Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'22 GA DE Darren Agu (Notre Dame Verbal)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '22 GA DE Darren Agu (Notre Dame Verbal)

DE / TE
    Rabun Gap, GA
    Nacoochee School
    Born in Ireland, raised in London

Measurements:
    Height: 6-6
    Weight: 235

R&R's - 4-1-21:
    247 Comp: .. 3* ..... #31 TE .......... #581 OA ..... .8688 rating
    247: ............. 3* ..... #47 TE ................................ 86
    Rivals: ......... 3* ..... #27 ATH .............................. 5.7

R&R's - 4-9-21:
    247 Comp: .. 3* ..... #28 WDE ....... #461 OA ..... .8688 rating
    247: ............. 3* ..... #22 WDE ............................. 86
    Rivals: ......... 3* ..... #27 ATH ............................... 5.7

Offers:
    Notre Dame ..... Offered - 4-2-21 ..... Committed - 4-9-21

Bama
    ASU
    Ark
    Aub
    Colo
    Duke
    FSU
    GT
    I State
    K State
    UK
    LVille
    UMia
    MSU
    MN
    Miss
    UNC
    PSU
    Pitt
    Rut
    SCar
    USF
    Tenn
    Vandy
    UVa
    VT
    WV
    Akron
    Coastal Caro
    ECU

Media Links:

Twitter = @agu_darren

Hudl = https://www.hudl.com/profile/13630004/Darren-Agu

Maxpreps = https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/dar...ball/stats.htm

Highlights:

JR Season (Defense) = https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1363000...3d55098c46107a
    Last edited by NDCrusader; 04-09-2021, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Everyone's talking about him at DE for ND.

Got a Bama offer today.

From England --- Has Vandy & Duke offers too.

Productive TE last season also. 13 rec ... 218 yds ... 5 TD

What's in the water in Rabuns Gap???

Comment

ND has been recruiting him for awhile now, without an offer obviously. It’s always felt like he was a Wesolak decision from said offer. I wonder if that’s why Bama has moved on him. Could mean good news for ND.

Comment

Just got offered per loy on Twitter
          Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
            Just got offered per loy on Twitter
            Alabama offered too

What did Davonte do?

Comment

Wonder what this means?

Comment

kid came through the London Blitz Youth ranks and then the UK NFL Academy structures.
                What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                  Wonder what this means?
                  It feels like it’s the pressure Wesolak needs now that basketball season is over to get on campus with Ford and join the party.

Comment

Or maybe the other way around. Mike Singer at Rivals with the FC to ND.

Comment

If he’s someone who’s about to blowup (Bama and ND I’d guess is not where this ends) and staff started to identify recently, I don’t think the timing is any mind games. Just a prospect they feel needs offer, sometimes just that.

a lot of his old articles it’s all TE in the mentions. I wonder if some of his current offers, the school was recruiting for both and writer just didn’t know that or if he gets “re-offered” as a DE by many of these

Comment

Loy CB

Comment

Anyone know how a UK kid ended up in NE GA. IIRC the HS is a prep school, so I guess his parents could be elsewhere if he's not part of the day program.

His prep school is known for their literal circus curriculum.
                          The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                          Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

Is it first come first serve with him and the kid from Missouri?
                            Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

now a Wiltfong CB

Comment

If they can get Agu to go with Ford and Gobaira, they should be set for at least two years. So much length, athleticism, and untapped potential in this group. Add Wesolak and/or Moss and call it a night.

It sounds like this is just a matter of when, not if.

Comment

Not sure how to feel about this recruitment. If we decided we liked Agu as much or more than Wesolak, then I’m all for it. But if we only made the move because we lost Wesolak to Alabama then that kind of sucks.

We’re going to be fine no matter what happens, but I hate when we identify a guy early, make an investment in him, then lose him to Bama, OSU, or Clemson.

Comment

Just tried to do some research on him. His twitter machine has been suspended lol. I like him already.

Comment

Originally posted by longliveautrydenson View Post
                                      Not sure how to feel about this recruitment. If we decided we liked Agu as much or more than Wesolak, then I’m all for it. But if we only made the move because we lost Wesolak to Alabama then that kind of sucks.

We’re going to be fine no matter what happens, but I hate when we identify a guy early, make an investment in him, then lose him to Bama, OSU, or Clemson.
                                      Alabama offered Agu the same day as ND. I don't think this is a plan B offer by any means. I think teams were in wait and see mode with this kid and things have played out accordingly.

Comment

Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Miami, Michigan State, Ole Miss, Penn State, Pitt, South Carolina, Tennessee...

I like that list, and I'm sure it will grow now that Bama and ND offered. He's listed as TE by most services, but guessing that may flip.

Comment

Can it really be that if Bama offered before ND did? I actually thought it was the opposite. Bama offered because Wesolak is going to ND.

ND has been on this guy for a bit and like others probably wanted to see a little more from him. Now, that he’s got out and worked out, the offers are rolling in.

Comment

Freeman with the ND prediction. Sounds like something is coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post
                                              Anyone know how a UK kid ended up in NE GA. IIRC the HS is a prep school, so I guess his parents could be elsewhere if he's not part of the day program.

His prep school is known for their literal circus curriculum.
                                              he was part of the NFL UK Academy which develops kids in the UK. He's also part of Euro Elite which is like a recruiting service for European kids to get sent to High schools in the US with a view to getting scholarships
                                              What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                Freeman with the ND prediction. Sounds like something is coming.

Yeah, feels like the Big 2 got the word over the weekend. Time for Dean to call it in.

Comment

Do we have any indication he's being recruited specifically as a DE instead of as an athlete?

Comment

Originally posted by Pops Freshenmeyer View Post
                                                    Do we have any indication he's being recruited specifically as a DE instead of as an athlete?
                                                    Yes, he's being specifically recruited as a DE.

Comment

His HS coach sounds like he’s in NDs corner from what I read of him speaking to Sinclair

Comment

Darren Agu: From Europe to Power Five CFB Prospect (247sports.com)

His coach says that he's a full 6'6 with no shoes on.

Comment

Happy Commitment Day!

Comment

Did he? If so, freaking great!
                                                            I have invested everything BUT tuition for Notre Dame. I make no apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by Fbolt View Post
                                                              Did he? If so, freaking great!
                                                              No he hasn't yet. But it is expected today. He posted on instagram that it's set for 4pm.

Comment

Comment

This was done Friday evening I believe, or early into the weekend. Nice pickup on a high ceiling kid that fits what ND is looking for on and off the field. Elston continues to crush it in recruiting and development.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Man3 View Post
                                                                    This was done Friday evening I believe, or early into the weekend. Nice pickup on a high ceiling kid that fits what ND is looking for on and off the field. Elston continues to crush it in recruiting and development.
                                                                    Committed the day he was offered.

Comment

Cool beans

Sent from my SM-J337U using Tapatalk

Comment

I am curious about one thing, why did it unfold in this fashion?

from 247 (Free)

“...the Fighting Irish coaching staff has been recruiting the 6-6, 235-pounder for months. He was targeted early by Elston and the relationship has grown a great deal since they initially had contact. Since that point, Agu and the Notre Dame coaches have already gone through film work, position meetings, a virtual visit to Notre Dame, and he’s already spoken with every coach on the staff.”

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...022-163687433/

Hadn’t seen his name before first mention was a week or so before offer. Staff wanted to keep quiet? Services knew but kept quiet? Any thoughts?

Comment

Committed the day he was offered.
                                                                          I originally heard the call was made over the weekend. ISD also with the same message. If it was Thursday, even better.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Man3 View Post

I originally heard the call was made over the weekend. ISD also with the same message. If it was Thursday, even better.
                                                                            I stand corrected. They actually offered on the 1st. It wasn’t reported until the 2nd. He then committed later that day.

Comment

• #39

I stand corrected. They actually offered on the 1st. It wasn’t reported until the 2nd. He then committed later that day.
                                                                              Either way, I'll take it. Especially on the same day as a new offer from Saban. Defensive recruiting continues to impress.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by Dale View Post
                                                                                I am curious about one thing, why did it unfold in this fashion?

from 247 (Free)

“...the Fighting Irish coaching staff has been recruiting the 6-6, 235-pounder for months. He was targeted early by Elston and the relationship has grown a great deal since they initially had contact. Since that point, Agu and the Notre Dame coaches have already gone through film work, position meetings, a virtual visit to Notre Dame, and he’s already spoken with every coach on the staff.”

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...022-163687433/

Hadn’t seen his name before first mention was a week or so before offer. Staff wanted to keep quiet? Services knew but kept quiet? Any thoughts?
                                                                                His name has been out there for awhile now. There were actually quite a few mentions from ISD, BGI, and II over the last 1-2 months.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Noice
                                                                                  "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Really like this young man's upside and love what Elston and Freeman are doing on the DL.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Lemming can drink some Irish Kool Aid some times but liked this quote from him:

“There are a lot of really good players interested in Notre Dame. They’re going to run out of scholarships before they run out of great players. That’s how good they’re doing.”

Comment

• #44

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          I believe it was Sinclair’s article that mentioned at that recent camp he attended, his Vert was 36 and his 40 was 4.75.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                                            I believe it was Sinclair’s article that mentioned at that recent camp he attended, his Vert was 36 and his 40 was 4.75.
                                                                                            Is that good for a DE?

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by T-Boone View Post

Is that good for a DE?
                                                                                              Joey Bosa ran a 4.86 and it was considered disappointing.

It's pretty solid for a kid that size in HS tho
                                                                                              Prehistoric

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by T-Boone View Post

Is that good for a DE?
                                                                                                10 DE ran the 40 at the 2019 combine. That time would have put him ahead of 8 of them (though well behind Rashan Gary's 4.58) and just ahead of Nick Bosa's 4.79.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  36" vert at that size seems really good. Taking Agu this early speaks to how coveted he is with the staff.

This isn't a 23rd hour BPA.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Taking into account his size, 6’5-6’6, and age,17, those show a really good athlete. He also ran it twice and got that both times.

FWIW, Freeman at ISD posted that the staff thinks he’s a first round potential type guy.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X