Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'22 MO DE Tyson Ford (Notre Dame Verbal)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '22 MO DE Tyson Ford (Notre Dame Verbal)

DE
    StL, MO
    John Burroughs School

Measurements:
    Height: 6-6
    Weight: 220

Now (12/23/21) listed at 6-6/250

Rankings:
    247 Comp: ... NR
    247: ............. 4* ..... #15 WDE ..... #219 OA ..... 90 rating
    Rivals: ......... NR
    ESPN: ......... NR

R&R's - 12-23-20:
    247 Comp: .. 4* ..... #9 WDE ....... #117 OA ..... .9510 rating
    247: ............. 4* ..... #10 WDE ..... #181 OA ...... 91
    Rivals: ......... 4* ..... #5 SDE ......... #148 OA ...... 83

Offers:
    Notre Dame ......... Offered 4-18-20 ...... Committed 1-18-21
    ASU
    I State
    KU
    A&M
    Neb
    Mizzou
    Ark
    Wash
    UK
    ---------- After 4-18-20
    K State
    MI St
    Ill
    Baylor
    Purdue
    Mich
    Miss St
    OU ......... Oct 25
    Tex
    UGa

Media Links:

Twitter = https://twitter.com/t2cold7

Hudl = https://www.hudl.com/profile/11413155/Tyson-Ford

Highlights:

Jr. Year: https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1141315...3cdc0afcdda622

So. Year: https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1141315...3d5c06887b788e

Last edited by NDCrusader; 02-23-2021, 02:44 PM.

[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/T2Cold7/status/1251557900188889088[/TWITTER]
    Last edited by NDCrusader; 02-23-2021, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Great offer. Probably the most ND fit kid who's in the upper tier of national recruits and he's at an elite academic HS in StL.

Now play the Catholic card and offer Wilfredo Aybar and let's go.

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
        Great offer. Probably the most ND fit kid who's in the upper tier of national recruits and he's at an elite academic HS in StL.

Now play the Catholic card and offer Wilfredo Aybar and let's go.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DjUOBVAbGhQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
        "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Apparently close with Gabe Rubio. Was planning to come up and visit with Gabe on his next visit, June OV. This would be a real nice start for Elston.

https://irishsportsdaily.com/s/12212...tre-dame-offer
          Last edited by Luckylucci; 04-19-2020, 12:10 PM.

Comment

https://twitter.com/ISDUpdate/status...345742851?s=19

Comment

Bump because I'm a huge fan of this young man. I'd be very excited about his addition to Elston's DL room.

Comment

His film reminds me a little of Julian Okwara's High school film. He plays a little too high but he is only a sophomore. Saw some good instincts in his pass rush moves and man is he explosive to the ball carrier!

Sign me up.
                Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog!

Comment

Loy put in a CB for . . . OU!?! Did I miss something?

Comment

Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                    Loy put in a CB for . . . OU!?! Did I miss something?
                    He thought he was Abiara

Seriously though, how many DEs are we gonna lose to OU? Their D-Line coach must have one heck of a personality

Comment

Originally posted by Irish du Nord View Post
                      He thought he was Abiara

Seriously though, how many DEs are we gonna lose to OU? Their D-Line coach must have one heck of a personality
                      Come here and play bad defense!

Comment

No playing school and guaranteed CCG
                        Prehistoric

Comment

There was an article maybe a month ago or so and he said ND wad the favorite. . . . What happened?

Comment

Odd crystal ball because yea we seemed to be the team to beat.

I'm sure we'll get some info explaining everything soon.

Sent from my moto e using Tapatalk
                            "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

"you're going to be the guy that turns our dumpster D around"
                              The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                              Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

Still a long way to go on the '22 recruiting trail. If the virus situation improves and kids can get back to campus visits that will help ND as much as anyone.

Comment

If he is friends with Rubio maybe he wants to do the opposite of Rubio which is to play the rankings game. Rubio committed early and is quoted as saying "I did not want to play the ratings game" (or something similar).
                                  Maybe Ford wants to be one of those recruits who gets a lot of talk and the like so his ratings go up.

Comment

From what I heard, ND stopped contact. I'm baffled. That is all the info I got.

Comment

Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                                      From what I heard, ND stopped contact. I'm baffled. That is all the info I got.
                                      sounds like ND is still hard after him.

https://irishsportsdaily.com/s/13857...get-tyson-ford

Comment

Did he just say it'll be OU, Soon?

Comment

There are a few edge defenders in this class that we are in on so this wouldn't be the end of the world. But, I'll be pretty damn disappointed if he commits to OU. He's grown into a SDE and a very good one at that. I'd love to know what happened from us being the leader to him committing to OU.
                                          Last edited by Luckylucci; 12-21-2020, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                            Did he just say it'll be OU, Soon?
                                            Seems like it

Comment

sounds like he could be announcing soon. if ND could land him he'd be the best DE prospect since tuitt and lynch in '11.

https://irishsportsdaily.com/s/13874...of-recruitment

Comment

Originally posted by IRISHMAN View Post
                                                sounds like he could be announcing soon. if ND could land him he'd be the best DE prospect since tuitt and lynch in '11.

https://irishsportsdaily.com/s/13874...of-recruitment
                                                OU leads right now and he may be picking them soon

Comment

grinch isn't out of the running for some places ---just interviewed at zona.....so this is a wait and see if something happens there
                                                  EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                                                    grinch isn't out of the running for some places ---just interviewed at zona.....so this is a wait and see if something happens there
                                                    From what I heard Ford could've been locked up a long time ago

Comment

Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                                                      He's out at AZ but it would be nice if he went elsewhere fast.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Just added even more to the story on four-star defensive end Tyson Ford and how things have gone since he started talking with new <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Notre Dame</a> defensive coordinator Marcus Freeman. <a href="https://t.co/V4UxQwjY1O">https://t.co/V4UxQwjY1O</a></p>&mdash; Tom Loy (@TomLoy247) <a href="https://twitter.com/TomLoy247/status/1350098811201478656?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 15, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                        What did Davonte do?

Comment

On 12/12 Loy throws down an OU crystal ball
                                                          On 12/14 Lea accepts Vandy job
                                                          On 12/16 Ford tweets he's making his announcement on 1/18
                                                          On 1/8 Freeman hired

Logically I see little hope in this situation.

Comment

Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
                                                            On 12/12 Loy throws down an OU crystal ball
                                                            On 12/14 Lea accepts Vandy job
                                                            On 12/16 Ford tweets he's making his announcement on 1/18
                                                            On 1/8 Freeman hired

Logically I see little hope in this situation.
                                                            yea i don't feel it trending for us either.
                                                            Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

He is committing to OU Monday. Best we can hope for is a successful 2021 with a good performance from NDís D, some disappointment from OU, or one of his recruiters in Norman to accept a new job at the end of the season. If 2/3 of those things take place and Freeman stays on him without taking no for an answer...we have a chance to flip later.

Comment

Originally posted by NewEnglandGuy View Post
                                                                He is committing to OU Monday. Best we can hope for is a successful 2021 with a good performance from NDís D, some disappointment from OU, or one of his recruiters in Norman to accept a new job at the end of the season. If 2/3 of those things take place and Freeman stays on him without taking no for an answer...we have a chance to flip later.
                                                                The only thing to hope for is Riley going to the NFL.

I expect OU to be very very good next year if all remains the same.

That being said, that's why you recruit Ford until the end and you recruit him like he's Justin Tuck's 5* son.

Comment

Shiny crystal balls for the good guys

Comment

Whoa, Wiltfong and Loy know something? This would be an incredible development.

Comment

Loy and Fong with a 6 and 7 confidence CB, respectively. Hmm

Comment

Singer just put in a future-cast

Comment

Sounds like a case of priority 1 once Freeman had a chance to hit the ground running, also have to feel like Elston must be staying if he’s putting in work

Comment

Granger beat me too it. Something got out in advance of his Monday announcement.
                                                                            Last edited by Luckylucci; 01-15-2021, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• #41
                                                                              1. Hire the best coaches
                                                                              2. Attract the best recruits

I love it when a plan comes together

Comment

• #42
                                                                                1 year of recruiting drama over ND's ability to hold a early commit stud DE coming up...

Comment

• #43
                                                                                  Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                                  Singer with the FC as well. Something got out in advance of his Monday announcement.
                                                                                  He turned in his decision for Monday's program reveal to 247 & Rivals it seems... or hinted to them it's coming.

All of the ND sites were surprised.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                    Originally posted by NDFAN420 View Post
                                                                                    1. Hire the best <strike>coaches</strike> recruiters
                                                                                    2. Attract the best recruits

I love it when a plan comes together
                                                                                    :awesomewo

Comment

• #45
                                                                                      This would be an excellent turnaround.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                        Not only Singer, but the Rivals OU guy (McCuiston) switched his FutureCast from OU to ND.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                          OU 247 has also conceded the W to ND. At least for now.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                            So has this one been ND all along or did it swing at the end?

I assume it's the former because he could always push back his commitment date.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                              even if Ford doesn't pick ND it's still way early in the recruiting cycle, with a good season ND could easily get back into the race.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                Originally posted by Pops Freshenmeyer View Post
                                                                                                So has this one been ND all along or did it swing at the end?

I assume it's the former because he could always push back his commitment date.
                                                                                                I think ND led very early. OU took a lot of momentum with their recent pressure. The sped up timeline caught folks by surprise, as he was previously talking about taking OV's. Once the staff got wind of that, plus the addition of Freeman, they really turned up the heat on him. And were able to swing the momentum back in our favor.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                Working...
                                                                                                X