Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'21 CA DE Devin Auipua (Notre Dame Early Enrollee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '21 CA DE Devin Auipua (Notre Dame Early Enrollee)

DE
    Oxnard, CA
    Pacifica HS

Measurements:
    6-6

Rankings & Ratings 8-16-20:
    247 Comp ..... 3* ..... #33 OLB ....... #572 OA ..... .8714 rating
    247 ............... 3* ..... #30 OLB ............................ 89
    Rivals ............ 3* ................................................ 5.6
    ESPN ............. 3* ..... #64 OLB ............................ 77

Offers:
    Notre Dame
    UCLA ........ Committed 4-24-20
    ASU
    Cal
    KU
    Ore St
    USC
    UNLV
    UT
    UVA
    Wazzu

Twitter = https://twitter.com/aupiu44

Highlights:

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/6352739/5e1f6109a6768207c83421b4' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 12-09-2020, 05:34 PM.

Loy reporting ND offered on Wed.

Comment

Is this a sign that we aren’t as confident with Gilliam as we were?

Comment

Originally posted by DONTH8 View Post
        Is this a sign that we aren’t as confident with Gilliam as we were?
        Sounds like Gilliam is done.

But this is a Vyper candidate, not an SDE where they were hoping to use Gilliam.

Comment

Seems like a project but I trust Elston plus 22 seems like it could wrap up sooner than later and Tyson Ford is a stud SDE.

Comment

Anybody hear anything from the Rivals or ISD?

Comment

He flipped.

All the signs are there. The sites are just working on the commitment packages.

Comment

How do we fee about his talent?
                Check out my blog building4thefuture.blogspot.com. Its all sports. Irish, NFL DRAFT PROSPECT PREVIEWS, Mets, Mavericks, and Islanders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Are we at the point where ND comes calling on committed kids, and recruits be like:

Seems like not to recently ND was always on the other side more times than not.
                  "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

Originally posted by Mavericknyc1980 View Post
                    How do we fee about his talent?
                    I'll be happy when he gets to 260 and the Vyper thoughts have passed. Put him on the BbB protein and iron diet and hope he's full go in '23, maybe a rotation kid in '22 if we're lucky and he's ready. He's EEing so that certainly helps.

Comment

And for those wondering how to pronounce it:

AH-pew

Comment

only watched the highlights, no info on the guy...not many offers and the ones he has seem lack luster.....prob get him a few snaps a game in passing downs like foskey...but foskey seemed to have more hoopla about him...the kid did seem to have some quickness and pass rushing ability....puzzling that the offer comes now
                        EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

I don’t find the offer puzzling. They clearly wanted another DLine guy, and with Gilliam out, this was the fallback option.

Curious now, if the target is 25 commits do we look for best player available with the last spot or is there another need this staff is looking to fill.
                          .....Before I Get Out

Comment

OLB?? 6'6''??

Is this the next Troy Niklas??

Comment

Originally posted by phillyirish View Post
                              I don’t find the offer puzzling. They clearly wanted another DLine guy, and with Gilliam out, this was the fallback option.

Curious now, if the target is 25 commits do we look for best player available with the last spot or is there another need this staff is looking to fill.
                              but they weren't competing for the same position...so this is why it is puzzling to me
                              EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                                only watched the highlights, no info on the guy...not many offers and the ones he has seem lack luster.....prob get him a few snaps a game in passing downs like foskey...but foskey seemed to have more hoopla about him...the kid did seem to have some quickness and pass rushing ability....puzzling that the offer comes now
                                He's been committed since the start of April. We have no idea how many offers he has because like ND's offer, he isn't going to tweet them. I'm pretty sure UDub offered after he committed.

As far as hoopla, Foskey went to De La Salle in the non-Covid era. Aupiu is stuck in no mans land outside of LA/OC/IE. It's amazing how much Cali talent pops in college from kids not at the Top 30 CA programs that get picked over by recruiters followed by 247 & Rivals.

Comment

Flip season. Loy with an 8 on the scale

Comment

Originally posted by phillyirish View Post

I'm pretty sure Aupiu will be able to play SDE. He'll be 250+ quickly, could be 275 soon afterwards. His Jr film reminds me more of Ade than Daelin and they are both in the 6-4/265 range. Just matters where your skillset fits best as long as you have the physical ability to perform at the position.

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post

AH-pew
                                      Bless you!

Comment

Watching his junior film his get off seems a bit slow to me. His first several steps seem in place before he really gets going. I have seen several other D-ends out here with the same frame that I liked better in the last two years that also had UCLA and other limited offers.

Comment

Originally posted by yankeehater View Post
                                          Watching his junior film his get off seems a bit slow to me. His first several steps seem in place before he really gets going. I have seen several other D-ends out here with the same frame that I liked better in the last two years that also had UCLA and other limited offers.
                                          I agree with this. He needs to work on explosion. There is one snap in the beginning where he does get off fast so that was encouraging. Just comes off the ball like a SDE expecting to play the run.

These dudes come off the ball with intentions:

<iframe class="twofourseven-embed" title="Player Embed" style="max-width: 100%" frameBorder="0" width="600" height="200" src="https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/John-Henry-Daley-at-Lone-Peak-254951/Embed/"></iframe><script async src="https://assets.247sports.com/Scripts/SkyNet/Shared/embed.js" charSet="utf-8"></script>

<iframe class="twofourseven-embed" title="Player Embed" style="max-width: 100%" frameBorder="0" width="600" height="200" src="https://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Kaleb-Elarms-Orr-at-Moreau-Catholic-248361/Embed/"></iframe><script async src="https://assets.247sports.com/Scripts/SkyNet/Shared/embed.js" charSet="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Biggins & Huffman flipped. Wiltfong added.

Pile on and earn some points.

Going to check out some Bruin boards to see the reaction.

Comment

I hadn’t realized Jonathan MacCollister reclassified to the Class of 2021...

Comment

I'm pretty sure Aupiu will be able to play SDE. He'll be 250+ quickly, could be 275 soon afterwards. His Jr film reminds me more of Ade than Daelin and they are both in the 6-4/265 range. Just matters where your skillset fits best as long as you have the physical ability to perform at the position.
                                                I agree with your general thoughts on the matter. I think he ends up at SDE. He's only projecting Vyper because he's currently so light. Very similar to Ade. It'll take a couple/few years for him to develop that. So, that brings me to a couple of things related to this.

1. I think Elston has a place in the DL room for guys just like this. Guys that are comfortable being on that path. Guys that expect to play right away get frustrated when they don't. Elston seems comfortable bringing in a group of guys every so often that are comfortable with a longer term plan.
                                                2. On his first step, I he'll need to really increase his explosiveness. But, that is not uncommon for young guys that are this long and lean. That's where Balis comes in. If he was already explosive, he'd be a 5 star commit to Bama, lol. That is something that can definitely be developed and harnessed over time.

Comment

Just keep pouring in the syrup
                                                  Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

I'll be happy when he gets to 260 and the Vyper thoughts have passed. Put him on the BbB protein and iron diet and hope he's full go in '23, maybe a rotation kid in '22 if we're lucky and he's ready. He's EEing so that certainly helps.
                                                    I didn't see this when I posted above.

Great news to get this guy on campus sooner rather than later. I wonder how much that played into this.

Comment

Let him marinate in the Balis program and you'll have a player in 2 years

Comment

AH-pew
                                                        Bless you.

EDIT: Too late, beat to the punch

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
                                                        Last edited by ThePiombino; 12-01-2020, 04:56 PM.

Comment

https://www.ndinsider.com/football/p...f6d8508ee.html

Was just listening to this podcast and Carter K says someone's gonna commit today. Gotta be Awpew but if it's Edwards or Wright, I ain't b!tch!n.

Comment

Yea, I think Aupiu is a done deal and just finalizing the announcement.

Comment

Hi guys, sorry for the last thread screwing up. I was able to move most of the old posts from here. We had one post that made it impossible to alter the thread at all.

Thanks for the heads up Crusader.
                                                              "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Irish

Comment

At this juncture I trust the staff when they're hunting for 3*, 6'5" edge rushers.
                                                                  "Yes, they deserved to die and I hope they burn in hell!"
                                                                  --Samuel L

Comment

Given our recent D-line recruiting, we better be batting balls like Barry Bonds by 2022.

Devin Aupiu — 6’6”
                                                                    Rylie Mills — 6’5”
                                                                    Jason Onye — 6’5”
                                                                    Gabriel Rubio — 6’5”
                                                                    Alex Ehrensberger — 7’3”

Comment

Neat

Comment

I’m pretty convinced that Balis and Elston will get something out of this guy.

Welcome to ND, Devin! #FTB

Comment

Originally posted by longliveautrydenson View Post
                                                                          Given our recent D-line recruiting, we better be batting balls like Barry Bonds by 2022.

Devin Aupiu — 6’6”
                                                                          Rylie Mills — 6’5”
                                                                          Jason Onye — 6’5”
                                                                          Gabriel Rubio — 6’5”
                                                                          Alex Ehrensberger — 7’3”
                                                                          That cracked me up
                                                                          Last edited by FightingIrishLover7; 12-09-2020, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Let’s Gooooooo
                                                                            Check out my blog building4thefuture.blogspot.com. Its all sports. Irish, NFL DRAFT PROSPECT PREVIEWS, Mets, Mavericks, and Islanders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• #40
                                                                              Welcome to Notre Dame Devin.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                                Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• #42
                                                                                  Originally posted by longliveautrydenson View Post

Devin Aupiu — 6’6”
                                                                                  Rylie Mills — 6’5”
                                                                                  Jason Onye — 6’5”
                                                                                  Gabriel Rubio — 6’5”
                                                                                  Alex Ehrensberger — 7’3”
                                                                                  That's just what he says. He is really only 7-2.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                    congrats to this young man!

Comment

• #44
                                                                                      In this article he mentions trying to get Deshun Murrell to ND. Hopefully that’s the word coming from the staff.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Oxnard (Calif.) Pacifica linebacker Devin Aupiu has flipped his commitment to Notre Dame from UCLA and he talks about why he picked the Fighting Irish <a href="https://t.co/30nDpZs1bY">https://t.co/30nDpZs1bY</a> <a href="https://t.co/MxOOfq6eSk">pic.twitter.com/MxOOfq6eSk</a></p>&mdash; Brandon Huffman (@BrandonHuffman) <a href="https://twitter.com/BrandonHuffman/status/1336800663313911808?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 9, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• #45
                                                                                        Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                                        In this article he mentions trying to get Deshun Murrell to ND. Hopefully that’s the word coming from the staff.
                                                                                        If he's a legit 4.3, sign me the F up. Watched his short highlights. Ran pretty well in traffic, and like him catching out of the backfield. Looked kinda tall and skinny, but not tall (5-11/185) lol.
                                                                                        The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                                        Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• #46
                                                                                          Cool beans

Comment

• #47
                                                                                            <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Notre Dame has flipped 2021 DE Devin Aupiu from UCLA and <a href="https://twitter.com/jamieuyeyama?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@jamieuyeyama</a> takes a look at what he brings to the Irish. <a href="https://t.co/wZh61iyDp5">https://t.co/wZh61iyDp5</a></p>&mdash; Irish Sports Daily (@ISDUpdate) <a href="https://twitter.com/ISDUpdate/status/1336801157134610439?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 9, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• #48
                                                                                              <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">BREAKING | Notre Dame has landed a commitment from 2021 Pacifica (Calif.) DE Devin Aupiu. <a href="https://t.co/d3V2qkqCPZ">https://t.co/d3V2qkqCPZ</a></p>&mdash; Matt Freeman (@mattfreemanISD) <a href="https://twitter.com/mattfreemanISD/status/1336800829114884097?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 9, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/Rivals_Singer?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Rivals_Singer</a> breaks down <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Notre Dame</a>’s newest commitment <a href="https://t.co/fyyI9xnFrs">https://t.co/fyyI9xnFrs</a></p>&mdash; BlueandGold.com (@BGInews) <a href="https://twitter.com/BGInews/status/1336804227772002315?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 9, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                  This years project. Kelly has been good with these overall. Get thicker and much stronger. Great closing speed and want to.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                  Working...
                                                                                                  X