Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'22 LA WR Amorion Walker (Notre Dame Verbal)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DCDomer View Post
    He needs to be nicknamed "Slim Reaper" if he sticks with ND and balls out when he arrives.
    Haha. Yep, he is a lanky dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
      Did Terry Jillery ever visit LSU twice in the same
      week? Asking for someone who isn’t confident about our standing with Walker…

Comment

• Anyone here could write for Fansided by Monday if they wanted to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post
          Anyone here could write for Fansided by Monday if they wanted to.
          No argument there at all. But that guy writes for a sports pub out of Nashville and does free lance stuff for the SEC. Just a piece I ran across.

We'll see what happens, I'm looking forward to ND finally landing their first 4.4 WR that was committed to them but who visited his local blue blood twice in the week before his OV... after wiping his commitment info from his twitter header and leaving home town team's offer tweet on the top of his feed in the same week.

'Where there's smoke' usually wins the day but the new and improved ND recruiting machine makes ya feel more thisthan this

Comment

• Premium from ISD. Multiple mentions of feeling the love, family, and home.

https://irishsportsdaily.com/s/15335...after-official

“I feel like it's home.”

Comment

• Until he puts "@ NDFootball Commit" in his Twitter bio like he does his 7v7 team, the @ LABootleggers, I'll say this story closes with an alternative ending.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                Until he puts "@ NDFootball Commit" in his Twitter bio like he does his 7v7 team, the @ LABootleggers, I'll say this story closes with an alternative ending.
                “WR | ND Football” on IG doesn’t wet your beak?

Comment

• Singer said he’s hearing visits are over and he’s locked in post this weekend

IMO I can understand anyone that still is skeptical but we’ll see

Comment

• I am curious to see if he gets a bump or not if he sticks.
                    "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                      I am curious to see if he gets a bump or not if he sticks.
                      He’s getting weighed down by Rivals but should get an increase everywhere. Rivals evals are an embarrassment, idk how they try to compete w/ 247 unless they fix it. Scale that no one understands, almost never update.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                        I am curious to see if he gets a bump or not if he sticks.
                        He went from an 86 rated WR to an 87 rated ATH on 247 last week

Comment

• A 4.41 40 and a 40 inch vert at 6’3+ should get you top billing on any ATH tag a site has. That’s elite stuff.

Comment

• Yeah he has elite numbers. Ratings are off on this one.

Comment

• the other thing is, like he said the Singer, he played 2020 injured.

Comment

• Im looking forward to seeing this kid elevate on the team being assembled.
                                "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• Got a bump to 4 stars, #241 overall on ESPN. Knew I always like them.

Comment

• Live look at IE seeing this thread get bumped

Comment

• Originally posted by DCDomer View Post
                                      Live look at IE seeing this thread get bumped

haha yep! Was definitely my reaction. I really want this kid to stay in the class.
                                      Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

• Originally posted by BabyIrish View Post

haha yep! Was definitely my reaction. I really want this kid to stay in the class.
                                        i feel like i wont accept this kid is gonna be at ND until signing day. Bad feeling ND gets Deontay Greenberry'ed by him somehow
                                        What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post

i feel like i wont accept this kid is gonna be at ND until signing day. Bad feeling ND gets Deontay Greenberry'ed by him somehow
                                          If I'm not mistaken, we identified and offered him pretty early, didn't we? I feel like kids appreciate the P5 teams that recognize their talents early and tend to stick with them. Wasn't Kyle Hamilton a middling 3 star recruit when we got him, then he tore it up at camps and eventually became the 5 star the staff knew he was?

Hoping our proactive approach is the difference maker here and he sticks around. His athleticism and size sure is exciting.
                                          My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Some Irish Bloke View Post

If I'm not mistaken, we identified and offered him pretty early, didn't we? I feel like kids appreciate the P5 teams that recognize their talents early and tend to stick with them. Wasn't Kyle Hamilton a middling 3 star recruit when we got him, then he tore it up at camps and eventually became the 5 star the staff knew he was?

Hoping our proactive approach is the difference maker here and he sticks around. His athleticism and size sure is exciting.
                                            Hamilton had already blown up with offers and visits prior to his commitment. He visited ND and then OSU on back to back days. Then took in UGA and UM visits, prior to committing. In fact, I think there were a couple of UGA visits mixed in there. Though his network rating increases largely came after the fact.

Walker is a little different as he got the offers and took the visits after his commitment. We'll see if the result is the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

Hamilton had already blown up with offers and visits prior to his commitment. He visited ND and then OSU on back to back days. Then took in UGA and UM visits, prior to committing. In fact, I think there were a couple of UGA visits mixed in there. Though his network rating increases largely came after the fact.

Walker is a little different as he got the offers and took the visits after his commitment. We'll see if the result is the same.
                                              Ah, thanks for the refresher, Lucci.
                                              My two favorite football teams: Notre Dame, and whoever's playing Michigan.

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post

well, your skepticism is honest and with historical reference.

So was Didymus' (Thomas)

4 Now Thomas (also known as Didymus[a]), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came. 25 So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord!”

But he said to them, “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”

26 A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!” 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”

28 Thomas said to him, “My Lord and my God!”

29 Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

Comment

• Originally posted by BrownerandFry View Post

well, your skepticism is honest and with historical reference.

So was Didymus' (Thomas)
                                                  Amorion, Walker on Water?

Comment

• Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post

Amorion, Walker on Water?
                                                    So what are you implying here

walker's Bourbon (do they still make it? I served a zillion Walkers and Cokes in a country bar in the 70's)

or the Dude with the Cane who come in Blue Black and Red..................

Comment

• Originally posted by BrownerandFry View Post

So what are you implying here

walker's Bourbon (do they still make it? I served a zillion Walkers and Cokes in a country bar in the 70's)

or the Dude with the Cane who come in Blue Black and Red..................
                                                      Distillery closed about 40 years ago. Still some bottles floating around. They go for about $250.

Comment

• Yep. It's THAT kinda bump.

Guess who's back in the news?

Just read a Fansided piece that lifted some 247 info on MI's BBQ this weekend and it says Walker is on the visitors list. And yep... he's on 247's list in the link.

https://gbmwolverine.com/2021/07/29/...ecruiting-bbq/

https://gbmwolverine.com/2021/07/20/...y-flip-2022/4/

https://247sports.com/college/michig...406765/?page=1

Comment

• Not sure if cate if he went to an elite school for a visit but Michigan? Why?

Comment

• Originally posted by BobbyMac View Post
                                                            Yep. It's THAT kinda bump.

Just read a Fansided piece that lifted some 247 info on MI's BBQ this weekend and it says Walker is on the visitors list. And yep... he's on 247's list in the link.

EJ Holland wrote an article saying Walker “may show up,” and that’s the source for everyone.
                                                            Singer says he talked to Walker on Friday & Walker told him he would not be visiting anywhere this week during the open period.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                                              Not sure if cate if he went to an elite school for a visit but Michigan? Why?
                                                              I'd go to every BBQ I was invited to if the travel and accomodation was paid for.
                                                              Get him up there recruiting Tate and Moore.
                                                              Last edited by T-Boone; 07-29-2021, 06:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by T-Boone View Post

I'd go to every BBQ I was invited to if the travel and accomodation was paid for.
                                                                It’s not paid for, it’s an unofficial visit.
                                                                If you look at the kids confirmed for the Michigan BBQ compared to the ND BBQ, it’s hilarious. Michigan has a lot of 3 Stars and only about 9-10 total kids. ND had 9-10 top 250 kids alone…

Comment

• Originally posted by Reaper97 View Post

It’s not paid for, it’s an official visit.
                                                                  ;
                                                                  I thought that meant it was paid for?

Comment

The travel & lodging aren’t though, which is way more expensive.
                                                                    That’s what was so impressive about ND’s, a handful of kids flew in & stayed the night on their own dime.
                                                                    I could be mistaken, but I want to say four of the five 2023 kids coming are all from Michigan & the 5th is 90 minutes away in Ohio. Nobody is spending their own dime to fly in from the 2023 class.

Comment

• The school can pay for transportation, lodging and meals for the recruit and parents.
                                                                      Last edited by Irish#1; 07-30-2021, 06:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                                                                        What else is there to pay for if travel and lodging aren’t paid for on an official?
                                                                        Lodging & travel are paid for on an official. These are unofficials this week at the BBQs.

Comment

That was supposed to say unofficial, not official. I changed it when I saw it.

Comment

That was supposed to say unofficial, not official. I changed it when I saw it.
                                                                            Thanks , I figured wrongly that they were official visits.

Comment

Lodging & travel are paid for on an official. These are unofficials this week at the BBQs.
                                                                              I was aware of that. Your post said official which is why I questioned it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BobbyMac View Post
                                                                                Yep. It's THAT kinda bump.

He is not on an official visitors list like the ND pay sites keep. It was made by a poster and the Michigan reporter only said “looks about right” but it’s fluid.

Doesn’t mean he won’t be there but if comparing it to NDs I’d put it as the type of Maybe tag we put on Aamil Wagner at best as an example.

Comment

• If he chooses LSU or Bama over us, I’ll be mad but at least have some understanding of why.

If he chooses Michigan over us then I will have lost all respect for him. I can’t imagine what makes Michigan so attractive right now.
                                                                                  Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

• Originally posted by BabyIrish View Post
                                                                                    If he chooses LSU or Bama over us, I’ll be mad but at least have some understanding of why.

If he chooses Michigan over us then I will have lost all respect for him. I can’t imagine what makes Michigan so attractive right now.
                                                                                    Where else can you go to learn how to buy thrifty khakis in this economy?

Comment

• Per Loy, visiting Michigan this weekend.

I’ve seen this movie before. Even when he’s visiting schools with “his team”, he’s been too flirtatious with other schools. Time to move on

Comment

• Think this one is due for a different response from coaching staff. The early June felt like yeah go see what’s out there, camps, somewhat close and then come up to ND and that’s it. Traveling all the way up to Michigan post ND OV is different level of wavering

Comment

• I’m thinking he is seeing Merriweather and Williams and might be looking for PT. He can walk into Michigan’s team with less competition right now IMO.

Comment

• So, one of the WR visitors from the BBQ commits to UF immediately after and our lone, public, WR commit in either class is visiting Michigan. It all just looks so much worse than it is. But it will continue to look that way until there is another narrative for the media to run with.

I get the appeal to stay south. I get the appeal to want to visit other big time programs to build his brand. I don’t like it, but I get it. But…fricking Michigan. This would be a rather big failure to lose him to Michigan.

Comment

• And MI's recruiting him at DB. If it's safety as it appears, he's years away of even Balis getting him Jimmie Walker body on the field.

He's just there for the Jordan swag bag.

Comment

• I definitely don’t think we should give up on him at all. Full court press should continue. If he’s visiting other schools then we should look at him as a recruit not a commit. But don’t stop recruiting him.

To LL’s point ability we recruiting, I think it shows the difference between the offensive staff and the defensive. The defensive staff gets to start dedicating its full effort to the 23 class as we’ve pretty much got our 22 class taken care (minus a recruit or two obviously). The offensive staff isn’t there yet and is going to be behind in the 23 class. Definitely worried about it.
                                                                                                Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

• Speaking of Andre Greene Jr., did any of the sites clarify Walker's involvement with scUM?

Are they a legit threat, or is he still just taking visits with other guys for enjoyment?

If he's taking visits to have fun, I'd bet the staff is doing what they can to squash future visits without making him feel like they're controlling his recruitment too much.

If scUM is a legit threat... then this is basically an open recruitment lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                                                                                                    Speaking of Andre Greene Jr., did any of the sites clarify Walker's involvement with scUM?

Are they a legit threat, or is he still just taking visits with other guys for enjoyment?

If he's taking visits to have fun, I'd bet the staff is doing what they can to squash future visits without making him feel like they're controlling his recruitment too much.

If scUM is a legit threat... then this is basically an open recruitment lol.
                                                                                                    I think the CW that's being pushed is MI offered at Safety and he wants to play WR.

Comment

• https://247sports.com/college/michig...9-7-169847152/

Visiting Michigan on 9/11 to see them get boatraced by Washington.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X