Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'22 VA DE Aiden Gobaira (Notre Dame Verbal)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #52
    It’ll be interesting if they continue to go after Wesolak or more in the mold of a Tafiti/Moss ROLB.

    Personally I think they are recruiting to 3 profiles Big End, WDE, and Vyper. They have the first 2 and need the 3. Moss and Tafiti seem to fit the 3rd better than Wesolak but he might be too good to pass up. I guess we’ll see.

    Comment


    • #53
      Yeah I find it all interesting too.

      Do they still take either Bauman or Hamm?

      How many of Wesolak, Moss, Tafiti (vyper/ROLB) do they take?
      - when considering their positions with Cheeks, Jackson, and other OLBs?

      However it works out, I have confidence Freeman will fill his compliment of players rather than miss positions he wanted bodies at. Could be a big number...
      Last edited by NewEnglandGuy; 02-07-2021, 08:04 AM.

      Comment


      • #54
        Originally posted by NewEnglandGuy View Post
        Yeah I find it all interesting too.

        Do they still take either Bauman or Hamm?

        How many of Wesolak, Moss, Tafiti (vyper/ROLB) do they take?
        - when considering their positions with Cheeks, Jackson, and other OLBs?

        However it works out, I have confidence Freeman will fill his complete of players and not miss positions he wanted bodies at. Could be a big number...
        DE
        .9785 4* Cyrus Moss
        .9151 4* Tevarua Tafiti
        .8854 3* DJ Wesolak

        DT
        .9644 4* Caden Curry
        .9164 4* KJ Miles
        .9143 4* Isaac Hamm
        .8789 3* Donovan Hinish

        I'm hoping for one more DE and two DT's in the remaining class. Honestly, if that is who ND's going for at DE then you really can't go wrong or be mad about any of the three. They are all studs. DT I really don't know much but I hope they recruit Isaac Hamm for DT because if he's amenable to it then I think a 6'5'' 300+lb guy at DT is always helpful. Very curious to know what's up with Caden Curry. I'd bet he's a little miffed that Elston didn't offer him a while ago because he didn't fit his profile, but I guess we'll see. Very exciting times for DL recruiting in the 2022 cycle!

        Comment


        • #55
          I think you could add Lucas and Artis to that list at DT. In fact, Artis is my #1 want at the position.

          Comment


          • #56
            Nice pick up by the Irish!!

            When can we say that Elston and Freeman have become the best tag team recruiters?

            Comment


            • #57
              Solid pick up. Keep the trenches fully stocked.

              Comment


              • #58
                Had his first game last night. Looked pretty good.

                Edison High School - Aiden GOBAIRA highlights - Hudl

                Comment


                • #59
                  Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                  Had his first game last night. Looked pretty good.

                  Edison High School - Aiden GOBAIRA highlights - Hudl
                  Tuesday Night Football?
                  What did Davonte do?

                  Comment


                  • #60
                    Yup. What? You never heard of Tuesday Night Lights?

                    Comment


                    • #61
                      Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                      Yup. What? You never heard of Tuesday Night Lights?
                      its known as #MACtion in these parts
                      What did Davonte do?

                      Comment


                      • #62
                        There is just no way this guy doesn’t become at least a 91-92ish rated 4star DE. Dude is long, quick, and active.

                        https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1252375...6e5b0570a1495b
                        Last edited by Luckylucci; 03-07-2021, 02:37 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #63
                          Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                          There is just no way this guy doesn’t become at least a 91-92ish rated 4star DE. Dude is long, quick, and active.

                          https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1252375...6e5b0570a1495b
                          No doubt! Stud!


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                          • #64
                            :35 second mark was most impressive rep in the tape to me
                            Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

                            Comment


                            • #65
                              Week 3

                              https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1252375...a98008d0d48018

                              Comment


                              • #66
                                That poor team. They couldn't block him. And that special teams play was something.
                                "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                                Comment


                                • #67
                                  I just don't see how each of the three recruiting services don't move him into the top 250 when they update their rankings after the spring football season. Aiden right now is the recruit I'm most excited about in this class.

                                  Comment


                                  • #68
                                    Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                    That poor team. They couldn't block him. And that special teams play was something.
                                    Yeah that was something real special...

                                    Comment


                                    • #69
                                      Was really impressed with his burst off the ball in that video. Not sure how elite that competition level was
                                      Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

                                      Comment


                                      • #70
                                        Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                        Was really impressed with his burst off the ball in that video. Not sure how elite that competition level was
                                        Right there with ya. In all 3 of his games so far this year he's flashed high level quickness or twitchiness off the ball that should translate well as he develops in college. You combine that with a very long athletic frame and he should be good to go.

                                        Comment


                                        • #71
                                          Finally starting to get the pub he deserves. Kid looks really good this season. Brian Dohn from 247 is pushing for a ratings bump here.

                                          https://247sports.com/college/notre-...ing-162585153/

                                          https://247sports.com/college/notre-...0/#162551260_1

                                          Comment


                                          • #72
                                            I always want our guys to be rated higher but I usually don't care, especially as it relates to d line recruiting.
                                            Whatever Elston has been doing the last 5 years has been amazing. So I have no second thoughts about any of our d line offers and commits.
                                            Can't wait for all of them to show up on campus
                                            Love Thee Notre Dame!

                                            Comment


                                            • #73
                                              He’s good at football.

                                              https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1252375...f6561b1025e129

                                              Comment


                                              • #74
                                                Dear oh dear, I bet he ends up with Bama and Clemson offers.

                                                Comment


                                                • #75
                                                  Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                  The bullrush through two defenders before making his way to the QB and subsequently forcing a bad throw and pick is prolly my favorite.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #76
                                                    Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                    This is some king kong sh!t

                                                    Comment


                                                    • #77
                                                      Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                      GAME WRECKER!! He is looking more like a top 100 talent every game.
                                                      Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog!

                                                      Comment


                                                      • #78
                                                        Originally posted by GUknights75 View Post

                                                        GAME WRECKER!! He is looking more like a top 100 talent every game.
                                                        It’ll be interesting to see how high 247 takes him. As I’ve mentioned, his regions evaluator, Brian Dohn, is really pushing him of late. They re-rate next month, per Dohn.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • #79
                                                          Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
                                                          Dear oh dear, I bet he ends up with Bama and Clemson offers.
                                                          ...but we'll never know cuz he'll never tweet 'em.

                                                          Comment


                                                          • #80
                                                            Full Mid-Season Highlights

                                                            Mid-Season Junior Highlights - Aiden GOBAIRA highlights - Hudl

                                                            Comment


                                                            • #81
                                                              What did Davonte do?

                                                              Comment


                                                              • #82
                                                                Virginia plays Thursday Night Football? Seems very strange to me

                                                                Comment


                                                                • #83
                                                                  Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                                  Virginia plays Thursday Night Football? Seems very strange to me
                                                                  lol he played on a Tuesday earlier in season too
                                                                  What did Davonte do?

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • #84
                                                                    I’m not 100% positive on this but I think it has to do with the Covid shortened season. Felt like I read that when their season kicked off. Could be wrong though

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • #85
                                                                      Originally posted by dublinirish View Post

                                                                      lol he played on a Tuesday earlier in season too
                                                                      Virginia just loves them some MACtion

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • #86
                                                                        Here’s the full game highlights.

                                                                        https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1252375...6ba313d448a41f

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • #87
                                                                          Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                                          Virginia plays Thursday Night Football? Seems very strange to me
                                                                          All of our schedules are fucked this year because of COVID.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • #88
                                                                            This has been pretty telegraphed but will be fun to see where he ends up.

                                                                            https://247sports.com/college/notre-...7/#164209217_3

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • #89
                                                                              IN an interview with Hansen of the SBT Wiltfong flat out said Gobaria with be a four star when they do thier next update.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • #90
                                                                                Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post
                                                                                IN an interview with Hansen of the SBT Wiltfong flat out said Gobaria with be a four star when they do thier next update.
                                                                                He's close to a 4 star now, the question is how high does he go? .9100 or a slight bump? or does he jump around the .9500 realm? His season, in my eyes, justifies a massive rise in the rankings, well into the top 200 if not the top 150. We'll see how they view it.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • #91
                                                                                  I'd put him at a 95 / Top 100.

                                                                                  Like trait said, this season's production/film makes him one of those handful of guys that go into the stratosphere... and if he somehow takes another step and flips to Ohio State, he's the next 5* Bosa.

                                                                                  Not sure why I put that in italics.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • #92
                                                                                    I get why Gobaira and Agu were 3-stars, but watching Gobaira's junior film...it's insane how, not only is he a big dude, he can move like that.

                                                                                    6'6 guys should not be able to move like he can in his highlight tapes. Same with Agu. It's no surprise that ND didn't wait for Wesolak or Moss when accepting their commitments.

                                                                                    Both of these guys I can see as fast movers, especially when their senior seasons begin and they start dominating. Agu especially is just getting started.
                                                                                    It's Just a Ride.

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • #93
                                                                                      I know little to nothing on talent evaluation, but of our current commits, his highlights to me are by far the most impressive
                                                                                      Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • #94
                                                                                        Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                                                        I'd put him at a 95 / Top 100.

                                                                                        Like trait said, this season's production/film makes him one of those handful of guys that go into the stratosphere... and if he somehow takes another step and flips to Ohio State, he's the next 5* Bosa.

                                                                                        Not sure why I put that in italics.
                                                                                        Same, he’s a mid 90’s guy. .94/.96 rating somewhere between top 75 and 150. Length, twitch, and motor.

                                                                                        Comment

                                                                                        Adsense

                                                                                        Collapse
                                                                                        Working...
                                                                                        X