This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Irish Man3 View Post
    Big time update over at ISD this morning. Really recommend you guys checking them out if you aren't already a member.

Things should get very interesting over the next ten days.
    Thinking about it. 247 does a good job, but ISD seems to really pump out the intel.

Comment

• Originally posted by arrowryan View Post

Thinking about it. 247 does a good job, but ISD seems to really pump out the intel.
      Highly recommended

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish Man3 View Post
        Big time update over at ISD this morning. Really recommend you guys checking them out if you aren't already a member.

Things should get very interesting over the next ten days.
        Yea, Mike Frank just dropped an absolute bomb of positive news.
        "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post

Yea, Mike Frank just dropped an absolute bomb of positive news.
          Spill the deats

Comment

• Originally posted by arrowryan View Post

Spill the deats
            He seems to think we will see decisions made in the next week and weekend from much of our board: Singleton, Anderson, Morrison, Ayomanor, Hinzman, Brunner, Schrauth, Pope, Nwankpa, Taylor, Sneed, Hayden, Moore, and even CJ Williams.

https://irishsportsdaily.com/forums/1/topics/60124
            "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Singer had an update last night where he said there are essentially 6 silent commits.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                Singer had an update last night where he said there are essentially 6 silent commits.
                I did not at all agree with his definition of a silent though. He essentially defined it as someone will lead for who is deciding soon or could pull the trigger soon which is not what I think or when reading the word silent commit.
                Last edited by Dale; 06-21-2021, 09:56 AM.

Comment

He seems to think we will see decisions made in the next week and weekend from much of our board: Singleton, Anderson, Morrison, Ayomanor, Hinzman, Brunner, Schrauth, Pope, Nwankpa, Taylor, Sneed, Hayden, Moore, and even CJ Williams.

https://irishsportsdaily.com/forums/1/topics/60124
                  Gonna be fun following only class of ‘23 and Anthony Lucas’ recruitment till NSD lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post

Gonna be fun following only class of ‘23 and Anthony Lucas’ recruitment till NSD lol
                    don't you mean the plan B's for all those guys?

Comment

And Merriweather, right? I think his plan is is to take it into the all star games/NSD?

Comment

• Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post

And Merriweather, right? I think his plan is is to take it into the all star games/NSD?
                        Should have used italics but yeah I think there is some thought he may not stick to that but that’s what he says.

Comment

Singer had an update last night where he said there are essentially 6 silent commits.
                          is that for '22 recruits only or does it include any '23 guys? Keeley comes to mind.

Comment

• .9766 4* Xavier Nwankpa - 6/18/21
                            .8958 4* Benjamin Morrison - 6/11/21
                            .8900 3* Devin Moore - 6/11/21
                            .8889 4* Jake Pope - 6/11/21
                            .8839 3* Jayden Bellamy - 6/18/21
                            .8678 3* Kevin Winston - 6/25/21

Am I missing anyone from the DB board? Nikai Martinez is off, Covil is going to Clemson, Cam Miller doesn't seem to have much ND traction, and Austin Ausberry has been dead silent since he came on a visit/camp and got his offer. I hope the top two guys are our commits for the 2022 DB class. Nwankpa seems to be a OSU/ND battle that seems to be reaching decision time soon! I lean towards OSU with all of the CB's from 247/Rivals but you never know. Morrison is picked by Singer, Loy and Sinclair to come to ND so that has me hopeful but his top 2 seems to be Washington/ND and they've got their OV this weekend. For Jake Pope I hope ND can beat out UNC for him because he'd be another great get. Devin Moore has Singer/Loy CB's and should hopefully make a decision soon but still has 4 OV's to use if he wants. Jayden Bellamy is an interesting one because I see CB's to Rutgers for him and an OV to Penn State but not much on what came from his visit to ND. I imagine the DB board will have some answers here really soon as to who will join the fold. My dream class would be Nwankpa, Mickey, Morrison and Pope. After that Winston, Moore, and then Bellamy. I can't imagine the staff takes many more than 4 DB's this cycle so I hope they are needle-movers! For Nwankpa, an OSU safeties board of:

.9640 4* Josh Proctor
                            .9485 4* Ronnie Hickman
                            .9291 4* Kourt Williams
                            .9286 4* Lathan Ransom
                            .9269 4* Andre Turrentine
                            .9269 4* Jantzen Dunn
                            .8851 3* Jaylen Johnson
                            .8756 3* Bryson Shaw
                            .8701 3* Marcus Hooker

Outside of Houston Griffith (leaving), Kyle Hamilton (leaving) and I think Litchfield Ajavon there's not much in the way of highly and heavily recruited talent. That's not to say ND's got no talent but they sure seem to have a better depth chart built for upward mobility than Ohio State's where he'll have to compete just to get in the rotation his freshman year. I'll be very curious between now and mid-July what happens with ND and their DB board. I'm cautiously optimistic!

Comment

• TX S Robert Fitzgerald is getting a NW CB from Wiltfong after his OV there.

This is how Pat Fitzgerald has been able to win so many games. Quality job here.

Comment

TX S Robert Fitzgerald is getting a NW CB from Wiltfong after his OV there.

This is how Pat Fitzgerald has been able to win so many games. Quality job here.
                                That northwestern offer for DBs is one I'm really starting to take notice of these past few years. Kinda like the Virginia tech offer in the bud foster days
                                Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

TX S Robert Fitzgerald is getting a NW CB from Wiltfong after his OV there.

Like safety Trevon Howard's CB's too. He's a guy I've liked since he was playing with Jalen Suggs in Minny.

Comment

• Mike Frank says he's not sure how good he feels about any of the Wisconsin boys.

Comment

• I think all of the pay sites are starting to ease the subscribers into the idea that ND will go 0-3 for the Wiscy boys. Hopefully they can keep up the momentum for Wagner.

Comment

• Always felt Heyer would be the next guy ND would jump on but it didn't happen. So you know what that means, they always end up at Stanford, SC or Michigan.

Comment

• Judging by the way Tommy and his offensive assistants recruit, thank god we have Marcus Freeman and his defensive assistants.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColinKSU View Post
                                            Judging by the way Tommy and his offensive assistants recruit, thank god we have Marcus Freeman and his defensive assistants.
                                            I think you'll have a hard time complaining about Del when you look at his '21/'22 classes and Quinn has 4/5's of his next 3 seasons locked up.

I guess TE could be going better.

Comment

• Originally posted by BobbyMac View Post

I think you'll have a hard time complaining about Del when you look at his '21/'22 classes and Quinn has 4/5's of his next 3 seasons locked up.

I guess TE could be going better.
                                              They have to actually land those players they haven’t landed yet, so I guess we’ll see. I know Freeman and his assistants can do that.

I appreciate the optimism though.

Comment

• Mickens and O’Leary (half our D staff), unless we land Nwankpa, will have whiffed on their blue chip targets. I suppose they are not tenured as Alexander but h/t Singer pointing out the overall scrutiny of some coaches versus others

I’m 100% playing devils advocate here btw

Comment

They have to actually land those players they haven’t landed yet, so I guess we’ll see. I know Freeman and his assistants can do that.

I appreciate the optimism though.
                                                  They will not land one WR you won't like this cycle and they're gonna land at least 4. They are already turning away / slow playing guys we'd have killed for in recent years.

Now, I'd like a Buchner / 5*Phil level of QB at least every other year but maybe that's coming in '24 if you know what I'm Sayin

Last edited by BobbyMac; 06-30-2021, 01:21 PM.

Comment

.9747 4* Jakailin Johnson
                                                    .9681 4* Jordan Hancock
                                                    .9269 4* Andre Turrentine
                                                    .9269 4* Jantzen Dunn
                                                    .9215 4* Denzel Burke
                                                    .8851 3* Jaylen Johnson

.9918 5* Jaheim Singletary
                                                    .9747 4* Terrance Brooks
                                                    .9497 4* Jyaire Brown
                                                    .8899 3* Ryan Turner
                                                    .8858 4* Kye Stokes (4* on Rivals and ESPN)

.9774 4* Zion Branch - current leader but long way to go with a top 5 (Alabama, Clemson, Oklahoma, Ohio State, and USC)
                                                    .9766 4* Xavier Nwankpa - OSU/ND battle

If I'm ND I'm hammering home this picture. Nwankpa can walk in and potentially start from Day 1 at ND. There's close to a 0% chance of that happening at Ohio State. Hats off to Kerry Coombs for finding the right bag men in his recruiting but Nwankpa should realize that this is a crazy depth chart and one injury could derail his development there with them recruiting at this level. I think he's close to a Kyle Hamilton-type player but in OSU's class he could end up being the 4th or even 5th highest rated DB they have coming in which is wild.

.8992 4* Philip Riley
                                                    .8871 3* Khari Gee
                                                    .8722 3* Ryan Barnes
                                                    .8721 3* Justin Walters
                                                    .8721 3* Chance Tucker
                                                    .8647 3* JoJo Johnson

.9129 4* Jaden Mickey

That's laughably different than OSU's 2021 and 2022 classes.

Comment

• ND is selling him on early PT, that is confirmed, but doing so in the fashion you describe is a dangerous web. They’ve done it from the lense of look what Kyle Hamilton has done. Comparing to more talented rosters can raise negative questions namely:

- Talented players want to play with talented players, most are confident they will win out anyways. Also the iron sharpens iron aspect.

- Less talented roster tends to lead to less NFL production, which is certainly the case at DB here.

- Less talented rosters will often lead to less winning which between the two is a debate for sure but not sure one we win.

On the flip side, you can turn all those things around on guys like Zach Rice as why to not choose the easy depth chart.

Comment

Also the iron sharpens iron aspect.
                                                        ugh
                                                        I have invested everything BUT tuition for Notre Dame. I make no apologies.

Comment

• Originally posted by BobbyMac View Post

They will not land one WR you won't like this cycle and they're gonna land at least 4. They are already turning away / slow playing guys we'd have killed for in recent years.

Now, I'd like a Buchner / 5*Phil level of QB at least every other year but maybe that's coming in '24 if you know what I'm Sayin

Was Anderson one of the WRs they turned away?

Comment

Was Anderson one of the WRs they turned away?
                                                            No or we would've heard they won't be recruiting him anymore.

I do get the feeling they didn't close on him when they could have. Whether that was misreading the room feeling they had him 100% in the boat but wanted to figure out Ayomanor before taking his commitment or feeling so confident after he told the staff he was coming to South Bend, that they let him go to Shoetopia for a look behind the Phil's curtain. To me it seems to be a procedural problem in the Tommy/BK greenlighting Del to close.

That said... The finish is set up for the Walker, Tobias, CJ, Ayomanor finish that I've been hoping for since Elic came into the picture and I gave up on Bradshaw.

Comment

• Yeah as good as Anderson could be, I'm more excited about Ayomanor. Yeah it's a lazy comparison, but wouldn't we all love another Claypool?

Comment

• If you could wave a magic wand and have any one of Rice, Nwankpa or Singleton in the class who would you take (I pick those 3 because they are each excellent players and each about equally likely to be an ND commit)?

I think Rice is the correct answer but its not easy.
                                                                Last edited by T-Boone; 07-03-2021, 02:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
                                                                  If you could wave a magic wand and have any one of Rice, Nwankpa or Singleton in the class who would you take (I pick those 3 because they are each excellent players and each about equally likely to be an ND commit)?

I think Rice is the correct answer but its not easy.
                                                                  Nwankpa.

Comment

Nwankpa.
                                                                    Ditto and it's not even close for me TBH
                                                                    Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• I'll go Rice for conversations sake. Give me the best possible Online for Buchner and our RBs that we can have.
                                                                      Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post

Ditto and it's not even close for me TBH
                                                                        That’s where I’d be at. We lose Hamilton and Griffith after this season. We need to stud S to come in behind them.

Comment

• Nwanker.

Quinn's got 4 spots locked up through '23. He just needs one OG to step forward and the lack of a star '22 OT helps Quinn sell Proctor and other '23 heavyweights.

Obviously more questions at safety, although I have a feeling Walters and Gee will punch WAY above their ratings.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Yes, yes, and yes. Love it.

Comment

• somewhere Lucky is happy

EDIT: should have hit refresh lol
                                                                                  Prehistoric

Comment

Yes, yes, and yes. Love it.
                                                                                    Speed speed speed

Comment

• Is there an early enrollee list yet for the 2022 class?

Comment

• This actually spans multiple classes but I'll leave it here for now. This is a great feature that Matt Freeman at ISD put together. It's highlights from various ND commits and targets that played HS games/scrimmages over the last week. Over 20 different hudl films/twitter embed, etc. Check it out.

Social Media Reaction | Notre Dame Football Recruiting Targets | Irish Sports Daily

Comment

• Comment

• Singer have an interesting take here?

https://notredame.rivals.com/news/lu...he-2022-class-

Comment

• Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                                                                                              Singer have an interesting take here?

https://notredame.rivals.com/news/lu...he-2022-class-
                                                                                              Please enlighten.
                                                                                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by deise mike View Post

Please enlighten.
                                                                                                No I am asking lol

Comment

• Anyone know anything about Dre Browns Sept 1st post? Sounds mysteriously exciting, maybe

Comment

• Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
                                                                                                    Anyone know anything about Dre Browns Sept 1st post? Sounds mysteriously exciting, maybe

I'm not 100% sure on it but I believe that is the first day coaches can initiate contact with HS juniors?

Comment

• Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post

I'm not 100% sure on it but I believe that is the first day coaches can initiate contact with HS juniors?
                                                                                                      https://247sports.com/Player/Kyler-Kasper-46104102/

Listened to Singer's Tuesday show with local South Bend radio - sounds like it's likely about Kyler Kasper. Apparently his dad played with Dre Brown too.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X