'22 VA OT Zach Rice (Offer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dale View Post

The Mayor is on the case in more than just a social media way and Singer hearing some possible real legs not just enjoyed the visit
    I get that but anytime I see that there’s a mention of “not a good fit”, it never ends well.
    I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDBoiler View Post

I get that but anytime I see that there’s a mention of “not a good fit”, it never ends well.
      Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
      folks on ISD podcast made it sound like Rice has/had "work to do" to become a fit for ND, guessing academics
      I think these already imply two different things.

One thing just reading back through this thread, things went south when mentions of this local OL Coach that is a rabid UNC guy started popping up. Rice’s visit was his Mom and Uncle so a “handler” would usually go on OVs (apparently ND is only letting family) so not sure if that coach is still a large part here or no.

Comment

• I didn’t expect to steer the Rice ship but here we are again (I don’t think we land him just the messenger). He seems almost enamored with he could replicate Fisher, even though Fisher has yet to play a snap. Check the location. Talked about how Balis/Quinn talk the talk of already getting Fisher ready to go from his early enrollment

Comment

• Does he realize Alt will be 6-10/400 when Fisher goes #1 in the '24 draft?

Comment

• Seeing him and Fish becoming buddy buddy on Twitter.
            Check out my blog building4thefuture.blogspot.com. Its all sports. Irish, NFL DRAFT PROSPECT PREVIEWS, Mets, Mavericks, and Islanders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• If somehow the trade off is Rice from Singleton, I’d take that in a heartbeat. Here’s hoping
              Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

• Originally posted by BabyIrish View Post
                If somehow the trade off is Rice from Singleton, I’d take that in a heartbeat. Here’s hoping
                It's not a zero sum game, but I too would take it.

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                  folks on ISD podcast made it sound like Rice has/had "work to do" to become a fit for ND, guessing academics
                  Usually is academics, so the question is, "Is it grades or is it a class or two and is he willing to put in the effort?"

Comment

• Four things

FIRST, this is her Mission Statement.

Mission Statement
                    Reaching Individuals and Children for Empowerment through ethically based, clinically sound therapeutic services. Our mission is to meet the children and families on “their level” to facilitate change necessary to restore the family to a higher level of functioning. It is our mission to educate, empower and facilitate clinical intervention targeted at promoting healthy family dynamics and interpersonal coping strategies.

We aim to be the catalyst for change that promotes life altering functioning ability.

We constantly work to decrease the need of clinical services and empower the family to reach their goals and have the confidence to carry on their skills long after services are terminated.

that is Mary Rice's Mission Statement. Her firm's website, and associates, are intriguing

SECOND,
                    Mary Rice attended, with her BABY BOY, Zach, Amber Keeling's presentation during the recruiting visit
                    Game recognizes game. Or not.

15 minutes in, Mary Rice, I'd surmise, had determined if Amber Keeling is the real deal or as yet not at the top level. Only Mary Rice knows that.

THIRD
                    Because of her work, Mary Rice has an answer ready, IF and only IF, he son comes to her and asks her
                    "Mom, where, in your judgement, is the BEST place for me to go to play college football???"

"their level" is a massive, and, frankly, elegant tell of how Mary feels about letting a teen figure things out on his own. She may not offer her recommendation unless asked SPECIFICALLY

FOURTH
                    Zach Rice gave us a massive tell when he said the ND visit "made his decision more difficult." He did not say more confusing, or more complicated, or more interesting. .
                    He said difficult. Those who believe he is predisposed to Chapel Hill can offer this as evidence that he is leaning toward wearing Carolina Blue.

.It is less than50% probable that Zach chooses NDl
                    But if he does, the key will be Mary Rice. To paraphrase Orwell, "All football Mommies are different, but Mary Rice is more different than others.".

After all, only at ND, just as in Lynchburg, can "Mary" look down on her son.:.

Comment

• If education is really important to someone, how can they consider a school with a history of fake classes?

Comment

• Originally posted by dad4aa View Post
                        If education is really important to someone, how can they consider a school with a history of fake classes?
                        Because more times than not when a kid says the education matters it's just lip service.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDBoiler View Post

slight amendment, is SELDOM ends well,.

Once upon a time, Loy declared that Robert Hainsey was not a fit at Notre Dame.

About three weeks later, Hainsey committed to Notre Dame. How did that work out?

But here is a pivotal question. The coach of Rice is a UNC advocate.
                          We have Blake Fisher.

right now, a month from now, the eve of his commitment
                          Who does/will Zach Rice trust more.

the UNC fan coach or.
                          Blake Fisher..

Comment

• It’s more complicated than that.

Comment

• This is going to come down to work off the field for Rice. He's a 5* kid that can go wherever he wants. Is he willing to put in the work to get in to ND, or is it just easier to be the local hero and hit Chapel Hill?

This situation very SELDOMLY works out well for ND.

Side note: I think this is a down year at OL. Rice is not a 5* prospect in most years. If he picks ND....great, and I will feel the exact same way. You watch 4* Ronnie Stanley's film and it's not even close, IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish Man3 View Post
                                This is going to come down to work off the field for Rice. He's a 5* kid that can go wherever he wants. Is he willing to put in the work to get in to ND, or is it just easier to be the local hero and hit Chapel Hill?

This situation very SELDOMLY works out well for ND.

Side note: I think this is a down year at OL. Rice is not a 5* prospect in most years. If he picks ND....great, and I will feel the exact same way. You watch 4* Ronnie Stanley's film and it's not even close, IMO.
                                That's not how recruiting rankings work. There is no set number of 5* lineman every year or even set number of 5*'s at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by benneboy View Post

That's not how recruiting rankings work. There is no set number of 5* lineman every year or even set number of 5*'s at all.
                                  It is absolutely how recruiting works. I'm well aware there isn't a set number of 5* rankings given out. However, when you're comparing across the board and it's a down year at a certain position, that's exactly how it works. My point is that in a deeper class, he's not a 5* talent in comparison.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish Man3 View Post

It is absolutely how recruiting works. I'm well aware there isn't a set number of 5* rankings given out. However, when you're comparing across the board and it's a down year at a certain position, that's exactly how it works. My point is that in a deeper class, he's not a 5* talent in comparison.
                                    Your point might make sense if you were talking about the 22 class as a whole, not just OL, because 247 DOES have a set number of 5*s every year. 32. Even then the #1 OL could be ranked at #80 Nationally. So basically if they didn't think he could be a potential 1st rd pick, he wouldn't be ranked so high. It doesn't matter how deep the OL class is. Stanley was underrated, has nothing to do with the 22 class. Rice is closer to Fishers style of play than he is Stanelys so thats where the comparison should be anyway. I think Blake is the better prospect but Rice isn't too far behind.
                                    Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog!

Comment

• No wonder Zach Rice is going to UNC. He's watching this OL and realizing he could start day 1 because they are not good at all

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                        No wonder Zach Rice is going to UNC. He's watching this OL and realizing he could start right now because they are not good at all
                                        FIFY
                                        60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                          No wonder Zach Rice is going to UNC. He's watching this OL and realizing he could start day 1 because they are not good at all
                                          I think there is another reason he’s going to UNC but it’s funny he’s probably sitting at home watching the game with his coach as all the hype has evaporated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

I think there is another reason he’s going to UNC but it’s funny he’s probably sitting at home watching the game with his coach as all the hype has evaporated.
                                            Oh yes, almost definitely

Comment

• SIAP, mods delete if so.
                                              Thought this was cool.

Comment

• Somebody tell this dude he will start next year if he signs up.

'Cause he will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Huntr View Post
                                                  Somebody tell this dude he will start next year if he signs up.

'Cause he will.
                                                  Over Fisher? Nah lol. Over Alt at RT? I doubt it.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                  Working...
                                                  X