X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bama Bump is real

https://247sports.com/player/walter-bob-46101903/

This kid was unranked, commits to Alabama and is instantly 13th best SDE in the country lol
    What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Still think Gobaira is too low but his season just started last night so maybe he can make some noise in the coming weeks.

If ND is able to land Lucas, he'd be the first 5 star DL commit since the 2011.

Comment

• Here is the full update

[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/247Sports/status/1364621534208401413[/TWITTER]

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
          Here is the full update

[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/247Sports/status/1364621534208401413[/TWITTER]
          This is the most prospects we have truly been in the running for in a long time in the top 250.
          Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• ND is really involved with a lot of top talent so I wanted to break it down into tiers.

Top 100
            OL Zach Rice
            S Xavier Nwankpa
            DT Anthony Lucas
            Edge Cyrus Moss
            OL Tyler Booker
            RB Nicholas Singleton
            RB Gavin Sawchuk
            WR CJ Williams
            WR Kaleb Brown
            WR Tyler Morris
            WR Tobias Merriweather
            LB Niuafe Tuihalamaka
            LB Joshua Burnham
            WR Kaden Saunders
            OL Amil Wagner
            QB Gavin Wimsatt

100-200
            DB Jaden Gould
            CB Jyaire Brown
            DB Cam Miller
            LB Sebastian Cheeks
            LB Devon Jackson
            OL Billy Schrauth
            DB Sherrod Covil

200-250
            WDE DJ Wesolak
            TE Holden Staes
            DL Ernest "RJ" Cooper
            OL Jake Taylor
            CB Nikai Martinez
            CB Jaden Mickey
            RB Dallan Hayden
            Edge Tevarua Tafiti
            Last edited by Luckylucci; 03-01-2021, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• Theoretically and being fairly realistic we could close out our RB, LB, OL, DL, WR, and QB all from that list. And, with regards to DB, a lot of those guys are in play, it just seem very likely we land some guys not on that list.

OL would be 2-3 of Schrauth, Wagner, Booker, and Rice.
              RB would be one of Hayden, Singleton, and Sawchuk.
              WR would be flipping Saunders, Morris, and Tobias Merriweather (who West coast guys think is an ND/Stanford battle)
              DL would be Lucas, Tafiti, and Wesolak
              LB would be Junior, Cheeks, and Jackson
              QB Wimsatt (maybe Allar eventually enters the picture and he'd be on this list as well)
              DB might be pretty hard to reach. But, recruitniks think there is a lot smoke with Jyaire Brown, Top 2 for Martinez, top 2-3 for Gould, top few for Nwankpa, top 2-3 for Covil,

Comment

ND is really involved with a lot of top talent so I wanted to break it down into tiers.

Top 100
                Zach Rice
                Xavier Nwankpa
                Anthony Lucas
                Cyrus Moss
                Tyler Booker
                Nicholas Singleton
                Gavin Sawchuk
                CJ Williams
                Kaleb Brown
                Tyler Morris
                Tobias Merriweather
                Niuafe Tuihalamaka
                Joshua Burnham
                Kaden Saunders
                Amil Wagner
                Gavin Wimsatt

100-200
                Jaden Gould
                Jyaire Brown
                Sebastian Cheeks
                Devon Jackson
                Billy Schrauth
                Sherrod Covil

200-250
                DJ Wesolak
                Jake Taylor
                Nikai Martinez
                Dallan Hayden
                Tevarua Tafiti
                thanks for doing this
                EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• Nikai Martinez should probably have a profile lol

has a FutureCast from Simger and not yet but I’m guessing will have Loy CB in next 24 hours

Comment

• Current Loy CBs + commits

QB
                    Steve Angeli - 8 CB

RB
                    Jadarian Price - Committed

WR

TE
                    Jack Nickel - Committed
                    Holden Staes - 6 CB
                    Eli Raridon - 6 CB

OL
                    Ty Chan - Committed
                    Joey Tanona - Committed
                    Billy Schrauth - 8 CB

DL
                    Tyson Ford - Committed
                    Aiden Gobaira - Committed
                    DJ Wesolak - 8 CB
                    Tevarua Tafiti - 7 CB
                    Donovan Hinish - 7 CB
                    Alex Bauman - 7 CB

LB
                    Nolan Ziegler - Committed
                    Sebastian Cheeks - 7 CB
                    NiuafeTuihalamaka - 6 CB
                    Devon Jackson - 6 CB

CB
                    S

ATH
                    Addison Copeland - 7 CB
                    Cooper Barkate - 7 CB

Sorry if I missed one but interesting to take a step back and see them together. Could add Singer’s FutureCast’ if you want to get weird

Comment

• It’s interesting that he has no WR predictions. There was an article from BGI about Antonio Williams that sounded fairly optimistic. Biggins at 247 thinks it’s ND or Stanford for Tobias Merriweather. Wiltfong said Morris’s best relationship is with Rees. Biggins also said that ND is very much in it for CJ williams. Apparently not the typical Cali WR. I got Juju vines from his interview. And we were damn close to winning that one. Maybe we can get over the top now.

Comment

• Camron Miller 4* Florida Ath offered

Comment

Theoretically and being fairly realistic we could close out our RB, LB, OL, DL, WR, and QB all from that list. And, with regards to DB, a lot of those guys are in play, it just seem very likely we land some guys not on that list.

OL would be 2-3 of Schrauth, Wagner, Booker, and Rice.
                          RB would be one of Hayden, Singleton, and Sawchuk.
                          WR would be flipping Saunders, Morris, and Tobias Merriweather (who West coast guys think is an ND/Stanford battle)
                          DL would be Lucas, Tafiti, and Wesolak
                          LB would be Junior, Cheeks, and Jackson
                          QB Wimsatt (maybe Allar eventually enters the picture and he'd be on this list as well)
                          DB might be pretty hard to reach. But, recruitniks think there is a lot smoke with Jyaire Brown, Top 2 for Martinez, top 2-3 for Gould, top few for Nwankpa, top 2-3 for Covil,
                          I'm in the camp where I think you need to push hard for Cyrus Moss

Comment

• Originally posted by NDisme View Post

I'm in the camp where I think you need to push hard for Cyrus Moss
                            I think we all are. I don't want to come across as a dick but I think every fan on every team in the country is in that camp. It's just a matter of whether it's realistic to pencil him into the class. At this point, we are sitting in much better positions with the ones I've listed.

Comment

• Some QB dominos are starting to fall. Malik Murphy picked Texas a little while back which took them out of the market for Klubnick. Ty Simpson committed to Bama and the Clemson CB’s are now rolling in for Cade.

Comment

• ND made the cut from top 7 to Top 5 for Gi'Bran Payne

[TWITTER]https://twitter.com/upnexxt03/status/1365723610430734337[/TWITTER]

Comment

• [247SPORTS]https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Jaden-Mickey-at-Centennial-253287/Embed/[/247SPORTS]

I don’t believe we have a thread for this guy, CA CB Jaden Mickey. Multiple paid site write ups recently tell us he’s a legit target and one the staff likes quite a bit. Looks like there is a priority on Nickel CB’s which I’m a fan of. Like all the ones we are in on. Would happily take any of them.

https://irishsportsdaily.com/s/14363...a-lot-of-boxes

Comment

• I updated post #455 with positions and a few new names in their respective tiers.

Note its not an exhaustive list but a pretty good one to reference for now.

Comment

• Xayvion Bradshaw WR from Virginia offered.

Comment

• From 247, Sounds like this week’s docket includes a strong round of Mickens/Freeman calls and some BK or O’Leary with or separate
                                        Last edited by Dale; 03-03-2021, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• Oregon takes it's 2022 QB in Tanner Bailey a 4 Star out of Alabama.

https://247sports.com/player/tanner-bailey-46081988/
                                          What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
                                            Xayvion Bradshaw WR from Virginia offered.
                                            Super impressed with this guy. An obvious take at WR for me.

Comment

• Also, this guy is making his way around the pay sites as a potential DE offer.

Darren Agu, Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School, Tight End (247sports.com)

Comment

• This guy too:

Domonique Orange.

https://247sports.com/player/domonique-orange-46100297/

Comment

• Good catch unsure why I didn't post his as well. If Freeman is thinking about running more traditional 3 man fronts, I love Orange as a prospect. In a world where they want balance to the class, I could get on board with taking him over guys like Cooper, Artis, and Hinish. That is if we are taking a 2nd DT. Overall he'd fall behind all of those guys except Hinish but as a 2nd option, he'd probably be over all of them but Lucas. Would be interesting to have another true NT on the roster with AK. I wonder if that's the thinking there.

Comment

• Here is a way too early class calculator with mostly realistic targets and some that might take a little more work. It would be a class of 25 and a score of 283.90. Which would've been good for 7th best class, last cycle. It'll be fun to track this and see how it ends up.

Comment

• I don't even think he has a thread, but Amorion Walker just committed.

https://twitter.com/AmorionWalker/st...54423782326275

Comment

• Originally posted by KizerWilhelm View Post
                                                        I don't even think he has a thread, but Amorion Walker just committed.

https://twitter.com/AmorionWalker/st...54423782326275
                                                        Crus in shambles
                                                        What did Davonte do?

Comment

• We're trying to sign the entire Bootleggers team, huh?

Excited to find out more on this kid, he's been talked about for a while.
                                                          "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post

Crus in shambles
                                                            I actually built one for him twice during the switch but lost them to server error pages when I tried to post. Happened on a few others too but I've been too busy to redo them.

Besides K Josh Bryan last year, that's the first commitment we've had without a profile in my 7 years. I recall one profile where we joked no one had ever committed on their first page... and this happens. So shameful.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post

I actually built one for him twice during the switch but lost them to server error pages when I tried to post. Happened on a few others too but I've been too busy to redo them.

Besides K Josh Bryan last year, that's the first commitment we've had without a profile in my 7 years. I recall one profile where we joked no one had ever committed on their first page... and this happens. So shameful.
                                                              there was a RB out of texas once that im not sure was given the OK from coaches, and eventually signed with Texas State I believe.
                                                              Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post

there was a RB out of texas once that im not sure was given the OK from coaches, and eventually signed with Texas State I believe.

Yep. He came up in that conversation too... Jamel James. Here's a story on his "de-commitment" that is a real time capsule piece.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...rish-turn-next

Comment

• Looks like we don't have a profile for Xayvion Bradshaw but we should. Dude is a dynamite playmaker. Here is a clip from his first game of the Spring season.

(1) Xayvion Bradshaw on Twitter: "lil’ clip from today’s first home game !! ⭐️ https://t.co/AS9eL6hhH0" / Twitter

Comment

• For a little guys he goes up and gets this one.

(1) Xayvion Bradshaw on Twitter: "lil sumn from dis weekends 7v7 ‼️ #LLT https://t.co/gy6wTIZBlZ" / Twitter

Comment

Yeah Freeman mentioned him on ISD podcast on Monday, Sone of former NY Giants RB Ahmad Bradshaw, extremely fast but raw
                                                                      What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                                        https://247sports.com/Article/NFA-7v...lla-161244648/

[247SPORTS]https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Thomas-Castellanos-at-Ware-County-261610/Embed/[/247SPORTS]

Matthais Farley vibes off this kid, thought he sounded interesting
                                                                        Committed to UCF as a QB, a lot of schools like FSU wanted him at RB, slot etc

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMcW3ZPs...on_share_sheet
                                                                        What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Just jumped up to the #2 class in the country behind just Ohio State with the commitment of Joshua Burnham.
                                                                          "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Yes sir!

Now it's a little misleading as its partially due to how many commits we have but this class has the potential to be a really really good one. I think it'll ultimately come down to how well they do at WR and DB.

Comment

• I've been following recruiting since the Te'o class and this certainly feels like the most early momentum I've experienced. Marcus Freeman is showing the administration why they need to pay for high quality, qualified candidates. It really feels like ND is still ascending.

Comment

• Originally posted by calvegas04
                                                                                Re offered?

Wrong list. He's a 2023 kid.

Comment

Yes sir!

Now it's a little misleading as its partially due to how many commits we have but this class has the potential to be a really really good one. I think it'll ultimately come down to how well they do at WR and DB.
                                                                                  Its very misleading we are around 12th in avg per player ranking and when every one else fills up we'll get passed by those that have a higher avg unless we have a bigger class than they do. Don't see that happening, We almost always have smaller classes and we had a big class last year.

Still a good year but 10-12 is where we usually end up. This year is just more front loaded than usual

Comment

• Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post

Its very misleading we are around 12th in avg per player ranking and when every one else fills up we'll get passed by those that have a higher avg unless we have a bigger class than they do. Don't see that happening, We almost always have smaller classes and we had a big class last year.

Still a good year but 10-12 is where we usually end up. This year is just more front loaded than usual
                                                                                    Well, there is still a lot to play out so it very well could end up as you state but... You have to keep in mind that ND still has a lot of guys on the board that could push that avg player rating even higher.

All of Hayden, Singleton, Williams, Morris, Merriweather, Saunders, Greene Jr, Staes, Schrauth, Wagner, Taylor, Hinzman, Wesolak, Cooper, Lucas, Junior, Tafiti, Jackson, Brown, Rogers, Nelson Jr., Gould, Brooks, Martinez, and Covil are all rated higher than our avg player rating at this time.

Comment

• Looking forward for the offense, outside of RB coach Taylor, starts to GAF about chasing good players. Taylor, Freeman, and Elko showing them how it can be done.
                                                                                      I have invested everything BUT tuition for Notre Dame. I make no apologies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fbolt View Post
                                                                                        Looking forward for the offense, outside of RB coach Taylor, starts to GAF about chasing good players. Taylor, Freeman, and Elko showing them how it can be done.
                                                                                        I don't think TE nor OL recruiting is an issue and if WR delivers a class like last year, that would be great. Honestly, I think the only thing that has truly been disappointing is Tommy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ndaccountant View Post

I don't think TE nor OL recruiting is an issue and if WR delivers a class like last year, that would be great. Honestly, I think the only thing that has truly been disappointing is Tommy.
                                                                                          Which is funny because in his first year he got the top target that we were all asking for.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• RB recruiting consists of 4* Kyren Williams, 4* Chris Tyree, 4* Audric Estime, 3* Logan Diggs, and 4* Jadarian Price in the last 4 cycles. The possibility is they could add another 4* back of maybe Singleton, Sawchuk, Hayden or another. That’s as good as it gets. Okay, maybe it’s not 5* RBU like Bama but that’s playoff level competing in recruiting for RB talent from a stats perspective. WR recruiting has consisted of 5 of the last 6 WR’s being 4* or 5* recruits before the 2022 cycle. We’ll see what Del can do with this class because he’s after a lot of 4* rated dudes again. OL has had 7 out of the last 9 being 4* recruits with Quinn bringing in potentially a couple more 4*’s into this current class. To me TE recruiting and QB recruiting has been interesting. QB they got the 4th out of 4 offers and did a weird job in evaluating the talent and getting it committed. TE has been weird since Mayer committed. A 3* run of Berrong, Nickel, and Evans is not good enough for the supposed Tight End U. They should be choosing who they want as opposed to asking for certain guys!

Comment

• Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post

Which is funny because in his first year he got the top target that we were all asking for.
                                                                                              Exactly. He got his target, go him early and then ??????. Seems strang.e

Comment

• Originally posted by NDMIA View Post
                                                                                                RB recruiting consists of 4* Kyren Williams, 4* Chris Tyree, 4* Audric Estime, 3* Logan Diggs, and 4* Jadarian Price in the last 4 cycles. The possibility is they could add another 4* back of maybe Singleton, Sawchuk, Hayden or another. That’s as good as it gets. Okay, maybe it’s not 5* RBU like Bama but that’s playoff level competing in recruiting for RB talent from a stats perspective. WR recruiting has consisted of 5 of the last 6 WR’s being 4* or 5* recruits before the 2022 cycle. We’ll see what Del can do with this class because he’s after a lot of 4* rated dudes again. OL has had 7 out of the last 9 being 4* recruits with Quinn bringing in potentially a couple more 4*’s into this current class. To me TE recruiting and QB recruiting has been interesting. QB they got the 4th out of 4 offers and did a weird job in evaluating the talent and getting it committed. TE has been weird since Mayer committed. A 3* run of Berrong, Nickel, and Evans is not good enough for the supposed Tight End U. They should be choosing who they want as opposed to asking for certain guys!
                                                                                                Cane ended up at #9 on the composite last cycle for TE's, correct? Appears Evans is more of OL than true TE, as some suspected. If they end up Staes, that is three cycles with top 10 composite players at the position. I think that is pretty strong. Nickel's ranking is an outlier, but how much of that is his early commitment? He has offers from FSU, LSU, Oregon, Iowa, Penn State, VT & Wisconsin. I don't think he is Mayer, but I don't see why he can't be Durham Smythe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fbolt View Post
                                                                                                  Looking forward for the offense, outside of RB coach Taylor, starts to GAF about chasing good players. Taylor, Freeman, and Elko showing them how it can be done.
                                                                                                  I see this a lot and it’s very shortsighted. We signed 5 guys last cycle, on offense, that had fairly equal or better ratings than Burnham. We’re going to sign another really good OL. We’ll get a 4 star TE in Staes. We already have one 4 star RB and will probably land another. WR is the only position group that has question marks on offense so there is really no issue of systemic problems with offensive recruiting like people like to believe.

Comment

I see this a lot and it’s very shortsighted. We signed 5 guys last cycle, on offense, that had fairly equal or better ratings than Burnham. We’re going to sign another really good OL. We’ll get a 4 star TE in Staes. We already have one 4 star RB and will probably land another. WR is the only position group that has question marks on offense so there is really no issue of systemic problems with offensive recruiting like people like to believe.
                                                                                                    It all depends on what people are using as the measuring stick, right? If they are using Ohio State, Alabama and Clemson as the measuring stick, then we still have some work to do match the # of explosive players they sign every year. We are definitely on the upswing which is exciting, hopefully our classes start to continuously land inside the top 10 and closer to the top 5. The staff has proven they can win with top-15 classes but the talent delta between top 15 and top 5 is huge and I believe our coaches can go much further with that kind of talent on campus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ndaccountant View Post

Cane ended up at #9 on the composite last cycle for TE's, correct? Appears Evans is more of OL than true TE, as some suspected. If they end up Staes, that is three cycles with top 10 composite players at the position. I think that is pretty strong. Nickel's ranking is an outlier, but how much of that is his early commitment? He has offers from FSU, LSU, Oregon, Iowa, Penn State, VT & Wisconsin. I don't think he is Mayer, but I don't see why he can't be Durham Smythe.
                                                                                                      FWIW when you look at Cane's ratings, 247 has him as the #31 TE, Rivals the #35 TE, and ESPN the #1 TE. Most seem to agree that ESPN's ratings are worth very little compared to those other services. Nothing against Cane but just putting that out there.

Also, I can't find it now but I'm pretty sure Evans is wearing a number in the 80's for this spring. That contradicts some reports which said he was starting at OL. Also, Loy recently said ND might be looking at taking 5 OL this cycle. They took 5 last cycle, 6 if you include Evans. Ten in two classes is a lot, let alone eleven. I think Evans has star potential at TE, I hope they at least give him a shot.

But, if reports are true and Evans is actually an OL, I think Berrong/Nickel/Staes is subpar for Notre Dame TE recruiting. Not a disaster, but that is a position we should recruit better than anyone else in the country, and those guys just amount to pretty good, recruiting wise.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X