Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'22 PA RB Nicholas Singleton (Penn State Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The sky will not fall if Singleton commits to PSU, welcome to recruiting; ND is not going to get them all. If ND didn't have Price committed and they lost out on Singleton then OK recruiting at the RB position could be questioned.

If Singleton commits to PSU, does he stick?

Comment

• Everything is sticky at pedostate. Not enough bleach in the whole keystone state to clean the shame of what happened there. That program should have been eliminated.

Comment

• I want Singleton and I hope the staff fights for him but JD is a really good pickup after the last 2 classes.

Comment

• If PSU gets rocked this year, I would presume he would look elsewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post
            I want Singleton and I hope the staff fights for him but JD is a really good pickup after the last 2 classes.
            Agreed makes him a want instead of a need. Also still have some lingering minor concerns with his high school offense being a pitch option deal that it may take a bit longer to translate over

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post

Emeka Megwa was the Plan B name that continued to get most talk into June.

Damari Alston, Quinshon Judkins and Gi’Bryan Payne are others.

Staying on Singleton regardless could be an option.

or no second back and fill with guys at other spots.
              I really like Megwa. One of the first 2022 films I watched and he really impressed me. It would suck to miss on Singleton, I'm not throwing in the towel just yet, but I would be happy with Megwa. I'll take 2 RBs from Texas any year. I would also be just fine with Price.
              Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog!

Comment

• Not gonna lie, Wiltfong is hard to take seriously in this situation. He literally CB'd ND a few days ago, and all of a sudden, it's back to PSU? What happens in a few days when ND's staff talks to him?

This is a situation where I want them to land Singleton, but it isn't a need, because ND has their premier back already in the fold. I think some are forgetting just how good Price is. Again, I'd like both, but I'm not gonna lose sleep over it if we don't.
                It's Just a Ride.

Comment

• There are at least two to three of these each cycle. We all know members of the staff feed the services, but it seems on some of these bigger/national prospects the staff (whomever it is) is either overconfident, blind, na´ve, all/some combination of all of these. Nobody is going to bat 1.000. But having a cynical view is almost a requirement when viewing staff fed recruiting updates.

Comment

• I mean, I'm pretty sure the kid has simply flip flopped on his commitment multiple times in the last week. I'll be curious if the staff can get him back in the bag.
                    "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Penn State not just casually rolling over and letting us take the best skill position player in their state?

Been awhile since we've had even a semi-dramatic recruiting battle, so I'm actually looking forward to this one. BTW he absolutely did "silent" to ND on his visit. Grab your popcorn and hope for the best.

Comment

• This cycle is taking me back to the early BK days when recruiting was "fun".

Comment

• Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                          I mean, I'm pretty sure the kid has simply flip flopped on his commitment multiple times in the last week. I'll be curious if the staff can get him back in the bag.
                          I hope they can because I really want to see what a big/fast RB like Singleton can do behind our OL. We've been clamoring for more RB talent and we're starting to stack really high quality RBs.

Comment

• ND is currently the #2 class in the country, we've got Price committed, and one of our prospects takes his visits and CB's change...that's never happened before.

Relax, this staff will keep recruiting Singleton.

Comment

• Hopefully at this point he draws it out to the Fall. To have that large of swings, I wouldn’t be confident PSU wouldn’t keep prying at him even if he did commit to us soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoIll View Post

per who?
                                My recollection of Franklin doing all of said things because he did.
                                It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• https://irishsportsdaily.com/forums/1/topics/60346

Lil Flip said it best, "Game ova"

Last edited by SoIll; 06-30-2021, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoIll View Post
                                    https://irishsportsdaily.com/forums/1/topics/60346

Lil Flip said it best, "Game ova"
                                    Summary?

Comment

• Originally posted by EvilleIrish View Post

Summary?
                                      “Game Ova”

Comment

• Loy’d

Comment

• Ja Juan spider is a hell of a recruiter too. He has pulled some interesting guys to PSU recently like Noah Cain, Keyvonne Lee, and Devin Ford. Him and Franklin probably put the full court press on Singelton. Yurchich is also a decent recruiter.

Comment

• Time to audit some car dealerships...

Comment

• Originally posted by Meatloaf View Post
                                              Loy’d
                                              Fong'd

Comment

• Someone tell me more about how offensive recruiting is as good as the defensive side...

Comment

• Comment

• So we went from him silenting on his visit to going to PSU in like 10 days? Recruiting is wild.

Comment

• PSU turned up the heat on Singleton once Omarion Hampton who they liked more started trending to UNC.

If that didn't happen Singleton probably ends up at ND.

Comment

• (Insert shit emoji)
                                                        60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

• PSU has another bad year, Franklin gets punted and Singleton is ready to flip for good. Winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
                                                            PSU has another bad year, Franklin gets punted and Singleton is ready to flip for good. Winning.
                                                            This

Comment

• UNC bagmen working OT rn
                                                              "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishnuke View Post
                                                                (Insert shit emoji)

Comment

• Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
                                                                  PSU has another bad year, Franklin gets punted and Singleton is ready to flip for good. Winning.
                                                                  Lol, exactly. Serenity now.
                                                                  My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• Can someone help me understand what has happened? We believed we moved into the lead? or he was a silent commit? Then Franklin and his staff got in his ear and he's now 100% locked into PSU?

Comment

• Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post
                                                                      Can someone help me understand what has happened? We believed we moved into the lead? or he was a silent commit? Then Franklin and his staff got in his ear and he's now 100% locked into PSU?
                                                                      Kid silently committed to the Irish on his trip or pretty close to the effect. The PSU crowd has seemingly been in his ear ever since though and it's believed he's hopped back in their boat.
                                                                      "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Does ND still have a chance or is it time to move on?

Comment

• Originally posted by irishandy View Post
                                                                          Does ND still have a chance or is it time to move on?
                                                                          Wait til NSD . . .

Comment

The way this kid appears to be swinging back and forth, I'd say we 100% still have a shot, but I wouldn't bank on it or anything like that.

Comment

Early signing day isn't until 12/15, so I expect both schools will be in hot pursuit until then. We were clearly close to landing him at some point, so I doubt the staff will just stop cold-turkey if he commits to PSU.

Plus, like T-Boone said, if PSU has another down year I could see Franklin being on the hot-seat. On the flip side, ND is young and if we re-load and have another solid 9-10 win season, the sky is the limit with this roster in the coming years. Could be much more appealing to recruits as the fall progresses, not to mention the stud class the staff is already putting together in '22.

Long story short, a lot can change between July and December, and I don't see PSU lighting the world on fire this fall, personally.
                                                                              My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post

The way this kid appears to be swinging back and forth
                                                                                Like when Lynch was going back & forth with ND & FSU, Tuitt had a back & forth game with ND & Georgia Tech, and Ishaq between ND & PSU.....I don't think Singleton's recruitment is over yet.

Comment

• ND is back baby. We need some good vibes here.
                                                                                  Based Mullet Kid owns

Comment

• Loy reporting SIngleton has locked in a commitment date.
                                                                                    "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                                                                      Loy reporting SIngleton has locked in a commitment date.
                                                                                      Next Tuesday July 6th.

Comment

• Well that doesn't bode well considering recent swing in momentum.

Comment

• Even if he commits to PSU, I don't think it is 100% over.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
                                                                                            Well that doesn't bode well considering recent swing in momentum.
                                                                                            In another thread, wasn't one of the commitments pushed from this week to next? Not getting my hopes up or anything.

Comment

• Wake me up on Halloween, the day after they get destroyed in Columbus.

Hell, hopefully some UT booster sits Quinn Ewers down before then and shows him just how much money he'll make in Austin and Allar flips back home. That way maybe we pick up Singleton AND Saunders. They're a 7-5 / 8-4 team tops... right?

Comment

• Who is PSU going to lose to? Ohio State, Wisconsin, maybe michigan?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Turtle View Post
                                                                                                  Who is PSU going to lose to? Ohio State, Wisconsin, maybe michigan?
                                                                                                  The roster and new staff aren't that great. They just ditched their last OC after one year and have a new one now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Turtle View Post
                                                                                                    Who is PSU going to lose to? Ohio State, Wisconsin, maybe michigan?
                                                                                                    Auburn. Clifford vs Nix. Woof.

Potentially Indiana, Iowa. Wouldn’t discount any other road Big Ten games either

Comment

• They just lost last year to Indiana, Maryland, Nebraska, and Iowa.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X