Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'22 TX WR Nicholas Anderson (Oregon Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '22 TX WR Nicholas Anderson (Oregon Verbal)

WR
    Katy, TX
    Katy HS

Measurements:
    Height: 6-4
    Weight: 185

Rankings:
    247 Comp: .. 3* ..... #58 WR ....... #405 OA ..... .8866
    247: ............. 3* ..... #60 WR ............................. 88
    Rivals: ......... 3* ................................................. 5.5
    ESPN: ......... 4* ..... #19 WR ....... #160 OA ...... 83
    Offers:
    Notre Dame ....... Offered 11-19-20

ASU
    Ark
    Cal
    Colo
    FSU
    GT
    Houston
    KU
    Marshall
    Maryland
    UMia
    MI
    MO
    SMiss
    Stanford
    TCU
    Texas
    UVa

Media Links:

Twitter = https://twitter.com/nicanderson02

Hudl = https://www.hudl.com/profile/11658115/Nicholas-Anderson

Highlights:

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/1165811...e9e60fe84c2d2b

Offered on Nov 19, 2020

Comment

3.6 GPA

29 rec / 450 yds / 5 TD on a run heavy team vs top Houston area schedule in the second highest class in TX.

Mentioned ND first on his Lemming clip:

Last edited by BobbyMac; 05-25-2021, 01:11 PM.

Comment

The podcasts I’m listening to say we’re in a good place for a number of highly rated guy, and then a whole bunch of new 3* offers. Can someone explain please? I know the talk on WR recruiting has been pretty downbeat recently but I was hoping for a decent haul this year.
        sigpic

Comment

Has ND ever got a guy from Katy?

Sent from my SM-J337U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by deise mike View Post
            The podcasts I’m listening to say we’re in a good place for a number of highly rated guy, and then a whole bunch of new 3* offers. Can someone explain please? I know the talk on WR recruiting has been pretty downbeat recently but I was hoping for a decent haul this year.
            We have five receivers currently rated four stars on the board:
            CJ Williams
            Kaleb Brown
            Tyler Morris
            Tobias Merriweather
            Kaden Saunders

We likely lead for none of them. Kaleb Brown is an extreme long shot. Saunders seems to be doubling down on PSU. Morris has probably been a slight Michigan lean for a while but could be in play. Merriweather was billed as a Stanford/ND race but then got an Oregon CB so who knows. Williams actually seems like the most likely of the five and even then you'd probably take the field. So while we could still land any of those guys (minus Brown imo) it just doesn't seem like it's gonna happen. So, gotta find the more raw talent that can still play at a four star level with time.
            Last edited by fightingirish26; 03-10-2021, 07:32 PM.

Comment

I guess you would need to define "recently". We're roughly 1 month removed from NSD where we finished with the highest rated group of reveivers in Kelly's tenure.

​​​​​
              Prehistoric

Comment

Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post

I guess you would need to define "recently". We're roughly 1 month removed from NSD where we finished with the highest rated group of reveivers in Kelly's tenure.

​​​​​
                In the last few weeks both this board and the podcasts have been fairly negative about Del Alexander’s recruiting and claiming that it’s been left to Rees to do the bulk of the work. I realise this is only hearsay but when this is being fed to you and then the top receiver targets start slipping away and are replaced by a group with much less media presence then you start to wonder.
                sigpic

Comment

In the last few weeks both this board and the podcasts have been fairly negative about Del Alexander’s recruiting and claiming that it’s been left to Rees to do the bulk of the work. I realise this is only hearsay but when this is being fed to you and then the top receiver targets start slipping away and are replaced by a group with much less media presence then you start to wonder.
                  Im with ya, but might also be hard to reel in another crazy WR class after our last one. And let's be honest we don't exactly have a QB to show them at the moment. I can see why this years group could be hesitant to pull the trigger.
                  Prehistoric

Comment

Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post

CJ Williams
                    Kaleb Brown
                    Tyler Morris
                    Tobias Merriweather
                    Kaden Saunders

We likely lead for none of them. Kaleb Brown is an extreme long shot. Saunders seems to be doubling down on PSU. Morris has probably been a slight Michigan lean for a while but could be in play. Merriweather was billed as a Stanford/ND race but then got an Oregon CB so who knows. Williams actually seems like the most likely of the five and even then you'd probably take the field. So while we could still land any of those guys (minus Brown imo) it just doesn't seem like it's gonna happen. So, gotta find the more raw talent that can still play at a four star level with time.
                    this is depressing
                    Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Say why you want about some of these guys but they were identified early. These are not your run of the mill, oh crap our board fell apart let’s offer some new guys during the summer recruitments. Walker was a Nov offer and Williams an October offer. For context, ND didn’t offer Kyle Hamilton until February 20th.

The entire conversation is being driven by ratings services that, for whatever reason, we put more emphasis on their opinions than our own football coaches. It’s truly bizarre but it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                        Has ND ever got a guy from Katy?

Sent from my SM-J337U using Tapatalk
                        Brock Wright?

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                          Say why you want about some of these guys but they were identified early. These are not your run of the mill, oh crap our board fell apart let’s offer some new guys during the summer recruitments. Walker was a Nov offer and Williams an October offer. For context, ND didn’t offer Kyle Hamilton until February 20th.

The entire conversation is being driven by ratings services that, for whatever reason, we put more emphasis on their opinions than our own football coaches. It’s truly bizarre but it is what it is.
                          I think this is largely in part due to the fact that (most) every time we see our boys play on a big stage, we are constantly getting pants'ed and reminded of the gap between the elite of CFB and our roster. We sit behind our keyboards and pray for a Kyle Hamilton (initial 3-star turned likely day-1 draftee) but the reality is we mostly are getting 3-stars. And that's fine when we play Purdue or Wake Forest, but it's not even remotely enough when we play the top tier. If we ever want to get over the hump we have to recruit better. Period. Last couple cycles were good on offense, but the defense lacked. Now the defense is getting it together and the offense is lacking. We just can't put it together on both sides of the ball. Would love for this (or any other) kid be the next Hamilton, but odds are they won't be.

EDIT: I don't mean that we're only signing 3-stars. I mean that the 3-stars we're signing are just that -- 3-stars, and for a reason.

Comment

Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post

CJ Williams
                            Kaleb Brown
                            Tyler Morris
                            Tobias Merriweather
                            Kaden Saunders

Kind of a glass half empty view though. There are guys around the 88-90 range that you left out and guys we have offered you left out due to being high 3 star or thinking there is not interest as we sit here in March. Both groups, if history serves, I’d be surprised if don’t contribute to your above list if we fast forward a few months

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post

Kind of a glass half empty view though. There are guys around the 88-90 range that you left out and guys we have offered you left out due to being high 3 star or thinking there is not interest as we sit here in March. Both groups, if history serves, I’d be surprised if don’t contribute to your above list if we fast forward a few months
                              It's glass half empty because of the post I was responding to. I don't doubt there will be others who eventually rise to four star status. But the post I quoted was asking why we are expanding the board despite our supposed good chance with the currently highly rated guys.

Comment

Visiting June 18-19

Comment

Loy with the ND CB.

Comment

Loy with the ND CB.

No one had CB'd him yet? This seemed like the surest thing on the WR board for a long while.

Comment

Comment

Would they take him and Merriweather? They seem like the same player.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                          Would they take him and Merriweather? They seem like the same player.
                                          I hope this isn’t a sign that Merriweather is slipping away. We seem to be trending in the right direction for CJ Williams and I haven’t heard anything about us taking 4 WRs.

Comment

Would be great. I would take him and Merriwether. It could be a sign Walker is happy to switch to DB.
                                            Lets go Houston. Is Katy the best football school in Houston?

Comment

Originally posted by T-Boone View Post
                                              Would be great. I would take him and Merriwether. It could be a sign Walker is happy to switch to DB.
                                              Lets go Houston. Is Katy the best football school in Houston?
                                              North Shore was the best in 2020. Katy would've been 2nd.

*** North Shore's been the best team in TX over the past 3 years actually but Westlake beat them in the playoffs last year by a FG on the way to the state title. North Shore won the top class in 2018 & 19

Comment

I haven’t seen anything to suggest it has anything to with Merriweather or numbers but it would make sense to go after another WR and I really like Walker as an ATH. So, that is a long winded way of saying, I have no clue, lol.

IMO, if they did land Walker, Anderson, and Merriweather that’d be too many similar guys. I think 2 of those guys could play together but not all 3. Is this recruiting to an offense that doesn’t have a slot? Is this recruiting 4 WR’s? Again, no clue but fun discussion.

Comment

I haven’t seen anything to suggest it has anything to with Merriweather or numbers but it would make sense to go after another WR and I really like Walker as an ATH. So, that is a long winded way of saying, I have no clue, lol.

IMO, if they did land Walker, Anderson, and Merriweather that’d be too many similar guys. I think 2 of those guys could play together but not all 3. Is this recruiting to an offense that doesn’t have a slot? Is this recruiting 4 WR’s? Again, no clue but fun discussion.
                                                  Yea, I think the question becomes, "where does Rees see his offense in the next couple of years?"
                                                  "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

To me, you take Merriweather and Greene no matter what if one or both want to come.
                                                    Last edited by BobbyMac; 05-29-2021, 10:36 AM.

Comment

i am still pining for McMillan out of Servite :(
                                                      What did Davonte do?

Comment

Texas insider, Nick Harris, with the ND CB.

Comment

Saw recent back and forth follows with staff and parents.

This is going public in June.

Comment

Originally posted by jspags10pg View Post
                                                            To me, you take Merriweather and Greene no matter what if one or both want to come.

Don't be surprised if Elic Ayomanor changes everything.
                                                            Crus, did you mean to quote this post of mine and edited it instead? That last sentence sounds like Crusader and not Spags lol

Comment

Crus, did you mean to quote this post of mine and edited it instead? That last sentence sounds like Crusader and not Spags lol
                                                              Yep! Rookie move. I've done that 2-3 times already but caught it. This Mod Life ain't for poor of vision. They have tiny little edit and quote buttons right next to each other if you are doing it on PC v. the Mobile's selections which are in a drop down.

I will strive to be better.

Comment

Don't be surprised if Elic Ayomanor changes everything.

Yay!!! I did it! I did it!

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post

Yep! Rookie move. I've done that 2-3 times already but caught it. This Mod Life ain't for poor of vision. They have tiny little edit and quote buttons right next to each other if you are doing it on PC v. the Mobile's selections which are in a drop down.

I will strive to be better.
                                                                  I did that a time or two when we got on the new site.

Comment

This is the most interesting recruitment of the weekend for me. He's been tied with Junior for most likely to pop in my book for quite a while BUT Ayomanor and the resurfaced Receiver X make you ask... how many WR's would they take?

I really like Anderson, he'd have been a no doubt addition to every class Kelly brought in and the star of a few of them but Del ain't messin around this cycle and they aren't all coming.

So that makes my inner Debbie Downer ask... Do they not feel good about getting both Merriweather & Williams?

Rare that I'm conflicted about such things.

Anyways, ND's biggest down-low fanboy (well he tries to keep it in check for his business' sake) posted this yesterday as he always reposts his interviews of players when they commit to the Irish.

Comment

This is the most interesting recruitment of the weekend for me. He's been tied with Junior for most likely to pop in my book for quite a while BUT Ayomanor and the resurfaced Receiver X make you ask... how many WR's would they take?

I really like Anderson, he'd have been a no doubt addition to every class Kelly brought in and the star of a few of them but Del ain't messin around this cycle and they aren't all coming.

So that makes my inner Debbie Downer ask... Do they not feel good about getting both Merriweather & Williams?

Rare that I'm conflicted about such things.

Anyways, ND's biggest down-low fanboy (well he tries to keep it in check for his business' sake) posted this yesterday as he always reposts his interviews of players when they commit to the Irish.

Do you think it’s possible he doesn’t have a commitable offer?

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamWallace View Post

Do you think it’s possible he doesn’t have a commitable offer?
                                                                        Possible? Yes. Likely? no idea.

Too many variables. What did the Ayomanor offer mean about him? What does Bradshaw's scheduled OV do to the board?

That's why it's the most interesting. We'll know real soon.

Comment

Comment

I’d think if he was on commit watch the sites would have tried to hit him first on weeekend visitors. Radio silence across the board?

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Like others, wants to finish his visits then decide. Has an OV to Oregon for this weekend. Looks for an early July decision.

https://notredame.rivals.com/news/wr...official-visit

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Sinclair with the ND CB. Usually that's a sign that things are coming to a close.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  I hope Ayomanor's a take regardless of who commits.

I like Anderson a lot. I'd have taken him in every class of the BK era but he's #5 of the realistics for me. And that's assuming Bradshaw isn't one.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    A WR class of Merriweather, Anderson, & Ayomanor??

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by irishandy View Post
                                                                                      Two current visitors, I’d hope are there instead/as well. Walker who might be my #1 interest or the weekend because still think staff needs to sure things up and Williams who is on commit watch.

A chance every 2022 visitor besides Zach Rice this weekend is part of this class (Craig + Williams)

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        I hope Ayomanor's a take regardless of who commits.

I like Anderson a lot. I'd have taken him in every class of the BK era but he's #5 of the realistics for me. And that's assuming Bradshaw isn't one.
                                                                                        I'm here with you. I'm not great at talent evaluation but I really like Ayomanor's upside and I really want Williams and Merriweather in this class.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          ESPN: ......... 4* ..... #19 WR ....... #160 OA ...... 83

I always said ESPN is my favorite recruiting service.. .

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            What the question is, and idk if there is an answer to it, would be is, Anderson has said he’s early July after visits, Williams has said when feels right but expected really anytime between after this visit and the HS season starting and Ayomanor is anytime likely after last visit is done. So theoretically if Williams commits Sunday and Ayamanor calls the staff Monday is Anderson too late? Vice versa for Ayamanor? Do they take both before Williams even decides? We’ll have to see.
                                                                                            Last edited by Dale; 06-25-2021, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by irishandy View Post
                                                                                              ND trying to get a WR class full of 6'4" small forwards?
                                                                                              The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                I think walker goes to DB

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Dale View Post
                                                                                                  What the question is, and idk if there is an answer to it, would be is, Anderson has said he’s early July after visits, Williams has said when feels right but expected really anytime between after this visit and the HS season starting and Ayomanor is anytime likely after last visit is done. So theoretically if Williams commits Sunday and Ayamanor calls the staff Monday is Anderson too late? Vice versa for Ayamanor? Do they take both before Williams even decides? We’ll have to see.
                                                                                                  Hard to tell. The only thing for sure, is they never commit fast enough for us.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by NDIrish88 View Post
                                                                                                    I think walker goes to DB
                                                                                                    I think walker goes to LSU
                                                                                                    Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X