'22 WI OG Billy Schrauth (Offer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sea Turtle View Post

I believe Rice and Wagner is all that's left currently. Rice is a long shot and Wagner is like 260 pounds and got next'd by Ohio State.

Jake Taylor was also at the top of the board but became a Sooner.

They might just try to get Wagner or try to find another Craig this fall.
    Where do you put our chances on Rice and Wagner at this point? As a non-insider, I'm not super optimistic about either. I feel like we have more of a shot with Wagner between the two.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
      For me, my bigger question is how does the last 1 or 2 spots on the OL get filled, if at all? Expand the board? Flip? Stay steady? Very curious since I have heard ND may take up to 5 OL this class.
      They could fill it a number of different ways or just sign three. Don't forget the transfer portal is also afforded to them. I'm sure there are some good OL who would come as grad students from Duke, Stanford, etc. Hell, they got a kid from Marshall.

I like the three kids they have verballed in this class. If you're going to pursue OL who are behind the Cheddar Curtain and Wisconsin wants them, you should expect that in all likelihood you're going to lose those battles. Their current roster has 13 OL on it from in state. 2 from Michigan and 1 each from Illinois, PA and Minnesota.
      It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Turtle View Post

I believe Rice and Wagner is all that's left currently. Rice is a long shot and Wagner is like 260 pounds and got next'd by Ohio State.

Jake Taylor was also at the top of the board but became a Sooner.

They might just try to get Wagner or try to find another Craig this fall.
        Wagner was not "next'd" by OSU. They pushed hard for a commitment during his visit to Columbus and have pushed since. His timeline simply hasn't fit with what they had hoped and they didn't want to get caught with their dick in their hand. Fortunately, when you recruit at their level, you don't have to do that. They took a commitment from George Fitzpatrick (who would've been Irish a year ago, had they pushed), and now they're big game hunting. Anyone here rather have Fitz than Wagner? Not me. Concerned that a HS junior is only 260 lbs? Refresh me on how big Joe Alt was at that time in his recruitment. There's zero concern with Wagner after seeing his frame in person.

I guess I don't really understand the sentiment about this OL class being a failure. People sleeping on Chan because he plays in MA? He's a top of the board talent with an elite ceiling. Sleeping on Tanona because he's a local boy? Dude was a take that early in the cycle for a reason. One of the best IOL prospects in this class.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
          An offensive line recruit that lives in Wisconsin is going to Wisconsin.

It's got a water is wet kind of vibe for me seeing as how that's usually how it goes, right? Please don't tell me he attends a Cahtolic school. This isn't the 1950s. Wisconsin OL that Wisconsin want typically sign with Wisconsin.

Go get the next guy.

Driskell is an asshole. There is a reason why he isn't coaching foootball right now and probably never will again. Blowhard douce canoe that would lambaste his own Twitter followers for asking him questions. Jerkweed of the utmost degree.
          Not sure if you followed this recruitment from the beginning but everyone on both sides thought this was one of those Eichenberg / Kraemer situations.

As much as I like the guy, it's like you said... go get the next guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish Man3 View Post

George Fitzpatrick (who would've been Irish a year ago, had they pushed)

Is this an assumption or a report from one of the paid guys?

Comment

• Originally posted by BobbyMac View Post

Is this an assumption or a report from one of the paid guys?
              That's from someone a lot smarter and more aware than myself.

Comment

An offensive line recruit that lives in Wisconsin is going to Wisconsin.

It's got a water is wet kind of vibe for me seeing as how that's usually how it goes, right? Please don't tell me he attends a Cahtolic school. This isn't the 1950s. Wisconsin OL that Wisconsin want typically sign with Wisconsin.

Go get the next guy.

Driskell is an asshole. There is a reason why he isn't coaching foootball right now and probably never will again. Blowhard douce canoe that would lambaste his own Twitter followers for asking him questions. Jerkweed of the utmost degree.
                I've been told by someone who I respect and hits the nail on the head a lot, that this isn't a case of a Wisconsin kid signing with Wisconsin because he's from Wisconsin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

I've been told by someone who I respect and hits the nail on the head a lot, that this isn't a case of a Wisconsin kid signing with Wisconsin because he's from Wisconsin.
                  It's not. It's also not a top of the line secret as to why he's not leaving the state. Brunner and Hintzman weren't leaving the state, but being from Wisconsin is not why Scrauth isn't leaving.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                    For me, my bigger question is how does the last 1 or 2 spots on the OL get filled, if at all? Expand the board? Flip? Stay steady? Very curious since I have heard ND may take up to 5 OL this class.
                    I don't think a 4th or 5th is needed but I would take a 4th guy if they can find one that's in the mold of Alt. A high upside guy that might need some time. Maybe similarly to Alt, he doesn't end up needed as much time as thought, lol. So, Wagner is the perfect guy. But, even if they miss there, I'd still keep an eye on Senior film.

With the staff feeling incredibly confident that they hit on 3 of the 5 from last cycle. Plus, Coogan/Johnson hardly look like leftovers. I don't think another large class in necessary but I'd still add one if he's out there.

With Carmody making a push here in Fall Camp, they gotta feel really good about the future of OT, right about now. I mean, Fisher, Carmody, Alt, and Baker seem like quite the four some for next year and beyond.

Comment

• Jeff Quinn offered 22 prospects this cycle. Of those, 20 of them are 4-5* guys. Out of the top 50 OLinemen only a small handful might’ve had the grades and things ND was looking for and they didn’t offer (Addison Nichols and Fisher Anderson had Ivy offers). Outside of that, Quinn really turns over every stone on every cycle and goes after every dude he can. If he could he’d try and get 50 OV’s for his OLine room so he could get every top dude on campus and again for unofficials as well. Analysts rave about him being great about moving early on kids. Evidence also shows he won’t shy away from a fight (see Wisconsin kids) and try to pull off an upset. At the end of the day maybe there’s a few salesman out there that could close on an additional guy but dangit Quinn really makes me excited every cycle because he’s always chasing the very best and trying everything to stack his OLine room. I mentioned in a post a few weeks back that Quinn managed to get almost all of his top 2023 prospects on campus this summer when visits were allowed again. I know people will be frustrated losing out on Schrauth and some others but Quinn took his shots this cycle and could come away with Wagner, Tanona, Chan, and Craig which could end as a top 5 OLine class in the country. The last 3 cycles there aren’t many teams who have a better overall OLine recruiting class than ND over those 3 years!

Comment

• Originally posted by NDMIA View Post
                        Jeff Quinn offered 22 prospects this cycle. Of those, 20 of them are 4-5* guys. Out of the top 50 OLinemen only a small handful might’ve had the grades and things ND was looking for and they didn’t offer (Addison Nichols and Fisher Anderson had Ivy offers). Outside of that, Quinn really turns over every stone on every cycle and goes after every dude he can. If he could he’d try and get 50 OV’s for his OLine room so he could get every top dude on campus and again for unofficials as well. Analysts rave about him being great about moving early on kids. Evidence also shows he won’t shy away from a fight (see Wisconsin kids) and try to pull off an upset. At the end of the day maybe there’s a few salesman out there that could close on an additional guy but dangit Quinn really makes me excited every cycle because he’s always chasing the very best and trying everything to stack his OLine room. I mentioned in a post a few weeks back that Quinn managed to get almost all of his top 2023 prospects on campus this summer when visits were allowed again. I know people will be frustrated losing out on Schrauth and some others but Quinn took his shots this cycle and could come away with Wagner, Tanona, Chan, and Craig which could end as a top 5 OLine class in the country. The last 3 cycles there aren’t many teams who have a better overall OLine recruiting class than ND over those 3 years!
                        Nail meet hammer.

Comment

• Admittedly I'm not at all dialed into recruiting very much at all. I've always found it to be kind of gross. Grown ass men following kids on Twitter, giving them the piss when they commit to other schools. It's odd. I've seen plenty of Can't Miss kids become Johnny Come Latelys over the years, too. I'm far too old enough to remember Todd Marinovich and Tony Mandarich. It's part of the sport and the sport is now a business. ESPN shuts down for a day on Signing Day to watch these teenagers commit and sign letters. There is obviously a market for this that people are making money off of. I'm an old fart that settled for Tom Lemming, Parade Magazine and USA Today so long ago. Kudos to Mike Frank, Driskell and so many others for earning a living off of recruiting. Sounds like a dream job.

That being said, over the years I've seen plenty of special "situations" where ND seems to miss out on a guy due to extrenuating circumstances. Life always goes on. Whatever the issue, it isn't particularly nerving to me that a kid who resides in Wisconsin is probably going to wind up playing football there. As an OL, he's got life by the balls if his final schools on his list are ND and Wisconsin. He's got a good education waiting for him if he really wants one, too.

I am fine with Jeff Quinn as long as he never becomes offensive coordinator at Notre Dame. To this point, he's done a fine job filing Hiestand's shoes when Hiestand wasn't exactly a slam dunk 100% approved hire by the internet fanbase when it first went down.

Stuff works out in the end.
                          It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

I am fine with Jeff Quinn as long as he never becomes offensive coordinator at Notre Dame. To this point, he's done a fine job filing Hiestand's shoes when Hiestand wasn't exactly a slam dunk 100% approved hire by the internet fanbase when it first went down.

Stuff works out in the end.
                            Funny it was Quinn's Cincy offense that had us all hyped about Kelly getting the job. 2015 was about the only season that met expectations.

Comment

• Why are we so concerned about missing out on this kid? We get 2-3 OLs of this quality every year…

Comment

• Originally posted by tussin View Post
                                Why are we so concerned about missing out on this kid? We get 2-3 OLs of this quality every year…
                                I've moved on from him, I think he is going to Wisconsin. I've said it before when he commits the headline will be the hometown kid is staying home. I would still love to add him to this class, but I like Wisconsin.

Comment

Why are we so concerned about missing out on this kid? We get 2-3 OLs of this quality every year…
                                  I think its more of losing out on a bunch of the "top of the board" guys than it was him specifically. Plus a lot of people were excited to finally break the Wisconsin OL drought when it looked like ND was trending with 3 of there top guys and now looks like the drought will continue.
                                  Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog!

Comment

• Originally posted by GUknights75 View Post

I think its more of losing out on a bunch of the "top of the board" guys than it was him specifically. Plus a lot of people were excited to finally break the Wisconsin OL drought when it looked like ND was trending with 3 of there top guys and now looks like the drought will continue.
                                    A bunch or the top of the board guys?

Comment

• Jake Taylor, Carson Hinzmen, Joe Brunner, now Shrauth and Rice aren't trending upwards. What's not to get? I'm not saying the sky is falling, those are just a bunch of highly ranked guys who initially had a lot of interest in ND.
                                      Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog!

Comment

Jake Taylor, Carson Hinzmen, Joe Brunner, now Shrauth and Rice aren't trending upwards. What's not to get? I'm not saying the sky is falling, those are just a bunch of highly ranked guys who initially had a lot of interest in ND.

Notre Dame has three offensive line commits in the 2022 class. 247 has two of those three listed inside the top175 overall players in the class regardless of position. Is that considered top of the board?

Aamil Wagner is listed inside of the top100 overall by 247 and ND is heavy in the mix there.

Ashton Craig being the one outlier, not in the top tier rankings nationally. However, the staff brought him to campus, worked him out, and offered him eight months before signing day. Not really a move out of desperation with that timeline. Maybe he was top of their board after his workout but like many kids from the Midwest, a little overlooked by national services. Also doing this while being right in the mix with the big three from Wisconsin at the time. Hinzman and Craig are incredibly similar on tape.

If the Irish are able to pull Wagner, that would give them three lineman ranked in the top 200 overall players in the country. That's pretty top of the board type shit to me.
                                        Last edited by Irish Man3; 08-29-2021, 11:44 PM.

Comment

We were never trending with Brunner or Hinzman. I don’t think many were excited for that possibility coming from either of those 2 considering their profiles here didn’t make it to page 2.

Schrauth would be a loss. No doubt. They thought they had him until they didn’t.

Comment

Agreed. I'll save my disappointment for missing on Zach Rice.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-Boone View Post

Agreed. I'll save my disappointment for missing on Zach Rice.
                                              Lol, wut? You thought we were getting Zach Rice? It seemed very early on people were saying he was going to UNC or the field. Never seemed like we were going to gain real traction with him

Comment

• This kid is just waisting our time. We know how this ends
                                                Check out my blog building4thefuture.blogspot.com. Its all sports. Irish, NFL DRAFT PROSPECT PREVIEWS, Mets, Mavericks, and Islanders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mavericknyc1980 View Post
                                                  This kid is just waisting our time. We know how this ends
                                                  Zach Rice, Billy Schrauth, or both?

Comment

• Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post

Lol, wut? You thought we were getting Zach Rice? It seemed very early on people were saying he was going to UNC or the field. Never seemed like we were going to gain real traction with him
                                                    No. I think Rice is the kind of guy we SHOULD be able to get but don't seem to be able to. It baffles me that Rice would got to NC rather than ND given ND has 3 OLmen in the top 50 overall NFL player list etc. Getting a guy like Rice each year (top 10 overall) would be a needle mover and ND should be able to do it.
                                                    Like the earlier post said there are dozens of Schrauth types and we get 2 or 3 of them each year.

Comment

• Originally posted by SBirishlawyer View Post

Zach Rice, Billy Schrauth, or both?
                                                      Schrauth. I don’t care what he says. Wisc kids who are OL never leave.
                                                      Check out my blog building4thefuture.blogspot.com. Its all sports. Irish, NFL DRAFT PROSPECT PREVIEWS, Mets, Mavericks, and Islanders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Fong with the CB 5 to Wiscy recently.

Comment

• One wonders two things about Billy Schrauth.

How smart is he?

What are his aspirations?

Is he a realist or does he live in a fantasy world.

Does he want to EVER participate in a playoff game in college? (It's okay if he doesn't that's just a personal choice)

One wonders what Billy's thoughts were after yesterday's Badger Apocalpyse.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrownerandFry View Post
                                                            One wonders two things about Billy Schrauth.

How smart is he?

What are his aspirations?

Is he a realist or does he live in a fantasy world.

Does he want to EVER participate in a playoff game in college? (It's okay if he doesn't that's just a personal choice)

One wonders what Billy's thoughts were after yesterday's Badger Apocalpyse.
                                                            He wanted to go to ND. The pressure around him is just so extreme he is making the easier & popular decision to go to Wisky. There is a poster on another ND site, who way back when everybody was reporting that Shrauth was a silent to ND, was posting that his son was a teammate of Shrauth’s and that Billy was telling everybody he was going to Wisky. The mods on the ND site at first argued with him, then later apologized and admitted what he heard was true. It seemed that Billy didn’t want to spend another year at home dealing with Wisky fans after he chose ND. That’s why he didn’t publicly announce a year ago (then it would have been two years dealing with Wisky fans).
                                                            He finally decided to just stay home & be the hero.
                                                            I bet internally he is still at great conflict.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reaper97 View Post

He wanted to go to ND. The pressure around him is just so extreme he is making the easier & popular decision to go to Wisky. There is a poster on another ND site, who way back when everybody was reporting that Shrauth was a silent to ND, was posting that his son was a teammate of Shrauth’s and that Billy was telling everybody he was going to Wisky. The mods on the ND site at first argued with him, then later apologized and admitted what he heard was true. It seemed that Billy didn’t want to spend another year at home dealing with Wisky fans after he chose ND. That’s why he didn’t publicly announce a year ago (then it would have been two years dealing with Wisky fans).
                                                              He never actually committed to Wisky, did he?

Comment

• Bumps are best when there is new information.
                                                                60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

• What's his favorite ice cream though? Tell me all his thoughts on God ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Reaper97 View Post

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

This is more of divorced parents not agreeing.

Comment

• I still think he’ll end up Irish. He won’t commit publicly until December and then EE. Then he won’t have to hear grief about not going to Wiscy. He may be a silent for that reason.

If that is not the case, why hasn’t he officially committed to Wiscy.

Not sure if Saturday mattered. Does a bad O Line this year hurt or help us with him? Not sure.

Go Irish

Comment

This is more of divorced parents not agreeing.
                                                                        whats the scuttlebutt on the parental situation? Mom wants Badgers and Dad wants Irish?
                                                                        What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post

whats the scuttlebutt on the parental situation? Mom wants Badgers and Dad wants Irish?
                                                                          Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                          On Schrauth -- he and his dad were ND fans. I heard his mom and some other parties have been pushing Wisconsin. I'll let you all read between the lines, and there is some context/history that is probably easy enough to Google if you're so inclined. Sometimes things are bigger than football. Not saying anything else until he has actually signed somewhere
                                                                          Lax commented on it a page back. Figured it would be good to sort of "bump" it.

Comment

Yes

Comment

Yes
                                                                              yeah, and they're no longer married to each other

Comment

• For me, it's now more about Billy Schrauth the person than another outstanding guard.

Were I his older brother, with cash, I would sit down with Billy, the Mom and the Dad and ask Mom and Dad to each list their top five destinations for billy to play college football.

then after we had the lists, billy and I would pick an 11th school, on neither list and have Billy commit to play hockey or lacrosse at tjhat school.

It happens all the time, and is evocative of the story of Solomon.

Billy is just the battlefield on which the divorcees are working out their anger and vengeance.

Sad.

Billy ought to tell both to go take a hike.

HIs well being and peace of mind are more important than the divorced Mommy and Daddy.

time for Billy to move on.

Comment

• no clue how to embed a gif

Comment

• Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post

yeah, and they're no longer married to each other
                                                                                    Yeah, I mentioned that in a previous post.

Comment

• Y'all are getting weird with this one.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Come on Billy!!!!!!

Comment

• Mom have a change of heart?

Comment

• Oh?

Comment

So as far as this update, he has been saying he wanted to visit for one of the next 2 games but couldn't because he wasn't sure what his team's playoff schedule looked like. The schedule was released this weekend and their games will be on Fridays. Singer expects him on campus "soon." The staff will feel better obviously if he does make it to a game. He's also looking to make a decision sooner than later.

Comment

• Insert Stage 1 Vince McMahon gif
                                                                                                  "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post

So as far as this update, he has been saying he wanted to visit for one of the next 2 games but couldn't because he wasn't sure what his team's playoff schedule looked like. The schedule was released this weekend and their games will be on Fridays. Singer expects him on campus "soon." The staff will feel better obviously if he does make it to a game. He's also looking to make a decision sooner than later.
                                                                                                    Best part about this update is, I feel like he's been looking to make a decision for like 9 months now. I mean, eventually, he'll actually have to make one, lol.

Comment

• Maybe he's finally realizing that Wisconsin, unlike ND, is never going to contend for a national title, even with good Olines.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X