No announcement yet.

'22 WI OG Billy Schrauth (Offer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It justs a gif of Will Farrell saying “everybody love everybody” from that basketball movie he did.

Subscribers are trying to figure out what it means.

Comment

• And, I don’t know what Flood has been up too but he just posted 3hrs ago “hearing Schrauth was at ND over the weekend”. As in that’s the first update their board has got on this situation. Seems rather odd to say the least.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
        And, I don’t know what Flood has been up too but he just posted 3hrs ago “hearing Schrauth was at ND over the weekend”. As in that’s the first update their board has got on this situation. Seems rather odd to say the least.
        He is the only holdout not to flip his pick back to ND.
        With the lack of info being put out on the ND sites I wonder if Schrauth committed & asked to keep it under wraps? I figured by now there would be huge updates from Loy and Singer on a few players who are announcing soon.

Comment

• The Wisconsin board stuff was just UW writer Evan Flood starting new threads since the other ones were getting heated and got locked. The "hearing Schrauth was at ND over the weekend" was sarcasm and was certainly not the first update they got.

The only relevant bit of info from that board was that the visit this weekend did catch the UW staff by surprise and it is likely trending to ND.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reaper97 View Post
            So….the 247 Wisconsin site just put up a premium article in the last 20 or so minutes titled, “Billy Schrauth 3.0” that has a lot of upvotes?
            I’m sure nobody here has a subscription to that site, but curious what’s it about since they had multiple Schrauth articles recently since ND jumped back in front and now another article with upvotes?
            I wonder if it talks about it being over for them or if it talks about another twist?
            There isn't much information in the thread. The first post in the thread by Evan Flood, their 247 guy, is simply this gif with no other info:

A few posts later he said the Wisconsin staff was caught off guard by I assume his visit to ND and confidence was "heading south."

Comment

• Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
              A few posts later he said the Wisconsin staff was caught off guard by I assume his visit to ND and confidence was "heading south."
              We like to hear that.

Comment

With the lack of info being put out on the ND sites I wonder if Schrauth committed & asked to keep it under wraps? I figured by now there would be huge updates from Loy and Singer on a few players who are announcing soon.
                This. My feeling is exactly what you put forth. He’s aboard the Class of ‘22 train.

Comment

On the overall volume of updates I think part of that is Loy mentioned something about his wife’s birthday yesterday or today, Singer was at the game so I assume back to GA today and then travel for all the prospects as well.

Singer said he expects him to commit to ND in the next week.

It’s either a bit of a go home and think about it first or what you said

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                    And, I don’t know what Flood has been up too but he just posted 3hrs ago “hearing Schrauth was at ND over the weekend”. As in that’s the first update their board has got on this situation. Seems rather odd to say the least.
                    Heard there was a football game or something at ND Saturday? Anybody got the deets?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post

On the overall volume of updates I think part of that is Loy mentioned something about his wife’s birthday yesterday or today, Singer was at the game so I assume back to GA today and then travel for all the prospects as well.

Singer said he expects him to commit to ND in the next week.

It’s either a bit of a go home and think about it first or what you said
                      I didn’t think Singer was there? I thought he was in Florida at the Devin Moore game? I know a bunch of subscribers on Rivals were concerned he wasn’t in South Bend.

Comment

• Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post

Am I missing something? Should a recruit tell all schools he's interested in when he's going on a visit? It's not like he's committed to Wisconsin.

Comment

I didn’t think Singer was there? I thought he was in Florida at the Devin Moore game? I know a bunch of subscribers on Rivals were concerned he wasn’t in South Bend.
                          Nvm you’re right. I misread his post about the lights as he was in the press box Saturday when he was talking about Georgia in 2019

Comment

• Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post

Am I missing something? Should a recruit tell all schools he's interested in when he's going on a visit? It's not like he's committed to Wisconsin.
                            That's the thing. He might have been committed to Wisconsin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post

Nvm you’re right. I misread his post about the lights as he was in the press box Saturday when he was talking about Georgia in 2019
                              Yeah. I know a bunch of people who cover recruiting real closely were concerned both Singer & Ladky were not at the game. And Rivals never has National guys there like 247 will. Singer always talks about the 2019 VT game and how it was the biggest recruiting weekend for the past two classes, and how everyone was there. This past weekend was even bigger & he skipped it.

Comment

• Evidently he not only didn’t commit, but he didn’t give the staff any idea of what he is doing because he hasn’t decided yet.

Comment

Evidently he not only didn’t commit, but he didn’t give the staff any idea of what he is doing because he hasn’t decided yet.
                                  Hopefully this is just being coy.

If we end up #2 to Auburn for '23 LB, don't get Schrauth, and only move to "backup plan" for Howard Walker, going to be a bummer given the effort the staff put into it.

I think Xavier is a given to Iowa so I'm not even including him in the "bummer" spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishRazor82 View Post

If we end up #2 to Auburn for '23 LB, don't get Schrauth, and only move to "backup plan" for Howard Walker, going to be a bummer given the effort the staff put into it.

I think Xavier is a given to Iowa so I'm not even including him in the "bummer" spot.
                                    Those would be opposite of reports sans Walker. Still only lunch time on Monday

Comment

It would certainly be a bummer for the above to take place (though I think the chances of it happening are slim) but there is a lot more that can come of this weekend than the above.

What about '24 QB recruiting, getting both Carr and Sayin on campus. Both '23 RB's seem to be trending up, maybe way up for one of them. Continue to get top of the board '23 DB targets on campus. I mean, 2023 DB recruiting is going so well that 4 star CB Micah Bell from TX was on campus and nobody talks about it. The visitor list was loaded with storylines. Some of those may not play out until 2024 so we just have to be patient and see where it all goes.

Comment

• Looks like we're praying for LSU to hire Brady Hoke.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                          Looks like we're praying for LSU to hire Brady Hoke.
                                          I’m over here hoping USC looks at Hoke.

Comment

• Only CB movement since this weekend: Evan Flood just moved his confidence in the Badger pick up to 5, from a 3.

https://247sports.com/player/billy-schrauth-46096599/

Comment

Only CB movement since this weekend: Evan Flood just moved his confidence in the Badger pick up to 5, from a 3.

https://247sports.com/player/billy-schrauth-46096599/
                                              I’m curious as to why he did that? Because Schrauth didn’t commit while at ND, and he thinks Wisky will get him? Or because he already had his pick on Wisky so upped it to cater to the Wisky subscribers?

Comment

I’m curious as to why he did that? Because Schrauth didn’t commit while at ND, and he thinks Wisky will get him? Or because he already had his pick on Wisky so upped it to cater to the Wisky subscribers?
                                                No idea but it's not a good signal.

Comment

• I think Schrauth to ND is a matter of when, not if.
                                                  It's Just a Ride.

Comment

• Not surprised he didn't pop over the weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crazy Balki View Post
                                                      I think Schrauth to ND is a matter of when, not if.
                                                      That’s what everybody said over a year ago. Until he signs, I won’t believe he’s made up his mind.

Comment

He lowered it.
                                                        Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post

He lowered it.
                                                          I thought it went from a 3 to a 5 for Wisky? So he raised it?

Comment

• He raised it from 3 to 5. I checked ~9am this morning and it was a 3. At ~1pm it was a 5.

Comment

• The Rivals guy switched to ND

Comment

I thought it went from a 3 to a 5 for Wisky? So he raised it?
                                                                Thank for helping my poor reading comprehension. Perhaps his thought is that there was no on campus commitment so that's a positive for wiscy.
                                                                Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                                                                  The Rivals guy switched to ND
                                                                  The Wisconsin rivals guy in case anyone was confused
                                                                  60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                                                                    The Rivals guy switched to ND

do we have an idea when we will know his commitment date.
                                                                    Check out my blog building4thefuture.blogspot.com. Its all sports. Irish, NFL DRAFT PROSPECT PREVIEWS, Mets, Mavericks, and Islanders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mavericknyc1980 View Post

do we have an idea when we will know his commitment date.
                                                                      That has been the biggest mystery for a year now

Comment

• I haven't followed recruiting much over the last few years but this past weekend got me interested in it again.

Is this the kid Prister compares to Big Q Nelson..."the best guard prospect since Nelson" I believe is how he put it...?

Comment

• Originally posted by BleedBlueGold View Post
                                                                          I haven't followed recruiting much over the last few years but this past weekend got me interested in it again.

Is this the kid Prister compares to Big Q Nelson..."the best guard prospect since Nelson" I believe is how he put it...?
                                                                          Yes.
                                                                          "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post

Yes.
                                                                            It's settled then. I will approve his commitment to ND.

Comment

• Originally posted by BleedBlueGold View Post
                                                                              I haven't followed recruiting much over the last few years but this past weekend got me interested in it again.

He’s not really comparing him to Q because no prospect compares to him. Just the best since Q.
                                                                              60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

• Originally posted by arrowryan View Post

That has been the biggest mystery for a year now
                                                                                any week now lol!
                                                                                What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishnuke View Post

He’s not really comparing him to Q because no prospect compares to him. Just the best since Q.
                                                                                  Still a helluva endorsement considering just last year we landed Rocco Spindler who, by all accounts, is expected to be a stud.

Comment

• Thought I saw mention of a UW OL entering the transfer portal.....maybe someone more savvy can look into that?

Comment

• Originally posted by texbender View Post
                                                                                      Thought I saw mention of a UW OL entering the transfer portal.....maybe someone more savvy can look into that?
                                                                                      Kayden Lyles from Wisconsin entered the portal if that is what you saw mentioned.

Comment

• Originally posted by P_Rose View Post

Kayden Lyles from Wisconsin entered the portal if that is what you saw mentioned.
                                                                                        Yes. Does this impact the recruitment any?

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post

any week now lol!
                                                                                          It’s been 84 years..
                                                                                          "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• Since the staff did not know we were getting Wagner I wonder if this effects Schrauth's status. Could Wagner have taken Schrauth's spot?

Comment

• Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post
                                                                                              Since the staff did not know we were getting Wagner I wonder if this effects Schrauth's status. Could Wagner have taken Schrauth's spot?
                                                                                              if schrauth wants to commit i think you accept. it never hurts to have a deep group of OL, i think we learned that this year.

Comment

Since the staff did not know we were getting Wagner I wonder if this effects Schrauth's status. Could Wagner have taken Schrauth's spot?
                                                                                                If Wagner took Billy's spot, then I would have to question the staff considering they have Ashton Craig committed. Take both and figure out the numbers later.
                                                                                                I used to be D-BOE34 but I can't login for some reason. Will someone donate some vBucks?

Comment

zero chance they would turn him down. we need guards

Comment

• Seems difficult to turn him down. I would agree you take him and someone surely drops off or hits the portal.
                                                                                                    It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrangerIrish24 View Post

zero chance they would turn him down. we need guards
                                                                                                      Don't know if it's ever been a real priority for Hiestand or Quinn to recruit specifically Guards. Our lines have a long history of Tackles that converted to Guards. With all that said, I'm assuming that Schrauth is a take.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X