Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'22 LA WR Amorion Walker (Notre Dame Verbal)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '22 LA WR Amorion Walker (Notre Dame Verbal)

EARLY ENROLLEE

WR
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Ponchatoula HS

Ht: 6-3
    Wt: 178

RATINGS:
    247 Comp:.... 3*.... #115 WR..... #859 Natl.... 0.8466
    247: .............. 3*.... #92 WR...... NR............... 86
    Rivals: .......... 3*.... NR.............. NR............... 5.5
    ESPN: NR

Offers:
    NOTRE DAME

Arkansas
    Florida State
    Georgia Tech
    Indiana
    Kansas
    Kansas State
    Louisiana
    Louisiana Tech
    Memphis
    Ole Miss
    Mississippi State
    Old Dominion
    SMU
    Southern Miss
    Southern
    Tulane
    Virginia Tech
    Washington State
    West Virginia

Twitter: https://twitter.com/AmorionWalker

Hudl: https://www.hudl.com/profile/11761059/Amorion-Walker

Last edited by BobbyMac; 06-23-2021, 07:01 PM.

Committed, via Twitter

Commit 2.PNG
    Last edited by IrishLion; 03-10-2021, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Just read the article by Sinclair!!! Always excited to get kids out if SEC territory, especially Louisiana!

Comment

Was supposed to talk to Rees and then BK 2 days later in the last week or so I I’d guess BK put the ball in his court then and sounds like he called staff yesterday

Comment

Neat

Comment

Cool, welcome.

Comment

Waiting on Crusader to tell us whether or not his 200m times are elite, especially since he's listed at 6-3.

Comment

Got injured early in his junior season. Probably a contributing factor in his low ranking.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                  Waiting on Crusader to tell us whether or not his 200m times are elite, especially since he's listed at 6-3.
                  What were the times? I only saw freshman times on his Athletic.net profile and they were not indicative of his athletic ability.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish du Nord View Post

What were the times? I only saw freshman times on his Athletic.net profile and they were not indicative of his athletic ability.
                    No idea, I just figured Crus has them on a spreadsheet somewhere lol

Comment

Thumbs up.

Comment

Walker I think represents just different for the WR room. We have tended to have bigger WRs or smaller height wise but not build wise. WRs that are (I am sure someone can name someone) the thin rangy type have been uncommon. I like that they identified a hole and possible difference maker

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                          what are those times??
                          Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Plays defense too and doesn't seem to mind mixing it up.
                            It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

That puts us at 9 commits from 9 different states. Crazy
                              60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Wow this came out of no where for me at least.

Welcome to Notre Dame Amorion!

Comment

So, this is a guy that I like quite a bit but he'll need some time. His individual workout footage shows a long, bouncy, and quick athlete. But, one that will need some physical development. Could be a real gem in time. Plus I love going into LA to get football players.

Comment

Cool beans

Comment

That's pretty impressive stuff to me. Good bounce and loose hips. Like stated above he has a skillset that could translate well to DB.

Sam Spiegelman on Twitter: "Ponchatoula speedster Amorion Walker at @AB_Xplodee https://t.co/cMSLzt20qz" / Twitter

Comment

Can I make a Justin Jefferson comparison? I hope...

Comment

Ponchatoula is the hometown of another Domer, Irwin Davis. Thanks wikipedia

Comment

Here's the write ups I found:

Didn't realize Walker's HS coach also coached Terry Joseph. Hope that works out with Wagner-Freeman/Mickens too.

https://notredame.rivals.com/news/lo...-dame-football

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...to%203.9%20GPA.

https://irishsportsdaily.com/s/14443...er-fast-fast/1

https://www.si.com/college/notredame...amorion-walker

Last edited by BobbyMac; 03-10-2021, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Welcome to ND!! Anyone know how long ND had been recruiting him?

Comment

Originally posted by irishandy View Post
                                                He’s been a target for a while actually. Offered back in Nov and has had pretty normal mentions since Jan. Lost in the shuffle here at IE but I think they’ve always liked him

Terry Joseph actually deserves a minor assist here for starting us off with Walker

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post

He’s been a target for a while actually. Offered back in Nov and has had pretty normal mentions since Jan. Lost in the shuffle here at IE but I think they’ve always liked him

Terry Joseph actually deserves a minor assist here for starting us off with Walker
                                                  In this coaching staff I trust. Nice to see ND get into Louisiana. I hope ND can land Morris.

Comment

Originally posted by irishandy View Post
                                                    He got offered in early November. He was on the radar through Twitter last summer.

Comment

noice
                                                      "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                                        Here's the write ups I found:

Didn't realize Walker's HS coach also coached Terry Joseph. Hope that works out with Wagner-Freeman/Mickens too.

https://notredame.rivals.com/news/lo...-dame-football

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...to%203.9%20GPA.

https://irishsportsdaily.com/s/14443...er-fast-fast/1

https://www.si.com/college/notredame...amorion-walker
                                                        I'm getting a Kevin Stepherson vibe from a talent standpoint after reading those articles. Tall with good speed.
                                                        Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Walker I think represents just different for the WR room. We have tended to have bigger WRs or smaller height wise but not build wise. WRs that are (I am sure someone can name someone) the thin rangy type have been uncommon. I like that they identified a hole and possible difference maker
                                                          kevin austin is listed as 6'3
                                                          EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

I love this. Completely out of nowhere and not anywhere under the noses of any of the "experts." Marvelous.
                                                            It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

If he is twitchy enough to get recruited at cornerback, but has the skills of a wide receiver, what is not to like about this pick up? You need kids like him in your WR room. I like the pick up. I will love to see his senior film even more and see how much more advances in his game he's made.
                                                              "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                                what is not to like about this pick up?.
                                                                Not from the Rust Belt?

Comment

If he is twitchy enough to get recruited at cornerback, but has the skills of a wide receiver, what is not to like about this pick up? You need kids like him in your WR room. I like the pick up. I will love to see his senior film even more and see how much more advances in his game he's made.
                                                                  I think folks would feel a lot better about this pick up if Walker was the third or fourth WR taken with the possibility that he could switch to Defense. These are the type of calculated risks you want the team to take, but I think there’s a legit concern that we’re heading for a class with multiple projects at WR.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
                                                                    I love this. Completely out of nowhere and not anywhere under the noses of any of the "experts." Marvelous.
                                                                    Loy had a “almost CB” article a few weeks back and 247 has had pretty heavy coverage

Comment

who else is on this kids 7on team. i tried a couple quick google searches and cant find a roster.
                                                                      Prehistoric

Comment

Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                                        who else is on this kids 7on team. i tried a couple quick google searches and cant find a roster.
                                                                        Jyaire Brown and Khamauri Rogers among offered

Comment

Excellent!

P.S. I knew it a month ago.
                                                                          Last edited by Irish#1; 03-10-2021, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                                            You can watch it here:

https://twitter.com/LABootleggers/st...79798845394955

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by longliveautrydenson View Post

I think folks would feel a lot better about this pick up if Walker was the third or fourth WR taken with the possibility that he could switch to Defense. These are the type of calculated risks you want the team to take, but I think there’s a legit concern that we’re heading for a class with multiple projects at WR.
                                                                              I think it just depends on how one defines projects. Projects because their rankings/ratings are lower than their peers? Or because of their tangible traits and skillsets? For example, I don't know what is a project about Bradshaw. He's got great speed and is bigger than say, Tyler Morris. If Tyler wasn't out of IL and tied to Boom, I'd take Bradshaw over him everyday.

Mike Frank had a good breakdown of the WR board. In general, I think this is just a deep WR class and some of it hasn't been fettered out yet due to Covid. Throw ratings/rankings aside and a lot of these guys are very similar.

With all that said, I do believe Walker is because he just has that much physical development in front of him. But so does Tobias Meriweather. And, Tyler Morris is 175 so he likely does as well.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Possible higher ceiling Chris Brown seems to be the comp going around

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

I think it just depends on how one defines projects. Projects because their rankings/ratings are lower than their peers? Or because of their tangible traits and skillsets? For example, I don't know what is a project about Bradshaw. He's got great speed and is bigger than say, Tyler Morris. If Tyler wasn't out of IL and tied to Boom, I'd take Bradshaw over him everyday.

Mike Frank had a good breakdown of the WR board. In general, I think this is just a deep WR class and some of it hasn't been fettered out yet due to Covid. Throw ratings/rankings aside and a lot of these guys are very similar.

With all that said, I do believe Walker is because he just has that much physical development in front of him. But so does Tobias Meriweather. And, Tyler Morris is 175 so he likely does as well.

I could take four 3 stars right now and feel like I got a better class than last year.

Walker, Bradshaw, Jarel Williams, DJ Allen, Addison Copeland, Jay Fair, Nic Anderson plus guys not offered Omar Cooper, Javien Plummer, Dominique McKenzie, Rashad Rochelle among others.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Possible higher ceiling Chris Brown seems to be the comp going around
                                                                                    He looks a lot longer than Brown and as far as ceiling... Brown's was unlimited. He was a track god. He just didn't play as fast as he was.

Someone brought up Tyler Vaughns and that seemed to be a good one from what I can see in Walker's clips. Vaughns was shockingly skinny when I saw him his Jr year.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Cool. Congrats to the young man.
                                                                                      Hammy injury at age 15 is a worry.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Never disappoints.

Film Don't Lie | Amorion Walker | Irish Sports Daily

The 3rd clip down is what stands out to me. It shows more of what I highlighted above, in that he's very fluid for how long he is. Loose hips. You just don't see a lot of guys this tall/long that can do this.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post

He looks a lot longer than Brown and as far as ceiling... Brown's was unlimited. He was a track god. He just didn't play as fast as he was.

Someone brought up Tyler Vaughns and that seemed to be a good one from what I can see in Walker's clips. Vaughns was shockingly skinny when I saw him his Jr year.
                                                                                          I think Brown's downfall was he had to add too much bulk from his high school days. As a recruit he was listed as 170 which looks like rounding up to me.

He stopped doing track at ND and his pro day 40 was a very fast (but not elite football speed) 4.44.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Deion Walker's second coming/chance. haha
                                                                                            "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Deion Walker's second coming/chance. haha
                                                                                              This is exactly what I was thinking lol
                                                                                              "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                nice
                                                                                                The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                                                Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  There are people over on II that are questioning this commitment. I'm guessing those people haven't watched his tape. He seems incredibly fast for being 6'4". His game reminds me a little bit of Martavis Bryant. I love the pickup and welcome aboard!

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    anyone have a 40y or 100m on him?
                                                                                                    The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                                                    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X