'22 VA OT Zach Rice (Offer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale View Post

His last 247 update made it seem like he seemingly had a school as his leader and shut everyone else out. Only recently has it opened back up. I doubt we were that leader so good sign, I’d guess somewhere he’s visited like UNC was that school
    UNC was definitely the team to beat. My guess is the momentum from UNC’s demolition of Miami has dissipated and other schools are hammering away at UNC’s dismal track record at producing NFL talent along the OL.

UNC has had 5 OL drafted in the last decade. ND could hit 4 in this draft alone. Their lone 1st rounder, Jonathan Cooper, has been a bust. Our 1st rounders are two potential Hall of Fame Guards, one of the highest paid LTs in the league, and a RT who started on a Super Bowl team in 2020.

It will be a dog fight down the stretch and my guess is we don’t end up landing him, but I’d hate to lose him to a team like UNC that can’t hold our jockstrap when it comes to developing Offensive Linemen.

Comment

This has handler written all over it. Make it look like other programs have a chance and then end up at the coaches favorite program. Just my 2 cents on the matter. I pretty much moved on from this once I realized how vocal that guy was about UNC. I'm all in on the group of Wagner, Schrauth, and Taylor. After last years haul we only need 2 but would probably take all 3. I'm with Crus in that I'd be shocked if we didn't get Schrauth and at least one of Wagner/Taylor.

Comment

Made his top 5.

UVA, North Carolina, Alabama, Ohio State, Notre Dame.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
          This has handler written all over it. Make it look like other programs have a chance and then end up at the coaches favorite program. Just my 2 cents on the matter. I pretty much moved on from this once I realized how vocal that guy was about UNC. I'm all in on the group of Wagner, Schrauth, and Taylor. After last years haul we only need 2 but would probably take all 3. I'm with Crus in that I'd be shocked if we didn't get Schrauth and at least one of Wagner/Taylor.
          Well, he went from a top-3 to a top-5, so he seems to be working backwards.

Maybe it's a sign that someone told him he should look around and not just focus on one school that certain parties are partial to lol

Comment

I wanted to be fired up about him. I really did.

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
              I wanted to be fired up about him. I really did.
              Unc or Ohio St battle I'm guessing.

Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Brian Dohn thinks UVa leads currently:

Dohn believes that Virginia has a little bit of a lead right now because of the close ties he has to the school and the football program. He grew up going to Cavalier games, his grandfather went to Virginia, and he has a great relationship with the staff members in Charlottesville.

Link:
                https://247sports.com/Article/The-Sc...ohn-163060188/

Comment

Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post

Dohn believes that Virginia has a little bit of a lead right now because of the close ties he has to the school and the football program. He grew up going to Cavalier games, his grandfather went to Virginia, and he has a great relationship with the staff members in Charlottesville.

Link:
                  Don't know the kid but I've seen these recruitments 1000 times before. This is the 4th different school thought to be be leader in a short time frame. Probably time to turn the page as these rarely end up playing out well for ND.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Man3 View Post

Don't know the kid but I've seen these recruitments 1000 times before. This is the 4th different school thought to be be leader in a short time frame. Probably time to turn the page as these rarely end up playing out well for ND.
                    I'm there with ya. I've long thought this was all a smoke screen so his "coach" doesn't take any heat for him ultimately landing at UNC.

Comment

Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post

Link:
                      Zach should let the results of this next season dictate ND's fate for his recruitment. IF the Irish beat both UNC and UVa, then he chooses ND. ND loses to either (or both), then he can have his pick between the other 2.

Comment

Originally posted by irish4ever View Post

Zach should let the results of this next season dictate ND's fate for his recruitment. IF the Irish beat both UNC and UVa, then he chooses ND. ND loses to either (or both), then he can have his pick between the other 2.
                        Why let one season dictate? Our 22-2 record against those two should do all the talking we need. If he wants to play for a tune-up game program, let him.

Comment

that would be up there with that DT who chose Houston over everyone a few years ago. I still say BAMA.

Comment

Final OV, June 27th per Dohn.

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...ing-165004949/

hey can’t hurt?

Comment

Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
                              that would be up there with that DT who chose Houston over everyone a few years ago. I still say BAMA.
                              Ed Oliver lol, don't ever getting me fucking started on that guy, Quentin Nelson got screwed out of the Outland Trophy because of him
                              What did Davonte do?

Comment

[/TWEET]
                                Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog!

Comment

Originally posted by GUknights75 View Post
                                  [/TWEET]
                                  Hi GU, I don't know what you were trying to post but you've piqued my interest

Comment

Probably this:

His film contains 115 pancakes apparently.
                                    "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

"From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

So Tar Heels it is. Thanks for the heads up Mary.

Comment

I'm fairly certain we know how this ends at signing day but how does this end.....

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X