Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

‘22 MS CB Khamauri Rogers (Miami Verbal)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ‘22 MS CB Khamauri Rogers (Miami Verbal)

    Cornerback
    Lexington, Mississippi
    Holmes County High School
    Louisiana Bootleggers 7-7

    Measurements
    Height: 6’1
    Weight: 168
    40:

    Rankings
    247: 92 Rating | #13 CB - #3 MS - #117 Overall
    Rivals: 6.0 Rating | #6 CB - #2 MS - #47 Overall
    ESPN: 85 Rating | #6 CB - #1 MS - #56 Overall
    247 Composite: 97 Rating | #7 CB - #1 MS - #65 Overall

    Offers
    Arizona State
    Arkansas
    Arkansas State
    Auburn
    Charlotte
    Cincinnati
    Colorado
    Florida
    Florida State
    Georgia
    Georgia Tech
    Illinois
    Indiana
    Jackson State
    Kansas
    Kentucky
    Louisiana
    Louisiana - Monroe
    LSU
    Louisiana Tech
    Marshall
    Massachusetts
    Memphis
    Miami
    Michigan State
    Missouri
    Ole Miss
    Mississippi State
    Nebraska
    Notre Dame
    Oklahoma
    Oregon
    Penn State
    Purdue
    South Alabama
    Southern Miss
    Tennessee
    Texas A&M
    Texas Tech
    Tulane
    UCF
    Vanderbilt
    Virginia

    Highlights

    Link: http://www.hudl.com/v/2Ecf06

    Last Ranking/Offer Update: 3/09/2021
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 06-20-2021, 05:23 PM.

  • #2
    Official Top 10 is Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Georgia, LSU, Texas A&M, Miami, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, UCF & Tennessee.

    Teammates with Jyaire Brown for 7-7. Saw the eyeball emojis being tossed between the two of them the day at least 1 of them was supposed to be talking to the staff on Zoom last week.

    OU 247 update: https://247sports.com/Article/Oklaho...n-7-161988957/

    OU 247 insider said he thinks based off talking to him at an event this past week that Notre Dame and Miami seem to be catching his attention and Freeman is on him hard. Again this is actually from OU guy not our site

    Comment


    • #3
      The other day I mentioned that Xavier Nwankpa's recruitment is a litmus test for just how good of a recruiter Freeman is. Well, here is another one. This is a recruitment we would never win but he's got us right smack dab in the middle of it. Would be a huge get.

      Comment


      • #4
        We are firmly in the mix for several very solid DBs. The guys we may have to turn down at every level of defense this class would be obvious takes almost any other year. Gotta close.

        Comment


        • #5
          Sign him, Jyaire, and Nikai. Would be an insane pull for us.
          "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Dale View Post
            Official Top 10 is Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Georgia, LSU, Texas A&M, Miami, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, UCF & Tennessee.

            Teammates with Jyaire Brown for 7-7. Saw the eyeball emojis being tossed between the two of them the day at least 1 of them was supposed to be talking to the staff on Zoom last week.

            OU 247 update: https://247sports.com/Article/Oklaho...n-7-161988957/

            OU 247 insider said he thinks based off talking to him at an event this past week that Notre Dame and Miami seem to be catching his attention and Freeman is on him hard. Again this is actually from OU guy not our site
            crazy they aren't even in the same state....i know boom does as well but just seems so crazy to me...like how the hell does someone let alone have the money to be sending their child all over but to also have the time...i mean i have 5 kids so i understand much more than a normal family but how the hell is this funded i would love to know
            EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post

              crazy they aren't even in the same state....i know boom does as well but just seems so crazy to me...like how the hell does someone let alone have the money to be sending their child all over but to also have the time...i mean i have 5 kids so i understand much more than a normal family but how the hell is this funded i would love to know
              Yeah they are just so talented in some cases it stopped being who are the 7 best kids in your city and became who are the 15 or so kids we want to play for us. Brown is from LA so there is his “in” to the team and I’m sure he just doesn’t make every event.

              Comment


              • #8


                Comment


                • #9
                  This is very encouraging!!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Wow, when’s the last time ND pulled a top player out of Mississippi? Would be great to see if it happens.
                    I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      This is why you want a top coach and a top recruiter. This is wild, I've never seen us in on so many high-level recruits.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post
                        This is why you want a top coach and a top salesman. This is wild, I've never seen us in on so many high-level recruits.
                        FIFY

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

                          FIFY
                          I don't understand what you fixed? Are you in sales? Does it stroke your ego to call the skillset "sales" instead of "recruiter"?

                          Whatever you want to call it, Freeman has it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by NDBoiler View Post
                            Wow, when’s the last time ND pulled a top player out of Mississippi? Would be great to see if it happens.
                            Besides Caleb Offord (not exactly top but...), Jarius Jackson from what I've been told.
                            "Fvck Michigan" - The World

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by NDBoiler View Post
                              Wow, when’s the last time ND pulled a top player out of Mississippi? Would be great to see if it happens.
                              we got Offerd two years ago but he was probably not in the category of "top player". Will Lyell in the 90's. He was highly rated but injured from his Freshman year on. Can't think of anyone else. Not a lot of catholic schools in Miss.

                              Comment


                              • #16


                                June 14-16 official

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  I like this. Ford, Sneed, and Rogers. Maybe they can add Brown and get these guys to South Bend.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                    I like this. Ford, Sneed, and Rogers. Maybe they can add Brown and get these guys to South Bend.
                                    Kaleb Brown?

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Jyaire Brown. Kaleb Brown is basically off the board.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                        I like this. Ford, Sneed, and Rogers. Maybe they can add Brown and get these guys to South Bend.
                                        My slight disappointment on Ford being during the 14 - 16th was put at ease with this second addition. A third would be amazing for a weekday. Apparently Under Armour has a camp 11-13th. I am trying to find expanded list now of the attendees there.

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          Get all of these recruits together and the committed kids can work on the non committed kids. Freeman is doing a heck of a job on the recruiting trail, can't wat to see what his defense looks like on the field.

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            Imagine how much better we all feel if we can pull in a top 100 CB to join our secondary? That's in addition to some high quality talent in the 21 class and some guys who've been in the program for a while. Lewis is penciled in for the next 2+ years.

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post


                                              June 14-16 official
                                              Loy reporting ND isn’t in the mix anymore and doesn’t expect visit to happen

                                              https://247sports.com/college/notre-...701449/?page=1

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                Originally posted by Dale View Post

                                                Loy reporting ND isn’t in the mix anymore and doesn’t expect visit to happen

                                                https://247sports.com/college/notre-...701449/?page=1
                                                Killing me smalls.
                                                "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  What's going on with CB recruiting?

                                                  They seemed to be in the mix for Brooks and Rogers. Now won't get a visit from either.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #26
                                                    Brutal. I still really like the DB options currently on the board but I think we all fell for the Freeman hype a little too much. There have been a couple of times where I wanted to say that we should temper our enthusiasm until he actually signs all these guys but there has just been too much momentum. More than likely this takes Brown off the list as well.

                                                    Mickey, Moore, Morrison, Martinez, Bellamy. That’s a quality group.

                                                    Comment


                                                    • #27
                                                      Originally posted by TP81989 View Post
                                                      What's going on with CB recruiting?

                                                      They seemed to be in the mix for Brooks and Rogers. Now won't get a visit from either.
                                                      I just don’t think people realize that when it comes down to actually attending ND, it take more than charismatic and hard working recruiters. Profile matters.

                                                      Comment


                                                      • #28
                                                        Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

                                                        I just don’t think people realize that when it comes down to actually attending ND, it take more than charismatic and hard working recruiters. Profile matters.
                                                        It's many things. I like that Freeman is going after the big boys. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take and all that. Whether it's true or not, there is a perception that ND was too comfortable with recruiting people they known they can sign. It's like asking the girl to prom that you know will most likely say yes, even though you may like someone a bit more.

                                                        If the new approach that Freeman is bringing only ends up in a 5% closure rate, that's still 1 to 2 better players than what we were getting before. I will take that all day long. Without it, we have hit our plateau.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • #29
                                                          Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

                                                          I just don’t think people realize that when it comes down to actually attending ND, it take more than charismatic and hard working recruiters. Profile matters.
                                                          Bingo.... There's a reason we don't recruit these areas too well. They're not really down the aisle we're shopping
                                                          Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

                                                          Comment


                                                          • #30
                                                            Mike singer also reporting that ND is slipping from Rodgers. Very disappointing

                                                            Comment


                                                            • #31
                                                              Originally posted by Ndaccountant View Post

                                                              It's many things. I like that Freeman is going after the big boys. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take and all that. Whether it's true or not, there is a perception that ND was too comfortable with recruiting people they known they can sign. It's like asking the girl to prom that you know will most likely say yes, even though you may like someone a bit more.

                                                              If the new approach that Freeman is bringing only ends up in a 5% closure rate, that's still 1 to 2 better players than what we were getting before. I will take that all day long. Without it, we have hit our plateau.
                                                              I’m all aboard the Freeman hype express. And I completely agree with the everything you said above. But, I think it might’ve got a little ahead of itself. And, we’ve seen some of this before. He won’t be the first coach to recruit elite guys that might have been reaches as far as profile fits goes. But, hopefully he has more success with the guys we should be getting. Hopefully Freeman gets us to where we are winning all Kyle Hamilton/Jaylon Smith’s recruitments and not worrying about the Aaron Lynch’s of the world.

                                                              Comment


                                                              • #32
                                                                Did you guys really believe we were going to land a 4 star CB from MS?
                                                                60% of the time, it works every time.

                                                                Comment


                                                                • #33
                                                                  If visits were allowed in March I’d guess he would have visited. After that who knows? Likely the same result by NSD but seems like a case that there was real momentum, he was talking to national reporters at 7-7 camps about ND. The message likely wore off as time passed and comfort emerges.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • #34
                                                                    Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

                                                                    I’m all aboard the Freeman hype express. And I completely agree with the everything you said above. But, I think it might’ve got a little ahead of itself. And, we’ve seen some of this before. He won’t be the first coach to recruit elite guys that might have been reaches as far as profile fits goes. But, hopefully he has more success with the guys we should be getting. Hopefully Freeman gets us to where we are winning all Kyle Hamilton/Jaylon Smith’s recruitments and not worrying about the Aaron Lynch’s of the world.
                                                                    We use to go after a lot of guys that were never coming here for one reason or another. Then BK refocused recruiting to those that are a better fit. I like that Freeman is going after these guys, but I suspect he will learn over time and become a little more selective.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • #35
                                                                      Mike Frank seems to think that dad was really wanting to make a trip, but now that Khamauri's other big options are also pushing for visits the Rogers won't be able to spare an OV up here. Another one where a visit might have been a game changer. Unfortunate but not the end of the world. Pulling a kid from the deep south is hard to do when all the SEC is all over them too.
                                                                      "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • #36
                                                                        Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                                        Mike Frank seems to think that dad was really wanting to make a trip, but now that Khamauri's other big options are also pushing for visits the Rogers won't be able to spare an OV up here. Another one where a visit might have been a game changer. Unfortunate but not the end of the world. Pulling a kid from the deep south is hard to do when all the SEC is all over them too.
                                                                        will sting if ends up picking a trash program like Ole Miss tbf..
                                                                        What did Davonte do?

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • #37
                                                                          Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                                          Mike Frank seems to think that dad was really wanting to make a trip, but now that Khamauri's other big options are also pushing for visits the Rogers won't be able to spare an OV up here. Another one where a visit might have been a game changer. Unfortunate but not the end of the world. Pulling a kid from the deep south is hard to do when all the SEC is all over them too.
                                                                          Sounds like we probably never had a realistic chance even with an OV.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • #38
                                                                            Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

                                                                            Sounds like we probably never had a realistic chance even with an OV.
                                                                            he already went to State and Ole Miss spring games as non officials. You'd think they'd be able to keep one visit for ND
                                                                            What did Davonte do?

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • #39
                                                                              Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

                                                                              Sounds like we probably never had a realistic chance even with an OV.
                                                                              They made it sound like dad was in our corner and maybe Khamauri could've swung this way if he had gotten up here, but alas. We all knew it would have always been a tough pull.

                                                                              This is the type of kid Freeman has talked about though. You have to be able to convince kids who wouldn't necessarily see themselves as a fit at ND that they are a fit here.
                                                                              "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • #40
                                                                                Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post

                                                                                They made it sound like dad was in our corner and maybe Khamauri could've swung this way if he had gotten up here, but alas. We all knew it would have always been a tough pull.

                                                                                This is the type of kid Freeman has talked about though. You have to be able to convince kids who wouldn't necessarily see themselves as a fit at ND that they are a fit here.
                                                                                He could have been our next Terry Jillary.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • #41
                                                                                  Miami CBs rolling

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • #42
                                                                                    Committed to Miami

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • #43
                                                                                      The U starting to do the U things again... Insert dollar sign emoji
                                                                                      Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

                                                                                      Comment

                                                                                      Adsense

                                                                                      Collapse
                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                      X