'22 NE LB Devon Jackson (Offer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post

I've bounced back and forth about what to do with the end of this class as Freeman adds more guys but that was with a Jackson who ran 10.9's or 8's.

10.5 LB's only come around every so... NEVER!

Freeman's will have a room full of talent one way or the other but the ceiling play on Jackson is something he'll only get one chance at and that's by signing Flash Jackson.
    I spent three minutes looking for official results. Since I can't find any I'm assuming that's hand timed. So it's probably more likely to be a 10.7. Which is still stupid fast for somebody his size.

Comment

Originally posted by TP81989 View Post
      Why are we assuming they'll have to say no to Jackson?

Has he named ND as his leader?
      It’s not over and nothing has changed as of today but he’s not very far along in the process and we have a few guys that will be making decisions in the near future. They may not tell him no but numbers work both ways. We’ll see. I hope they treat him like one of the best defenders in the class and recruit him regardless.

Comment

I don't see any 2020 results but in 2019, as a freshman, he ran 10.96 at the state meet. So he's legit.

Comment

He also had this recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post
            With speed like that, should really get a look at safety first. A 6'2, 200-215 lb freak speed safety is something we could use. I don't even know if it's possible for him to "outgrow the position" because that kind of speed is unreal. I'd love to have verified 3 cones/ shuttles because his straightline is off the charts. Wonder how quick he is when repeatedly changing direction.
            If David Fulcher doesn't move your needle, then a Steve Atwater comp surely will. Sell him on that.

Comment

He is a take for me. What happens when Clemson offers Sneed (if they already haven't). Freeman has been recruiting Cheeks since he was at Cincy and Tuihalamaka seems like he is a visit away from committing.
              Last edited by irishandy; 04-02-2021, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Sneed's comment was there is only 1 spot left. The unknown is does that already include himself and another.
                Prehistoric

Comment

IMO from what little I’ve seen of him he’s really a player without a position for a player of his size, he looks like a tiny DE rather than a LB.

The kid is a freak athlete and I want him to be Irish but does he have the nuanced LB skills that you don’t see on tape. Maybe he does but at this point it’s question mark from what we can see on him.

So with that said how do you take him over the other stud LB recruits that they might lead for in Cheeks, Snead and JR?

Me personally I take him as an athlete and worry about it later.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricochet View Post
                    IMO from what little I’ve seen of him he’s really a player without a position for a player of his size, he looks like a tiny DE rather than a LB.

The kid is a freak athlete and I want him to be Irish but does he have the nuanced LB skills that you don’t see on tape. Maybe he does but at this point it’s question mark from what we can see on him.

So with that said how do you take him over the other stud LB recruits that they might lead for in Cheeks, Snead and JR?

That's a good point. I was just considering him as LB/S prospect but he could just as easily swap to WR as well. Speed offers a lot of flexibility.

Comment

I don't think he plays WR or offense at all which is crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricochet View Post

Isn’t that what a lot of these elite hybrid defenders are in HS. The best athlete on the field that can do everything but don’t specialize in one. Were either Simmons or JOK considered LB’s as a recruit? Simmons was rated as a S and JOK an ATH per 247.

This guy has the ceiling of the next 1st rd LB/hybrid defender. Because of that I’d have him above them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

Isn’t that what a lot of these elite hybrid defenders are in HS. The best athlete on the field that can do everything but don’t specialize in one. Were either Simmons or JOK considered LB’s as a recruit? Simmons was rated as a S and JOK an ATH per 247.

This guy has the ceiling of the next 1st rd LB/hybrid defender. Because of that I’d have him above them all.
                          There is no wrong answers on this one IMO, it’s just the philosophy of the one recruiting these players or in our case of who we ultimately wish was in the class for teams we root for.

Its more of the unknown when it come Devon Jackson because as I said before is that we see a freak more or less playing as a DE. Maybe he does have the skills to play in coverage and all the nuances that makes someone a very fast and very athletic football player rather than an athlete that plays football.

I can’t stress this enough, I want him to be Irish but he is by far the most unpredictable of the elite LB’s that ND has a serious chance of landing.

The thing is, is that Jackson might have the most upside with the info we currently have but that unknown, the speculation goes both ways and because of that he also has the lowest floor.

The other guys like JR, Snead and Cheeks also have high upside for there position with higher floors. So like I said before it’s more about philosophy because those guys might not have as high an upside athletically it’s still quite high with less boom or bust factor.

While I’m speaking in general here and not about Jackson is what also gets lost in such discussions is a players will to be the best they can be, football IQ, toughness, coach ability and so on.

Comment

Wiltfong and Loy both changed their CB predictions to ASU this weekend.

Comment

Guess we know which LB is getting left out . . . .

Comment

How the heck can Scott Frost not land this kid in his own backyard? And he already has that kid from Burke in his 2021 class??
                                What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                  How the heck can Scott Frost not land this kid in his own backyard? And he already has that kid from Burke in his 2021 class??
                                  Maybe the kid just doesn't want to play for a terrible coach and program.

Seems pretty simple.

Comment

Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                                    Guess we know which LB is getting left out . . . .
                                    Ehhh not necessarily. ASU is filled with great recruiters. They are in the top group for many guys out West so anyone outside of Texas and West of the Mississippi I’d view them as a serious threat.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ndaccountant View Post
                                        Trying to get some work done here...

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X