Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'22 CAN/MA WR Elic Ayomanor (Stanford Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post

Only Irish Envy can take you from benighted papists and then drop you straight into Koon's Greatest Hits.

This is EXACTLY what Al Gore had in mind when he invented this shiit.
    Did I miss a Koon nostalgia thread??

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLion View Post

Did I miss a Koon nostalgia thread??
      Maybe the proper way of saying it is... forum after forum are littered with the remnants of Koon?

Comment

Posted photos back on campus. Pretty deep crew already here seen Markway, Ayomanor, Staes, Ziegler, Bellamy

Comment

Same thought as Anderson thread...radio silence across the board paysite wise?

Comment

Come on down?

Comment

Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
              Come on down?
              do you have news?

Comment

Originally posted by T-Boone View Post

do you have news?
                Ayomanor and Anderson were battling for one spot. Well, Anderson committed to Oregon. I hope the staff pushes for Ayomanor now.

Comment

What Ayanmor is already a silent and Anderson went to Ducks because his spot was taken?
                  "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

Loy gives off the vibes that was absolutely not the case. Sounds like the offensive staff just pissed down their leg with Anderson.

Comment

Loy gives off the vibes that was absolutely not the case. Sounds like the offensive staff just pissed down their leg with Anderson.
                      i don't think anyone actually believes it's the case. I love the upside of Ayomanor so I'd really like to add him to the '22 group. I think Anderson would've had a faster chance at early playing time given his advanced route-running skills but oh well, next man up.

Only the unexceptional spend time wondering what-if. The coaches will continue recruiting the players they desperately want and we can keep moving on. Life plays out as it does, there are no hypothetical other scenarios. The coaches are giving it their best shot, they may need some recruiting team adjustments in the future. I'm going to watch how it unfolds before jumping to conclusions.

Comment

Singer said he might be a Stanford lean last week which I’d take as this could just be 50/50 here or we don’t know. But rather confidently I don’t think he’d be in the bag yet

Comment

Del will close LOLOLOL

Comment

This could also just be Loy covering his face - wouldn't be the first time.

As others have said, I'm waiting it out. Clearly out recruiting experts aren't as "in" as they think they are with these battles.

Comment

Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post

This could also just be Loy covering his face - wouldn't be the first time.

As others have said, I'm waiting it out. Clearly out recruiting experts aren't as "in" as they think they are with these battles.
                              Loy's not gonna cover his face by throwing THAT much shade on the staff. I was shocked he went that far out on that limb. Never seen him do it before. Big ballz.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
                                Singer said he might be a Stanford lean last week which I’d take as this could just be 50/50 here or we don’t know. But rather confidently I don’t think he’d be in the bag yet
                                Very possible the same ND recruiting procedures that allowed Anderson to take the hook out of his mouth very well could have allowed Stanford to get a lead. Hope not, Elic makes my spidey senses tingle. Physically, he's got it all and he moves like a pro. Del kills with guys like this.

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyMac View Post

Loy's not gonna cover his face by throwing THAT much shade on the staff. I was shocked he went that far out on that limb. Never seen him do it before. Big ballz.
                                  The ND staff committed the cardinal sin of crootin by making him look bad in public.

Comment

This. That was some fire.

Very possible the same ND recruiting procedures that allowed Anderson to take the hook out of his mouth very well could have allowed Stanford to get a lead. Hope not, Elic makes my spidey senses tingle. Physically, he's got it all and he moves like a pro. Del kills with guys like this.
                                    The Anderson news is only concerning because of what it might or could mean for the rest of the board. If they are that far off on Anderson, do they have a bad read on the rest or others. This isn't happening on defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

This. That was some fire.

The Anderson news is only concerning because of what it might or could mean for the rest of the board. If they are that far off on Anderson, do they have a bad read on the rest or others. This isn't happening on defense.
                                      Yep, this has long been a shared beef here that it's the staff's procedures that are out of whack. Well Freeman fixed the D overnight. If you are going to pass on Cheeks, you better bring in a Sneed. Check.

Now Tommy, if you pass on a Anderson... you better fill that slot with Ayomanor, Greene, Bradshaw (if that's still a thing)... or someone as good not currently on the board. And that's on top of keeping Walker, and signing Tobias & CJ.

He can still win the game but he's gotta play each hand perfectly from here on out.

Comment

Yep, this has long been a shared beef here that it's the staff's procedures that are out of whack. Well Freeman fixed the D overnight. If you are going to pass on Cheeks, you better bring in a Sneed. Check.

Now Tommy, if you pass on a Anderson... you better fill that slot with Ayomanor, Greene, Bradshaw (if that's still a thing)... or someone as good not currently on the board. And that's on top of keeping Walker, and signing Tobias & CJ.

He can still win the game but he's gotta play each hand perfectly from here on out.
                                        Honestly, Rees might be a bit out of his league as a 30 year old OC with one year experience.

Comment

Good grief. We have girls wanting to marry us and we are telling them 'cool story babe, go out and date some other guys first.'

Comment

Spoke with Singer.

Didnt give away much tbh. Decision expected after a 7-7 tourney this week and he heads back to Canada. Don’t know if that is a days or weeks timeframe but I’d guess weeks

Comment

Spoke with Singer.

Didnt give away much tbh. Decision expected after a 7-7 tourney this week and he heads back to Canada. Don’t know if that is a days or weeks timeframe but I’d guess weeks
                                              You spoke with Singer or Elic spoke with him?

Comment

Elic did lol. Sorry would have posted the article tweet but hadn’t seen it tweeted it out.

Comment

Singer hearing only reason might not be a Cardinal already is waiting on admission. He’s been hinting at Stanford for a few weeks at this point

Comment

Singer hearing only reason might not be a Cardinal already is waiting on admission. He’s been hinting at Stanford for a few weeks at this point
                                                    What a f&%*ing waste. He's going to be really good and probably end up a mid round pick in the NFL. But to get to the NFL he'll have to play in an empty stadium and lose 35+% of his games. Damn shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post

What a f&%*ing waste. He's going to be really good and probably end up a mid round pick in the NFL. But to get to the NFL he'll have to play in an empty stadium and lose 35+% of his games. Damn shame.
                                                      Good thing you put a + on that 35.

Comment

Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post

Who cares? He's not even a take for us. It could be worse, he could be a Toiletmaker.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Turtle View Post

Who cares? He's not even a take for us. It could be worse, he could be a Toiletmaker.
                                                          he's not a take? Have not seen that reported anywhere. He did an OV in June.

Comment

Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post

he's not a take? Have not seen that reported anywhere. He did an OV in June.
                                                            He's a plan B.

Comment

Lock up Merriweather and Williams and then focus on Greene or Bradshaw for the last spot
                                                              Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

Don't forget Major. New offer

Comment

A sneaky interesting update here. VIP from Loy that says ND is done at 3 WR’s for now.

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...840314/?page=1

Comment

3? Is that an admission?

Comment

A sneaky interesting update here. VIP from Loy that says ND is done at 3 WR’s for now.

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...840314/?page=1
                                                                      That's too bad. Would really like to have seen them go hard after Bradshaw for the 4th spot.

Comment

I think the “for now” is key and that they’ll still recruit elite options. This sounds like a narrative that they want out there. Maybe to help sell Walker on staying in the fold? That’s just a guess but I doubt they’re going to call Greene and tell him to not come in his OV.

Comment

It was kind of a report non-report to me. First, ND hasn’t been pressing reportedly for weeks on Elic, plus he just outright prefers Stanford. So we are closing the door on a 4th WR of the group of guys like Bradshaw, Elic, Griffin that we haven’t been pressing on anyways. To me it’s just cutting lose backup plans from the beginning. Everhart isn’t really a “WR” as much as ATH recruit and Greene likely falls into the too good to pass group.

Comment

Committed to Stanford

Comment

• #88
                                                                              I hope this doesn’t come back to bite us in the ass
                                                                              60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

• #89
                                                                                Originally posted by Irishnuke View Post
                                                                                Both, Ayomanor and Cooper, will be "what if's" to track.

And, this is how Stanford stays relevant.

Comment

• #90
                                                                                  I don’t know if we know the answer to would Ayomanor have chosen Stanford regardless of NDs push level. Seems like he always preferred them, but also seems like we never pushed after offering so

Comment

• #91

Both, Ayomanor and Cooper, will be "what if's" to track.

And, this is how Stanford stays relevant.
                                                                                    They're deadmen walking there already. This isn't nearly enough to move the needle.

Comment

• #92

They're deadmen walking there already. This isn't nearly enough to move the needle.
                                                                                      yeah the best stanford gonna be is Weis era ND, they will have OL, QB and WR's but nothing on defense
                                                                                      What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #93
                                                                                        Originally posted by Irishnuke View Post
                                                                                        Who would you replace in our class for him right now? For me, it's nobody.

Comment

• #94

I said stay relevant, I didn't say win the Pac-12. The Pac-12 North, outside of Oregon, is looking lost. With UW looking like they're falling back to earth. Stay relevant is like winning 7 to 9 games and making stuff ugly competitive when we head out West to see them every other year. I think this type of recruiting does that.

Have you looked at the rest of their class? They've signed 3 legit defenders in Cooper, Tafiti, and Ramsey. A legit 4 star defender at every level of the defense. Though Tafiti is probably a ROLB in their defense. All 3 would be competitive on our roster.

They have 2 4 star OL and a 3rd that I know BobbyMac wishes ND moved on in Swanson. Those 3 get really interesting in our class with the misses on the OL of late. A 4 star RB. Ayomanor at WR and a few other guys that wouldn't surprise me to out play their ratings by a lot. 7 4 stars in total out 17 guys. But they also went out and got some regional guys from TX, DC, and GA that local schools wanted.

Comment

• #95
                                                                                            Originally posted by dublinirish View Post

yeah the best stanford gonna be is Weis era ND, they will have OL, QB and WR's but nothing on defense
                                                                                            I kinda disagree entirely with that

Comment

• #96
                                                                                              I’m not going to lose sleep over Joe Wilkins 2.0

Have fun with our scraps.

Comment

• #97
                                                                                                They have a S committed in Kamari Ramsey who's rated a .94, 4 star, and ranked 152nd nationally. When was the last time we signed one of those?

Ernest Cooper is a also a .94 rated, 4 star, ranked 151 nationally. These aren't leftovers to most programs, including ours. Right now we're signing 1 DL, annually, with that rating or better. These guys can play.

Comment

• #98
                                                                                                  They have a S committed in Kamari Ramsey who's rated a .94, 4 star, and ranked 152nd nationally. When was the last time we signed one of those?

Ernest Cooper is a also a .94 rated, 4 star, ranked 151 nationally. These aren't leftovers to most programs, including ours. Right now we're signing 1 DL, annually, with that rating or better. These guys can play.
                                                                                                  Kyle Hamilton is on line 1 sir....

Comment

• #99
                                                                                                    Originally posted by DONTH8 View Post

Kyle Hamilton is on line 1 sir....
                                                                                                    That's the point, lol. So far, it's been 3 cycles since we've signed a S thats rated that highly. Some of these guys would be legitimate 2 deep/starting caliber players on our roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

That's the point, lol. So far, it's been 3 cycles since we've signed a S thats rated that highly. Some of these guys would be legitimate 2 deep/starting caliber players on our roster.
                                                                                                      Fair enough. I get what you are saying. But to be fair, their Safety play has never stood out to me. Even when they had guys like Wayne Lyons who was a top 100 player they didnt do much with him. I'd take the guys on our roster the last couple of years, and Shuler next year, over their roster.

Also to be fair, I feel like Safety is one of the harder positions for sites to grade accurately. Some of our best safety play came from lower tier guys instead of the higher rated recruits that we have gotten. A lot of that is due to coaching and scheme. Regardless, I'm not too concerned with the trend mentioned. But maybe in 3-4 years, this will age very poorly.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X