Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'22 TX WR Nicholas Anderson (Oregon Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Polish Leppy 22 View Post

ND trying to get a WR class full of 6'4" small forwards?
    Come on Lep, this isn't 80's HS hoops. 6-4 anymore means you're the PG or a manager.

Comment

Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post

I think walker goes to LSU
      I’d be perfectly happy with a class of Amayor, Anderson, Williams and Merriweather. But I definitely want Walker in the class more than ever now. Don’t care what position it is. Just keep recruiting him like crazy.
      Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

Originally posted by BabyIrish View Post

I’d be perfectly happy with a class of Amayor, Anderson, Williams and Merriweather. But I definitely want Walker in the class more than ever now. Don’t care what position it is. Just keep recruiting him like crazy.
        Not disagreeing with you at all
        Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Well…

Comment

Good sign for Tobias/CJ/Canada

...or maybe Nike handing out that NIL $$

Comment

Still from Day 1 haven’t understood this recruitment. The rumored main comp was PSU but obviously wasn’t or Oregon really blew it out of the water. Not sure can accurately put my finger on what NDs push level here was either. Certainly was a take it seemed though.

Comment

Interesting because Oregon insiders were not confident here after his visit. Hoping this is a positive note in regards to other prospects, but we'll have to see. I know everyone is getting antsy for offensive recruiting payoffs.
                "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

I have zero feel that this is a good sign of anything. I think it is just a loss. Have others on board yes. Others on board they want more sure. But was clear they wanted him and it is a loss.

Comment

Running out of ninja potentials too

Comment

Loy is saying that ND had both in the fold and simply didnt close...

Comment

Well weren’t we told a week or two ago about how great it was they encouraged them to still take the rest of their visits. Always Be Closing period

Comment

Originally posted by SoIll View Post
                          Or Loy could be wrong

Regardless, I prefer that final (assuming CJ and Tobias are in) wr spot to go to a wildcard like Ayomanor

Comment

Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post

Or Loy could be wrong

Regardless, I prefer that final (assuming CJ and Tobias are in) wr spot to go to a wildcard like Ayomanor
                            The first two were never going to be effected by Anderson and Ayomanor that has been question, problem is idk if it’s Irish or Cardinal

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post

The first two were never going to be effected by Anderson and Ayomanor that has been question, problem is idk if it’s Irish or Cardinal
                              Correct
                              Assuming ND lands Amorion, Tobias (Stanford battle) and CJ
                              I want (my preference) of Ayomanor > Anderson

Comment

So is this Del not closing, Kelly, Rees or a combination? Let Freeman do all the recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by SoIll View Post
                                  Who is both? Anderson and...?
                                  "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post

Who is both? Anderson and...?
                                    singleton

Comment

Or Loy could be wrong

very well good be. Just bringing the info. My bad, will stop

Comment

“Silents”

Comment

Lots of bad info lately from the insiders.

Comment

I wonder if Joseph Griffin is still in play………

Comment

Sources Inside The Gug have been a bit off here recently lol

Comment

Gotta give credit where credit is due, the past few year's Oregon has stepped up their recruiting. Did this one get away from ND? Was he not a priority like Williams and Merriweather?

A year from now if we are talking about Del on this staff I'll be surprised. I don't know who, but I think ND can do better than him at the WR coach.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see what this means for Ayomanor, because if they've made traction with him, I can see prioritizing him over Anderson. Like both, prefer Ayomanor.

But we need some good news soon, because the vibe has turned negative.

Some good news please.
                                                  It's Just a Ride.

Comment

They keep telling me how great offensive recruiting is going these days but all I feel are the cool breezes from whiffs.

Comment

The unacceptable was del’s three receiver max rule and all the decent plan b’s whose visits were cancelled because they had all the plan A’s in the bag. I sure hope I am wrong but feels very egg on the face.

Comment

Originally posted by SBirishlawyer View Post
                                                        The unacceptable was del’s three receiver max rule and all the decent plan b’s whose visits were cancelled because they had all the plan A’s in the bag. I sure hope I am wrong but feels very egg on the face.
                                                        What three receiver max rule? We took FIVE in 2018.
                                                        It's Just a Ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Riddickulous View Post
                                                          Lots of bad info lately from the insiders.
                                                          Yep I'm starting to feel really good about not spending my money on any of them
                                                          Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post

Yep I'm starting to feel really good about not spending my money on any of them
                                                            ISD has been better as of late, but I wasn't happy with my sub the last few months. I share a 247 account with some buddies. They are big Illinois basketball fans. I can still use that to see what Tommy Loy has cookin.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinKSU View Post
                                                              They keep telling me how great offensive recruiting is going these days but all I feel are the cool breezes from whiffs.
                                                              Haha. It is more like ground out double plays.

Comment

Good grief. Anderson, the big three running backs, the three linemen from Wisconsin. Offensive recruiting has serious issues.

Comment

Not the end of the world here if we end up with Williams, Merriweather and Ayomanor. I’m not sure what our backup plans are if we miss on any or if Walker decommits though so let’s hope we don’t have to cross that bridge.

But I think the more concerning thing here is we seemingly had Singleton, Schrauth and Anderson locked up and now they’re going elsewhere. Schrauth we may still have a chance with, but still drives the point home of where we thought we stood with him to where we are now.

Comment

I'm going to be honest, I am a little surprised by this one because of what we were all led to believe, however, I don't blame the pay sites if their info is wrong in some of these cases. They are getting their info straight from the coaches and recruits. So the staff is getting bamboozled as well apparently. Curious to see what the pay sites can tell everyone about this one. I am just hoping that the staff knew this and it wasn't as big of a surprise for them as it was for us.

Also I feel good about our other options, but it would be nice to have at least one more of the receivers committed by now.

Comment

The staff needs to be better closers. Simple as that. They get fat and happy when they get a hint/inclination that a recruit will commit and they take their foot off the gas.

This is now 3 recruits this month that this, or something similar, has happened?

If BK and Rees are happy with 3 and 10 point performances in the playoffs, then just keep doing what you’re doing.

Comment

Starting to get the feeling this is more a BK/Tommy problem than it is a Del problem. Feels like they're getting too cute at the end trying to get their perfect room. Or maybe they put him on hold waiting on Ayomanor? That would be ballsy.

That said, Anderson was at the bottom or my list of possibles. So if this ends up Elic, CJ & Tobias... I'm happy. If they want to add a 4th (please) I've got suggestions if Bradshaw isn't gonna work.

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                                          I'm going to be honest, I am a little surprised by this one because of what we were all led to believe, however, I don't blame the pay sites if their info is wrong in some of these cases. They are getting their info straight from the coaches and recruits. So the staff is getting bamboozled as well apparently. Curious to see what the pay sites can tell everyone about this one. I am just hoping that the staff knew this and it wasn't as big of a surprise for them as it was for us.

Also I feel good about our other options, but it would be nice to have at least one more of the receivers committed by now.
                                                                          Adding to my last post here - Beau hits on what I think is most important: if the staff wasn’t surprised and knew then this probably isn’t that big of a deal. It’s only a bigger deal to us because of the info we were given.

Comment

Quickly running out of options. Its widely believed they want four receivers and do not way to expand board or push for Turner-Bradshaw. So they would need to keep walker and bat a thousand. Possible but who else here thinks it is likely. At this point wish they would have stayed on Devon Jackson and DJ Wesolak because probably not going to end up using those schollies on the offense

Comment

• #88
                                                                              Originally posted by BobbyMac View Post
                                                                              Starting to get the feeling this is more a BK/Tommy problem than it is a Del problem. Feels like they're getting too cute at the end trying to get their perfect room. Or maybe they put him on hold waiting on Ayomanor? That would be ballsy.

That said, Anderson was at the bottom or my list of possibles. So if this ends up Elic, CJ & Tobias... I'm happy. If they want to add a 4th (please) I've got suggestions if Bradshaw isn't gonna work.
                                                                              Add a 4th? (after the 3 you listed?)
                                                                              Amorion is in the class

Comment

• #89

Add a 4th? (after the 3 you listed?)
                                                                                Amorion is in the class
                                                                                Sorry, On top of Walker of course.

With Brunelle leaving and the possibility of someone else unexpected leaving or not being asked back, who knows what they're thinking.

Can't say I love where ND is with '23 WR's either so I'd turn over every stone on '22.

Comment

• #90

With Brunelle leaving and the possibility of someone else unexpected leaving or not being asked back, who knows what they're thinking.

Can't say I love where ND is with '23 WR's either so I'd turn over every stone on '22.
                                                                                  Where they are at on 23 needs to be your next WR coaches problem as this one is quickly in the Denson/Lyght category on recruiting.

Comment

• #91

Where they are at on 23 needs to be your next WR coaches problem as this one is quickly in the Denson/Lyght category on recruiting.
                                                                                    I'm a realist and historically hard on coaches who aren't dogs but I disagree here... or am holding final judgement till later.

This is starting to remind me of '20 OL recruiting. I know it wasn't Quinn's decision to take just 2 because he ended up chasing 2 studs at the end. I'm 80% convinced this is a staff problem.

Comment

• #92

This is off topic but Brunelle, anyone heard more to that? Doesn’t have a home yet as most summer classes and workouts have begun. I wonder if there is more to the transfer or any shot of a return

Comment

• #93

I'm a realist and historically hard on coaches who aren't dogs but I disagree here... or am holding final judgement till later.

This is starting to remind me of '20 OL recruiting. I know it wasn't Quinn's decision to take just 2 because he ended up chasing 2 studs at the end. I'm 80% convinced this is a staff problem.
                                                                                        I agree with you. I am holding over a grudge from last cycle when Colzie didn’t know del’s name when he decomitted and when they stopped fighting it out of Thornton because they had there three receivers.

Comment

• #94
                                                                                          Originally posted by FWIrish4 View Post

Adding to my last post here - Beau hits on what I think is most important: if the staff wasn’t surprised and knew then this probably isn’t that big of a deal. It’s only a bigger deal to us because of the info we were given.
                                                                                          I’m thinking it probably WAS a surprise for the staff, since it sounds like Oregon didn’t think they had him in the bag, and since the ND sources all seemed to feel good (which usually comes from the coaching staff). And that’s a problem, because the offensive staff is misreading where they stand and/or failing to close when they feel good, and that’s baaaad when you’re talking about closing the gap with the top 3.

BK talks a big game about needing to step up recruiting to win a championship, and Freeman/Elston answer that on the defensive side… Rees/BK/??? better figure their shit out on the opposite side, or your elite defense is going to keep the big games closer, but you’re still gonna lose them because you don’t have enough horses to score points.

Comment

• #95
                                                                                            Originally posted by IrishLion View Post

I’m thinking it probably WAS a surprise for the staff, since it sounds like Oregon didn’t think they had him in the bag, and since the ND sources all seemed to feel good (which usually comes from the coaching staff). And that’s a problem, because the offensive staff is misreading where they stand and/or failing to close when they feel good, and that’s baaaad when you’re talking about closing the gap with the top 3.

BK talks a big game about needing to step up recruiting to win a championship, and Freeman/Elston answer that on the defensive side… Rees/BK/??? better figure their shit out on the opposite side, or your elite defense is going to keep the big games closer, but you’re still gonna lose them because you don’t have enough horses to score points.
                                                                                            This.

This isn’t an isolated incident and it’s not happening on defense. Clearly the offensive staff is misreading these.

Comment

• #96
                                                                                              Is it possible loys six ninjas were the 2 23 d ends,
                                                                                              singleton and Anderson which busted,
                                                                                              bellamy tomorrow
                                                                                              and sneed the one rolled back one. And that is it?

Comment

• #97
                                                                                                lol @ offensive recruiting

Comment

• #98
                                                                                                  Is it possible loys six ninjas were the 2 23 d ends,
                                                                                                  singleton and Anderson which busted,
                                                                                                  bellamy tomorrow
                                                                                                  and sneed the one rolled back one. And that is it?
                                                                                                  I think it’s not only possible, but probable. The only additional “ninja” I can think of would possibly be Moore.

Comment

• #99
                                                                                                    Originally posted by lcaps20 View Post

I think it’s not only possible, but probable. The only additional “ninja” I can think of would possibly be Moore.
                                                                                                    Welp that’s as big a boner killer as hearing a lady fart followed by a grunt and a flush. June maybe not a bust but kind of a bust light

Comment

• Let's judge the class after signing day. There is a long way to go until December. Remember Khari Gee came knocking last year late.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X