB Joshua Burnham (Notre Dame Verbal)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '22 MI OLB Joshua Burnham (Notre Dame Verbal)

EARLY ENROLLEE
    Outside Linebacker
    Traverse City, MI
    Central

Measurements:
    Ht: 6'3"
    Wt: 205

Rankings:
    247.........................93..........Nat: 85......St: 2.....Pos: 6
    247comp................9520......Nat: 115.....St: 2.....Pos: 9
    ESPN.....................83..........Nat: 162.....St: 2 ....Pos: 18
    Rivals.....................5.9.........Nat: 141.....St: 3.....Pos: 5

Offers:
    Alabama
    Buffalo
    Central Michigan
    Cincinnati
    Indiana
    Iowa
    Michigan
    Michigan State
    Nebraska
    Notre Dame
    Ohio State
    Western Michigan
    Wisconsin

Highlights:
    https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1116949...f51404a8fd2ac4
    Last edited by NDCrusader; 06-23-2021, 07:19 PM.
    "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Out of the blue CBs from Loy and wiltfong for ND this AM. 6 previous CBs to mich mostly a year old. What happened?

Comment

Becasue Michigan is a
      "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

Test

"Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post
          Out of the blue CBs from Loy and wiltfong for ND this AM. 6 previous CBs to mich mostly a year old. What happened?
          Marcus Freeman happened!!
          Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Yes, Coach Freeman happened and will continue to happen.

Comment

[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/JoshuaBurnham20/status/1356008738482774018[/TWITTER]

An underrated part of this recruitment, the Detroit Free Press listed him as a Michigan commit in their all-state team story. It's like flipping a Michigan guy without having the foul taste of him having actually been committed to that dump.

Comment

SCUM going hard after in state talent this cycle, already got Will Johnson there over the weekend
                What did Davonte do?

Comment

This sniffs of being a done deal.

Comment

It sure does and would be an exciting addition, he's a stud LB prospect. And just so nobody complains that Jamie U at ISD overrates ND commits, he's got Mr. Burnham in the ISD Fab 50, sitting at #29 overall.

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                      This sniffs of being a done deal.

To this point, Freeman at ISD has a premium article where he explains putting in his pick as well.

The latest on a priority 2022 target | Irish Sports Daily

I wonder if getting Burnham would slow down the pursuit of Junior. I don't see anyway they slow down the recruitments of Cheeks or Jackson.

Comment

I don't see anyway they slow down the recruitments of Cheeks or Jackson.
                        with ziegler already on boad and if ND lands burnham, it would seem that the trio of Tuihalamaka, Cheeks and Jackson wont happen and that imo would be a darn shame.

Comment

Well, Burnham is arguably the best prospect of the bunch so I don’t know it’s that big of a deal. Personally, Junior is the one I’d leave out.

I’d have it as:
                          jackson
                          burnham
                          cheeks
                          junior
                          Ziegler

Note: this could change based on how well Cheeks looks this Spring. He just hasn’t played much but he looks insanely impressive. We’ll see.

Comment

IMO this class is going to be much bigger than people expecting going into the ‘22 recruiting class just as it was last year when the class ended much bigger than what they thought was possible. As ND stay consistently better and is adding better talent year in and year out more and more players are going to move on to see playing time.

That said aid and with poor LB recruiting over the last few seasons I believe we are going to see a large LB class.

Burnham is a Top 5 OLB

Tuihalamaka is one of the best MLB if not the best in the class

Ziegler is the “Athlete” of the bunch and also IMO the most underrated. He’s the “wildcard” because he’s the prospect that could easily be a SS, Rover, OLB as well as a new school MLB to Tuihalamaka‘s old school MLB.

Jackson is pure speed who’s without question a Rover prospect.

Cheeks like Jackson could really thrive as a Rover. but more so than Jackson I could see him as the traditional OLB as well.

ND needs to get better and better talent and depth if they want to make the next step and with the lack of LB’s in recent classes they’ve got to get great to elite talent when they can and the time is now if you can get these guys.

Last edited by Ricochet; 03-03-2021, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Committing 3/17. Lock.

Comment

Webb (Michigan) flipped his CB to ND and Trieu downgraded the confidence it looks like but still Michigan at the moment for Trieu

Last edited by Dale; 03-09-2021, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Committing on St. Patrick's Day, this surely won't be for the skunkbears.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                    Committing on St. Patrick's Day, this surely won't be for the skunkbears.
                                    Or it's Braiden McGregor recruitment level trolling.

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post

Or it's Braiden McGregor recruitment level trolling.

Comment

The CBs are rolling in on 247.

Comment

I think this has been a done deal for some time now. I would guess we hear about a self guided tour that sealed the deal during his commitment round up.

Comment

Ziegler was always going to be ND but I find it kinda funny we nabbed Ziegler and Burnham from MI while they might nab Morris and Brown from Chicago. So much for home turf

Comment

Burnham = Danny Spond 2.0.
                                              What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                That's it?

Hopefully he's a cross between a healthy Jack Lamb and... Luke Kuechly.

Comment

If that's it then that's a shame, I liked Danny Spond and felt bad that the migraines really made an impact on his career but I'm hoping spond is closer to the floor not the ceiling. I think he's much more athletic

Comment

Well, he did say Spond 2.0. So that means a much better version of Spond and Spond was a pretty good collegiate LB when healthy. I get the comparisons as a HS QB/LB. The 2.0 comes in as Burnham seems much longer than Spond and more explosive and fast.

Comment

So, he might be Danny Spond 3.0. He's either much longer than I expected or this is very impressive explosiveness for a 6'3 LB.

(3) TC Trojan S&C on Twitter: "⁦@JoshuaBurnham20⁩ with the put back dunk ⁦@TCCHSAthletics⁩ ⁦@TCCBoysBball⁩ https://t.co/wCutUMImrB" / Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                                        Becasue Michigan is a
                                                        Reminds me of a quick exit from a sorority house one early morning back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
                                                          Webb (Michigan) flipped his CB to ND and Trieu downgraded the confidence it looks like but still Michigan at the moment for Trieu
                                                          no more, now Trieu flipped to ND

Comment

Originally posted by texbender View Post

Reminds me of a quick exit from a sorority house one early morning back in the day.
                                                            Do tell good sir

Comment

Gotta love the way this is trending.

Comment

Last edited by clashmore_mike; 03-14-2021, 04:11 PM.

Comment

So the embeds weren't working when I posted the link before. Everyone has got to see these. This dude is a heck of a LB prospect. Who was the last LB prospect that was doing this?

Comment

Comment

Comment

So the embeds weren't working when I posted the link before. Everyone has got to see these. This dude is a heck of a LB prospect. Who was the last LB prospect that was doing this?

If we're talking somebody who played some linebacker in college, Harrison Smith was known to destroy basketball hoops in Knoxville.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post

If we're talking somebody who played some linebacker in college, Harrison Smith was known to destroy basketball hoops in Knoxville.
                                                                          Yeah.... HS was a really good athlete. Might turn out to be a NFL HoF one day.

Comment

I think JOK had some highlight dunks as a HS baller. And we know how that turned out.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              I think JOK had some highlight dunks as a HS baller. And we know how that turned out.
                                                                              Lea noted his “twitch” playing basketball in his eval. I think it was NBC segment

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post

Do tell good sir
                                                                                The Tri Delta house was never the same, and I never was able to gain access again. But Ginny and Jean remained on the "A" list. The good ol' days......

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  think BK and some of the staff actually scouted him playing basketball
                                                                                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #42

think BK and some of the staff actually scouted him playing basketball
                                                                                    Maybe, not sure.
                                                                                    But they 100% did with Claypool, who was a stud lol

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      If we're going to talk about HS dunks, Davaris takes the cake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0C9Fd_Ig0
                                                                                      Last edited by BeauBenken; 03-15-2021, 05:23 PM. Reason: Sorry, trying to embed this video for you and even I am having difficulty with it. Going to look into that now.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        As I said, Lea addressed JOK and basketball:

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...ah--147186974/

Honestly, we were recruiting him and offered him and were hard on him before this, but I went and watched him play basketball and the twitch was unbelievable. It wasn't just the ability to jump. I'm watching him crossover dribble in warm ups and just his head and shoulders and the way he moved, it was so evident to me that he had elite twitch, short-area movement skill that through our system for developing the position, it has only increased. I think those things, combined with his natural abilities and his work ethic, have put them in position to hopefully have a fruitful, productive career for us. He's a great case study and a guy that is easy to kind of push to the side just because there's so much unknown when you look at the position, and when you look at size, but trust that we have the best strength coach in the country here. We're going to trust in his ability to pack weight on. Again, we see those essential, fundamental, foundational components. Short-area quickness, explosive twitch, the ability to key and diagnose, to find the ball in windows, to knock it down at or behind the line of scrimmage. Those are the things that get our alarms going off and get us excited about recruiting a guy.”

Comment

• #45

Odd that I could get the video embed to work in my post but not in the above post that I tried to edit. I'll look into this a bit more.

Comment

• #46

Hmmm...

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post

Hmmm...
                                                                                              Every assistant and staff member just tweeted the same thing
                                                                                              Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                They usually send a hefty mail/graphic blast to targets I believe

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  I dunno, same thing happened about 20 minutes before Mickey's commitment went public.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                                                                                                    I dunno, same thing happened about 20 minutes before Mickey's commitment went public.
                                                                                                    was just gonna say that, although im sure they will be doing their mass mailing of a bunch of recruiting stuff that day as well.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X