No announcement yet.

'22 IN QB Brady Allen (Purdue Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the 247 message board Wiltfong started a thread about QB recruiting being the biggest failure at ND and went on to say ND should look at Brady Allen.

Doesn't that seem odd for him to do that? Does he know something?

He just did a story on him Saturday.

Maybe our OG #1 QB is back in play?

FREEBIE from Wiltfong/247

https://247sports.com/Article/Brady-...son-172212669/

Comment

• Well.. at least we know BK likes tall QBs.

Comment

• Originally posted by BobbyMac View Post
        On the 247 message board Wiltfong started a thread about QB recruiting being the biggest failure at ND and went on to say ND should look at Brady Allen.

Could just be him spit balling names now that it's confirmed Tommy/Kelly want 2 QBs in the class.

Comment

• Recruit more QB's.

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post

Could just be him spit balling names now that it's confirmed Tommy/Kelly want 2 QBs in the class.
            Maybe.

But can't say I've seen Wiltfong call for one team to recruit someone else's committed player. Just seems odd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
              Recruit more QB's.
              Yep, gotta switch up the strategy. At first glance, taking 1 every year makes sense. We seem to target low transfer risks after landing blue chip QB recruits which would seem ridiculous if the other playoff contenders did it, but at least there is some sort of logic there. Kelly and Rees also seem to be very careful about their QBs emotional state, by committing to open QB competitions and naming starters in a delicate manner. And you certainly don't want to break your QBs mentally so that also has some logic behind it.

Problem is we have 12 years of evidence that this is not getting the necessary results. I have a lot of love for Book and I hate that these discussions always seem to end up painting him in a bad light. But, he wouldn't have started at Bama Clemson or OSU. Yet he's the best QB of the BK era with Kizer in the discussion.

Something needs to change with the position and that starts with recruiting. Take 2 a year. Land some more fucken blue chip guys. This is ND for Pete's sake. Guys will transfer, it's the nature of the position and CFB as a whole. But it's too important of a position to not get right. Bring in more talented bodies and let the cream rise to the top.

Comment

• This kid is not rated, but we're supposed to be all over him?

Comment

• And without it going into a Book hate fest. Just think of it like this. ND lost Phil J to keep Book. OSU lost Joe Burrows to keep Justin Fields. Bama lost Jalen Hurts to keep Tua. These are not even in the same football universe. And, that's not to mention, why are we the ones not getting the Joe Burrows and Jalen Hurts transfers but the Jack Coan's?

It's pretty obvious the envelope needs to be pushed. Now, it's just whether or not they can successfully push it.

Comment

• Originally posted by tko View Post
                    This kid is not rated, but we're supposed to be all over him?

Comment

• Lets go!
                      Him or that Wimsatt kid. He can escape a stinky pocket.

Comment

247 composite 4 star with a .90 rating. I think the eval would be he's big strong, athletic, but quite raw as a QB.

High upside, low floor type of prospect. With all that said, I haven't seen any film of him from this season.

Comment

We were on and off him before he was rated.

He's a 4* on all the services. He's #150 OA on Rivals.

Comment

We were on and off him before he was rated.

He's a 4* on all the services. He's #150 OA on Rivals.
                            The way Fong spoke of him makes me think he'll get a 247 bump as well.

Comment

• He's having an excellent statistical season

7G ..... 115 / 159 ..... 72% ..... 1817 yds ..... 27 TD ..... 0 Int

Comment

• Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
                                Lets go!
                                Him or that Wimsatt kid. He can escape a stinky pocket.
                                Wimsatt has been enrolled at Rutgers for about a month already. #NIL

Interestingly, someone at 247 (Loy?) said Wimsatt was under the impression ND would take 2 QBs when they went after him and Angeli. So the idea of taking 2 this cycle has been on Kelly/Rees mind for several months now.

Comment

• Thank you. I did a glance at page 1 and didn't research. I think he's way too tall!

Comment

• Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post

The way Fong spoke of him makes me think he'll get a 247 bump as well.
                                    Yep.

They have him behind Tayven Jackson (Tenn Commit) but then said Allen was the favorite for Indiana Mr. Football.

Comment

Yep.

They have him behind Tayven Jackson (Tenn Commit) but then said Allen was the favorite for Indiana Mr. Football.
                                      Another 2nd QB I would've love to see them go after.

Comment

• Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post

Wimsatt has been enrolled at Rutgers for about a month already. #.
                                        What?
                                        is this something ND is going to start to do?
                                        get some of the 23s in a year early.

Comment

What?
                                          If we can’t develop a 20 year-old, how can we develop a 17 year-old?

Comment

• Originally posted by dad4aa View Post

If we can’t develop a 20 year-old, how can we develop a 17 year-old?
                                            I am thinking Keeley and Sonny. We can develop this positions.

Comment

What?
                                              Re-classifying became very popular for HS basketball prospects. Now it seems like it's becoming more trendy for football players as well.

I haven't seen anything to say that ND will be looking at this but I sure hope it's at least discussed. I mean, we got some smarty pants kids that could probably make it work, right? Keon Keeley. I'd love to get him in the 2022 class, lol.

Comment

Re-classifying became very popular for HS basketball prospects. Now it seems like it's becoming more trendy for football players as well.

I haven't seen anything to say that ND will be looking at this but I sure hope it's at least discussed. I mean, we got some smarty pants kids that could probably make it work, right? Keon Keeley. I'd love to get him in the 2022 class, lol.
                                                It has got to help with Styles recruderment as well. There's got to be big NIL opportunities for the Style's lads playing a couple years together.

Comment

• Would guys even qualify for ND after 3 years of high school? They might not have the second year of foreign language requirement. Semi-serious

Comment

247 composite 4 star with a .90 rating. I think the eval would be he's big strong, athletic, but quite raw as a QB.

High upside, low floor type of prospect. With all that said, I haven't seen any film of him from this season.
                                                    Allen's stats
                                                    140-176. 73.9 % 2124yds 33 TDs 0 INTs 135 yds rush 2 TDs
                                                    7-1 record

No offense at all, but don't think his QB ability is raw since his sophomore year. What I saw Saturday vs. Va Tech was raw.

Comment

• Originally posted by ND4418 View Post

Allen's stats
                                                      7-1 record

No offense at all, but don't think his QB ability is raw since his sophomore year. What I saw Saturday vs. Va Tech was raw.
                                                      None taken but Im going to go out on a limb and say the competition might have something to do with that. I don’t know if Brady would be putting up those stats if he played against VT on Saturday versus some HS kids on Fridays. The step up in competition is always easier said than done.

Anyways, it wasn’t intended to be a slight. It’s the general consensus from the ratings services and pretty much what Wiltfong said of him at 247. Which is why I went on to say that I had not seen any recent film of him (sounds like he’s ballin) but I’d love to have him as a 2nd QB in the class.

FWIW, big fan here.

Comment

• Originally posted by ND4418 View Post

Allen's stats
                                                        7-1 record

welcome to the board!
                                                        Prehistoric

Comment

In hindsight ideally Buchner should have re classified and been in the 20 class instead of what ever it is he did last year.

Comment

• Allen is nice, Allen is good, but other than Jeff George, Grossman maybe
                                                            Hoosier quarterbacks, amassing stats against weak competition wind up like
                                                            Hunter Johnson
                                                            Gunner Kiel
                                                            Brandon Peters
                                                            Danny Etling
                                                            and a host of others.

This is Notre Dame.

WALKER HOWARD.

Go big or go home

Comment

None taken but Im going to go out on a limb and say the competition might have something to do with that. I don’t know if Brady would be putting up those stats if he played against VT on Saturday versus some HS kids on Fridays. The step up in competition is always easier said than done.

Anyways, it wasn’t intended to be a slight. It’s the general consensus from the ratings services and pretty much what Wiltfong said of him at 247. Which is why I went on to say that I had not seen any recent film of him (sounds like he’s ballin) but I’d love to have him as a 2nd QB in the class.

FWIW, big fan here.
                                                              The conference he plays in isn’t great. His HS really beefed up their non conference and he has played great.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrownerandFry View Post
                                                                Allen is nice, Allen is good, but other than Jeff George, Grossman maybe
                                                                Hoosier quarterbacks, amassing stats against weak competition wind up like
                                                                Hunter Johnson
                                                                Gunner Kiel
                                                                Brandon Peters
                                                                Danny Etling
                                                                and a host of others.

This is Notre Dame.

WALKER HOWARD.

Go big or go home
                                                                First off... no Mirer mention is a self imposed 1 week vacation. No Blair Kiel mention tags on an extra day.

Then there's the 3 Cradle of QB's: Mark Hermann, Mike Phipps & one that got away from ND... Bob Griese.

How about the prolific Zach Terrell? The guy who put Row the Boat on the map with his 12,000 yds at WMU.

But oddest of all is you left off ND Dreamer, Jay Cutler who played for Allen's arch rival, Heritage Hills.

Now take a lap and we'll see ya in a week!

Comment

• Strange recruitment….

Comment

First off... no Mirer mention is a self imposed 1 week vacation. No Blair Kiel mention tags on an extra day.

Then there's the 3 Cradle of QB's: Mark Hermann, Mike Phipps & one that got away from ND... Bob Griese.

How about the prolific Zach Terrell? The guy who put Row the Boat on the map with his 12,000 yds at WMU.

But oddest of all is you left off ND Dreamer, Jay Cutler who played for Allen's arch rival, Heritage Hills.

How does anyone leave out Hermann, Phipps & Griese? I still remember Hermann being on the cover of my dad’s Street & Smith magazine football preview.

Comment

• Is there any legit communication between ND and Allen?

Comment

On the 247 message board Wiltfong started a thread about QB recruiting being the biggest failure at ND and went on to say ND should look at Brady Allen.

Isn’t Wiltfong an Indiana native? He may know something or is just pointing out the obvious. He talked about the ND QB recruiting on the Pod of Gold w/ the SBT boys.

Comment

Yeah, how can you be an Irish fan and not mention Mirer or Kiel?

BTW, I saw most of George's games when he was at Warren. Saw Mirer and Grossman play a number of times. As a HS QB George is the only HS QB I ever saw that I was confident he would lead a two minute drill to win. Granted his teams normally rolled the comp, but he had a couple of close games that required him to go the length to win and he did effortlessly. Mirer was very poised playing QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

Yeah, how can you be an Irish fan and not mention Mirer or Kiel?

BTW, I saw most of George's games when he was at Warren. Saw Mirer and Grossman play a number of times. As a HS QB George is the only HS QB I ever saw that I was confident he would lead a two minute drill to win. Granted his teams normally rolled the comp, but he had a couple of close games that required him to go the length to win and he did effortlessly. Mirer was very poised playing QB.
                                                                            I always assumed George had what is now referred today as a “QB Dad” for a father. They’re everywhere in today’s 7-on-7 landscape.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishize View Post

I always assumed George had what is now referred today as a “QB Dad” for a father. They’re everywhere in today’s 7-on-7 landscape.
                                                                              He did. Worked with him all the time. From what I read, they threw the football a lot in youth football which was not common back then. Haven't seen any youth football in ages, so I don't know if you see more passing today or not?

Comment

• Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
                                                                                Is there any legit communication between ND and Allen?
                                                                                Not that I'm aware of. BobbyMac bumped this thread because Wiltfong posted, at II, that if ND is looking for a 2nd QB, they should double back on Allen. I haven't seen any follow up to suggest contact has been made. With the coaches on the road this week, we'll see if they check in on any other 2022 QB's.

Comment

Not that I'm aware of. BobbyMac bumped this thread because Wiltfong posted, at II, that if ND is looking for a 2nd QB, they should double back on Allen. I haven't seen any follow up to suggest contact has been made. With the coaches on the road this week, we'll see if they check in on any other 2022 QB's.
                                                                                  It was also the fact that Wiltfong had just interviewed Allen and and his coach after a game. Just felt like Wiltfong was sitting on something that made him step out of character and start a ND message board thread about ND circling back on a committed player.

Maybe it's nothing? Just felt weird.

Comment

Busted

I have shamed myself, my ancestors and Emil Sitko!

I could weasel out and say that I caught static here for offering Harry Gonso's name in a response to "what ever came out of Findlay." but that would be disingenous rationalization

I will not appeal. Be back the 22d of October.

Comment

• I am assuming based on what highlights I've seen here that this isn't a mobile QB, correct? He's tall with a big arm but asking him to run is probably going to ask too much?
                                                                                      It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• I get the desire to have 4 scholarship QBs on the roster, but if that’s the case, mine the portal for another Coan. Having 4 means nothing if your bottom 2 are true freshmen.

If taking a second ‘22 QB means they are even 0.01% less likely to land one of the ‘23 studs, don’t f around with it.

Comment

• All I’ll say is I wouldn’t get my hopes up with this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by EvilleIrish View Post
                                                                                            All I’ll say is I wouldn’t get my hopes up with this one.
                                                                                            He’s given up his ND fandom and entered the Mertz Zone?

I would’ve too.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHIDomer9 View Post
                                                                                              I get the desire to have 4 scholarship QBs on the roster, but if that’s the case, mine the portal for another Coan. Having 4 means nothing if your bottom 2 are true freshmen.

If taking a second ‘22 QB means they are even 0.01% less likely to land one of the ‘23 studs, don’t f around with it.
                                                                                              A wild Spencer Rattler approaches...

Comment

He’s given up his ND fandom and entered the Mertz Zone?

I would’ve too.
                                                                                                Tommy has certainly made some interesting decisions over the years. McNamara over Mertz. Didn’t land either. Instead got Clark who likely will never be a P5 QB. We’ll have McCarthy versus Buchner. Angeli versus Allen and Allar? Can’t say that gets me too excited but I’ll forget all about it if he lands any of Arnold, Moore, or Nico and Julian Sayin.

Comment

Tommy has certainly made some interesting decisions over the years. McNamara over Mertz. Didn’t land either. Instead got Clark who likely will never be a P5 QB. We’ll have McCarthy versus Buchner. Angeli versus Allen and Allar? Can’t say that gets me too excited but I’ll forget all about it if he lands any of Arnold, Moore, or Nico and Julian Sayin.
                                                                                                  Not an Arch fan?

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post

Not an Arch fan?
                                                                                                    I’m not, but it’s irrelevant to why he was omitted. No way he comes to ND

Comment

• Flat dealt in the state title game today. Really hope we don’t regret passing on this guy.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X