Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'22 LA WR Amorion Walker (Notre Dame Verbal)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Irish du Nord View Post

Current board being: Walker, Antonio Williams, and Everhart. Any others?
    For the most part.

I think you could make the argument someone like Griffin Jr. is still on the board. Though we have no idea what the contact has been like with him or some of the previous targets.

Comment

• Comment

• They almost look like purple and yellow to me but could be the lighting. Either way, we’ll see how it plays out soon enough.

Comment

• this kid reminds of the girl who didn't get hot until we started dating her and now she's flaunting around to everyone cuz she's flavor of the week. let him have his attention, i'll come back and visit closer to signing day.
          Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• Maybe his mom washed his ND gloves and they don't fit anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
              Maybe his mom washed his ND gloves and they don't fit anymore.
              If the glove doesn't fit, you must decommit.

Comment

• I mean, at a certain point, your interest in another school just becomes kinda disrespectful.

In my mind, you can visit another campus and all that but you should let the coaches that have recruited you know what's up first, that's fine. But to wear gear promoting a program you are not committed to while being "committed" to another program...

To me that's like if Franklin came out after the next Penn State game and said "Fight On!" but then insisted he was still the Penn State head coach.

And I really like Amorion and want him to come here, but c'mon dude, you aren't committed.
                "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• I’d have to imagine that move like this (if actual UofM gloves) is ‘pulled-scholarship’ worthy.
                  "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

• Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                    I mean, at a certain point, your interest in another school just becomes kinda disrespectful.

In my mind, you can visit another campus and all that but you should let the coaches that have recruited you know what's up first, that's fine. But to wear gear promoting a program you are not committed to while being "committed" to another program...

To me that's like if Franklin came out after the next Penn State game and said "Fight On!" but then insisted he was still the Penn State head coach.

And I really like Amorion and want him to come here, but c'mon dude, you aren't committed.
                    We're just friends. I went over to her house after school to study for our test, it's totally innocent.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                      I mean, at a certain point, your interest in another school just becomes kinda disrespectful.

I agree.

Originally posted by Henges24 View Post
                      I’d have to imagine that move like this (if actual UofM gloves) is ‘pulled-scholarship’ worthy.
                      I agree.

Comment

• Visiting Bama this weekend.

Rivals.com - Notre Dame commit Amorion Walker to visit Alabama

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                          Yeah so this kid isn't a commit.

Comment

• I still think he is NDs if we want him.
                            Get Freeman recruiting him.

Comment

• I think he has been checked out. And for the slim chance he hasn’t after this weekend he was.
                              Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• I think Del needs to make a call to Mr. Walker this week to see how committed to ND he really is.

Comment

• Originally posted by irishandy View Post
                                  I think Del needs to make a call to Mr. Walker this week to see how committed to ND he really is.
                                  I’m going to go out on a limb and say wearing gloves of your committed school’s bitter rival probably means you’re not very committed.
                                  I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

I think Del needs to make a call to Mr. Walker this week to see how committed to ND he really is.
                                    I'd prefer he get Austin in front of a JUGS machine...

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
                                      I'd prefer he get Austin in front of a JUGS machine...
                                      For all practical purposes, Austin is in his first year.

Practicing hard is one thing, game speed in front of a crowd is another.

Austin will ,most probably return next year and he will be much better.

AS for Walker, this may be an inversion of the Jack Nickel syndrome.

Comment

So you think the staff hasn't been having these conversations with Walker for quite some time? I believe ND knows exactly where they stand with him.

Comment

• Talk about really bad timing.

I felt pretty good about staving off Michigan, but now they're unbeaten and we're coming off a loss where the receivers looked really sloppy.
                                          It's Just a Ride.

Comment

• Singer said Amorion told him he’d be tweeting/posting soon a decision or plan for a decision? Idk worded weird not sure if I’m reading it odd or just was that way.

Certainly sounds a decommitment but Amorion has been kind of odd recruitment in general so I guess could be shut down his recruitment and good?

Im expecting a reopen his recruitment and still considering ND

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post

Singer said Amorion told him he’d be tweeting/posting soon a decision or plan for a decision? Idk worded weird not sure if I’m reading it odd or just was that way.

Certainly sounds a decommitment but Amorion has been kind of odd recruitment in general so I guess could be shut down his recruitment and good?

Im expecting a reopen his recruitment and still considering ND
                                              Whenever a recruit decommits but says he’s still considering his original school, he rarely picks them.

Comment

• Good luck to the young man.
                                                "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• Walker is set to take an unofficial visit this weekend.

Comment

• Sounds like Del came through for us on this one. HUGE development and probably saved us from enduring a flip. Not over yet, but big nonetheless.
                                                    It's Just a Ride.

Comment

• How is he going this season?

Comment

• In his most recent game, I read he had 3 receptions for over 100 yards…….all 3 were touchdowns……pretty efficient!

Comment

• Originally posted by RockinIrish View Post
                                                          In his most recent game, I read he had 3 receptions for over 100 yards…….all 3 were touchdowns……pretty efficient!
                                                          Cool. Thanks.

Comment

• This is a huge development. I think he is the highest upside receiver in the group. All the receivers complement each other in the class.
                                                            God Country Notre Dame
                                                            http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...andeverett.jpg

Comment

• In for the USC party. Very good news indeed. But, unless he shuts it down. I hope they keep pushing for other WR’s as well. I have a feeling this isn’t the last twist or turn in this recruitment.

Comment

In for the USC party. Very good news indeed. But, unless he shuts it down. I hope they keep pushing for other WR’s as well. I have a feeling this isn’t the last twist or turn in this recruitment.
                                                                I agree. I add one more receiver at the minimum and hope he sticks and be happy when/if he does.

Comment

• Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post

I agree. I add one more receiver at the minimum and hope he sticks and be happy when/if he does.
                                                                  Even if he was completely solid, we could use a 4th guy this class. We have zero receivers from ‘19 and ‘20 currently at the position. We should all have really high hopes for the current freshmen and the guys in this class, but injuries etc. happen and playmaker depth will be really important if we are to make a championship run over the next two years

Comment

In for the USC party. Very good news indeed. But, unless he shuts it down. I hope they keep pushing for other WR’s as well. I have a feeling this isn’t the last twist or turn in this recruitment.
                                                                    Totally agree. With the way his recruitment has gone, I am fearful of a Greenberry type signing day flip.

Comment

• He's the type of Athlete you take 100% and let him play his preferred position until he shows you that he can't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish du Nord View Post

Even if he was completely solid, we could use a 4th guy this class. We have zero receivers from ‘19 and ‘20 currently at the position. We should all have really high hopes for the current freshmen and the guys in this class, but injuries etc. happen and playmaker depth will be really important if we are to make a championship run over the next two years
                                                                        I don't remember where I read it last week, but the staff has already told Walker they planned on finding a 4th WR for the class. He was ok with it as of their talk and appreciated them being upfront with it.

Comment

• Originally posted by dad4aa View Post

Totally agree. With the way his recruitment has gone, I am fearful of a Greenberry type signing day flip.
                                                                          I don't see that happening.

Greenberry was a rare situation, because he was a package deal with Tee Shepard and Shepard was basically on his way out from day 1 when he early enrolled and Greenberry followed suit and jumped to Houston.

That 2012 class looked to have one of the best corner tandems in Shepard and Darby and it all fell apart in the home stretch.
                                                                          It's Just a Ride.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crazy Balki View Post

I don't see that happening.

Greenberry was a rare situation, because he was a package deal with Tee Shepard and Shepard was basically on his way out from day 1 when he early enrolled and Greenberry followed suit and jumped to Houston.

That 2012 class looked to have one of the best corner tandems in Shepard and Darby and it all fell apart in the home stretch.
                                                                            Eh, not really how that went down. Greenberry was talking with other schools and flirting with the idea of taking OV's to Miami and UCLA. Then, he finally did take one to Houston and that was before it all went down with Tee. He had a previous relationship with Houston's WR coach. Which is what sealed the deal.

Go back and read his thread. Most thought he was still a lock to sign and the Houston stuff came out of nowhere.

Comment

• Shock the world or something like that #BangBang
                                                                              "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• He's "solid" but he keeps visiting the school that's heavily recruiting him.

Comment

• is he not coming to ND this weekend now?
                                                                                  Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                                                    is he not coming to ND this weekend now?
                                                                                    No, he's visiting.
                                                                                    It's Just a Ride.

Comment

• He's there. Wouldn't have bet on that last month.

Comment

• Originally posted by BobbyMac View Post
                                                                                        He's there. Wouldn't have bet on that last month.

Comment

• Comment

• Let’s hope this solidifies his commitment.
                                                                                            Check out my blog building4thefuture.blogspot.com. Its all sports. Irish, NFL DRAFT PROSPECT PREVIEWS, Mets, Mavericks, and Islanders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Doesn't sound like someone that is committed 100%

https://247sports.com/college/michig...ine-173981202/

Comment

• ISD staff mentioned ND needs to keep recruiting CJ Williams too, indicating he's not fully on board. Would be nuts to lose Walker and CJ.

I've counted Walker out of this class for ~4 months and that hasn't changed.

Comment

• Can you imagine talking to Harbaugh every day?

My heart goes out... thoughts and prayers.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishRazor82 View Post
                                                                                                    ISD staff mentioned ND needs to keep recruiting CJ Williams too, indicating he's not fully on board. Would be nuts to lose Walker and CJ.

I've counted Walker out of this class for ~4 months and that hasn't changed.
                                                                                                    WTH is happening?

Comment

• Originally posted by Southside Sully View Post
                                                                                                      Doesn't sound like someone that is committed 100%

https://247sports.com/college/michig...ine-173981202/
                                                                                                      Totally agree. Saying he will sit down with his family and decide means there is currently no decision. IMO it is a very slim chance he ends up at ND.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X