• '22 CA WR C.J. Williams (Offer)

Wide Receiver
    Santa Ana, CA
    Mater Dei

Measurements:
    Ht: 6'2"
    Wt: 175

Rankings:
    247....................4*......90...........Nat: 43......St: 6.........Pos: 7
    247comp...........NR.....NR..........Nat: NR.....St: NR.....Pos: NR
    ESPN................NR.....NR..........Nat: NR.....St: NR.....Pos: NR
    Rivals................NR.....NR..........Nat: NR.....St: NR.....Pos: NR

Offers:
    Notre Dame ..... Offered ... 2-5-20

Alabama
    Arizona State
    Auburn
    Cal
    Georgia
    Kansas
    LSU
    Michigan
    Nebraska
    Notre Dame
    Oregon
    Oregon State
    Texas
    USC
    Washington
    Washington State

Highlights:

Last edited by NDCrusader; Yesterday, 02:46 PM.
    Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

From the 2022 master thread. Thanks NDCrusader

Last edited by NDCrusader; Yesterday, 02:47 PM.

Comment

2022 WR CJ Williams Gets Offer, Sets Visit to Notre Dame

Comment

Long Freebie from 247:

Some positive stuff here. Says he reached out to ND before they could reach out to him. With a 4.2 GPA, he obviously cares about education.

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...-me-144578058/

Another Freebie: Says he wants to be Stanford's first offer in '22 class.

https://www.recruitingnewsguru.com/i...uiting-visits/

The bad news? His Dad hooped at Bama. The stories I read don't reveal his name and I'm sure there were plenty of Williams that played at Bama over the time a guy 35-55 could have been there. (For that matter, his name doesn't have to be Williams) BUT one interesting guess would be Mo Williams. He was there in the early 2000's, played for the Clippers (among others) and has been an assistant with Mark Gottfried at Cal St Northridge for a few seasons. He played for Gottfried at Bama.

That said, 247 has him listed as WARM to Bama. Does Biggins know something?

Comment

Should be interesting to see how this goes. He said parents want him to go to a good academic school which Bama is not for the most part. I thought it was interesting that he was messaging the staff and they couldn’t message him back. I would think that shows a good amount of interest.

Comment

Last edited by NDCrusader; Yesterday, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Last edited by NDCrusader; Yesterday, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NDMIA View Post
                <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Beyond thankful for the life God has blessed me with. Thankful for every single coach that offered and recruited me. As my decision date gets closer, these will be the schools that I will focus on as my recruiting continues! Happy Thanksgiving everyone! <a href="https://t.co/lZGWGMgH2z">pic.twitter.com/lZGWGMgH2z</a></p>&mdash; CJ Williams (@CJWilliams_03) <a href="https://twitter.com/CJWilliams_03/status/1332130042810298369?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 27, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                Not sure if he narrowed it down to a “Final 16” or there just wasn’t enough space to list even more finalist.
                .....Before I Get Out

Comment

Ahhh. He's a top 16 type of guy....
                  The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                  Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

Wrong thread my bad.
                    Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Originally posted by phillyirish View Post
                      Not sure if he narrowed it down to a “Final 16” or there just wasn’t enough space to list even more finalist.
                      At least there isn't a skunkbear emblem shown! Muck fichigan!

Comment

Also he is now a top 50, #5 WR on 247

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
                          Also he is now a top 50, #5 WR on 247
                          Tommy Rees and Del Alexander, get on your horse

Comment

Last edited by NDCrusader; Yesterday, 02:51 PM.
                            What did Davonte do?

Comment

Barkate + Williams would be a nice swipe from Mater Dei

Comment

Barkate + Williams would be a nice swipe from Mater Dei
                                How bout Kerry too

Comment

Williams continues to under the radar be a legit option for us at WR it seems. Been talking to Biggins out West for 247 at the 7-7s

Comment

Set up an official visit for the beginning of June. Visits ND then OSU and USC. per Matt Freeman over at ISD
                                    "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Comment

Two visits had been planned for the four-star receiver and now it’s three. The Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei standout will see Notre Dame, Ohio State and Texas during the first three weekends of June as the irish continue to step it up, the Buckeyes have remained consistent and the Longhorns intrigue him because of how coach Steve Sarkisian there now and a commitment from four-star QB
                                        Maalik Murphy
                                        . USC and others are definitely in this as well.

​​​​​​https://n.rivals.com/news/recruiting...or-cj-williams
                                        EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

MD's starting QB is a freshman named Elijah Brown is only the 3rd freshman to start there in program history. the others are Todd Marinovich, Matt Barkley and JT Daniels

https://247sports.com/Article/Elijah...rts-162497745/
                                          What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post

MD's starting QB is a freshman named Elijah Brown is only the 3rd freshman to start there in program history. the others are Todd Marinovich, Matt Barkley and JT Daniels

https://247sports.com/Article/Elijah...rts-162497745/
                                            I wonder where he'll end up

Comment

Originally posted by Irish du Nord View Post

has an offer from Pittsburgh :D
                                              What did Davonte do?

Comment

Bama or Georgia with the last two starters?

Comment

Premium from Loy.

What I’m Hearing: Notre Dame and Top100 WR C.J. Williams (247sports.com)

ND doing really well here.

Comment

Just did a search on Williams for off brand content and Shrader from SC Scoop had this pic he shared with ISD.

Comment

Here's a Shrader video from yesterday that he gave ISD going over his OV plans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmx_RM1iLfE&t=3s

Comment

*Please don't be this cycle's JuJu*

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                                                          You just guaranteed he'll be this cycle's JuJu

Comment

I know that ISD has talked on their podcast how they don't consider Williams to be explosive, and more like a Jayden Thomas level prospect, but have y'all heard other sites like that? Seems wild to me that he'd be ranked so dang high if that's the case.

Comment

Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                              I know that ISD has talked on their podcast how they don't consider Williams to be explosive, and more like a Jayden Thomas level prospect, but have y'all heard other sites like that? Seems wild to me that he'd be ranked so dang high if that's the case.
                                                              Williams is a current 247 message board favorite debate. As far as Loy, Sinclair etc, I can’t remember exactly but I think they’ve acknowledged he’s not a burner certainly

Comment

I was very young when he was at ND, but his game reminds me of Rhema McKnight. But no, he's not your classic six star mater dei receiver. Still a take all day imo.

Comment

Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                                  I agree that Williams is probably rated/ranked too high currently but I think he's somewhere in-between where he's at now (.9688, 4 star) and Jayden Thomas (.8991, 4 star). I think he's a very good X WR prospect. The difference between them is, while there athletic profile is probably similar, Williams is a well coached and tested WR. He's played WR at a legit national program and competed against the best. So, while I agree that he's probably overrated due to his lack of speed explosiveness, I'd have him a notch above that.

I will say this. I would not take both Williams and Morris. If they get Williams I really hope they say no thank you to Morris. Can't have both those guys in the class, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

I agree that Williams is probably rated/ranked too high currently but I think he's somewhere in-between where he's at now (.9688, 4 star) and Jayden Thomas (.8991, 4 star). I think he's a very good X WR prospect. The difference between them is, while there athletic profile is probably similar, Williams is a well coached and tested WR. He's played WR at a legit national program and competed against the best. So, while I agree that he's probably overrated due to his lack of speed explosiveness, I'd have him a notch above that.

I will say this. I would not take both Williams and Morris. If they get Williams I really hope they say no thank you to Morris. Can't have both those guys in the class, IMO.
                                                                    ISD has him as a 94, would you think that's about right?

On the Morris point, is that due to positional inflexibility? Or why do you think so?

Comment

Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                                                                      I was very young when he was at ND, but his game reminds me of Rhema McKnight. But no, he's not your classic six star mater dei receiver. Still a take all day imo.
                                                                      McKnight is an all-time favorite. My first real favorite ND player as a kid. It's a real shame that he had all the injury problems.

Comment

This isn't to say anything negative about Jayden Thomas because I think he's actually a better prospect than his .89 rating. But, if athletic profiles are the same, I think you have to give some sort of boost for the pedigree. While Jayden is a very good multi-sport athlete. CJ has been training to be a WR and that's it. And, I think there is more that goes into that than sometimes we give credit too.

Comment

ISD has him as a 94, would you think that's about right?

On the Morris point, is that due to positional inflexibility? Or why do you think so?
                                                                          Yea, I think a 92-94 seems more like it.

Both lack speed and are similar. I also think Morris is also a well coached slot WR. He's been groomed to be a WR for awhile now. He's been well coached, runs good routes, etc. But he lacks big play ability, IMO. When I watch his highlights and put them against Xavion Bradshaw, for example, I have no idea why their ratings are as they are. I just don't think you can have entire class without a guy that has more speed. Even if it means more unknown.

In order to balance out the class we can't have all our WR's be guys that have balanced skillsets, if that makes sense.

Comment

Comment

• #39

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Really impressive tracking the ball.

Even more impressed by the way that freshman places the ball. If he keeps playing like that, at Mater Dei of all places, he’s gonna generate Trevor Lawrence-type hype really fast.

Amazed he’s been totally under the radar, all things considered. Even cooler to know it’s a relatively normal kid doing it, without being a camp warrior or a robot with three different QB coaches and personal trainers. Breaking the mold of the elite QBs!

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  wouldn't mind watching the MD-JB game replay if its uploaded somewhere??
                                                                                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 04-20-2021, 01:11 PM.
                                                                                    “Golf can best be defined as an endless series of tragedies obscured by the occasional miracle” -unknown

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Premium from Christian at ISD. He sure sounds like a young man that wants what ND has to offer.

2022 WR CJ Williams Previews Official Visits, Talks Notre Dame | Irish Sports Daily

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        There sure is a lot of pub coming ND's way on this one.

Top247 WR CJ Williams talks Notre Dame interest, plans for early decision (247sports.com)

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                                          Mother's birthdays have been pretty slick for us recently. Call me crazy but...possible silent?

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            https://247sports.com/Article/Notre-...ng--164816817/

Notre Dame- "I moved my visit to Notre Dame back from the first weekend of the month to the last weekend now. I'm really looking forward to getting out there and seeing everything close up. Notre Dame is recruiting me the hardest right now and I have the best relationship with those coaches. I have really connected with them well and they have been the most consistent on me for sure. It’s just a good all around fit for me in terms of the culture and the strong academics they have as well as great football so I can’t wait to get out there.”
                                                                                            What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Hot damn that sounds good.

*Don't get hopes up*
                                                                                              *Don't get hopes up*
                                                                                              *Don't get hopes up*

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Another 3 weeks to wait before this comes true???

CB

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  I sure hope this good news isn't generating any bad JUJU, because it seems like once a year we have some bad JUJU related to WR prospects, and that bad JUJU usually manifests as a California prospect that says all the right things but actually knows exactly where they're going, and it isn't ND.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                                                                                                    I sure hope this good news isn't generating any bad JUJU, because it seems like once a year we have some bad JUJU related to WR prospects, and that bad JUJU usually manifests as a California prospect that says all the right things but actually knows exactly where they're going, and it isn't ND.
                                                                                                    Nope, Mrs. Rollinson's put her foot down and said, "Enough!"

She's delivering CJ to her alma mater and if her Trojan hubby doesn't like it, he can sleep on the couch.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X