Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'22 MA WR Joseph Griffin Jr (Boston College Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '22 MA WR Joseph Griffin Jr (Boston College Verbal)

Wide Receiver
    Springfield, MA
    Springfield Central HS

Measurements
    Height: 6'4"
    Weight: 190
    40:

Rankings
    247: 90 rating, #48 WR
    Rivals: 5.6 rating
    ESPN: 79 grade, #67 WR
    247 Comp: 0.8789 composite, #62 WR, #461 OA

Offers
    Notre Dame
    Boston College committed 10/21/2020
    Duke
    UMASS
    Virginia
    Wake Forest

Hudl
    https://www.hudl.com/profile/8761512/Joseph-Griffin-Jr
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 04-21-2021, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Has a younger brother who plays DL in 2023 class and has a BC offer also
      What did Davonte do?

Comment

We’re apparently slow playing Xayvion Bradshaw, but then we offer this guy. What is the strategy?

Comment

Originally posted by longliveautrydenson View Post
          We’re apparently slow playing Xayvion Bradshaw, but then we offer this guy. What is the strategy?
          I haven't heard of us slow playing Bradshaw, but I'd also say that those two would play totally different spots in the offense.
          "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post

I haven't heard of us slow playing Bradshaw, but I'd also say that those two would play totally different spots in the offense.
            I saw yesterday that ND is not pushing for Bradshaw. We don’t have a player like him in this class, meanwhile we accepted a commitment from a project (Walker) that will likely play the same position as Griffin. If Griffin and Walker are 2 of the 3 WRs in this class, it is a massive massive failure.

Comment

I’m beginning to lose faith in Coach Del’s ability to recruit at the required level here at Notre Dame. I hope the staff’s evaluation of this player is correct and I’ll happily eat my crow.

If the Notre Dame offense wants to score more than 3, 10, and 14 points in conference championship/playoff games, then Del needs to get on that Marcus Freeman recruiting plan.

They didn’t want to offer Reggie Fleurima, but this guy got one??

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                Has a younger brother who plays DL in 2023 class and has a BC offer also
                Is he a 3 start too?

Comment

I’m not extremely high in Del as a recruiter but he’s brought in 3 top 100 WR’s over the last two classes. What other position groups can say that, OL? So the position we recruit the best. I think we need to see how they finish before we evaluate this class. They have Williams and Merriweather scheduled to visit in June.

On this young man, I’d liked to see more. But, I saw his thread at 247 filled with folks talking about his lack of athleticism and whatnot. And maybe it doesn’t show up on film but he’s an athlete. He’s a head on rim kind of jumper. Dunking like this takes unique body control, explosion, and coordination. Which are some pretty good attributes for a WR.

Comment

Y'all way too high on Bradshaw. Not sure where that came from.

Comment

He also won the WR MVP at the USA Football combine down in Dallas recently.

He’s a very intriguing guy, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                        I’m beginning to lose faith in Coach Del’s ability to recruit at the required level here at Notre Dame. I hope the staff’s evaluation of this player is correct and I’ll happily eat my crow.

If the Notre Dame offense wants to score more than 3, 10, and 14 points in conference championship/playoff games, then Del needs to get on that Marcus Freeman recruiting plan.

They didn’t want to offer Reggie Fleurima, but this guy got one??
                        WR Lorenzo Styles .94 Rating
                        WR Deion Colzie .95 Rating
                        WR Jayden Thomas .89 Rating
                        WR Amorion Walker .85 Rating

LB Burnham .95 Rating
                        DE Ford .94 Rating
                        CB Mickey .90 Rating
                        LB Ziegler .89 Rating
                        DE Gobaira .88 Rating
                        DE Agu .87 Rating

I am 1000% playing devils advocate here, but I think there is a negative perception of Del playing into this and maybe a but positive of Freeman, warranted or not on both. These are the actual #s as we sit on 4/21/2021, I didn’t include 2020 because was unsure of recruiting responsibility that year, but it would only help Del since Jordan Johnson be included
                        Last edited by Dale; 04-21-2021, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post

WR Lorenzo Styles .94 Rating
                          WR Deion Colzie .95 Rating
                          WR Jayden Thomas .89 Rating
                          WR Amorion Walker .85 Rating

LB Burnham .95 Rating
                          DE Ford .94 Rating
                          CB Mickey .90 Rating
                          LB Ziegler .89 Rating
                          DE Gobaira .88 Rating
                          DE Agu .87 Rating

I am 1000% playing devils advocate here, but I think there is a negative perception of Del playing into this and maybe a but positive of Freeman, warranted or not on both. These are the actual #s as we sit on 4/21/2021
                          The major difference between these groups is that I’m very confident that the defensive will max out the potential for most of those guys. My confidence is high because the defensive staff seems to always coach up their guys well.

I want to be excited for Styles and Colzie, but several upper-classmen receivers who were rated just as high coming out of high school are having trouble establishing themselves in the offense. It gives me major pause.

Comment

The major difference between these groups is that I’m very confident that the defensive will max out the potential for most of those guys. My confidence is high because the defensive staff seems to always coach up their guys well.

I want to be excited for Styles and Colzie, but several upper-classmen receivers who were rated just as high coming out of high school are having trouble establishing themselves in the offense. It gives me major pause.
                            So that’s not knocking Del’s recruiting then? That’s knocking his development which fair, again devils advocate but kind of different thing in that case

Comment

Who are the several upperclassmen WR?

Comment

Del was here for Boykin and Claypool right? And he also oversaw a nearly forgotten McKinley? I'm not saying he's producing HOF talent, per se (Claypool could be on that path), but he's certainly coached up the guys we had. Some of this was on an offense/QB who wouldn't take shots down field and some very unfortunate injuries/suspensions over the last 2 years.

Imagine if Austin had stayed healthy/available, we'd be having a very different discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post
                                  Del was here for Boykin and Claypool right? And he also oversaw a nearly forgotten McKinley? I'm not saying he's producing HOF talent, per se (Claypool could be on that path), but he's certainly coached up the guys we had. Some of this was on an offense/QB who wouldn't take shots down field and some very unfortunate injuries/suspensions over the last 2 years.

Imagine if Austin had stayed healthy/available, we'd be having a very different discussion.
                                  This. I had this typed up but refreshed the page to see you beat me to it.

The same guy that developed Boykin and Claypool into NFL players?

I’m not even that high on Del but we do this thing every year, where a position group in the Spring, isn’t up to par with others so we single out the coach. Facts be damned.

Comment

I understand the concern with recruiting wide receivers, but honestly I'm much more concerned with our recruiting at cornerback and safety.
                                    Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post

Is he a 3 star too?
                                      Griffin is now a 4 star WR, updated today on 247.

Comment

Thanks. My above post was meant to be italicized (still goofy up with the new site).
                                        With that said, regardless of his start rating, I genuinely like his game/potential more than Tyler Morris.

Comment

Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post

Is he a 3 start too?
                                          https://www.hudl.com/profile/13371105/Josiah-Griffin

Here is his Hudle profile, he is not listed on 247 or Rivals yet
                                          What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post

https://www.hudl.com/profile/13371105/Josiah-Griffin

Here is his Hudle profile, he is not listed on 247 or Rivals yet
                                            wrong player. I believe Josiah is his brother. Joseph Griffin is a 4 star receiver on 247

Comment

Saw that and I think that's a fair rating/ranking for him. He's clearly a guy that is ascending and has some near elite traits about him. But, it does seem like he's still putting it altogether to be a collegiate WR. Though the second clip is short, I think it shows a clear improvement in foot speed and quickness from last summer until now.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

Saw that and I think that's a fair rating/ranking for him. He's clearly a guy that is ascending and has some near elite traits about him. But, it does seem like he's still putting it altogether to be a collegiate WR. Though the second clip is short, I think it shows a clear improvement in foot speed and quickness from last summer until now.
                                                Agreed, he looks flat out slow in the clips from 2020. And to be fair he looks like a long strider and that can be deceptive.

Comment

Maybe he’s a huge New Balance fan. Just kidding, but I did see where BC is the first P5 school to switch to NB as their outfitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post

wrong player. I believe Josiah is his brother. Joseph Griffin is a 4 star receiver on 247
                                                    i meant his brother is not listed on rivals or 247 yet
                                                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

Freeman predicts he goes Irish

Comment

Just one other comment. Hafely is a really good recruiter with an eye for talent. He was really good at that in OSU (signed Simon's brother, Lathan Ransom among others) and lured Leonte Carroo (remember him?) to Rutgers. He is a very good recruiter who had a top 40 class at BC last year. It's still not like stealing a WR from a top 5 program, but this is not the same BC program as many remember.

Comment

Reps. Hafley is going to have BC looking tough in the next couple of years. He’s getting some solid players for BC

Comment

What did Davonte do?

Comment

...Yo....
                                                              "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post

...Yo....
                                                                This kid is too good to play for BC, can't let them get their confidence up.

Comment

That is a nice clip. Twitchier than you'd think for a guy with his measurables
                                                                  Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

I posted before he has a ton of raw athleticism. You can’t jump like that without being athletic AF.

Now it’s just about building a more well rounded athlete. And, it looks like that is coming together.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                    Working...
                                                                    X