247: NR
    ESPN: NR

247 Composite: NR

Offers
    Michigan
    Oregon
    Penn State

Highlights:
    <iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/4277399/5bd9330d6e8126081812c474' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/4277399/5c06c3a9b3d2a30968ae913f' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 03-25-2021, 12:49 PM.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">ND Football Recruiting | 2022 Colorado RB Gavin Sawchuk (<a href="https://twitter.com/G28football?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@G28football</a>) already has offers from Oregon, Michigan and Penn State and is considering an invite to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Notre Dame</a>&#39;s Irish Invasion (FREE) <a href="https://t.co/chgR58uEDR">https://t.co/chgR58uEDR</a></p>&mdash; Irish Sports Daily (@ISDUpdate) <a href="https://twitter.com/ISDUpdate/status/1105249869609005058?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 11, 2019</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

All the track stars.

They need to start taking a flier on one of these guys at least every other year.

Comment

Reminds of George Atkinson - he runs upright but if he catches a crease he's gone. Look forward to seeing where he's ranked next year or the year after.

Comment

Offered

Comment

CB for the good guys.

Same HS as Christian McCaffrey who just got a record $16M per year.

Already tight with Taylor.

Ran in the 10.8's/100m as a Soph

As a Freshman ran a 6.46/55m. Tyree ran a 6.47 as a Fr.

Ran for 1800 yds and 23 TD's as a Soph

and then this from SI/Irish Breakdown:

Freebie = https://www.si.com/college/notredame...-gavin-sawchuk

Schools from all over the country are after Sawchuk, including Notre Dame. He spoke with BuffsCountry.com publisher Chase Howell about his recruitment and about the Fighting Irish.

Ive always been interested in Notre Dame, Sawchuk told Howell. When I was growing up, in my childhood, that was my favorite school. I used to watch their games all the time and had a whole bunch of Notre Dame gear.

Im definitely interested in them, he continued. The spring of my freshman year I took a trip up there and I really enjoyed it. Its a beautiful place. I love talking to Coach (Lance) Taylor about football and life. I really do like that place, its really cool.

Comment

Littleton should be plenty friendly to ND

Comment

Probably one of the top RB targets for 2022.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">2022 Colorado speedster Gavin Sawchuk (<a href="https://twitter.com/G28football?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@G28football</a>) talks about getting back to work w/ his <a href="https://twitter.com/GoValorFootball?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@GoValorFootb all</a> teammates along w/ his contact &amp; future plans regarding visiting <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Notre Dame</a> <br><br>“I am rescheduling whenever they allow us to get back.” <br><br>(Premium) <a href="https://t.co/Em9eH3EjSS">https://t.co/Em9eH3EjSS</a></p>&mdash; Irish Sports Daily (@ISDUpdate) <a href="https://twitter.com/ISDUpdate/status/1275424310900011008?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 23, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Good to see he wants to visit again. We need visits.

Comment

Watch Taylor go all in on him and Singleton out of PA.

They need a big RB/S/LB ATH as a second in '21. No if/and/but's about it.

Also of note here if it's not in the story, Taylor lost McCaffrey's Dad as HC of Valor. He took the job at Northern Colorado U. Valor's new HC is a local AZ guy who was on ASU's staff last year (Herm let him go). He was Ryan Finley's (NCSt/Bengals) HC in the school district next to me.

Comment

Expected to visit in June like Singleton and Hayden per 247

Comment

Personally I think Sawchuk deserves a bit more attention as a possible option he just doesn’t talk to the media much. His CBs entered are a year old or were put down on the day they were pushing them and no shot they weren’t gonna have some 5 star action on the CB. He’s visited OU and reportedly has great relationship with Demarco Murray but I wouldn’t count out Taylor here. I wouldn’t count out anyone really he’s wide open as far as public is concerned

Comment

Who do we prefer between him and Singleton? (I know we don't lead for either but just curious.)

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
                            Who do we prefer between him and Singleton? (I know we don't lead for either but just curious.)
                            I like Nicholas Singleton and Quinshon Judkins better.

Comment

What do people think in terms of needs for our running back room? Sawchuck and Price are both supposed to be speed guys, Singleton and Hayden (& Judkins?) are more all-rounders, what is the more pressing need for us in this class?

Comment

Originally posted by Irish du Nord View Post
                                What do people think in terms of needs for our running back room? Sawchuck and Price are both supposed to be speed guys, Singleton and Hayden (& Judkins?) are more all-rounders, what is the more pressing need for us in this class?
                                The pressing need is to sign 2 good RBs

Comment

Originally posted by Irish du Nord View Post
                                  Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post

The pressing need is to sign 2 good RBs
                                  I'd say getting 2 RB's is important, but making sure that one of them is a home-run hitter is as important as anything.

Diggs is a well-rounded type of RB, and Estime is gonna punish defenders.

But you can't go two classes in a row without a burner if you want your offense to get over the top, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLion View Post

I'd say getting 2 RB's is important, but making sure that one of them is a home-run hitter is as important as anything.

Diggs is a well-rounded type of RB, and Estime is gonna punish defenders.

But you can't go two classes in a row without a burner if you want your offense to get over the top, imo.
                                    Price fits the bill as a burner.

I'd go Sawchuk, Hayden, Singleton of the remaining three targets. Really like all three tho.

Comment

Originally posted by jspags10pg View Post

Price fits the bill as a burner.

I'd go Sawchuk, Hayden, Singleton of the remaining three targets. Really like all three tho.
                                      Duh. How do I forget the guy in the fold already.

Then take whoever wants the other spot first lol

Comment

Yea, I think after last class speed is the most important thing. I think Price runs pretty well, better than both Diggs and Estime so he's an upgrade there. Between the 3, Sawchuk is the fastest so he'd be #1. But, I don't see that as likely at the present. Singleton next, and Hayden 3rd. If we're purely talking speed. In order of best back, I'd go Singleton, Hayden Sawchuk.

Comment

I was giving this some thought the other day with the potential for new RB offers. And while I like Judkins quite a bit, I'd take him in any class and be happy.

I would like to look for a speedster with the 2nd slot, if we miss on the big 3. I'm talking elite speed even if it has to come from a smaller APB. And, since I'm pretty high on Price as a well rounded back I don't have any concerns with getting a guy that can be the "bell cow" back.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                            Yea, I think after last class speed is the most important thing. I think Price runs pretty well, better than both Diggs and Estime so he's an upgrade there. Between the 3, Sawchuk is the fastest so he'd be #1. But, I don't see that as likely at the present. Singleton next, and Hayden 3rd. If we're purely talking speed. In order of best back, I'd go Singleton, Hayden Sawchuk.
                                            Do they have verified track times? Or are you talking eye test? I'd be happy with any of the 4 you mentioned. All of them have good highlight tapes and look explosive.

And Judkins highlights sure look like elite accleration. He starts/stops/redirects effortlessly. I'd take him in a heartbeat if he wanted to be the 2nd back right now. The others be damned. He is vastly underrated.
                                            Last edited by Trait Expectations; 03-25-2021, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Do they have verified track times? Or are you talking eye test? I'd be happy with any of the 4 you mentioned. All of them have good highlight tapes and look explosive.

And Judkins highlights sure look like elite accleration. He starts/stops/redirects effortlessly. I'd take him in a heartbeat if he wanted to be the 2nd back right now. The others be damned. He is vastly underrated.
                                              Price ran a 10.9 as a sophomore and Sawchuk has run a 10.66 (dare I say he's the Chris Tyree of the 2022 class?)

Comment

See above, verified times for a couple of them and eye test for the others. Singleton looks more explosive, I’d bet he take Hayden in a foot race. But we know Price has good speed, 10.9 is no joke. And we know Sawchuk has elite football speed. Sub 10.7 is a different gear.

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                  CB for the good guys.

Same HS as Christian McCaffrey who just got a record $16M per year.

Already tight with Taylor.

Ran in the 10.8's/100m as a Soph

As a Freshman ran a 6.46/55m. Tyree ran a 6.47 as a Fr.

Ran for 1800 yds and 23 TD's as a Soph

and then this from SI/Irish Breakdown:

Freebie = https://www.si.com/college/notredame...-gavin-sawchuk
                                                  Still liking your CB crus??
                                                  Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Looks like the last weekend in June.

Comment

June is going to be a very busy recruiting month. Glad to see official visits are back.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                      Working...
                                                      X