Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'22 PA RB Nicholas Singleton (Penn State Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey now it's unfair to pin last year on Franklin, he missed his family all season.

Sent from my SM-J337U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Turtle View Post
        Who is PSU going to lose to? Ohio State, Wisconsin, maybe michigan?
        OSU = Yes
        Wiscy = Probably

Lose 2-3 out of: Auburn, IU, @IA, @MD, MI, @MSU

Comment

• not following psu recruiting, but saw on twitter, franklin tweet out their bat signal along w/ their head recruiting coordinator doing the same......wonder if singleton popped to them and will go public tues
          EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• It's just unreal that PSU is going to land Allar, Saunders, and Singleton. Great job by their staff to be in early and often on all 3. Especially, before Allar and Saunders blew up. That's ultimately why they got them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
              It's just unreal that PSU is going to land Allar, Saunders, and Singleton. Great job by their staff to be in early and often on all 3. Especially, before Allar and Saunders blew up. That's ultimately why they got them.
              All the PSU commits should be on flip watch. Maybe not right now but later towards NSD. The program is unstable and the offense is new . . . Again. This will be a big season for Franklin and crew.

Comment

• Yeah, this might be like one of those tour de france sprint finished where you want to be running second in the slip stream until the final metre.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
                  Yeah, this might be like one of those tour de france sprint finished where you want to be running second in the slip stream until the final metre.
                  More like you wanna have your HSV Commodore tucked in behind The leaders Tickford Falcon coming out of the last corner at Bathurst.

G'day mate!

Comment

• Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
                    Yeah, this might be like one of those tour de france sprint finished where you want to be running second in the slip stream until the final metre.
                    Here I thought you wanted to be on PEDs and doing nightly blood transfusions for the Tour
                    Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by BobbyMac View Post

More like you wanna have your HSV Commodore tucked in behind The leaders Tickford Falcon coming out of the last corner at Bathurst.

G'day mate!
                      Haha, nice.
                      Any close finish at Buthurst would be welcome!

Comment

G'day mate!
                        Straya Forever Carnt.

Comment

• Maybe he actually is a silent and doesn’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings. Or maybe he’s pulling a F Michigan stunt and leading PSU on? Anyone have any social media insight. As in, follows/unfollows, likes, or tweets recently? I’m not too savy with all of it.

Comment

• well, if someone had said, after we got the commitment from Jadarian Price, that we are done with RBs for this cycle, with a three year haul of
                            Tyree, Estime, Diggs and Price, I would have accepted that without objection. Maybe Lance Taylor is doing a good job after all......

Compared to WR, the RB chart is in great shape.
                            But no chart is in as good shape as the TE chart..

Comment

• Kaytron Allen also getting a Fong CB to PSU. PSU going two backs again or Singleton a PSU lock still?

Comment

• Lot and Sinclair throwing in the towel. Both put in PSU CBs.

Comment

• This feels like a loss.
                                  "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                    This feels like a loss.
                                    While this isn't flipping in it's purest sense, this was always about trying to flip him. Appears the excitement of ND gradually wore off while Franklin was doing his ABC's.

Comment

• I'm not sure this one is over just yet, and I will say that with any of the PSU commits ND was going after. Circle back on NSD.

Comment

• Could there be some old fashioned "Yeah you guys are right, I'm staying home" just to get people out of his ear while still a silent to ND?

Comment

• Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                                          I'm not sure this one is over just yet, and I will say that with any of the PSU commits ND was going after. Circle back on NSD.
                                          If PSU is anything close to what they did on the field last year, agree here. Don't wave the white flag just yet.
                                          The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

• Id just stay on him. On paper, PSU doesnt appear to be any better than last year

Comment

• F$&@k PSU!!!

Comment

• Bad omen on the announcement struggle. Loy said earlier we’d still be on him moving forward, not sure what level or reporting versus speculation that was but we shall see

Comment

• There are green and gold balloons in the background. I thought, just maybe.

Comment

• I guess I’ll have to join the wait until the season unfolds crowd. It ain’t over til it’s over. Do we know if he’s expected to EE?

Comment

• “Singleton made his way over to South Bend the weekend of June 18. He had such a good time, the 6-foot, 210-pound Singleton admits he nearly committed to the Irish.

“My parents stopped me and had me come home and think about it,” Singleton said. That gave head coach James Franklin and running backs coach Ja’Juan Seider the opportunity to remind Singleton why he loved Penn State.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post

“Singleton made his way over to South Bend the weekend of June 18. He had such a good time, the 6-foot, 210-pound Singleton admits he nearly committed to the Irish.

“My parents stopped me and had me come home and think about it,” Singleton said. That gave head coach James Franklin and running backs coach Ja’Juan Seider the opportunity to remind Singleton why he loved Penn State.”
                                                        Figures we'd have a top 5 RB on the hook and it would be the one time the parents aren't on our side.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• Originally posted by GowerND11 View Post
                                                          Could there be some old fashioned "Yeah you guys are right, I'm staying home" just to get people out of his ear while still a silent to ND?
                                                          nevermind...

Comment

• I think this is a wait & see until he signs his NLI.

Comment

• Originally posted by irishandy View Post
                                                              I think this is a wait & see until he signs his NLI.
                                                              To me, that's everybody, but for now onto the next.
                                                              It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post

To me, that's everybody, but for now onto the next.
                                                                Question is... Will there be a next?

Comment

Question is... Will there be a next?
                                                                  If they truly want a second back in the class, then yes. If it was only a luxury, then no.

Personally with this program being what it is, if you're going to be a running team, you'd better have a stable of backs among your 85 scholarships.
                                                                  It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post

If they truly want a second back in the class, then yes. If it was only a luxury, then no.
                                                                    Exactly what my post alluded to.

I think Taylor's actions on twitter say that they're thinking about it.

Comment

• Sounds like ND did everything they could, but the people at home (parents, coaches, etc) were pushing for PSU. No surprise but ND almost had this one.

​​​​​​Gov. Mifflin's Nick Singleton almost committed to Notre Dame, not Penn State

https://www.readingeagle.com/sports/...e2cd6adbc.html

Many Penn State fans assumed Nick Singleton was a slam-dunk recruit for the Nittany Lions, but that's not the case.

There were days over the past year the Gov. Mifflin running back woke up thinking he'd play for Notre Dame.

And there was day in mid-June during his official visit in South Bend when he was ready to commit to the Fighting Irish.

Head coach Brian Kelly and his staff pulled out all the stops. Singleton bonded with the players. He spent time at Kelly's lake house. He was assured he was the program's No. 1 priority at running back. He was told he'd be set for life with a degree from Notre Dame.

“(Coach Kelly) was telling me I could be the next back to take (them) to a national championship,” Singleton told Irish Illustrated.com shortly after his visit. “I really took that to mind.”

He was ready to commit before leaving campus. He called his father.

Tim Singleton advised his middle son to hold off. He urged him to complete his June recruiting sweep, to take planned stops to Alabama and Texas A&M, before making a final call.

“He was really, really torn,” said Gov. Mifflin football coach Jeff Lang, who counseled his lead back to trust his heart.

Singleton did that.

Penn State was the front-runner in July 2019, when it became the first major program to offer a scholarship, and it was at the end, when Singleton announced his decision.

About three dozen family members and friends gathered behind him at his Shillington home, cheered the commitment to Penn State — some more heartily than others.

Shirley Singleton, a long-time Notre Dame fan, was hoping to see Fightin Irish colors appear when her grandson stood to reveal his choice.

It was a close call.

College coaching staffs across the nation waged a fierce battle for the 6-foot, 210-pound sensation. Singleton is ranked among the top running backs in the nation; his combination of power, burst and commitment make him a game-changer. How many guys qualify for districts in the 100 meters and shot put?

He was seen as an impact player at any of his final choices, including Wisconsin, or at Ohio State, which was an early front-runner alongside Penn State.

Singleton's decision was a stunner for Notre Dame, which has assembled a top-notch recruiting class that's ranked No. 2 in the nation by rivals.com (trailing only Ohio State).

The Fighting Irish thought they had won the pitched recruiting battle. Even though they had been informed Singleton was going to Penn State, a coach from Kelly's staff made one last, desperate call to Tim Singleton on announcement day.

“It doesn't make sense,” the coach said of the decision to spurn Notre Dame.

The Nittany Lions had home field advantage throughout, and head coach James Franklin and running game coordinator Ju'Juan Seider took full advantage of that. They told Singleton he would be playing at Running Back U and following in the footsteps of guys such as Saquon Barkley, Journey Brown and Miles Sanders.

That appealed to him.

Singleton's commitment was a plum for Franklin, who is putting together a grand slam 2022 recruiting class. It includes wide receivers Mehki Flowers of Steel-High and Anthony Ivey of Manheim Township, and now five of the top 10 players in the state. It's ranked No. 3 by rivals.com.

Singleton will head to Penn State a year from now with a chance to make a sudden impact. Franklin isn't likely to recruit anyone better than Singleton this year or next.

Lang said he has no doubt Singleton will find his way to the field in 2022.

“I see him being able to go up there and play,” he said. “Physically, he's ready. He's going to get in that weight room just like he did as a freshman here and they'll be amazed at how he can push around the stuff. And when he's on the field (they'll be amazed) at how strong and powerful he can run.

“If he focuses and learns the system, he's going to be in the mix. I think you're going to see him in that backfield.”

Comment

• Sounds like he chose Penn State to make other people happy.
                                                                        He will flip by signing day.

Comment

• Blows my mind how coaches have any free time during the year when they are courting HS kids and running a D1 football team every day.

Comment

• Did his parents not come with him on his OV? Or did his dad just not come? Feel like pops should have seen the 4 for 40 speech in person.

Looks like all we need to do is just hang out and wait for Penn State to implode…

Comment

• i don’t think Bk got out recruited here

I’m not saying someone got paid….. but someone got paid

Comment

• Originally posted by FWIrish4 View Post
                                                                                Did his parents not come with him on his OV? Or did his dad just not come? Feel like pops should have seen the 4 for 40 speech in person.

Looks like all we need to do is just hang out and wait for Penn State to implode…
                                                                                I believe Mom was on the visits but Dad was not.

Comment

• What’s the common denominator here….

Comment

• Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                                                                    What’s the common denominator here….
                                                                                    Child sexual exploitation by coach super predator enabled by an entire university system and the tacit acceptance of such behavior by those gleefully enrolling at the devil’s institution and thinking its cute to call child life destroying rape school instead Running Back U.

Comment

• Ya'll are coming off really petty here. It's not necessarily dirty that his dad obviously preferred his son attend Penn State. We celebrate that sort of bias all the time when it goes our way.

Comment

• Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
                                                                                        Ya'll are coming off really petty here. It's not necessarily dirty that his dad obviously preferred his son attend Penn State. We celebrate that sort of bias all the time when it goes our way.
                                                                                        I mean if my sons have the God given talent to play D1, teams like Mich OSU and USC won't even be allowed to step foot into my house.

I get it. I'm not angry about this. Keep pushing and force Dad to cave, otherwise move on

Comment

• The questions should be why did Dad not join him on the recruiting trips and why is he bias to PSU off he wasn't able to take in the other schools.
                                                                                          Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by AlaskanIrish
                                                                                            .
                                                                                            EDIT: The post I quoted was deleted for some reason, so I went ahead and deleted it from my post as well. I'll leave my response.

It's not about arguing the ROI spreadsheet, it's about implying that his dad (or someone else) was either paid illegally or is underhanded for preferring his kid stay close to home. You don't have to sell me that ND is a better academic institution than PSU, but casting moral aspersions on a kid or his family for making that choice is douchey (particularly when, unlike his family, 99.9% of the people on this board don't know this kid and don't really care about him beyond how well he can run with a football).
                                                                                            Last edited by greyhammer90; 07-13-2021, 07:56 PM.

Comment

EDIT: The post I quoted was deleted for some reason, so I went ahead and deleted it from my post as well. I'll leave my response.

It's not about arguing the ROI spreadsheet, it's about implying that his dad (or someone else) was either paid illegally or is underhanded for preferring his kid stay close to home. You don't have to sell me that ND is a better academic institution than PSU, but casting moral aspersions on a kid or his family for making that choice is douchey (particularly when, unlike his family, 99.9% of the people on this board don't know this kid and don't really care about him beyond how well he can run with a football).
                                                                                              It’s not douchey to disparage anything that helps to enhance, embolden, or prevent falling into the waste bin of history that wreck after what happened there. We have no problem saying fuck Michigan for their many evils. Why any mention of Pedo State does not include a head turn and spit is beyond me.

Comment

• Penn State is a good school, a strong program with one of the best game day atmospheres in the country, and probably the biggest sports brand in Pennsylvania.

It’s silly to assume dirty play when an Eastern PA kid goes to PSU. Where he grew up, every weekend was about PSU on Saturday and the Birds on Sunday.

Comment

Ya'll are coming off really petty here.
                                                                                                  I am Tom Petty

Comment

• Originally posted by tussin View Post
                                                                                                    Penn State is a good school, a strong program with one of the best game day atmospheres in the country, and probably the biggest sports brand in Pennsylvania.

It’s silly to assume dirty play when an Eastern PA kid goes to PSU. Where he grew up, every weekend was about PSU on Saturday and the Birds on Sunday.
                                                                                                    Steelers probably own the biggest sports brand in Pennsylvania.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish Man3 View Post

Steelers probably own the biggest sports brand in Pennsylvania.
                                                                                                      I was thinking this too, but is it possible that Penn State is bigger within the state? Steelers have a ton more fans, but not all within Pennsylvania.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X