Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Reaper97 View Post

He broke it.
    Which is crazy he is coming up to South Bend a week after a broken leg.

Sidenote: Evidently there is a top 100 OL and close friend who was going to room with Howard at LSU that might come with him on the visit.
    5 star OT Will Campbell????

Comment

• Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post

5 star OT Will Campbell????
      Yes.
      Singer says ND hasn’t been in contact with him so it would be a pleasant surprise if he did come too.

Comment

Yes.
        Singer says ND hasn’t been in contact with him so it would be a pleasant surprise if he did come too.
        BK on a side quest to make LSU his bitch.

Comment

He broke it.
          Which is crazy he is coming up to South Bend a week after a broken leg.

Sidenote: Evidently there is a top 100 OL and close friend who was going to room with Howard at LSU that might come with him on the visit.
          He apparently almost played last week. LSU board said he wasn't suited up, but then his team was down and started rallying and it looked like it might come down to a last possession type thing. Before the game him and his father told the coach he was available if they needed him for a last play scenario, so sometime in the second half after getting jeered from the opposing fans he went into the locker room, got suited up, and was getting some warm up throws in on the sideline. In the end it wasn't needed though because his team pulled away towards the end.

So basically he's a RKG. Other guys are opting out of their senior seasons while he is making himself available a week after he breaks his leg.

Comment

• Mom and Dad went to LSU
            Dad played at LSU
            Two sisters went to LSU
            Commitment video contained him placing an LSU jersey on a bench close to his Mom's grave as she had died of cancer back in 2018.

Dad did say that “Sincerely I wanted him to create his own path”

A lot of things made this seem like a lock for LSU, but Dad's comments show that he was pushing Walker to look at other options as well.

https://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana...628be4607.html

Comment

• Originally posted by SouthSideChiDomer View Post

He apparently almost played last week. LSU board said he wasn't suited up, but then his team was down and started rallying and it looked like it might come down to a last possession type thing. Before the game him and his father told the coach he was available if they needed him for a last play scenario, so sometime in the second half after getting jeered from the opposing fans he went into the locker room, got suited up, and was getting some warm up throws in on the sideline. In the end it wasn't needed though because his team pulled away towards the end.

So basically he's a RKG. Other guys are opting out of their senior seasons while he is making himself available a week after he breaks his leg.
              This kid is a 5* for a reason. But man, tough to tell the back-up "look, I'm pulling you for Walker" "Coach, he broke his leg last week, he can barely live up to his first name" "I know son, but he's our best chance at winning, one leg or not. Go put on the headset and the orange cap to signal in the plays".
              Last edited by Ndaccountant; 10-19-2021, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
                Mom and Dad went to LSU
                Dad played at LSU
                Two sisters went to LSU
                Commitment video contained him placing an LSU jersey on a bench close to his Mom's grave as she had died of cancer back in 2018.

Dad did say that “Sincerely I wanted him to create his own path”

A lot of things made this seem like a lock for LSU, but Dad's comments show that he was pushing Walker to look at other options as well.

https://www.theadvocate.com/acadiana...628be4607.html
                Well that kind of throws a cold bucket of water on my hope that he would flip. I figure he sticks with LSU after reading that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ndaccountant View Post

This kid is a 5* for a reason. But man, tough to tell the back-up "look, I'm pulling you for Walker" "Coach, he broke his leg last week, he can barely live up to his first name" "I know son, but he's our best change at winning, one leg or not. Go put on the headset and the orange cap to signal in the plays".
                  I think the backups name is Crawley....

Comment

• Fong posted a where does LSU sit with their commits article on the LSU site and he said of Walker that it isn’t a trip out of the blue and has been good communication between ND and him.

He maintained he thinks he’s a Tiger but just found that interesting that the LSU mods were downplaying it as essentially not being a recruiting based visit and then having Fong post on their site something that doesn’t paint that picture at all

Comment

• Yeah, he's all Tiger. Coming for the game I'd expect.

Comment

• This is a game between a 5-1 team and a 3-3 team. So, nothing special. I don't think this is a trip just to see the game.

Comment

• If his dad wants him to find his own path, I suspect the trip is more about, "Okay dad. I still want to continue the LSU family tradition, but I'll take a look at ND".

He visits, says he had a great time, excitement and rumors build and then disappointment when he stays committed to LSU.

Hope I'm wrong, but that's how I see it playing out.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-Boone View Post

I think the backups name is Crawley....

Please do your research before posting. HIs back up's name is Kenny Hopp!
                            " Brendon Clark for QB 2021"

Comment

• I think that this has more legs than it appeared at first, because I don't think they'd be putting in the effort to make this trip after the canceling the first one if they weren't serious. I think everyone would assume that the most likely way that this would play out would be that he wants options because no one knows who LSU will end up with as their head coach, but would ultimately stay in the fold if he has the right comfort level. But weirder things have happened.

Comment

• was the ND interest ever a bit of a leverage to get Ed O gone? You see this happen time and again where a top recruit wavers and then a 10 minute phone call with the incoming new coach seals the re-commitment
                                What did Davonte do?

Comment

• The father played at LSU but seems to have some fascination with ND and frustration with LSU. Ultimately, unless LSU really fvcks up the new hire, I still see him signing there. But he is setting up the contingency plan.

I hope ND is a bit realistic here and understands that we might not win this pre-signing day, but still need to position ourselves as the top destination should he transfer. Undergrad transfers are tough for ND so maybe there will be a conversation surrounding the type of coursework/grades he would need should it get to that point?

Comment

• I don’t know if it’s been said but it’s an OV. Much different than just a private jet trip with some ND fans. Doesn’t mean it has to go anywhere but it is no doubt about recruiting

Comment

• Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                      This is a game between a 5-1 team and a 3-3 team. So, nothing special. I don't think this is a trip just to see the game.
                                      Usc and ND is always special

Comment

• I had some hope until I saw his twitter page.... I put 2% odds on a flip lol. And if he were to flip? LSU would have MAJORLY screwed this one up.

Comment

• Originally posted by anarin View Post
                                          I had some hope until I saw his twitter page.... I put 2% odds on a flip lol. And if he were to flip? LSU would have MAJORLY screwed this one up.
                                          Which ND recruit was it like ten years back who had ND EVERYTHING and decommitted and the page was like scrubbed in like ten minutes,... all I remember right now is he was some white kid... but yeah, this made me remember how posters here were like, "Nah, he's solid, look at his social media page!"
                                          There is no such thing as a boneless wing!! Stop trying to make your nugget sound all fancy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post

Which ND recruit was it like ten years back who had ND EVERYTHING and decommitted and the page was like scrubbed in like ten minutes,... all I remember right now is he was some white kid... but yeah, this made me remember how posters here were like, "Nah, he's solid, look at his social media page!"
                                            Blake Barnett. Had a Notre Dame golf bag. Decommitted for 'Bama, but busted anyway.

Comment

• Hoge had an ND truck and lasted like 1 year on campus. Not whom you're asking about though

Sent from my SM-J337U using Tapatalk

Comment

• For context juxtapose the visit of the two Ausberrys.

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                  Hoge had an ND truck and lasted like 1 year on campus. Not whom you're asking about though

Sent from my SM-J337U using Tapatalk
                                                  lol bigger investment was his parents bought a house in South Bend just to use on gamedays
                                                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Both the family Ausberry and the family Howard have the local aroma of what is going on with NCAA enforcement issues in Baton Rouge.

Orgeron may be taken away, but the compliance stench may remain.

and they are local.

And wired in.

More than any of us on this board.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                      If his dad wants him to find his own path, I suspect the trip is more about, "Okay dad. I still want to continue the LSU family tradition, but I'll take a look at ND".

He visits, says he had a great time, excitement and rumors build and then disappointment when he stays committed to LSU.

Hope I'm wrong, but that's how I see it playing out.
                                                      This is the way I see it too. Dad went to LSU and played, mom went to LSU and is no longer with us (That's gotta be weighing on his decision, what would mom want?), gf is going to LSU, friends are at LSU, dog went to LSU, etc. Would be great if he flips, but not holding my breath.

LSU boards say their "sauces" point to Howard being 100% committed and just taking a visit for the experience.
                                                      Last edited by ulukinatme; 10-20-2021, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post
                                                        LSU 247 guy said going with family friends who have been eyeing a ND game and planning to fly back for the LSU game. LSU staff knows.

He also said agreed to someone saying the ND side let it out of the bag was “screwing the pooch”
                                                        Remembering still how the LSU 247 guys tried to act like he was just hitching a ride with family friends for fun. LMAO.

His Dad’s comments to 247 today were pretty dang positive of Rees, whether we land him or not in the end

Comment

• Update from ISD makes the family seem to be really impressed by ND and the coaches, but the source said that ND is plan B in case LSU hires a "donkey". lol They stated the source is definitely pro-LSU.
                                                          "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Remembering still how the LSU 247 guys tried to act like he was just hitching a ride with family friends for fun. LMAO.

His Dad’s comments to 247 today were pretty dang positive of Rees, whether we land him or not in the end
                                                            The He has his Shit together comment shocked me.
                                                            Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                              Update from ISD makes the family seem to be really impressed by ND and the coaches, but the source said that ND is plan B in case LSU hires a "donkey". lol They stated the source is definitely pro-LSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post

The dad really is shrewd and did Rees a solid. Even if Walker is staying with LSU, Rees now has a great quote, from a former LSU quarterback starter, that can be used with any quarterback in the country, from Kansas to Detroit, to Denton TX to Carlsbad, to Findlay.

Jamie Howard knows how the game is played, and did Notre Dame and Rees a solid. We won't forget.

Comment

Update from ISD makes the family seem to be really impressed by ND and the coaches, but the source said that ND is plan B in case LSU hires a "donkey". lol They stated the source is definitely pro-LSU.
                                                                  I assumed this was the situation all along. It’s still a positive that he was in South Bend.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrownerandFry View Post

The dad really is shrewd and did Rees a solid. Even if Walker is staying with LSU, Rees now has a great quote, from a former LSU quarterback starter, that can be used with any quarterback in the country, from Kansas to Detroit, to Denton TX to Carlsbad, to Findlay.

Jamie Howard knows how the game is played, and did Notre Dame and Rees a solid. We won't forget.
                                                                    Hey you should come to ND. Walker Howard said the campus was nice. He didn't pick us, but you can.

Damn what a sales pitch.

Comment

Jamie Howard after meeting LSU's new hire, hopefully:

Comment

• He is more likely to play early at LSU. He will be behind TB for at least 2 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
                                                                          He is more likely to play early at LSU. He will be behind TB for at least 2 years.
                                                                          Could say the same for LSUs QB room at current state. It’s still Max Johnson’s job and he’s only a Sophomore. Nussmeier was ranked almost the same as Buchner, 71 vs 84 in 247 Composite.

Comment

Makes sense. That or the slim chance the new HC starts recruiting another kid. Saw a real thread asking is it worth getting Lincoln Riley if it means Walker Howard decommits LOL.

Comment

• So who was the talking head that made this seem like a good fit or a likely flip? Cause LSU recruitniks didn't buy it for a second.

Comment

• Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post

Well the baseline is Coach O, which means as long as BK/TR doesn't hit on a recruits mom, he "has his shit together".

Comment

• Seems like it'll be ND if LSU hires a coach that the Howard's don't like. Cool. (Now let's get Devin Brown on campus too).

Comment

• Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post

Hey you should come to ND. Walker Howard said the campus was nice. He didn't pick us, but you can.

Damn what a sales pitch.
                                                                                    the "at least we got a hat on the table" argument :D
                                                                                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ndaccountant View Post

Well the baseline is Coach O, which means as long as BK/TR doesn't hit on a recruits mom, he "has his shit together".
                                                                                      lol they are basically saying Hire Joe Brady you shitheads
                                                                                      What did Davonte do?

Comment

• I don’t think Joe Brady ever returns to college. LSU people say he disliked recruiting. Brady has no special affinity to LSU, he just was there for a year because he was with the Saints. NFL guy that took a great promotion for a year and then hopped back to the NFL

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post

the "at least we got a hat on the table" argument :D
                                                                                          Yep. Eff that. We should be past that as a program. No more moral victories.

Comment

I don’t think Joe Brady ever returns to college. LSU people say he disliked recruiting. Brady has no special affinity to LSU, he just was there for a year because he was with the Saints. NFL guy that took a great promotion for a year and then hopped back to the NFL
                                                                                            Dale if you were the LSU AD would you hire

Brady
                                                                                            Kiffin
                                                                                            Franklin

After you answer that, guesstimate the Howard family's reaction to the hire, if you wish.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrownerandFry View Post

Dale if you were the LSU AD would you hire

Brady
                                                                                              Kiffin
                                                                                              Franklin

After you answer that, guesstimate the Howard family's reaction to the hire, if you wish.
                                                                                              If I was the AD? None of them. But if I had to from that pool even with his last week I’d go Franklin. I’m sure Howard would like Brady (who still IMO would say no), he doesn’t need Brady to recruit well he’s already committed and enough talent on the current roster plus recruits itself enough to get by for the short term

Comment

• Seems he is looking around some more. He is visiting Ole Miss this weekend. And he apparently took down "LSU commit" and his commitment video from his Instagram, though not from his Twitter. Ole Miss doesn't have a 2022 QB commit yet and are also looking at Devin Brown.

Comment

• Originally posted by SouthSideChiDomer View Post
                                                                                                  Seems he is looking around some more. He is visiting Ole Miss this weekend. And he apparently took down "LSU commit" and his commitment video from his Instagram, though not from his Twitter. Ole Miss doesn't have a 2022 QB commit yet and are also looking at Devin Brown.
                                                                                                  Not a fan of Orgeron's philandering but okay with Kiffin? Or do I have it backwards?

Comment

• Family priest likely just wanted to see a Ole Miss game

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish du Nord View Post

Not a fan of Orgeron's philandering but okay with Kiffin? Or do I have it backwards?
                                                                                                      The problem is Orgeron didn't have an alter ego like Joey Freshwater. Now, if he were Benji Bayou when he was on the prowl, Howard would still be committed.
                                                                                                      Formerly known as Kellyisit

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X