Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'22 GA DE Darren Agu (Vanderbilt Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jamie U gave the prospect comparison of Gregory Rousseau which sounds great to me. This is a guy I think we'll all love to see in his senior season.
    "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Wish Koon was here to complain about another 3 star.

"Nick Saban only offered because he was trying to trick Kelly into wasting a pick on Agu so Saban can still Wesolak!"

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

good read, sorry if already posted.
          freebie
          https://247sports.com/college/notre-...Agu-163896563/
          The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
          Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

It’ll be interesting to see if his teammate, SDE from Germany, Linus Zink, that committed to Lea at Vanderbilt turns out to be a good one.

Comment

Nice pickup for the Irish. Does this mean Wesolak doesn't commit to ND? Tom Lemming thinks Agu has 5* potential:
              https://www.ndinsider.com/recruiting...ebe537bfe.html

Comment

Wesolak is releasing a top 15 so that kind of shows where he’s at in the process. He went from committing to ND to releasing a top 15. I’d bet both Wesolak and Moss are in that take no matter when scenario but that has a long time to play out, it seems.

Comment

Comment

Wonder where Agu ends up finally ranked once the LOI is signed. Is it much higher than he is now? Seem's like an early evaluation win the likes of Kyle Hamilton. One can only hope...

Comment

Originally posted by Irishbounty28 View Post
                      Wonder where Agu ends up finally ranked once the LOI is signed. Is it much higher than he is now? Seem's like an early evaluation win the likes of Kyle Hamilton. One can only hope...
                      His current ranking on 247, if we’re being honest, is just random. They had him as a TE and Loy probably told someone uhh hey we got this kid committing to ND in a few days and everyone is actually looking at him as a DE. So they flipped him to a high 3 Star DE right before the commitment. I’d expect a more serious eval result in a 93+ type rating

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post

His current ranking on 247, if we’re being honest, is just random. They had him as a TE and Loy probably told someone uhh hey we got this kid committing to ND in a few days and everyone is actually looking at him as a DE. So they flipped him to a high 3 Star DE right before the commitment. I’d expect a more serious eval result in a 93+ type rating
                        I feel the same in that his rating will rise over time. It has never really mattered to me because I feel the staff does an outstanding job of evaluating, especially on the DL, but it would be nice to have the quality show in the rankings.

Comment

Welcome to Notre Dame Darren!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome to ND. Man the Georgia pipeline is getting good.
                            Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Defensive End Darren Agu In-Depth on Notre Dame Commitment (247sports.com)

It's a premium article from Loy so I'll just leave this snippet here.

ON WHAT HE IS BRINGING TO THE NOTRE DAME FOOTBALL PROGRAM

"Well, I'm going to bring crazy athleticism, explosiveness, strength, speed, and in God's name, a ring."

Comment

Yes, more of that swagger please.
                                I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

Haha. That is gold.

Comment

Originally posted by NDBoiler View Post
                                    Yes, more of that swagger please.
                                    ditto

Comment

Comment

Awwwwww snap!

Comment

Any confirmation that he's on campus?

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                            Awwwwww snap!

Wow that's something else.
                                            Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyMac View Post
                                                Finally can follow you on Twitter

Comment

The talent at that canoe wasn’t very good but he looks good doing it so it should be translate.
                                                  Last edited by Luckylucci; 07-05-2021, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Tyson Ford hitting back at “sliding to DT” comment. Lol. ;)
                                                    "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

Decommitted???

Comment

Sounds like it. That blows

Comment

Too bad. He has a ton of potential, and upside. Good luck kid.

Comment

Bummer. Tons of upside. Better to get on these kinds of guys early than not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                                                              Decommitted???
                                                              Anything else to add? Where you saw it and what you read/heard?

Comment

Originally posted by dad4aa View Post

Anything else to add? Where you saw it and what you read/heard?
                                                                I read that he wanted to find a new destination where he would find early playing time…….disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by RockinIrish View Post

I read that he wanted to find a new destination where he would find early playing time…….disappointing.
                                                                  That sucks…thanks

Comment

”Moving ahead, the schools we're told to watch include Northwestern or Vanderbilt, in addition to others that could come into the mix in the future. We're told Agu is looking for a depth chart that will afford him the chance to play early in college, something that likely wasn't going to happen at Notre Dame.”

Odd.

Comment

Could this be a Nickel situation……prospect of Moss and/or Lucas (wishful thinking)…… and the quality of the ‘23 DEs being committed.
                                                                      sigpic

Comment

Two different sites are reporting that the decision was mutual between Agu & the staff.
                                                                        Rivals says they think the 2023 DE class being put together caused concern for Agu.
                                                                        If he is afraid of the 2023 guys, then better to move on anyways.

Comment

Vandy? That’s a great place to let football talent rot

Comment

It will be interesting to see who the staff will now pursue the hardest……….I know that Cyrus Moss and Anthony Lucas are DL targets but wonder if DJ Wesolak will come back into the mix or which other players will be identified as prime targets.

Comment

• #88
                                                                              Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                                                              Vandy? That’s a great place to let football talent rot
                                                                              Something tells me their head coach will make good use of a talented, versatile defensive player, regardless of their place in the SEC pecking order.

Not a bad guy to play for when you just decommitted from ND and are also considering playing for Pat Fitzgerald at Northwestern lol.

Comment

• #89
                                                                                Hmmm this allows the staff to call Lucas, bluff, take Hero as an inside guy

Comment

• #90
                                                                                  I imagine they can get wesolak or Tafiti.

Comment

• #91
                                                                                    I guess the timing of the Hero Kanu offer makes a lot more sense now!

Comment

• #92
                                                                                      Sounds like he’ll be with Lea within the week from Loy/Vandy 247. If he gets the bump we expected, Lea’s best snag to date

Comment

• #93
                                                                                        With our start on the 23 class I'd say go all in on another elite prospect in this class or next year's. No need to reach to fill a spot in a position where we already have pretty good depth.

Comment

• #94
                                                                                          Yea, it sounds like depth chart is a factor. Likely to end up at Vandy or NW for now. Huge bummer because I love his upside and we told Wesolak no for this guy. What a shitty outcome that is.

However, with Gobaira and Keeley in back to back classes it’s hard to be negative on the positions future.

If he does end up at Vandy I’ll always wonder if Lea was doing some neg crootin on ND. Who got in his ear about the depth chart? Was he under the impression PT on a playoff caliber program was easy to come by?

Comment

• #95
                                                                                            Dang, good luck to the kid.

Does he need to be replaced in the 22 class?

Comment

• #96
                                                                                              Not sour grapes because I’ve thought this from the beginning of his recruitment. Dude is talented, but will need some development to be a successful D1 prospect. He isn’t a day one plug and play right now. If he’s playing early for Vandy, or anyone, his learning curve will be steep, and there will be a lot of heartache.

Comment

• #97
                                                                                                Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                                                Yea, it sounds like depth chart is a factor. Likely to end up at Vandy or NW for now. Huge bummer because I love his upside and we told Wesolak no for this guy. What a shitty outcome that is.

However, with Gobaira and Keeley in back to back classes it’s hard to be negative on the positions future.

If he does end up at Vandy I’ll always wonder if Lea was doing some neg crootin on ND. Who got in his ear about the depth chart? Was he under the impression PT on a playoff caliber program was easy to come by?
                                                                                                That is possible on Lea negative recruiting. I think it is no more likely then him having conversations with our d staff and expressing those concerns and being shown that opportunity at Vandy.

Comment

• #98
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

Is that really negative recruiting though? Sounds more negative toward Agu than ND.
                                                                                                  60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

• #99
                                                                                                    He committed as a potential #4 DE in the class. It takes a special player to accept the Ade Ogundeji spot in a class. They're still going after Moss, they landed 5* Keeley and they aren't done recruiting other Vypers. I can see how he may have had a change of heart.

Comment

• Would hope recontact Wesolak. He's up to a top 200 player in the 247 composite.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X