Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'22 UT QB Devin Brown (Offer)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • '22 UT QB Devin Brown (Offer)

    QB
    Draper, UT
    Corner Canyon
    Transferred from Queen Creek, AZ

    ​​

    Measurements:
    Height: 6-3
    Weight: 190

    Rankings:
    247 Comp: .. 4* ..... #5 QB ..... #59 OA ..... .9741
    247: ............. 4* ..... #5 Pro ..... #66 OA ..... 94
    Rivals: ......... 4* ..... #4 Pro ..... #48 OA ..... 6.0
    ESPN: ......... 4* ..... #4 Pro ..... #99 OA ..... 84
    On3 ....................... #6 QB....... #63 OA ..... 95

    Offers:
    Notre Dame ..... Not yet

    SC .............. Committed 9-19-2020
    Ole Miss ..... OV Oct 9
    Texas .......... Nov 13

    Ohio St ....... Offered 10/21
    UCLA .......... Offered 10/21
    Cal .............. Offered 10/
    21
    AZ
    ASU
    ISU
    MSU
    NC St
    NAU
    Northwestern
    Ore St
    Wiscy


    Media Links:

    Twitter =. https://twitter.com/dbrownqb33

    Hudl =. https://www.hudl.com/profile/2463117/Devin-Brown

    Maxpreps =. https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/dev...ball/stats.htm

    Highlights:

    Sr. Season thru Game 9 = https://www.hudl.com/video/3/2463117...80960b003d5564
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 11-24-2021, 08:56 PM.

  • #2
    A lot going on here and Loy/247 thinks ND will be in the mix soon.

    Has been committed to SC since Sep '20. Ole Miss, Texas, Ohio St, UCLA all jumped in after Helton was fired. He's OV'd to Ole Miss & Texas since. A quick dive says he's going somewhere else besides SC even though he hasn't backed off his pledge yet.

    Started out at Queen Creek, AZ. ND knows who he is sine 2019 when they were digging around on a few teammates that season.

    Transferred to Corner Canyon to take Jaxon Dart's spot. School also recently produced Zach Wilson (BYU/Jets)

    He's the QB that the Ole Miss writer, Yancy Porter (?) got in trouble over.

    Will play in the All American Bowl, did well at the Elite 11. Did not win so he has a chance to be good.

    Is putting up big #'s in Corner Canyon's pass happy O:

    10G ... 172/261 ... 3557 yds ... 66% ... 21.2 ypc ... 40 TD ... 11 Int



    Comment


    • #3
      sounds like we're serious about getting that 2nd QB in this class.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by BobbyMac View Post
        QB
        Draper, UT
        Corner Canyon
        Transferred from Queen Creek, AZ

        ​​

        Measurements:
        Height: 6-3
        Weight: 190

        Rankings:
        247 Comp: .. 4* ..... #5 QB ..... #59 OA ..... .9741
        247: ............. 4* ..... #5 Pro ..... #66 OA ..... 94
        Rivals: ......... 4* ..... #4 Pro ..... #48 OA ..... 6.0
        ESPN: ......... 4* ..... #4 Pro ..... #99 OA ..... 84
        On3 ....................... #6 QB....... #63 OA ..... 95

        Offers:
        Notre Dame ..... Not yet

        SC .............. Committed 9-19-2020
        Ole Miss ..... OV Oct 9
        Texas .......... Nov 13

        Ohio St ....... Offered 10/21
        UCLA .......... Offered 10/21
        Cal .............. Offered 10/
        21
        AZ
        ASU
        ISU
        MSU
        NC St
        NAU
        Northwestern
        Ore St
        Wiscy


        Media Links:

        Twitter =. https://twitter.com/dbrownqb33

        Hudl =. https://www.hudl.com/profile/2463117/Devin-Brown

        Maxpreps =. https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/dev...ball/stats.htm

        Highlights:

        Sr. Season thru Game 9 = https://www.hudl.com/video/3/2463117...80960b003d5564
        Damn, kid has a gun! If we miss on Howard, would absolutely love getting Brown in this class.

        Comment


        • #5
          Seems like this is a guy we should have been in on for a while.
          60% of the time, it works every time.

          Comment


          • #6
            This kid is impressive. Sounds like a very similar but better version of Angeli. Walker Howarrd is a different style. I am a fan of either one of them. I am not always a fan of second quarterback in a class but with the quarterback situation I believe it would be great for this class. That way we go for the big gun in next years class.
            God Country Notre Dame
            http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...andeverett.jpg

            Comment


            • #7
              I went to a couple Corner Canyon games this year. Can confirm the dude is legit. Watching a couple of the highlights that happened in a game that I was at, I can tell you it looks better in person than on tape. Kid has the tools to be very successful at the next level.

              Only knock is that his team is absolutely LOADED compared to the teams they are playing most of the time. So he alwasy has the talent advantage. His guys are usually open by a good margin, and he can get away with throwing to some bad spots. But he anticipates his receivers being open and the timing of the completion out of breaks pretty well.

              His team did lose this past weekend for the first time since 2017, though. So maybe he isnt that good....

              Comment


              • #8
                I think this kid is as close to a "sure thing" as you can get. May not have Buchner level arm talent but damn does he throw a pretty, catchable, ball.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DONTH8 View Post
                  I went to a couple Corner Canyon games this year. Can confirm the dude is legit. Watching a couple of the highlights that happened in a game that I was at, I can tell you it looks better in person than on tape. Kid has the tools to be very successful at the next level.

                  Only knock is that his team is absolutely LOADED compared to the teams they are playing most of the time. So he alwasy has the talent advantage. His guys are usually open by a good margin, and he can get away with throwing to some bad spots. But he anticipates his receivers being open and the timing of the completion out of breaks pretty well.

                  His team did lose this past weekend for the first time since 2017, though. So maybe he isnt that good....
                  So is Corner Canyon something like the Mormon Western US regional all star team?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post

                    So is Corner Canyon something like the Mormon Western US regional all star team?
                    Honestly, they popped out of nowhere back in 2017, which was Zach Wilson's Junior year. Before that they were below average. Not sure what changed, but they started recruiting kids pretty heavily. Housing Polynesians so they will play there (normal practice along the Wastach Front, honestly). Bingham did it for awhile. Timpview did it for a few years. Lone Peak has done it. Now it's Corner Canyon that is the most recent to do it.

                    Give it a few years, and some new high school here will boom out of nowhere.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Welp, all in on Devin Brown!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Irish4life View Post
                        Welp, all in on Devin Brown!
                        I assume this has something to do with Walker Howard likely staying out, but I still feel like I’m missing something here?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          is devin brown looking around at other options?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by IRISHMAN View Post
                            is devin brown looking around at other options?
                            Basically similar boat as Walker. His dream has alwasy been SC, committed there early. Now a coahcing search is happening. I suppose if the wrong person was hired he may jump. But he has taken a couple visits recently so there is some buzz. I wouldnt look much more into it than you do Walker. Maybe little better odds, but not much better.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by DONTH8 View Post

                              Basically similar boat as Walker. His dream has alwasy been SC, committed there early. Now a coahcing search is happening. I suppose if the wrong person was hired he may jump. But he has taken a couple visits recently so there is some buzz. I wouldnt look much more into it than you do Walker. Maybe little better odds, but not much better.
                              Supposedly he's not expected to stick with USC.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                I wonder if we’ve made contact and if not, why we havent.
                                60% of the time, it works every time.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by Irishnuke View Post
                                  I wonder if we’ve made contact and if not, why we havent.
                                  Apparently was offered per Loy, but he is still trying to get confirmation

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Scrolled through his Twitter. He seems to tweet every offer that he gets and I didn’t see any mention of ND. That’s a head scratcher.
                                    60% of the time, it works every time.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by Irishnuke View Post
                                      Scrolled through his Twitter. He seems to tweet every offer that he gets and I didn’t see any mention of ND. That’s a head scratcher.
                                      Silent commit

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Per Singer we did in fact offer. Don't understand waiting until late November but what do I know.

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          Sounds like we just offered yesterday which makes no f’n sense. Late to the party again.
                                          60% of the time, it works every time.

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            Originally posted by Irishnuke View Post
                                            Sounds like we just offered yesterday which makes no f’n sense. Late to the party again.
                                            Loy said he was actually offered a few weeks ago

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              Wonder if they are just offering now dur to interest from him in ND now

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
                                                Wonder if they are just offering now dur to interest from him in ND now
                                                Optimist in me wants to believe this to be true, and Williams being behind it.

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  He de-committed.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #26
                                                    Honestly baffling CJ is considering USC more at the moment when you consider the QB in his class decommitted and his HS teammate and best recruit (Domani) did too

                                                    Comment


                                                    • #27
                                                      Would love to see this come to fruition

                                                      Comment


                                                      • #28
                                                        Oh please, please, please.

                                                        this one position, please

                                                        Comment


                                                        • #29
                                                          LOVE his highlights but also loved the (passing) highlights of Wimbush, 5*Phil, Buchner and others whose film is loaded with bomb after bomb.

                                                          When you have better receivers than the other team has DB's you get a lot of that. I mean, he has Cody Hagan who runs 10.5's and finished with 1800+ & 23 TD's. Plus his other 2 WR's are future DI athletes by the names of, wait for it... Jett Meine & Blaze DeGracie. Can't make that up.

                                                          Question is... why isn't anyone looking and loving his Soph/Jr film when he was playing in AZ for for former OSU QB Joe Germaine with WR's that matched the DB's he faced? It's amazing he goes from an also ran 3* in AZ to the next Kenny Pickett as soon as he becomes the next QB at Corner Canyon where everyone is the next Trevor Lawrence. A year from now everyone here will be asking, who is Isaac Wilson and why haven't we offered this 2024 QB from Corner Canyon? Yes, he's Zach Wilson's lil bro.

                                                          Call me crazy but I've really become more a fan of Hudl's that show guys throwing WR's open on crossing or out routes than bomb, bomb, bomb.

                                                          Comment


                                                          • #30
                                                            We got any shot here?

                                                            Comment


                                                            • #31
                                                              Originally posted by EvilleIrish View Post
                                                              We got any shot here?
                                                              He’s visited other schools besides us. So if he visits us, we have a chance. If not, zero chance

                                                              Comment


                                                              • #32
                                                                Originally posted by BobbyMac View Post
                                                                LOVE his highlights but also loved the (passing) highlights of Wimbush, 5*Phil, Buchner and others whose film is loaded with bomb after bomb.

                                                                When you have better receivers than the other team has DB's you get a lot of that. I mean, he has Cody Hagan who runs 10.5's and finished with 1800+ & 23 TD's. Plus his other 2 WR's are future DI athletes by the names of, wait for it... Jett Meine & Blaze DeGracie. Can't make that up.

                                                                Question is... why isn't anyone looking and loving his Soph/Jr film when he was playing in AZ for for former OSU QB Joe Germaine with WR's that matched the DB's he faced? It's amazing he goes from an also ran 3* in AZ to the next Kenny Pickett as soon as he becomes the next QB at Corner Canyon where everyone is the next Trevor Lawrence. A year from now everyone here will be asking, who is Isaac Wilson and why haven't we offered this 2024 QB from Corner Canyon? Yes, he's Zach Wilson's lil bro.

                                                                Call me crazy but I've really become more a fan of Hudl's that show guys throwing WR's open on crossing or out routes than bomb, bomb, bomb.
                                                                This has been what I've looked at for a while. I want to see actually hitting timing routes, going through progressions, and touch/ball placement. Yes, a QB needs to hit a deep ball once in a while, but most of the HS ones won't even be there in college.

                                                                Also, this is why I love Dante Moore. He seems like he has control of the short to mid-range passing game with good reads, placement, and timing.

                                                                Comment


                                                                • #33
                                                                  Originally posted by BobbyMac View Post
                                                                  LOVE his highlights but also loved the (passing) highlights of Wimbush, 5*Phil, Buchner and others whose film is loaded with bomb after bomb.

                                                                  When you have better receivers than the other team has DB's you get a lot of that. I mean, he has Cody Hagan who runs 10.5's and finished with 1800+ & 23 TD's. Plus his other 2 WR's are future DI athletes by the names of, wait for it... Jett Meine & Blaze DeGracie. Can't make that up.

                                                                  Question is... why isn't anyone looking and loving his Soph/Jr film when he was playing in AZ for for former OSU QB Joe Germaine with WR's that matched the DB's he faced? It's amazing he goes from an also ran 3* in AZ to the next Kenny Pickett as soon as he becomes the next QB at Corner Canyon where everyone is the next Trevor Lawrence. A year from now everyone here will be asking, who is Isaac Wilson and why haven't we offered this 2024 QB from Corner Canyon? Yes, he's Zach Wilson's lil bro.

                                                                  Call me crazy but I've really become more a fan of Hudl's that show guys throwing WR's open on crossing or out routes than bomb, bomb, bomb.
                                                                  You’re saying IF we land him, then simmer expectations, correct?

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • #34
                                                                    Originally posted by EvilleIrish View Post
                                                                    We got any shot here?
                                                                    Have Coan hang 40+ on Stanford in the first half before BK goes into his second half 4 Corners and... why not?

                                                                    Dude wants to sling it like everyone else. So lets sling it.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • #35
                                                                      Originally posted by Rizzophil View Post

                                                                      He’s visited other schools besides us. So if he visits us, we have a chance. If not, zero chance
                                                                      What he said
                                                                      Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • #36
                                                                        Originally posted by Irish2155 View Post

                                                                        You’re saying IF we land him, then simmer expectations, correct?
                                                                        I guess. It's not laser focused on him though, just more a commentary of falling in love with the latest Bombfilm superstar and in his case taking into account he has a resume that didn't start in Utah.

                                                                        He may very well be a guy who translates as advertised and if ND can get him, I hope he's Clausen 2.0.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • #37
                                                                          Originally posted by BobbyMac View Post

                                                                          I guess. It's not laser focused on him though, just more a commentary of falling in love with the latest Bombfilm superstar and in his case taking into account he has a resume that didn't start in Utah.

                                                                          He may very well be a guy who translates as advertised and if ND can get him, I hope he's Clausen 2.0.
                                                                          We can all only hope. Clausen 2.0 takes this team to the promise land.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • #38
                                                                            Originally posted by Irish2155 View Post

                                                                            We can all only hope. Clausen 2.0 takes this team to the promise land.
                                                                            Yep. Just need a '15 Kizer with what's brewing in '23+ to legit have a chance against the Big 3 on any given day.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • #39
                                                                              Originally posted by BobbyMac View Post

                                                                              Yep. Just need a '15 Kizer with what's brewing in '23+ to legit have a chance against the Big 3 on any given day.
                                                                              Not writing off Tyler quite yet, just not real optimistic. Maybe it all comes together.

                                                                              But damn Jimmy was a gun slinger.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • #40
                                                                                Originally posted by Irish2155 View Post

                                                                                Not writing off Tyler quite yet, just not real optimistic. Maybe it all comes together.

                                                                                But damn Jimmy was a gun slinger.
                                                                                Oh absolutely, me either. Even if he's not Jr Season HS Buchner at ND, he could be really really good.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by BobbyMac View Post

                                                                                  Oh absolutely, me either. Even if he's not Jr Season HS Buchner at ND, he could be really really good.
                                                                                  Side note - Clausen’s years my ex’s boss was married to his close cousin. And my ex’s family, being rich from Granger, had season tickets. Saw all those games live at the stadium. Long story short, I’ve met him a few times.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by Irish2155 View Post

                                                                                    Not writing off Tyler quite yet, just not real optimistic. Maybe it all comes together.

                                                                                    But damn Jimmy was a gun slinger.
                                                                                    Dude’s hardly played in 2 1/2 years. Can’t expect him to hit every throw when his reps are limited in practice and games. IMO the mistakes he’s made are easily correctable with experience.

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Irish2155 View Post

                                                                                      Not writing off Tyler quite yet, just not real optimistic. Maybe it all comes together.

                                                                                      But damn Jimmy was a gun slinger.
                                                                                      Jimmy's first year was terrible. He had issues with his elbow and couldn't throw the ball. Give Buchner a break.

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by Rizzophil View Post

                                                                                        Jimmy's first year was terrible. He had issues with his elbow and couldn't throw the ball. Give Buchner a break.
                                                                                        Think he was bad, go look up Brady Quinn's freshman year. DoubleWoof!

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • #45
                                                                                          Remember Buckner’s role has been to be the change of pace QB and to get the running game energized. We won’t know what we have until the total playbook on s open to him. Pretty hard to get into a rhythm when you get a few series a game.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by Irish2155 View Post

                                                                                            Not writing off Tyler quite yet, just not real optimistic. Maybe it all comes together.

                                                                                            But damn Jimmy was a gun slinger.
                                                                                            You must have never, ever watched Tyler's HS tape lol. Dude just needs more 1st team practice reps.im not worried about his ability at all. Just a matter of gaining experience and picking up the playbook.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • #47
                                                                                              https://twitter.com/TomLoy247/status...XkKLQMWAA&s=19
                                                                                              wish he could throw

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • #48
                                                                                                https://twitter.com/ISDUpdate/status...ACIoctSTA&s=09
                                                                                                wish he could throw

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • #49
                                                                                                  So Brown has been to visit Texas and Ohio Statr and the other school mentioned is ND. Are there others that he is interested in?

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • #50
                                                                                                    It was in free article. I think it said usc, ucla, Texas, and Ohio state. He hasn’t visited nd

                                                                                                    Comment

                                                                                                    Adsense

                                                                                                    Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X