Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'22 IN OL Ashton Craig (Notre Dame Verbal)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comment


    • Every year, "next year" is going to be the great class. And then it never materializes.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JD Irish View Post
        Every year, "next year" is going to be the great class. And then it never materializes.
        Referring to OL or as a whole? Not sure I agree with the sentiment regardless

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JD Irish View Post
          Every year, "next year" is going to be the great class. And then it never materializes.
          Crazy how we have a great class right now. Which just got better an hour ago.

          Comment


          • Congrats to the young man.
            ND should announce it that "we considered Schtrauth and Zach Rice more of a plan B option to the plan A Craig".

            Comment


            • Very interested to know what his true HT/WT numbers are. With the recent pictures I’ve seen of Carson Hinzman, I don’t know if it’s that big of a difference or a difference at all. If that’s true and he’s also a better athlete. Then is there a chance they feel this was a better outcome?

              Comment


              • OL who play hoops make great centers.

                If this kid played catcher in baseball as well you have the Trifecta.

                (I know it's my first post but I'm not his Dad or anything-- I actually was unaware that I was approved to post with the new regime lol.)

                Comment


                • Links to FREE stories / video on Ashton Craig's commitment
















                  Comment


                  • I need to know how his coach's name is pronounced. 5ab3b56403eea.jpg

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BigJim View Post
                      OL who play hoops make great centers.

                      If this kid played catcher in baseball as well you have the Trifecta.

                      (I know it's my first post but I'm not his Dad or anything-- I actually was unaware that I was approved to post with the new regime lol.)

                      Welcome aboard Mrs. Craig!

                      Comment


                      • Neat

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                          I need to know how his coach's name is pronounced.
                          Katt Williams reading your post


                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by JD Irish View Post
                            Every year, "next year" is going to be the great class. And then it never materializes.
                            sad human beings do sad human things.

                            Comment


                            • Comment


                              • Comment


                                • Originally posted by JD Irish View Post
                                  Every year, "next year" is going to be the great class. And then it never materializes.
                                  This might not be the OL haul we dreamed of or even expected but this is a really good class overall.
                                  60% of the time, it works every time.

                                  Comment


                                  • Quinn may put him at OC but this has the Patterson, Skoronski, Monheim feel of... Call me an OG/C all you want, but I can play all 5 spots.

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                      Quinn may put him at OC but this has the Patterson, Skoronski, Monheim feel of... Call me an OG/C all you want, but I can play all 5 spots.
                                      Partly why his HT intrigues me so much. If he’s close to 6’5, could he be a Hainsey esque RT? Obviously they’re also entertaining Patterson at OT as well. He’s 6’4 1/2

                                      Comment


                                      • Cool beans

                                        Comment


                                        • Congratulations to Ashton and the Craig family, happy you came on board!
                                          Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

                                          Comment


                                          • Watched the tape. By no means am I a talent evaluator but this kid is an athlete. I feel confident this kid will play minutes for the Irish. He is limited size wise but has high upside. Good get and congrats to the kid, he earned it.

                                            Comment


                                            • Comment


                                              • Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

                                                Partly why his HT intrigues me so much. If he’s close to 6’5, could he be a Hainsey esque RT? Obviously they’re also entertaining Patterson at OT as well. He’s 6’4 1/2
                                                This narrative that he's too small and that's why he's gonna be a center is already old. Plenty of good 6-4 college OT's. Just some that became or coulda been Irish: ZMart, Hainsey, Alijah Ver-Tucker, Coy Cronk, Ekwonu's bro, Nick Broeker, Skoronski, Monheim, Lot more misses than I'd like to see... wait, 4 of em are Quinn's!

                                                Get the torches and pitch forks!

                                                Comment


                                                • My question would be is he a legit 6’4+ though. Or is he more Zeke Correll and closer to 6’3. It doesn’t change my view of the scholarship but whether or not he can play elsewhere.

                                                  I haven’t seen pictures or anything that would give me a frame of reference.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Congrats Ashton and his family. Always love in-state kids getting their shot with the Irish. We’ve had really good hit rates with Indiana kids so here’s to continuing the trend!

                                                    Comment


                                                    • Just watched his film, this is seems a bit underrated, or under evaluated. He definitely has a bit of that Q Nelson drive to him. Good pickup imo.

                                                      Comment


                                                      • Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                        My question would be is he a legit 6’4+ though. Or is he more Zeke Correll and closer to 6’3. It doesn’t change my view of the scholarship but whether or not he can play elsewhere.

                                                        I haven’t seen pictures or anything that would give me a frame of reference.
                                                        There's a poster on another board who has a personal relationship with another lineman who trains/plays against Ashton. Said that the talk about him being "lighter" than listed or smaller is nonsense. Said that the guy he is comping him against is a legit 6'6" 265, and Ashton isn't much smaller.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • Originally posted by Irishbounty28 View Post
                                                          Watched the tape. By no means am I a talent evaluator but this kid is an athlete. I feel confident this kid will play minutes for the Irish. He is limited size wise but has high upside. Good get and congrats to the kid, he earned it.
                                                          Yup, reports out of his evaluation is that he moves really well and isn't stiff which is why he was offered.

                                                          Comment


                                                          • Welcome to Notre Dame Ashton!


                                                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                                            Comment


                                                            • Good add to the list of lineman. Welcome to ND young man.
                                                              Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

                                                              Comment


                                                              • Excellent!

                                                                Comment


                                                                • Now a 4 star on 247

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • Originally posted by Dale View Post
                                                                    Now a 4 star on 247
                                                                    Glad that ND got on this big fella early!

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • Inevitable. You can't argue with that film.

                                                                      Then again, Chris Olave was a 3 star until after his HS career was over and OSU was chasing him.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • I didn't realize the mass he has in his legs before. Sometimes you have to see a pic with normal humans to get that. He's gonna be fine inside when his time comes.

                                                                        Comment

                                                                        Adsense

                                                                        Collapse
                                                                        Working...
                                                                        X