TCU
    A&M
    Tulane
    SC

Media Links:

Twitter =. https://twitter.com/Walker_Howard4

Hudl =. https://www.hudl.com/profile/11275585/Walker-Howard

Highlights:

I just don't see how this possibly has legs, or how we could beat out LSU NIL money for an in state player.

Comment

Coming Saturday.

Rees has already called Angeli to inform him they'd like 2 QB's this cycle.

FREEBIE from Rivals:

https://notredame.rivals.com/news/no...ward-for-visit

Comment

I assume this means Clark is likely going on a medical scholarship in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
          I just don't see how this possibly has legs, or how we could beat out LSU NIL money for an in state player.
          Agreed

Originally posted by ColinKSU View Post
          I assume this means Clark is likely going on a medical scholarship in the near future.
          On an ISD podcast a week or two ago, Mike had mentioned that Clark would probably leave after this year to get playing time and I'm just...where?? He had a handful of snaps in 2019 and that's it? If he's healthy enough to play football, Clark should be reasonable and realize starting your career as a senior isn't likely to pan out to anything. Might as well stay and finish your degree.

Comment

Our Lady holds sway down in Acadiana. But yeah, history says don't hold your breath.

Comment

LSU 247 guy said going with family friends who have been eyeing a ND game and planning to fly back for the LSU game. LSU staff knows.

He also said agreed to someone saying the ND side let it out of the bag was “screwing the pooch”

Comment

There is no reason for Howard to have been talking with Rees for months (what Loy said) if it’s a family friends PJ that he’s just hitching too…

Comment

Agree.....Just an opportunity to catch a game at the Mecca between two ranked teams.

He's got some solid offers, but watching 5 or 6 plays, I'm not getting it. Didn't watch any long balls, but arm looks average IMO. I did like the spin move for a TD.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
                    LSU 247 guy said going with family friends who have been eyeing a ND game and planning to fly back for the LSU game. LSU staff knows.

He also said agreed to someone saying the ND side let it out of the bag was “screwing the pooch”
                    This quote actually makes me feel better lol... I guess I'll give us a puncher's chance. It's so clearly bullshit that LSU has "nothing to worry about" and he's "just going with family friends who have been 'eyeing a Notre Dame game.'"

Comment

Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post

Agreed

On an ISD podcast a week or two ago, Mike had mentioned that Clark would probably leave after this year to get playing time and I'm just...where?? He had a handful of snaps in 2019 and that's it? If he's healthy enough to play football, Clark should be reasonable and realize starting your career as a senior isn't likely to pan out to anything. Might as well stay and finish your degree.
                      James Madison. Maybe win a Natty if NDSU has finally run out of QB's.

Comment

Walker to Walker has a nice ring to it

Comment

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

Agree.....Just an opportunity to catch a game at the Mecca between two ranked teams.

He's got some solid offers, but watching 5 or 6 plays, I'm not getting it. Didn't watch any long balls, but arm looks average IMO. I did like the spin move for a TD.
                          I don't think we should get our hopes up but see Dale's post above. He's been talking with Rees for months and this visit has been in the works for weeks. There is more to this than just a fun visit. He's also already been to campus for a camp back in 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

I don't think we should get our hopes up but see Dale's post above. He's been talking with Rees for months and this visit has been in the works for weeks. There is more to this than just a fun visit. He's also already been to campus for a camp back in 2019.
                            big catholic family.. Traveling with their priest

Comment

ND also doesn’t need to tell Angeli about a kid coming with his family and family friends.

Loy may stretch things to the optimistic side but I don’t think he’d be just making up the months of convo and that tidbit. Howard could probably get a unofficial visit pass/ticket very easily with next to zero convo with Rees if he had wanted to

Comment

He's "flying back for the LSU game". Well uhhh that's gonna be difficult to really make both. He'll definitely miss opening kickoff.

Comment

LOOKS LIKE 2011 RECRUITING DRAMA IS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

No way that isn't Andy Daltons son.

Comment

Rivals.com - Five-star QB Walker Howard will see Notre Dame

Premium from Rivals National Analyst, Sam Spiegelman. In there, he says that Rees is a longtime friend of the family's.

Comment

Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                        He's "flying back for the LSU game". Well uhhh that's gonna be difficult to really make both. He'll definitely miss opening kickoff.
                                        Yeah, he won't make it back to LSU for that game. That's what's intriguing to me... there was some needless lies/assurances baked in to that "don't worry" statement.

Comment

Yeah, he won't make it back to LSU for that game. That's what's intriguing to me... there was some needless lies/assurances baked in to that "don't worry" statement.
                                          Sure it may just be a friendly visit./

But perhaps we should view it in the context of the enthusiastic visit of the brothers Ausberry, from Baton Rouge, where Dad works in the LSU Athletic administrations.

This may just be "ORGERON EXPLOSION INSURANCE"

Sure all the stars aligned for Eddie O in 2019, right coordinators, Burrow and maybe the best set of skilled players in mondern times.

Then he got divorced, quickly.. Then, last year Back to reality, and more enforcement problems

After THUMPING Mississippi State's Marroons, by three, the Bayou Bengals have remaining games with Bama, Florida, A&M, Arkansas and Ole Miss.

What do YOU think that LSU's record will be in those five games??????/

One more time "ORGERON EXPLOSION INSURANCE"

Think Ausberry Think Walker HOward.
                                          Last edited by BrownerandFry; 09-30-2021, 06:51 PM.

Comment

I wouldn’t get hopes up.
                                            As said above, the family is friends with Rees & the father told the LSU reporter they wanted to go to a game somewhere away from the south & with their relationship with Rees they called him & asked if they could come up this weekend. LSU staff knows and has no problem with it since he will be back to LSU the following week.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper97 View Post
                                              I wouldn’t get hopes up.
                                              As said above, the family is friends with Rees & the father told the LSU reporter they wanted to go to a game somewhere away from the south & with their relationship with Rees they called him & asked if they could come up this weekend. LSU staff knows and has no problem with it since he will be back to LSU the following week.
                                              No one is talking about hope.

Habla contingency?

This recrutiting thing has strange twists and turns.

But, in the spirit of parliamentary discipline, let me move the previous questions.
                                              Of those five games I listed above what is your prediction for LSU's record in those five?

That was the question I posed.

Your response?

Comment

Originally posted by BrownerandFry View Post

Sure it may just be a friendly visit./

But perhaps we should view it in the context of the enthusiastic visit of the brothers Ausberry, from Baton Rouge, where Dad works in the LSU Athletic administrations.

This may just be "ORGERON EXPLOSION INSURANCE"

Sure all the stars aligned for Eddie O in 2019, right coordinators, Burrow and maybe the best set of skilled players in mondern times.

Then he got divorced, quickly.. Then, last year Back to reality, and more enforcement problems

After THUMPING Mississippi State's Marroons, by three, the Bayou Bengals have remaining games with Bama, Florida, A&M, Arkansas and Ole Miss.

What do YOU think that LSU's record will be in those five games??????/

One more time "ORGERON EXPLOSION INSURANCE"

Think Ausberry Think Walker HOward.
                                                I was thinking along the same lines. Maybe he really is solidly committed to LSU.....with the current staff. But if the staff changes and he doesn't like the new staff or system, a backup option that is willing to take a second QB, that is a stable situation coaching wise, that has good offensive skills players in the class, that has a friendly face at OC, and where he doesn't have to worry about credits not transferring if he doesn't like it and wants to enter the portal, well that's a pretty good backup option.

Comment

Habla contingency?

But, in the spirit of parliamentary discipline, let me move the previous questions.
                                                  Of those five games I listed above what is your prediction for LSU's record in those five?

Your response?
                                                  My response is I don’t care.
                                                  ND could lose any of its next 5 games, don’t see ND recruits jumping ship either.

Comment

Sorry but I am getting my hopes up.

Comment

I am. Call me Andy Dufresne.

Comment

If Buchner did this last year we’d have lost it.

Comment

Originally posted by T-Boone View Post

Well Andy they say Hope is a thing with feathers. You got any?

Comment

Habla contingency?

Your response?
                                                            You remember why PFC Wintergreen used to throw general peckem's correspondence in the trash? Something to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by dankgesang View Post

You remember why PFC Wintergreen used to throw general peckem's correspondence in the trash? Something to think about.
                                                              I thought it was "exPFC Winteegreen" but a great reminder!

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                Rivals.com - Five-star QB Walker Howard will see Notre Dame

Premium from Rivals National Analyst, Sam Spiegelman. In there, he says that Rees is a longtime friend of the family's.
                                                                if he's a "longtime friend" he screwed this recruitment up a long time ago if he's now just getting involved. if not, it's literally just coming up to see a good game for free.
                                                                Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Five star QB from Louisiana verballed to LSU. Why would he come to ND, to not play for two years and develop "traits"?

His height makes him a slam bang CBK QB, though, that's what catches my eye.
                                                                  It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

Originally posted by T-Boone View Post

Andy, you're going to have to crawl through THREE sewers of shit to get this guy to sign with ND.
                                                                    It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

Watched his highlights. He measured 6' tall at The Opening and has moderate athleticism with adequate arm strength... how is this not just another Ian Book? It's hard to see how he's rated where he is, but I guess he looked good at the Elite 11.

Comment

I think this will end up being exactly what it is represented as……an unofficial visit that has no ulterior motive. Aren’t things always as they appear?

Comment

Notre Dame needs to start recruiting QB's 6'3 or taller and ones that can move around. If our OL is shit then we need a mobile QB

Comment

Originally posted by IrishFanJMercy View Post
                                                                            Notre Dame needs to start recruiting QB's 6'3 or taller and ones that can move around. If our OL is shit then we need a mobile QB
                                                                            I think we have a guy committed right now who fits that profile

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Watched his highlights. He measured 6' tall at The Opening and has moderate athleticism with adequate arm strength... how is this not just another Ian Book? It's hard to see how he's rated where he is, but I guess he looked good at the Elite 11.
                                                                              That's why I posted what I did. It's not jumping out to me, but then I'm not a college coach or talent evaluator like Koon. Maybe it's between the ears?

Comment

• #40
                                                                                The board's excitment at having a sudden shot at a 5 star QB and then immediately declaring that he looks mediocre in his film is so us.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
                                                                                  The board's excitment at having a sudden shot at a 5 star QB and then immediately declaring that he looks mediocre in his film is so us.
                                                                                  If we tell ourselves the 5 star isn’t that good then it keeps us from being upset when he doesn’t pick us.
                                                                                  60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

• #42

We need to recruit more QBs!! Wait, not THAT one!!!?!?!?!?!?! WARGARBL?!?!?!?!

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Literally the composite #1 QB in the country. It's hilarious.

Props to Kelly and the staff for not being complacent.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by Irishnuke View Post

If we tell ourselves the 5 star isn’t that good then it keeps us from being upset when he doesn’t pick us.
                                                                                        Hell yeah, then we can say he was overrated and we passed on him.
                                                                                        Congratulations to Brian Kelly for being Notre Dame's career leader in losses.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          "5 star, must be good" - Jordan Johnson, selling himself.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
                                                                                            "5 star, must be good" - Jordan Johnson, selling himself.
                                                                                            Oh he can play, he just can't practice.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              If you guys are going off the highlight video in the profile that’s just from one game (probably his most recent Hudl vid). If you want to see him really sling the ball around, watch his junior season highlights:

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1127558...1cf30404cf176d

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Yea, I like his highlights. Kid looks good.
                                                                                                "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Pops Freshenmeyer View Post
                                                                                                  If you guys are going off the highlight video in the profile that’s just from one game (probably his most recent Hudl vid). If you want to see him really sling the ball around, watch his junior season highlights:

Yeah I was watching his sophomore highlights. This film is mighty impressive.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Pops Freshenmeyer View Post

The throws at 55 and 2:08 - my god.

He looks like Drew Pyne with maxed out traits

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X